• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Year Three and you know what still bugs me the most about Destiny?

Everybody is the same height

Everybody, including NPCS

In the future, the Traveler, fed up with the online dating scene, decided to eliminate the biggest variable by making everyone 6 feet tall

XenoRaven

Year Three and you know what still bugs me the most about Destiny?

Everybody is the same height

Everybody, including NPCS

In the future, the Traveler, fed up with the online dating scene, decided to eliminate the biggest variable by making everyone 6 feet tall
The Traveler tried different sized hitboxes in PvP before the Golden Age and it didn't work out well.

Blunoise

So for (semi?) blind WotM Final Boss we have:

Blunoise - ready @ 7pm EDT
Slender - ready @ "later"
Xeno ready @ 30 min from now
Pilgor - ready @ now
thabiz -ready @ now
Zocano -ready @ now

Blu can't go until 7pm EDT, Slender can't go until "later", but we don't know when. Zocano would like to go ASAP. I would like to eat beforehand. Probably about 30 min for me.

Is this all correct?
6:30 for me if that's cool. Also Ima at the last phase of the boss

SCB3

FINALLY got the Kholodov and Gjallarhorn exotics done, my god that last K mission is a bitch without a fireteam.

LL 342, last push for being raid ready. I really need to do Kings Fall and VoG still though

good fucking lord, does ANYONE in the Crucible know what a primary weapon is? Holy shit

So far, Bungie's solution to special weapons being everywhere and primaries being underused has been to nerf special weapons instead of buff primaries.

So far, it hasn't worked.

Sometimes, power creep is fine. I miss when this game was super fast paced.

Why bother when you can close 50 meters in the open, taking direct damage, and come out with the kill.

Hate this meta as well.

It's always been laggy imbalanced garbage that favors toxic playstyles and perfect shotgun rolls over actual skill and map positioning. Once everyone realized rangefinder one the high-damage tiers of shotguns and high armor was all you needed to win pretty much any gunfight, the Crucible turned into a complete nightmarish mess. It's why I flat-out don't play Crucible unless I'm absolutely required to do so to earn an Exotic weapon.

In the end, the frustration always outweighs the satisfaction of the weapon itself; Thorn, Bad Juju, The First Curse, and especially The Chaperone, which is a two-part slap in the face because two parts of the quest require you go to the Crucible.

So I was doing a relay team event the past two days, what is the consensus on the Raid? Good, bad, alright?

I'd rate it as the second worst raid released (after PoE), it reuses a lot of stuff and the fights aren't that interesting. On the plus side its all very short, I could see farm groups getting it to under 30 minute complete (normal) and the first 3-4 fights are not really that demanding, any group should be able to do 3/5 without too much trouble, 4th encounter requires a bit more coordination and 5th and final boss is the only real light and dps check.

Never really felt any sort of lore continuity in it, unlike VoG or Crota or Kings Fall where you really felt a sense of invading another groups home base. Its barely a step up above POE. Right now people are praising it because its new content but in a month, barring any insane surprises from hard mode, I'm pretty sure people will rate it as probably a mediocre raid.

What's a good PvE Hand Cannon? Something to go on par with Hung Jury?

I love The Wail from Future War Cult, the vendor one has firefly but you can get outlaw + firefly + explosive rounds on a random roll too. It reminds me a LOT of fatebringer, the GOAT of PVE handcannons. New monarchy also has supposedly a good handcannon but I haven't used it yet. The raid doesn't drop a handcannon in normal mode, hard mode only, so a vendor HC is a good investment and its very useful in the raid.

XenoRaven

Calling all raid ready Guardians. Looking for one 365+ for final raid boss. Starting in a half hour, or earlier if we can get everyone together.

1. Blunoise
2. XenoRaven
3. Pilgor
4. thabiz
5. Zocano
6. ???

If I am not on your FL, add me. PSN: XenoRaven

I'd rate it as the second worst raid released (after PoE), it reuses a lot of stuff and the fights aren't that interesting. On the plus side its all very short, I could see farm groups getting it to under 30 minute complete (normal) and the first 3-4 fights are not really that demanding, any group should be able to do 3/5 without too much trouble, 4th encounter requires a bit more coordination and 5th and final boss is the only real light and dps check.

Never really felt any sort of lore continuity in it, unlike VoG or Crota or Kings Fall where you really felt a sense of invading another groups home base. Its barely a step up above POE.

You have got to be kidding me.

It's a great raid and up there with VoG.

WotM is a raid done right. It's the best thing about this expansion.

Dez_

Just wanted to chime in and say Supremacy is such a fun mode. I realize it can be pretty shotgun heavy, but it feels very fast paced and frantic. Plus, with year 2 crucible being hang back and hard scope throughout the match, I'm much more welcome to the different rhythm.

Never really felt any sort of lore continuity in it, unlike VoG or Crota or Kings Fall where you really felt a sense of invading another groups home base. Its barely a step up above POE. Right now people are praising it because its new content but in a month, barring any insane surprises from hard mode, I'm pretty sure people will rate it as probably a mediocre raid.

but POE isn't a raid

ZZb3pt9.gif

Kalamari

Calling all raid ready Guardians. Looking for one 365+ for final raid boss. Starting in a half hour, or earlier if we can get everyone together.

1. Blunoise
2. XenoRaven
3. Pilgor
4. thabiz
5. Zocano
6. ???

I can join you, 370-ish depending on loadout.

Zocano

1. Blunoise
2. XenoRaven
3. Pilgor
4. thabiz
5. Zocano
6. ???

Yah I'll be there, something came up but I should be back within 20 minutes from this post.

Hzoltan69

1. Blunoise
2. XenoRaven
3. Pilgor
4. thabiz
5. Zocano
6. ???

I can join if you still need one. 372 at the moment.

Zocano

Wait what, since when did Vault of Glass have good "lore continuity". That raid has zero build up to anything in it as far as lore and story motivation goes.

Wait what, since when did Vault of Glass have good "lore continuity". That raid has zero build up to anything in it as far as lore and story motivation goes.
Yeah it literally had one mission mention it for a second and that was it. If you wanted lore, you had to read the grimiore.

Even Crota didn't have much. 3 whole missions to tell you the whole story.

I find it hard that you could compare it to PoE when PoE isn't a raid.......

X-Frame

Only being able to hold 1 SIVA offering for the Archon's Forge is a tremendously poor design.

It's so inconvenient to have to be juggling offerings between characters and not be able to move them in item managers. If I get a Perfected drop and I'm by myself I'm screwed. If I get it with a bunch of 330's or 340's and below it's most likely going to be wasted. So I hold onto it, stopping any and all future offerings from dropping at lower levels that could be more appropriate for groups I run into.

Such a shame. It is tons of fun when there are 4-5+ people in there at once.

woo finally beat the raid! our team had two 370s and the rest were 365+. Used all the DPS phases, so 5. Pretty cool, i wonder what the hard mode will be.

Hung Wei Lo

Anyone wants to help me Omnigul farm to 365? Currently 351, sick and tired of running Heroic strikes.

Still looking? I'll be free in about twenty minutes. Slowpoke me is still at ~349.. Can't get over the 350 hump :(. Last vanguard package was a 352 class item.. Then I got a faction one and got two more

Anyhow PSN is Kinezo ( and for any other filthy casuals who are slow and need to do stuff)

XxCGSxX

Still looking? I'll be free in about twenty minutes. Slowpoke me is still at ~349.. Can't get over the 350 hump :(. Last vanguard package was a 352 class item.. Then I got a faction one and got two more

Anyhow PSN is Kinezo ( and for any other filthy casuals who are slow and need to do stuff)
Yup still looking! I'll add you and invite me when you're ready.

Arrrammis

Is anyone starting a fresh raid this evening? I know the mechanics for the very beginning, but no idea after that. 365 Warlock, mainly play storm caller in PvE but I'm very flexible.
PSN: Arrrammis

As a side note, what is the best way to level up once you hit 365? The only places to get gear above 365 that I've noticed are exotic engrams, faction packages, and skeleton keys. Is there anything else I missed?

Top Bottom