• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So the only ways to get past 365 are ranking up factions, decrypting exotic engrams or getting raid gear?
I'm 367 and I feel like I might as well quit til I can do a raid. Everything else would be a slog.

Beat it twice now and I find the end battle is a really well designed encounter.
Communication has to be perfect, no one is "the special one", supers can be effectively used as what they are intended to be, the randomness of the empowerment requires all fireteam members to flexible and aware of their surroundings and while there are favoured weapons to use, I never got the feeling that there is a specific weapon that is "the one".

I agree.

The progression system blows that's true. I want to be higher light, but I don't have the resources to get there. The raid itself doesn't help much at all.
The loot system blows even harder. There's no reason any of us want green class items more than raid drops and exotics. There's no reason to let us craft items when our slots are full for the output.

The raid is a lot of fun. Learning can be exhausting, but the victory is worth it.

Thanks for the first clear team!

I always burn mine on heavy ammo. Heavy ammo is the safest currency as I use it for faction rep and for actual heavy ammo. There's nothing else to really spend Glimmer on anymore.

How much rep do we get for Crota's End?
I was honestly considering a quick solo run to get my artifact up, but luckily I found one in the raid.
Now I am 366 light, but the climb higher seems insurmountable given my time and resources.

Heavy is a good one, but Heavy isn't what you should rank up faction with first. Weapon parts give 50 rep for 25 and cost 250 glimmer. One full rank therefore costs 62,500. Heavy gives 25 rep for 1 and cost 950 glimmer. One full rank therefore costs 95,000. Pretty big difference. Heavy is however super worth it to buy from Xur if you want to rank up factions. Please correct my math if wrong. Didn't double check.

i love how Bungie takes the problem of Court of Oryx being too far out of the way by making Archon Forge even further away. There's never anybody here.

Looking for two more for Wrath of the Machine on Xbone at around 6pm MDT. We're going to be trying blind if at all possible, so please be game for that. My gt is HippoAvenger, message me for an invite!

Wallach

i love how Bungie takes the problem of Court of Oryx being too far out of the way by making Archon Forge even further away. There's never anybody here.

Problem isn't that it is far away, it's that the matchmaking kicks in like two seconds before it zones you in. You basically have to crawl up the stairs on your hands and knees to be slow enough for it to find you an active instance rather than create one when you get there.

I have noooooooo idea how these guys thought this was a good thing. In a sea of baffling decisions this one was the worst I think.
Rexurbishing is up there too.
Yeah they messed up bad. Really dumb on there part. They just need to add a way to travel right to it from the director. They could even make it where it matchmakes at least 3 people with you so you're not by yourself.

I'm searching for two people with whom to do that strike on the moon with the secret path that leads to an exotic sniper rifle, or something like that. In about two hours. PS4. I'm LL 343.

Problem isn't that it is far away, it's that the matchmaking kicks in like two seconds before it zones you in. You basically have to crawl up the stairs on your hands and knees to be slow enough for it to find you an active instance rather than create one when you get there.

That too.

Keep in mind that in the stairwell leading up to the Forge area, the game is conducted the matchmaking for it.

Usually if I walk up the stairs rather than Sprint I'll find people. It happened last night and they invited me to party chat to invite their other friends and we 6-manned it :D

Edit: beaten above

Mindlog

I agree.

Heavy is a good one, but Heavy isn't what you should rank up faction with first. Weapon parts give 50 rep for 25 and cost 250 glimmer. One full rank therefore costs 62,500. Heavy gives 25 rep for 1 and cost 950 glimmer. One full rank therefore costs 95,000. Pretty big difference. Heavy is however super worth it to buy from Xur if you want to rank up factions. Please correct my math if wrong. Didn't double check.
No that sounds about right. Kind of crazy that my massive stack of glimmer would only net me ~4 faction levels.

I just tend to buy heavy because most of the heavy I donate to factions comes from Strange Coins. I typically buy heavy to keep me ~40 stacks.
Might be just a coincidence, but I almost always find others when I go to the Warren first. The path is longer so maybe matchmaking has an easier time pairing me up, I completed the challenges/bounties using this method.

beaten like 12 times D:

Mikey Jr.

I am getting done with this game.

Ll 346, and that's it. I can't cross it. Everything dropping is 348 or 349. I'm doing first part of raid, running heroics like a mad man, giving synthetic to my faction.

WHAT DOES THIS FUCKING GAME WANT FROM ME?!

Man, this sucks.

Anyone know how to get artifacts? I have 333, and I see no where to buy one. Thats holding my ll back I guess. But like, nothing fucking drops the thing.

Ll 346, and that's it. I can't cross it. Everything dropping is 348 or 349. I'm doing first part of raid, running heroics like a mad man, giving synthetic to my faction.

Man, this sucks.

Anyone know how to get artifacts? I have 333, and I see no where to buy one. Thats holding my ll back I guess. But like, nothing fucking drops the thing.

You get a 350 artifact but from the cryptarch lady at fellwinter. You use an item you get from a quest line to get it

Had a ridiculous Forge run with two clanmates. We all had one offering a piece, but then three others showed up and we ended up chaining 14 offerings in a row between what we had and ones that kept dropping from enemies in the Forge. I've never seen so many offerings drop that often. Did 4 perfected ones out of the 14, and we all left with a metric ton of loot.

If only every Forge run was like that. Usually it's just one or two offerings and then you're done.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Generally yes, but this is absolutely not an example of that. When you first go to your postmaster after ROI was released the iron Gjallerhorn is sitting right there. It's clearly named Iron Gjallerhorn. Why anyone would then dismantle that and then wonder how to get the Iron Gjallerhorn is beyond me.

I thought I had the Iron Gjallarhorn after I, you know, picked it up from the quest. Then I have a 3 Gh sitting in inventory. Soooooorrrrryyyyyyy.

owlbeak

Man, this sucks.

As stated above, you basically get a free 350 one during a quest.

Beyond that, best bet that's worked for me is ranking up Crota's End faction or whatever. Her faction packages can either be artifacts or class items.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say casual, as we do play a lot. But we are busy people and look to Destiny to play together to relax. Wouldn't mind grouping with like minded fellow gaffers.

PSN: Dynheart

Adding you tomorrow. I play like mad when I can (which is the last few weeks), but if I'm busy with work (which is the next few weeks), maybe just several hours a week.

Oh, and thanks to the_id for adding me to run a couple strikes. LL 345 now, so I gained a point. And sorry for the last bit--I thought I had my mic on but I had turned it off to talk to the wife and forgot to turn it back on. lol

Beat it twice now and I find the end battle is a really well designed encounter.
Communication has to be perfect, no one is "the special one", supers can be effectively used as what they are intended to be, the randomness of the empowerment requires all fireteam members to flexible and aware of their surroundings and while there are favoured weapons to use, I never got the feeling that there is a specific weapon that is "the one".

I agree completely. Overall, it's a very coherent and cohesive raid. The end boss fight is a challenge and a half, but it's damn blast.

MrDaravon

Is the Havoc Pigeon a decent sidearm archtype? I got one with Zen Moment, Outlaw and Hand Loaded which I think is fairly ideal for a sidearm?

Alright it is true regarding if you open up a chest using a skeleton with your artifact being the lowest LL of your gear, you get an artifact. Just got one at 365 :). Used 2 skeleton keys tho so 50/50 chance.

darkwing

Alright it is true regarding if you open up a chest using a skeleton with your artifact being the lowest LL of your gear, you get an artifact. Just got one at 365 :). Used 2 skeleton keys tho so 50/50 chance.

I've had more luck on faction packages, a 365 and later a 368

RdN

Still completely stuck at 364 light due to still having a 350 artifact.

Have been grinding Heroic Strikes for hours and not a single skeleton key to open a chest.

This is so frustrating, it's almost making me drop the game.

Wallach

I'm not really sure why they set the blue engram level to cap at 340 when the heroic strike playlist starts at 350. In terms of progression path this expansion was definitely a step back.

Great, thanks. Bumped me up to 348. Is there a threshold before I start getting better stuff?

It depends on what activities you do. Blue engrams go up to 340, purple engrams go up to 365, and exotics go up to 385.

Drops from strike bosses in heroic go to 385 I think (or maybe 365?). I think drops from bosses in Archons Forge also go to 385.

I just hit 340 and honestly have no idea how I'm going to progress. All rares I get top off at 340 and legendaries are only one or two points above that. I'd rather not grind for blues.

I'm waiting for Iron Banner on tues cause I'm guessing those go up to 385. There's also faction packages

So best ways to get to 365 right now is CoO and Omnigul farming, correct? I have so many runes for CoO so numbers won't be an issue. I want to run the raid before the reset on Tuesday, so I want to get to 365 asap

MrDaravon

Am I crazy for thinking this is really good, at least for PvE?

IJOFMAt.jpg

No Triple Tap/Firefly, but it feels super good in all other regards and I like explosive rounds in PvE. I like how this feels better than The Wounded that I have (which doesn't have TT/FF though).

Wallach

Am I crazy for thinking this is really good, at least for PvE?

No Triple Tap/Firefly, but it feels super good in all other regards and I like explosive rounds in PvE. I like how this feels better than The Wounded that I have (which doesn't have TT/FF though).

Looks alright to me, though Explosive Rounds is sort of at odds with Outlaw, as any kills caused by explosion damage will prevent Outlaw from triggering.

MrDaravon

Looks alright to me, though Explosive Rounds is sort of at odds with Outlaw, as any kills caused by explosion damage will prevent Outlaw from triggering.

Ah that's right, forgot about that. Could still run Rifled Barrel instead of Explosive Rounds for additional range instead. Hm.

I learned when you reach the stairs into the Archons Forge if you crouch and walk slowly it will have more time to find a populated instance.I did this three times and two times it placed me with atleast 4 others.

spyder_ur

Got exactly what I needed, a 365 artifact. It came from a purple helmet engram. Because of course it did.

Was just playing with a friend. We ranked up Eris all the way. Go back to the tower. He gets a 365 artifact which is a big boost from his 353. He goes to decrypt a few legendaries - chest turns into 364 artifact. Too perfect...

soultron

Banned
Still completely stuck at 364 light due to still having a 350 artifact.

Have been grinding Heroic Strikes for hours and not a single skeleton key to open a chest.

This is so frustrating, it's almost making me drop the game.

I got a 365 artifact from the raid, why not try that?

Also, you can grind Eris Morn rep for a chance at an artifact of up to 365.

Top Bottom