• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Am I crazy for thinking this is really good, at least for PvE?

No Triple Tap/Firefly, but it feels super good in all other regards and I like explosive rounds in PvE. I like how this feels better than The Wounded that I have (which doesn't have TT/FF though).
I have this exact roll and I think it is amazing for PvE. Very powerful imo.

Neku054

Neo Member
Out of curiosity would anyone here be willing to run all the raids (besides the RoI one) With 2 people who haven't touched the raids?

I recently picked up destiny again (played for about a month or so during original release and some after Taken King) with a friend who never played destiny before and we both kind of want to experience the raids but the lack of matchmaking on them of course makes it a little bit of a pain.

I personally have done like the 1st boss of Vault of Glass on its release and nothing more lol, friend has no experience with any of it.

taco543

Our group is raid ready and we need one more for Wrath of Machines, we're starting at 6PM PST/ 9PM EST. We're on PS4 so message me if you want in. Tag is: WolfLycan543

I just hit 340 and honestly have no idea how I'm going to progress. All rares I get top off at 340 and legendaries are only one or two points above that. I'd rather not grind for blues.

Really frustrating. I have one offering but not keys. Just under 350 but I can't get there. Which stikes are people grinding? The 360 one?

Maddocks

Forge was lit last night for me, was packed with people and we got through 12 forges before we all waved and danced and left. Sometimes the game just makes you smile with how people come together to reach a goal together.

then other times it punishes you by doing 10 heroic striks to get nothing above 340, why you hate me game? whyyyy.

RdN

I got a 365 artifact from the raid, why not try that?

Also, you can grind Eris Morn rep for a chance at an artifact of up to 365.

Got a Ghost from the Raid instead of the Artifact.

My experience with Eris is way too low, would have to grind so much court of Oryx that I'd never have enough runes to keep going.

Finding a skeleton key is my only real chance right now.

deadduck

i love how Bungie takes the problem of Court of Oryx being too far out of the way by making Archon Forge even further away. There's never anybody here.

Walk slowly from the entrance to the forge, seems to load.you into other peoples instances more reliably.

Zocano

So crunched some numbers super fast for leveling the factions:

31 Strange Coins gets you 1 rank up (WITH EXOTIC MARK), also requires Xur:
Trade coins for Heavy and trade in heavy

57500 Glimmer for 1 rank up (with Exotic Mark):
Buy 230 Armor or Weapon materials (or 46 trade ins) from Gunsmith

580* Legendary Marks for 1 rank up (with Exotic Mark):
Buy whichever material required for faction with marks and trade in

110 Motes of Light with Exotic Mark

DjRalford

So crunched some numbers super fast for leveling the factions:

31 Strange Coins gets you 1 rank up (WITH EXOTIC MARK), also requires Xur:
Trade coins for Heavy and trade in heavy

57500 Glimmer for 1 rank up (with Exotic Mark):
Buy Armor or Weapon materials from Gunsmith and trade in at person

580* Legendary Marks for 1 rank up (with Exotic Mark):
Buy whichever material required for faction with marks and trade in

110 Motes of Light with Exotic Mark

Whats an exotic mark?

Also is it really only 11,500 glimmer to level a faction through parts?

Zocano

Once you're in the high 340s you can safely run the heroics so it should be pretty smooth after that.

Whats an exotic mark?

Also is it really only 11,500 glimmer to level a faction through parts?

Exotic class item that you get at rank 25 in a faction.

Also I'm dumb. I shouldn't do math when I have a migraine. Getting too hasty with calculations. Yah it's *5 what I thought it was so it's like 56k glimmer.

vin-buc

I'm looking to grind up as well. I'm currently at 343 - Hunter and struggling. I can help farm whatever. I gotta say the heroic 350 LL is very hard.

PSN: VIN-BUC

the_id

Adding you tomorrow. I play like mad when I can (which is the last few weeks), but if I'm busy with work (which is the next few weeks), maybe just several hours a week.

Oh, and thanks to the_id for adding me to run a couple strikes. LL 345 now, so I gained a point. And sorry for the last bit--I thought I had my mic on but I had turned it off to talk to the wife and forgot to turn it back on. lol
All good man. Hit me up if you want to play anytime.

Kal117K

Neo Member
Anyone want to join us at a checkpoint? Three dropped cause we were taking too long. We are trying to do this as blind as possible, but we've made it too far to make it blind.
We are on Xbox.

hoggert

anyone got the raid MG yet and have impressions? Or a video :3 Haven't been able to raid since yesterday it's slightly killing me lol

Eilt

Neo Member
Need one for Raid - looking for 360+ and we are doing it as blind as possible. Don't care if you know the mechanics just don't share.

PSN: Eilt85

Nicodemic

Hey! Just wanted to give a small update on my time with Rise of Iron. I am now at 351 LL and I have a full vanguard armor set which I find super nice for the titan class.

I've done all the quests I could do except the raid one and the Thorn one which is random. I've had a lot fun doing everything and I'm setting my sight on heroic strikes for the next few days.

I really like the fact that you unlock the Days of Iron armor set for all 3 classes. My alts are gonna start with at least 340 LL which is great in my opinion.

Hope you guys are having as much fun and looking to join the pros in the raid soon! ;-)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're going to do another run in the raid in about an hour. Have a spot.

All I ask is.

You have a 499 Horn
Mastered the art of three element swords
Loves the riverdance
Is not scared of 80s B horror movie flicks
And isn't scared of heights like me

R0ckman

Is archon forge really worth doing? Grinded a bit and it was a waste most of the time, why the hell would you get blue engrams most of the time? They are useless past 340.

We're going to do another run in the raid in about an hour. Have a spot.

All I ask is.

You have a 499 Horn
Mastered the art of three element swords
Loves the riverdance
Is not scared of 80s B horror movie flicks
And isn't scared of heights like me

What light lvl do you want as a minimum?

Shito

Showed up at the Archon Forge for the first time, just to see what's up.
Stumbled upon two other people, made my offering, and suddenly we are like 6 people chaining offerings for more than 30 minutes.
Completed a heck ton of bounties, filled up my postmaster with blues and purples and had a great fun: from what I've read on here about the forge I was one heck of a lucky guy right? ^^

Zakalwe

Banned
Is archon forge really worth doing? Grinded a bit and it was a waste most of the time, why the hell would you get blue engrams most of the time? They are useless past 340.

Yes. We found a group of six earlier and did five runs (enhanced) and we got quite a few legendary engrams and gear drops.

Plus it's fun. You do need a good amount of people each with there own offering, though.

Showed up at the Archon Forge for the first time, just to see what's up.
Stumbled upon two other people, made my offering, and suddenly we are like 6 people chaining offerings for more than 30 minutes.
Completed a heck ton of bounties, filled up my postmaster with blues and purples and had a great fun: from what I've read on here about the forge I was one heck of a lucky guy right? ^^

I don't know, this has been my experience too. Really enjoying the forge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well... I'm Irish... and I'm familiar with River Dance...

You know. You suspiciously have the name Light and Knight. It's like you are a parody of someone famous on Bungie.net. LOL.

Sorry guys. As soon as I posted that someone bailed out on a date just to raid with us. Literally. That girl is going to kill him.

Kalamari

They need to let you carry a single green, blue, and purple at any given time instead of literally one of them.

I think the problem with that is that there is only a single console, how would you choose which offering to use? It wasn't a problem in CoO with the 3 separate statues, I guess they could add 2 other console to solve that problem.

Also, I am willing to replace anyone that bails on a date for raiding, I have 400 handsomeness and sophistication, I am outgoing and spend a lot of time in the gym and pool.

I think the problem with that is that there is only a single console, how would you choose which offering to use? It wasn't a problem in CoO with the 3 separate statues, I guess they could add 2 other console to solve that problem.

> Hold X to activate console
> Select offering they wish to use

Done.

But thats the least of the AF problems.

Gragen

I'm not sure if this dead orbit scout rifle is any good, but it sure is fun to use. It has explosive rounds/full auto, smallbore/outlaw, firefly.

Whatcha think?

Top Bottom