• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

MrDaravon

Oh wow, so I got the FWC Chaos Cloak from a FWC package tonight and it was amazingly hilariously awful so I of course am now using it always, but I just looked it up and apparently in Y2 this was the FWC Faction Quest cloak, but I got a legendary version of it? I mean it doesn't give the extra FWC bonus the exotic version does, but it seems weird that they would do that?

On a directly related note because I got that I sharded my Y2 FWC cloak without realizing at the time that the rank 25 Faction quests are currently bugged where Y3 class items don't count for wearing an item, so I'm now stuck at 6/10 Crucible wins on that quest as a result. So that's great.

Seriously though, this cloak is hilarious. Gonna be wearing this one for a while.

Toddler

thanks for the raid everyone :)

I really like this raid. Although the final encounter may actually contain too many mechanics. so much to keep track of. hard mode going to be really interesting...

I love the aesthetics. The mechanics are fun, but get a bit complicated at the final encounter. Seems it'll take a lot of practice for most people to master.

What's the best way to gain light level from 330? I'm hovering around that for my characters, and I felt like I've hit a wall. I've done most of the quests and mission, but I can't do any of the Heroics Dailies or Heroic Strikes because of my level, which also means I've been short on Legendary Coins.

Is there a more reliable way to boost up?

Try to buy some 350 LL from venders. This will boost you a bit. Get the 350 Artifact from Tyra. Now play the absolute fuck out of Sepiks Perfected (320) till you get to 365. Use three of coins every time you fight him. Save up all the exotic engrams you get from it. Grab Vanguard and Faction rep packages when they are available.

Once you hit 365 you can finally decrypt your exotic engrams. That might get you to 370, if you infuse them all perfectly and don't decrypt them all right in a row. Then spend every single mat you have to level up your faction if you want to ever get past 370.

Good luck.

XenoRaven

Want to run a fresh blind WoTM raid with Kurt_Niisan. Anyone keen? Light level 360+ and being aware that we might not get to finish the final boss.

1. the_id
2. kurt-Niisan (snakeeyes)
3. SlenderBeans
4. Outlaw_Omega
5. XenoRaven
I'm in if there's room. 365 Hunter. PSN: XenoRaven

Want to run a fresh blind WoTM raid with Kurt_Niisan. Anyone keen? Light level 360+ and being aware that we might not get to finish the final boss.

1. the_id
2. xenoraven
3. outlaw_omega
4. Slenderbeans

Added you guys. Need 2 more

Isn't it one more with Snake?

I love the aesthetics. The mechanics are fun, but get a bit complicated at the final encounter. Seems it'll take a lot of practice for most people to master.

I don't think the mechanics are that complicated (hell, the LFG team I did last run we got it on the first try), but it just tests your communication skills.

I sort of see that shift in these raids; VOG - around its prime, as long as you have a few people who could run the relic, you could do it with almost minimal communication. But KF & WotM requires constant communication, however the lore is way less interesting IMO.

It just boils down to how well people are in the groove. My initial team made it all the way to the boss, but it was 3AM and we were so burnt out that our own call outs was confusing us. So as long as everyone knows where to go on point, it's pretty straightforward.

This raid was obviously designed with time management in mind (so most people who aren't like us aren't spending days trying to decipher each part) - and I don't know how I feel. VoG is still my favorite, but I hated - HATED - my first run through. I don't know how many LFG groups I ran through just to get the gist of it.

Sorry, I don't understand this spoiler rule. So I'm just spoiler tagging everything raid related.

Kalamari

This new Destiny progression system is making my thumb tired, Heavy synth buying is a real test of stamina. It's a good thing I have level 400 thumbs.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Fired up the first mission. My space ship drops me off at a gondola so I can ride it to the top of a mountain. That's dumb.

So any strategy to deciding engrams now? All the purple and exotic's are giving me LL's lower than the weapon or armor I already have. Just hold on to them?

How many strange coins and motes do you all have? I have 300 of each. I wonder if I'm being too stingy.
I could just buy a ton of heavy ammo from Xur to level up FWC.

DjRalford

How many strange coins and motes do you all have? I have 300 of each. I wonder if I'm being too stingy.
I could just buy a ton of heavy ammo from Xur to level up FWC.

I have about 150 motes, and 230 or so strange coins, i'm in no rush though, i've not even done Kings fall yet, although the levelling system does seem a bit harsh post 350

I was actually thinking that SIVA would pulled some shit like, make the adds resemble the Iron Lords it absorbed, so you're constantly killing them while Saladin listens.

Maybe this is why I don't write stories.

Thematically this would be an awesome twist. The only way to do it really though, is a council style fight, but I don't think Bungie has AI for Guardian-like NPCs, nor have they shown interest in doing that.

DjRalford

2 378 light, 4 379 light, not even useful for that. Rip.

latest

Hedgey

Trying to finish the Supremacy bounty on my Titan...
I check the bounty progress, and I only need 4 more primary kills to complete it.
I play a match, finish with 34 points and a 1.5 K/D. Still need one more primary kill. OOPS
Shotgun or dead

DjRalford

Trying to finish the Supremacy bounty on my Titan...
I check the bounty progress, and I only need 4 more primary kills to complete it.
I play a match, finish with 34 points and a 1.5 K/D. Still need one more primary kill. OOPS
Shotgun or dead

Shotgun scrub

Zocano

Looking for 2 for 2nd to last encounter in the raid. Would appreciate help from people who have done it already, not doing it blind, just need the extra help. :)

PSN is Zocano

NastyBook

What's the best way to gain light level from 330? I'm hovering around that for my characters, and I felt like I've hit a wall. I've done most of the quests and mission, but I can't do any of the Heroics Dailies or Heroic Strikes because of my level, which also means I've been short on Legendary Coins.

Is there a more reliable way to boost up?
You should be able to get Legendary Coins from Public Events. They drop from there. Run them once on each characters and you're sitting on 45, right there. Also run through the Featured Crucibles for those marks. Even if you're not good, they should drop in about a couple of matches. But Public Events are your best friend, atm. Get those marks up that way, then grab the 350 LL gear from the Vendors.

Zocano

smh at this tedious bullshit. hit 353 now and i think I'm reaching my limit on running sepiks. what the fuck were bungo thinking?

Dunno why people are making it mundane for themselves and just running sepiks or omnigul. 350 to 365 is enjoyable if you do heroic strikes or crucible.

Lima

Dunno why people are making it mundane for themselves and just running sepiks or omnigul. 350 to 365 is enjoyable if you do heroic strikes or crucible.

No going up 1 light every other hour if you are lucky and get a drop that you need is not fun. Nope nope nope. Also crucible and enjoyable, yeah you trolling.

smh at this tedious bullshit. hit 353 now and i think I'm reaching my limit on running sepiks. what the fuck were bungo thinking?

The grind may be too much for my group. They were already reluctant to come back before Destiny 2, and if I'm already getting burning out on getting raid ready (I'm 354), I don't see anyway the rest of my raid group is going to bother.

Not for a minute did I think Bungie would revert all that progress they've made over the 18 months, but I was wrong. Running the heroic playlist for another 6-11 levels sounds horrible.

So, are the exotic faction class item quests busted? Zero progress in either PVP or PVE. And I'm wearing the shader, emblem, and class item.

hoggert

Heroic strikes are also pretty difficult/time consuming unless you're with buddies. With the current modifiers some of them are just ugh with randoms from match making. SABER and Omnigul especially. Grinding Omnigul/Septiks is a lot less aggravating, if tedious as fuck.

Top Bottom