• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

IMO the problem right now is that earlier we thought raid was going to be the main route of progression past 365, it's no longer the case since they are no better than faction packages and you can only do once per character per week.

Kings fall was stingy withgear BUT it made sure that everything it dropped in NM was above 300 regardless of your LL. Which meant people could start the raid at 280-290 and approach 300 or above by the end of it.

With wrath of machine the LL of drops is tied to your own LL meaning you can finish the entire raid and not even go up 1LL. And that is quite bullshit tbh.
And this is supposed to be worse than getting a 300 FR when you were, say, 309 back in KF?

At least now, drops are either going to be the same light or higher light, and that is 10x better than the bullshit that was KF.

And I don't know how this is in the new raid, but you were lucky enough to even get a piece of gear to drop in KF.

I dig the new progression system. Anything above 370 is not necessary for the raid. So, I like this glacial improvement beyond the endgame activity prep. I stopped worrying abut my LL at 375 and have gone up just by playing how I would normally play since. And I'll continue to go up slowly, which is totally fine since, again, I'm already able to tackle the current content.

This added post-game crawl is significantly better to me than having every improvement hinge on double-RNG from stingy King's Fall.

nOoblet16

And this is supposed to be worse than getting a 300 FR when you were, say, 309 back in KF?

At least now, drops are either going to be the same light or higher light, and that is 10x better than the bullshit that was KF.
Yes because the highest level fight in the game was 310 and it was the stretch from 300-310 that was the grind. You could get lower LL stuff in KF but also significantly higher.

The highest level content here is 380 and the stagnation starts at 365...that's a larger gap. I'm not saying it's needed to finish the raid but people were <10LL of Oryx first week itself without any grinding. This time around if you want to be <10LL of Aksis you have to grind faction rep.

It was very rare for anyone to go through the entire raid without a single gear drop in KF, you'd get atleast one and atleast for the first week that would bump up your LL up significantly because it was guaranteed to be 300+ while every player was under 300.

Yes because the highest level fight in the game was 310 and it was the stretch from 300-310 that was the grind. You could get lower LL stuff in KF but also significantly higher.

The highest level content here is 380 and the stagnation starts at 365...that's a larger gap. I'm not saying it's needed to finish the raid but people were <10LL of Oryx first week itself without any grinding. This time around if you want to be <10LL of Aksis you have to grind faction rep.

It was very rare for anyone to go through the entire raid without a single gear drop in KF, you'd get atleast one and atleast for the first week that would bump up your LL up significantly because it was guaranteed to be 300+ while every player was under 300.
That's because they fucked with legendaries so you're better off farming Omnigul. If they just brought the +6 system back to those instead of +1 or +0, there wouldn't be a need to grind factions or Omnigul.

The system is perfect, but Bungie did the usual break things that don't need fixing.

But it's still better than getting two shitty Moldering Shards so you could stack 20 of them, to then get another two Moldering Shards.

I have nothing wrong with there being other easy ways to reach max light. If the raid is fun, that's all that matters. KF was not fun.

I'm not saying you would get 0 drops, but there were people who were lucky enough to get one or two drops back then. It was terrible and felt shitty to get Moldering Shards from pretty much every encounter.

Regarding drops from bosses, say if I am 75% of the way to 364 LL, is the percentage taken into account for when the items drop? Meaning, does it make a difference if I am 75% of the way to the next LL or right at the beginning of 364?

Hzoltan69

I love this game, but the way Bungie is handling it is ridiculous. They put up a progression wall so that people don't exhaust all the content in a week (which I totally understand and can live with), but at the same time leave in a truckload of exploitable bugs, so all their efforts amount to nothing.

I love this game, but the way Bungie is handling it is ridiculous. They put up a progression wall so that people don't exhaust all the content in a week (which I totally understand and can live with), but at the same time leave in a truckload of exploitable bugs, so all their efforts amount to nothing.
Eh, we are talking about the same company that had the loot cave and allowed us to screw with our internet so we could kill Crota.

I've lost all hope at them succeeding in this. They keep failing at building this wall.

We did it!

9uNaevt.jpg

Also from my Raid group last night...

ru6Apdw.jpg

deafmedal

Played with Hawkian for the first time and embarrassed myself in the crucible. I'm normally not that bad, I swear.

A true Protato owns their suckyness and relishes it ;)

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier when you asked about farming, we're doing a blind WotM raid right now so I can't help but I'll invite you to the PSN chat, maybe someone in there can help (KERNAL!!!) for now?

To set as clan I think there is a button somewhere on the clan tab in the group on bungiedotnet... or maybe it says set as playstation clan on the group wall page?

Biggest piece of advice I can give to people stuck on the final Raid boss:
Hunter tethers are crucial. When we only had 1, we could barely have enough DPS to do 20% damage per cycle (which is the bare minimum you need to clear him.) With 2, we had enough to do 25% damage per cycle. We killed him without going into enrage. We also saved one tether for the final part where he teleports back to his spawn. Without that, I don't think we could have killed him. We were 367, 370, 370, 375, 375.

Zocano

Still waiting to hear from Hawkian to see how his 355+ raid went last night. Maybe they are still running it?

We got to the 2nd to last encounter and called it. It was late for some people and would be hard to just find more people.

But our team comp was better than just bare minimum so. We had one 370, and only two people under 360

Still waiting to hear from Hawkian to see how his 355+ raid went last night. Maybe they are still running it?

Our team of half 355ish, half 365ish was able the clear the first boss. We didn't spend any real time on the second but some red bar enemies started showing up for the lower light members.

Definitely worth at least starting at lower light.

Is the raid possible at 355?

Really don't think so. At least not the final boss. See my post earlier.
Biggest piece of advice I can give to people stuck on the final Raid boss:
Hunter tethers are crucial. When we only had 1, we could barely have enough DPS to do 20% damage per cycle (which is the bare minimum you need to clear him.) With 2, we had enough to do 25% damage per cycle. We killed him without going into enrage. We also saved one tether for the final part where he teleports back to his spawn. Without that, I don't think we could have killed him. We were 367, 370, 370, 375, 375.

If you don't want spoilers... well the final boss just isn't going to go down with low DPS.

We got to the 2nd to last encounter and called it. It was late for some people and would be hard to just find more people.

But our team comp was better than just bare minimum so. We had one 370, and only two people under 360

Our team of half 355ish, half 365ish was able the clear the first boss. We didn't spend any real time on the second but some red bar enemies started showing up for the lower light members.

Definitely worth at least starting at lower light.

Good to know. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for groups running the beginning tonight. I managed to get up to 357 last night with a short Omnigual and a couple of Sepkis runs.

Top Bottom