• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Whew, raid fnished! Aside from a crash after the second boss robbing me of my loot, was pretty awesome all around. Nice to see more opportunities for clutching a win when things go sideways. The atmosphere in some of those late areas was phenomenal. Though I feel bad for the poor IT guy that had to deal with working there.

Good stuff Kadey, Lightsaber, Camokid, Saithan, Babyghost, and final boss pinch shooter Jafku!

If you are barely 350, and you don't have any Arc weapons, please do not attempt the heroic strike playlist.
Even with zhalo and any other arc weapons, if yiu are 350 or bellow is a suicide mission. My first arempt paired me with 2 ramdoms (kudos to them, they stick out to the end) but it was painfull. I think it took us a good 40 minutes and several wipes to get it done

If you are barely 350, and you don't have any Arc weapons, please do not attempt the heroic strike playlist.
I've been running it since 340 pretty effectively with Zhalo, arc sniper and arc sword. Only that one taken prince strike has been a pain.

I do get matched with some 330's with no arc weapons that are completely useless though.

Whew, raid fnished! Aside from a crash after the second boss robbing me of my loot, was pretty awesome all around. Nice to see more opportunities for clutching a win when things go sideways. The atmosphere in some of those late areas was phenomenal. Though I feel bad for the poor IT guy that had to deal with working there.

Good stuff Kadey, Lightsaber, Camokid, Saithan, Babyghost, and final boss pinch shooter Jafku!
One of the best runs.also u shld not say u crashed ,just say u completed the whole thing alone .:p

This thread moves fast.

Can two people teach me how to omnigould farm? I have gjally
Here is what we used.
1 nightsalker ,1 golden gun with nighthawk helm and 1 person for ad. Cleanup duty.
At the first encounter location thrown the shadowshot on wall next to her.the use golden gun and then unload all heavies on her.the mob cleaner generally kills all ads around her and helps DPS omni the other 2 should use raze lighter or Gally to DPS her and kill her.
Once she is down wipe asap and rinse and reapeat.

XenoRaven

Looking to blind raid sometime tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully there are enough people who missed the initial frenzy that we can get a group together.

I'm not sure how much Light you need to realistically do it, but I'm going to ask that you have at least 355.

Quote to be added.

1. XenoRaven

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
It is a Pre order bonus from certain vendors .

It should be in your postmaster if you pre ordered. Not sure what your Y1 Gally has to do with it though...

Hmm... I had a level 3 GHorn in my inventory from the postmaster. I did the quest and got a new ghorn. So I had two ghorns... I dismantled the level 3 ghorn and now I only have a ghorn not an Iron Ghorn. People were saying you had to infuse?

Does anyone know if But Not Forgotten drops only on 360 offerings?

Nope. Got it at 342 or so.

Hmm... I had a level 3 GHorn in my inventory from the postmaster. I did the quest and got a new ghorn. So I had two ghorns... I dismantled the level 3 ghorn and now I only have a ghorn not an Iron Ghorn.
Check the blueprint in the tower. The iron ghorn is there. And the 3 iron ghorn was the pre order bonus. You then infuse it. I now have 2 ghorns at 350 plus

Anyone up for WotM on Xbox? Last night my team go to the Siege Engine, but our light levels (355~) weren't enough to take on all the adds that spawned once we got the engine parts. I spent the rest of the night farming from 354 to 365, so I'm looking for folks interested in doing the raid (or finding a team that could do it, if possible).

Hmm... I had a level 3 GHorn in my inventory from the postmaster. I did the quest and got a new ghorn. So I had two ghorns... I dismantled the level 3 ghorn and now I only have a ghorn not an Iron Ghorn. People were saying you had to infuse?

You needed to infuse something into the Iron Horn, not dismantle it. Try going to the postmaster on a different character and see if there is a Lvl 3 Iron Horn waiting. You can then give that to your main and level it up.

Looking to blind raid sometime tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully there are enough people who missed the initial frenzy that we can get a group together.

I'm not sure how much Light you need to realistically do it, but I'm going to ask that you have at least 355.

Quote to be added.

1. XenoRaven
2. Ninja_Kn1ght

Sign me up!

SeanR1221

Been out of the loop for a while.

What's the most efficient way to get legendary marks? Weekly strike, nightfall, daily mission and crucible right?

Don't you get like 10 for your first theee crucible matches too?

Been out of the loop for a while.

What's the most efficient way to get legendary marks? Weekly strike, nightfall, daily mission and crucible right?

Don't you get like 10 for your first theee crucible matches too?
Public events now give you 15 marks + engrams and mats once per day per character also

Edit: top of the page scrubery

Welcome to Destiny.

How long did it take you guys to finish?
A long time...10 hours total maybe? Called it a night late last night on the final boss, and finished him up in the morning. We had some breaks in there too I guess.

It was semi blind, we puzzled out most of the mechanics, explored a good bit for chests and fragments, and only resorted to looking stuff up once on the final boss. Had the mechanics mostly down, but not the fine detail.

Biggest thing, as usual, was just communication and execution, especially in the less forgiving final phase.

Shiv47

Quote to be added.

1. XenoRaven
I'd be down for tomorrow night, but need today to get my light higher. If you need to run tonight or tomorrow afternoon, no worries.

UberLevi

Finally got the Khvostov. Kinda disappointed. The default firing mechanisms feel best to me. I love the gun itself, but imo it's just a basic auto rifle that can turn into shittier guns and take up your exotic weapon slot. Will probably just keep it as a trophy. Next stop is the Iron Gjallarhorn quest, which I think will be a lot more fruitful.

Really says a lot about this expansion that people are having to grind omnigul and sepiks to get past 360.
Bungie breaking the perfect +6 system by making legendaries not use this system.

Good job Bungie -__-

They refuse to realize that people play this game for the gameplay and not the grind. They keep making the grind a pain in the ass.

KxoZz

Can anyone explain (raid final boss spoiler)
how the strat with the empowerment discharge that charges everyones supers works? Trying it right now and we can't discharge on the servitor spots. Do we have to be like crazy fast?

Finally got the Khvostov. Kinda disappointed. The default firing mechanisms feel best to me. I love the gun itself, but imo it's just a basic auto rifle that can turn into shittier guns and take up your exotic weapon slot. Will probably just keep it as a trophy. Next stop is the Iron Gjallarhorn quest, which I think will be a lot more fruitful.

At 900RPM with stability perks, it's an excellent bullet hose in Crucible. Outside of that... it's not great.

Can anyone explain (raid final boss spoiler)
how the strat with the empowerment discharge that charges everyones supers works? Trying it right now and we can't discharge on the servitor spots. Do we have to be like crazy fast?

We only managed to do it a few times. I wish we understood the mechanic better because a lot more supers could be nice.

Bought the Grayscale Lens artifact with some silver dust I had from breaking down ornaments. This is a really cool addition to the game.

http://imgur.com/a/w038C

Linking because I'm wearing the raid chest piece in the photo. Don't want to spoil anyone accidentally. :p

KxoZz

We only managed to do it a few times. I wish we understood the mechanic better because a lot more supers could be nice.
We figured it out kinda
When Aksis teleports only one of the three servitor spots lights up. It seems like it's always one of the spots NOT on the side he teleports to (makes sense since that guy is needed to slam). The discharge has to happen before the slam. Voilá, everything recharged. So you need someone who is not empowerd to call it out.

Foxxsoxx

What's this about grinding Omnigul? Is it killing her before she enters the room for loot? I got to 350 light and I've pretty much hit a wall besides the very few 151s and 152 I'm getting.

MechDX

This is why I break down NOTHING! This game does a crappy job properly describing things

Anyone starting a raid soon? I got a few hours to spare and I'd like to give it a shot. I'm a 367 warlock.
And I don't care about going in blind or anything. I'm in it for the loot.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Check the blueprint in the tower. The iron ghorn is there. And the 3 iron ghorn was the pre order bonus. You then infuse it. I now have 2 ghorns at 350 plus

You needed to infuse something into the Iron Horn, not dismantle it. Try going to the postmaster on a different character and see if there is a Lvl 3 Iron Horn waiting. You can then give that to your main and level it up.

This is why I break down NOTHING! This game does a crappy job properly describing things

Thanks, guardians.

Hopping on at 6PM ESt for an hour or so to try and level up. Join if you want.

molnizzle

What's this about grinding Omnigul? Is it killing her before she enters the room for loot? I got to 350 light and I've pretty much hit a wall besides the very few 151s and 152 I'm getting.

Yep. Kill her before she enters her boss hallway, loot, die, repeat. It's boring but efficient.

I had a better time just plowing through the heroic strike playlist though.

The real wall starts at 365...

Top Bottom