• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zocano

No going up 1 light every other hour if you are lucky and get a drop that you need is not fun. Nope nope nope. Also crucible and enjoyable, yeah you trolling.

Honestly don't know how. You go up pretty quickly all told together. With a rep booster it goes even faster with the packages. I breezed through 350.

3X Raid with Igor. He didn't have self res unlocked on his Sunsinger. He also didn't have WoL on his Titan.

GENEWHUT

Yo take me, been stuck at the last boss on titan cause everyone just leaves. Know the fight and everything.

No going up 1 light every other hour if you are lucky and get a drop that you need is not fun. Nope nope nope. Also crucible and enjoyable, yeah you trolling.

Hrm.

It's why I think the 'Getting light level based on your current light level' is a bit broken. It's an extreme drip feed. Having set gear-IE having raid gear be a flat 380 or whatever-should be standard.

I get why they did it, to extend the play time by slowing down how fast you get geared. Buuut...it isn't fun >_>;

Dunno why people are making it mundane for themselves and just running sepiks or omnigul. 350 to 365 is enjoyable if you do heroic strikes or crucible.

It's mundane however you slice it. I did the heroics last night and the progression was snail like. Potentially 20m+ per strike or worse on the arc leaning ones. You can get the same rewards doing Sepiks in 10.

This wouldn't be an issue if blue engrams weren't useless. You could get raid ready off of blue engrams in TTK. Not sure why they changed it. There are already incentives for doing strikes. Now people are entirely reliant on them for the most part and it's slow as shit.

Hrm.

It's why I think the 'Getting light level based on your current light level' is a bit broken. It's an extreme drip feed. Having set gear-IE having raid gear be a flat 380 or whatever-should be standard.

I get why they did it, to extend the play time by slowing down how fast you get geared. Buuut...it isn't fun >_>;
It wasn't broken when they first released it in the April update.

Then they broke it. Cause Bungle

This expansion is going a lot like TTK. So many great things that get overshadowed by the few bad things, like this progression system.

Zocano

This wouldn't be an issue if blue engrams weren't useless. You could get raid ready off of blue engrams in TTK. Not sure why they changed it. There are already incentives for doing strikes. Now people are entirely reliant on them for the most part and it's slow as shit.

Eh, I think blues should get you to heroics and legendaries take you to the raid. Dunno why it's not like that. I think it's incredibly silly that the legendaries just stop at 365. Should really go up to minimum for the last encounter LL (370 I think).

So, are the exotic faction class item quests busted? Zero progress in either PVP or PVE. And I'm wearing the shader, emblem, and class item.

They said that they were going to remove the need to wear the shader / emblem / class item for Iron Banner, so it wouldn't surprise me if they inadvertently broke that quest.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So, are the exotic faction class item quests busted? Zero progress in either PVP or PVE. And I'm wearing the shader, emblem, and class item.

I found the same thing last night. I was only wearing one piece of class armour so I figured you need to wear a full set. Is that right? Or maybe the new class armour isn't being counted. My FWC boots were ROI ones.

yeah, sepkis perfected drops upto 365 blues at the boss, with the bonus of being able to use 3oC and oepning the chest if you have a key.

It gives rewards for your level for some reason.

Ooo I might do that! I love how the battle music is all like

UGLxbbG.png

This expansion is going a lot like TTK. So many great things that get overshadowed by the few bad things, like this progression system.

Right, I still remember they stealthily reverted the April changes...did they ever come out and clarify that?

R0ckman

The grind may be too much for my group. They were already reluctant to come back before Destiny 2, and if I'm already getting burning out on getting raid ready (I'm 354), I don't see anyway the rest of my raid group is going to bother.

Not for a minute did I think Bungie would revert all that progress they've made over the 18 months, but I was wrong. Running the heroic playlist for another 6-11 levels sounds horrible.

Yeah I'm at 354 and its not worth it to me when I have several new games I should be playing. Do they attend to make the grinding to raid have so many gaps where you just hang in grind purgatory?

Let's not forget that Iron Banner and Trials will help a lot with the grind. There's also weekly things we already completed like the Shaxx bounty, and Nightfall.

Next week will most likely propel me to be raid-ready

Right, I still remember they stealthily reverted the April changes...did they ever come out and clarify that?
Nope! They better not handle this like they handled SBMM. If they do, I've lost all hopes of them improving their communication. They still haven't said anything about changing how it works and making it grindier for RoI.

Zocano

"Broken" is subjective. Definitely inhibitive to a lot of people's enjoyment though.

Let's not forget that Iron Banner and Trials will help a lot with the grind. There's also weekly things we already completed like the Shaxx bounty, and Nightfall.

Next week will most likely propel me to be raid-ready
That's all assuming that IB and Trials drops didn't get screwed over in some way either.
"Broken" is subjective. Definitely inhibitive to a lot of people's enjoyment though.
Yeah, maybe broken wasn't the right term, but it was still an insanely dumb change.

faction rewards got me a 368,more reliable imo

? I have ranked up over 50 times since RoI dropped. Factions dont give artifacts. They barely give ghosts (3 out of those 50+). If you mean Eris rank ups i tried that twice (which is a LOT of runes) and nada. Tried 3 skeleton keys, nada. I dont care. Artifact can kiss my ass. Dumbest thing in this expansion is how rare artifacts are. For me they are undroppable apparently. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

darkwing

? I have ranked up over 50 times since RoI dropped. Factions dont give artifacts. They barely give ghosts (3 out of those 50+). If you mean Eris rank ups i tried that twice (which is a LOT of runes) and nada. Tried 3 skeleton keys, nada. I dont care. Artifact can kiss my ass. Dumbest thing in this expansion is how rare artifacts are. For me they are undroppable apparently. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

RNGesus be crazy, I got a 365 and 368 xD

I shouldn't tell you about my 384 artifact :p

Hedgey

Desperately trying to get my equips past 365, and I keep getting 368 helmets and class items, nothing else.
Also, I'm really getting frustrated with Crucible drops. It seems like the lowest scoring players get drops a heck of a lot more frequently. I got one over the past 2 and a half hours, of course it's a class item.

They said that they were going to remove the need to wear the shader / emblem / class item for Iron Banner, so it wouldn't surprise me if they inadvertently broke that quest.

I don't know what the hell the difference was, but I went and just grabbed a different shader and emblem and it worked.

darkwing

Desperately trying to get my equips past 365, and I keep getting 368 helmets and class items, nothing else.
Also, I'm really getting frustrated with Crucible drops. It seems like the lowest scoring players get drops a heck of a lot more frequently. I got one over the past 2 and a half hours, of course it's a class item.

did you use a 3oC on Crucible? I got 2 exotics

Mindlog

The artifact situation is a repeat of elemental primaries isn't it?
What's the point of using any artifact other than one of the IB artifacts?

Top Bottom