• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is anyone starting a fresh raid this evening? I know the mechanics for the very beginning, but no idea after that. 365 Warlock, mainly ay storm caller in PvE by I'm very flexible.
PSN: Arrrammis

As a side note, what is the best way to level up once you hit 365? The only places to get gear above 365 that I've noticed are exotic engrams, faction packages, and skeleton keys. Is there anything else I missed?

I'd be up for it

Arrrammis

PS4 Fresh (Hopefully full) Wrath of the Machine Raid - Starting whenever the group is full
1. Arrrammis
2. Commish
3. Johnnycubsfan
4. Snipes424
5. Tick221 (alt?)
6. Dante316

LiK

I love this new infusion system. Slowly leveling up my desolate armor and weapons.

Also, I think I'll stick with Hung Jury as Primary.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to chime in and say Supremacy is such a fun mode. I realize it can be pretty shotgun heavy, but it feels very fast paced and frantic. Plus, with year 2 crucible being hang back and hard scope throughout the match, I'm much more welcome to the different rhythm.

Love it: My best mode. I can usually come in the top three on it, but always bottom three in anything else.

ZZb3pt9.gif

tumblr_lrj67qqPRm1qe9r2fo6_250.gif

MrDaravon

Just did Archon Forge for the first times, few questions:

-I've only seen one Perfected (purple) offering which is on my other character, and I've gotten a ton of the blue ones on this character doing actual forge events. Does the quality of the offering determine if you get dregs, shanks or captains? So far every run I've done with all the randoms in here right now has been dregs, haven't seen captains or shanks once so 0/4 progress on all of those bounties.

-Are the rewards being given to me automatically (a la a public event) the only rewards? Like there's no chest or anything I'm missing?

-Why does it sometimes say we're not worthy even if we get to 100% with a ton of time left? Is there a strict time cutoff point for that? And what does that even affect?

MaKTaiL

I just played the first part of the new Raid and all I can say is: Wow! Best opening to a Raid so far, Vault of Glass coming close second.

Arrrammis

Alright raid team, starting now!

-I've only seen one Perfected (purple) offering which is on my other character, and I've gotten a ton of the blue ones on this character doing actual forge events. Does the quality of the offering determine if you get dregs, shanks or captains? So far every run I've done with all the randoms in here right now has been dregs, haven't seen captains or shanks once so 0/4 progress on all of those bounties.

-Are the rewards being given to me automatically (a la a public event) the only rewards? Like there's no chest or anything I'm missing?

-Why does it sometimes say we're not worthy even if we get to 100% with a ton of time left? Is there a strict time cutoff point for that? And what does that even affect?

- the quality of the offering (fused, enhanced, perfected) has no effect on the enemy you fight. If you inspect the offering in your inventory, it will tell you what enemy you will fight. It's just luck getting an offering that gives you the opponent you want.

-Rewards are given automatically, and given randomly to everyone who participates. Even if you just join in, you have the same possibility of getting loot as the person who used the offering (which is BS in my opinion- whoever uses the offering should be guaranteed something).

-If all of the enemies in the forge lose aggro (i.e. if everyone participating dies), then you automatically fail. If you run out of time before killing all of the adds, then the boss, you fail. It's really tough with the perfected bosses who have 10,000,000+ hp.

Dez_

Not entirely sure, but I think you need to be shooting down those big siva crystal thingies strewn about the arena to get access to the battle axes.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
-If all of the enemies in the forge lose aggro (i.e. if everyone participating dies), then you automatically fail. If you run out of time before killing all of the adds, then the boss, you fail. It's really tough with the perfected bosses who have 10,000,000+ hp.

Yeah, I have yet to be in a group that kills a perfected boss. Tough bastards.

And I completely agree the player with the offering should at least have a higher percentage of better loot.

Oh, and to the original poster-- always shoot all the Siva clusters (The worthiness quote)-- they give you a sword which is required to gain boons. (Which count towards the RoI book experience.)

Myself, two clanmates and 4 randoms just burned through what I think was at least 20 offerings in a row. Got myself a thorn bounty from completing the Captain bounty, too.

9KwL5QL.jpg

MrDaravon

Yeah, I have yet to be in a group that kills a perfected boss. Tough bastards.

And I completely agree the player with the offering should at least have a higher percentage of better loot.

Oh, and to the original poster-- always shoot all the Siva clusters (The worthiness quote)-- they give you a sword which is required to gain boons. (Which count towards the RoI book experience.)

Oh okay, I wasn't clear on that; I'm 3/5 boons, but I've never personally picked up the axes (though I've seen others do it). I thought maybe the boons were where it said you have been deemed worthy. On that I'm still not clear regarding the aggro thing, I've been in groups where no one ever died, and we got to 100% and killed the bosses with like 3:30 left on the clock and it still said we were not worthy, so I have no idea what's triggering that or what the difference is.

Framerate during the 2nd half of the Death Zamboni boss can get pretty bad. Disappointing that Bungie decided to let the encounter design without over a smooth 30fps.

hitlerat

Can you guys recommend me a good PvE shotgun?
Im using a "the next big thing" with Final round, Hot swap and single point sling.

Is that a good one? Or should look for other?

elguero

This has happened to my buddy and I three times today (353 and 348 light)

1. Load in to strike on 350 light playlist
2. Third member is wayyy under recommended light level
3. Carry third member to boss
4. Under level guy gets hammered, cannot damage boss
5. Under level guy leaves after a handful of attempts
6. Spend 20 minutes fighting boss without a third member joining

I don't understand why Bungie doesn't jump partial fireteams in strikes to the top of the matchmaking queue. Seems beneficial to all parties?

SonComet

Need to finish the last two phases of the final boss in the raid:

1. SonComet
2. ColonelOcorn
3. X-Frame
4. AirJimmy
5. ?
6. ?

Looking for 2 more. Hoping to start in 15-20 minutes. Message me or X-Frame.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Oh okay, I wasn't clear on that; I'm 3/5 boons, but I've never personally picked up the axes (though I've seen others do it). I thought maybe the boons were where it said you have been deemed worthy. On that I'm still not clear regarding the aggro thing, I've been in groups where no one ever died, and we got to 100% and killed the bosses with like 3:30 left on the clock and it still said we were not worthy, so I have no idea what's triggering that or what the difference is.

My thoughts (I could be wrong, though). You must destroy all the Siva. Being deemed worthy puts an axe in the well for you after that. Though someone else can pick it up (?)-- as I think you only get the boon if you actually collect the axe.

And I think I played with you over the weekend if you were in deafmedal's group.

LiK

Guess I'll be able to reach 350 soon. Already at 338 from just playing casually. Soon my friends, very soon I can do Heroic shit.

molnizzle

Is there any calculator available for me to play around with perks and see what the different stats are? I mean without changing the perks in the game and then refreshing DIM. Is there no way to just swap stuff around in my browser and see what the stats would be?

grimmiq

Getting messages saying servers are down, is this on their end or mine?

Nevermind, it's the blocked IP shit again. Time to reset my router over and over til I get an unblocked one.

Top Bottom