• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Really says a lot about this expansion that people are having to grind omnigul and sepiks to get past 360.

Played every day since release and only got to 353.

I'm already beginning to get bored with this dlc as doing omnigul farm for hours on end is not my idea of fun and unless you have thousands of coins or heavy synths to level factions then your stuck farming for blues to increase your light as legendaries and exotics don't seem to help.

They have ruined the progression system they had not long ago implemented.

Hopefully trials and IB bring the goods.

Also stop giving me greens.

Deku Tree

Anyone try the Bungie app for LFG? Does it work fast?

Never did it. And haven't used LFG in forever.
But the LFG inside the Bungie app looks way better than Destiny LFG web sites.

You can totally inspect the players who sign up including the perks on their weapons etc right within the app.

Zakalwe

Banned
Have they done somethign to SR rolls? Almost every single one I get has a great set of stats.

Latest:

Not like the others

Triple Tap
Perfect Balance
Hidden Hand

Anyone try the Bungie app for LFG? Does it work fast?

Never did it. And haven't used LFG in forever.
But the LFG inside the Bungie app looks way better than Destiny LFG web sites.

You can totally inspect the players who sign up including the perks on their weapons etc right within the app.

When did Bungie add a LFG function for their app?

Foxxsoxx

Played every day since release and only got to 353.

I'm already beginning to get bored with this dlc as doing omnigul farm for hours on end is not my idea of fun and unless you have thousands of coins or heavy synths to level factions then your stuck farming for blues to increase your light as legendaries and exotics don't seem to help.

They have ruined the progression system they had not long ago implemented.

Hopefully trials and IB bring the goods.

Also stop giving me greens.

Yeah if they're going go make this grind take so long they should not release the raid says after release. Give it a week or so. There's already guides up in how to do the raids and spoilers everywhere : doubt any group will be blind by the time I'm ready.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mejilan and ghostintheruins (both Stormcallers) are looking for a tether-happy Hunter to join us in some Omnigul farming. Enter our chat and join our session!

What quests need to be completed before you get the raid quest from Shiro? Probably not Gjally or Kvhostov right?

Edit: NVM. All you have to do is beat the RoI story.

molnizzle

I... I think I might have just gotten my first "god roll" from a faction package?

Last-Ditch 001
Aggressive Ballistics, Hand Loaded, Smallbore, Rangefinder

Eusis

There has to be a grind somewhere and it's 350 onwards. There needs to be some catch somewhere to artificially lengthen game time. It's intentional and I don't see it changing any time soon
Given how much people have praised the April update for speeding things up I kind of expect that come April it'll ease up.

Wish they were capped at that pre-expansion release though. Was lame as hell to be stuck at 300ish, whereas if they did that then you'd get a modest boost in time for RoI.

rumours are if you have it as your lowest light and open a chest with a key you get a better cance at an artifact, or grind eris, aparrantly her packages have a good drop rate for artifacts.

ahh okay, thanks! will open chests as soon as i get all my other gear to 365. Ghost seems to be hard as well to get a higher LL

Anyone want to do some Omnigul farming in about 2 hours? I have no idea what to do, but I am a 345 Titan with Weapons of Light and a Gjally (sounds like Crota days all over again lol)

This is why I break down NOTHING! This game does a crappy job properly describing things
Generally yes, but this is absolutely not an example of that. When you first go to your postmaster after ROI was released the iron Gjallerhorn is sitting right there. It's clearly named Iron Gjallerhorn. Why anyone would then dismantle that and then wonder how to get the Iron Gjallerhorn is beyond me.

KxoZz

Raid complete. I think everything up to the end is great.

Beat it twice now and I find the end battle is a really well designed encounter.
Communication has to be perfect, no one is "the special one", supers can be effectively used as what they are intended to be, the randomness of the empowerment requires all fireteam members to flexible and aware of their surroundings and while there are favoured weapons to use, I never got the feeling that there is a specific weapon that is "the one".

Generally yes, but this is absolutely not an example of that. When you first go to your postmaster after ROI was released the iron Gjallerhorn is sitting right there. It's clearly named Iron Gjallerhorn. Why anyone would then dismantle that and then wonder how to get the Iron Gjallerhorn is beyond me.
No context of this conversation, but if you did dismantle an exotic, you can get it back again at the kiosk, Iron Gjallahorn included.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
368 Warlock looking go Raid from the start

366 Titan @3rd Encounter
367 Hunter @Last Encounter

Send me a PSN message
Know everything till last fight

Wow I think this adjusted progression system has killed my enjoyment for this game. I have played since alpha and for the first time i am just not into it.

I get "play strikes and don't rely on engrams" but that's been a disaster for me. We had trouble with a boss today and I was sent a message to "get good or kill myself". I have no interest in relying on random people to make progress and the chance to always have my own fire team ready when I want to play is unrealistic.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Tell me your mystical knowledge of where you got artifact upgrades.

You just do CoO, and get your Eris Ranking up and hope that 75% chance of package is in your favor

or

Get as many legendary engram's as possible and decrypt netting you one

Honestly, Eris CoO is best but

Grind is the Real True Raid Boss

Mindlog

The progression system blows that's true. I want to be higher light, but I don't have the resources to get there. The raid itself doesn't help much at all.
The loot system blows even harder. There's no reason any of us want green class items more than raid drops and exotics. There's no reason to let us craft items when our slots are full for the output.

The raid is a lot of fun. Learning can be exhausting, but the victory is worth it.

Thanks for the first clear team!
What's the consensus to spend extra glimmer on?
I always burn mine on heavy ammo. Heavy ammo is the safest currency as I use it for faction rep and for actual heavy ammo. There's nothing else to really spend Glimmer on anymore.

How much rep do we get for Crota's End?
I was honestly considering a quick solo run to get my artifact up, but luckily I found one in the raid.
Now I am 366 light, but the climb higher seems insurmountable given my time and resources.

You just do CoO, and get your Eris Ranking up and hope that 75% chance of package is in your favor

or

Get as many legendary engram's as possible and decrypt netting you one

Ranking up Eris by doing Court Of Oryx is one of the best bets. Otherwise ranking up packages sometimes give artifacts.

I must have crappy luck then, as I've ranked up Eris three times this week with only Class Items, no artifacts.

Strange question, but what do I lose if I want to reroll my character? I can keep the gear, shaders, equipment, etc.

Provided I use the level 40 spark, is it mainly losing all faction standing?

Dynheart

Banned
Don't know if it's too late to get into the game, but my wife and I decided to give this game a go once again (playing it when it came out for a couple of months).

We are enjoying it much more this go around, but we wouldn't mind playing with a few like minded individuals. We certainly wouldn't mind trying the raids and whatnot, but we aren't in it for the cutthroat scene ("OMG you died, you suck" type of players). Just to sit back and have fun, you know?

I wouldn't say casual, as we do play a lot. But we are busy people and look to Destiny to play together to relax. Wouldn't mind grouping with like minded fellow gaffers.

PSN: Dynheart

Top Bottom