• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Shito

Similar but more PvE parts I think (500 kills in plaguelands) and the crucible kills don't go down on deaths.

n4oKYFlAcv2AU.gif

Kyne

Couple of raid questions:

What level should I be?

I heard there's a "moldering shard" type of system in place for the new raid as well. How does it work?

Couple of raid questions:

What level should I be?

I heard there's a "moldering shard" type of system in place for the new raid as well. How does it work?

1:
encounters go 350/360/370/380; know people have beaten it at 365ish; 6 friends struggled and failed second encounter at 350-354.

2:
SIVA key fragments; turn ten into a key from your inventory to open one of the three post-boss chests for an extra roll for loot, once per week per character. Five fragments can reroll raid armour perks. Shiro will break a key into fragments for 250 glimmer.

Anyone doing a fresh raid run? I'm 364 LL, so I would like to try it out. On PSN.

Also what's the quicker way to get motes of light and weapon parts.... I got carried away with upgrading everything.

Man that Wretched Eye strike is tough. It (along with sepiks and omnigul) will give up to 365 blues though if anyone just wants to change it up some while grinding. I'm just going to stick with Sepiks though from now on lol.

Midas

Anyone from Sweden or the Nordic region looking for people to play with on PS4? Long story short, we're losing players and have a hard time to get raids together these days and are looking for new players. Would be awesome to find more Swedes to play with but anyone in Europe would be fine I guess, we just don't want any latency issues while going over the big pond.

If you're interested, send me a PM or add me on PSN. User name is Rajala.

I was watching some YT videos and seen people mention that when the perks of weapons appear in the DB, it means they are in the game. Same video mentioned the perks for elemental Thunderlords and the microphone rocket launcher were now in the game. Secret ROI exotics or maybe for Winter/Spring updates?

R0ckman

So is Rise of Iron the last big title update before Destiny 2? It seems a lot of its items are year 1 items visually, just upgraded stat wise. A lot of hunter cloaks I get randomly are from year 1.

LiK

So is Rise of Iron the last big title update before Destiny 2? It seems a lot of its items are year 1 items visually, just upgraded stat wise. A lot of hunter cloaks I get randomly are from year 1.

yup, it's the last DLC before the sequel.

Today is the last day of the week I can get the third artifact. I pushed through the story through my titan and warlock last night and my titan finished the quest by doing archon forge. I'm hoping I can hop on an active archon forge and grind for my warlock to get 100% good deeds.

LiK

I'm a bit scared of continuing if Destiny 2 is going to wipe everything.

your Guardian is supposed to carry over altho who knows what that means. i don't really mind a wipe. i assume a bunch of cosmetics will carry over. dunno about the gear.

LiK

man, i'm catching up to a full year's worth of IGN Fireteam Chat podcast. Easy way for me to catch up on all the changes over the year, lol

noomi

I'm sure there will be some smaller updates that add to ROI, kind of like the April Update we had.

This will be the last hurrah before Destiny 2 though.

IbukiLordSA

Can anyone tell me what the silver coins are for? I have 200 of them and the only place I can see where I can use them is in the tower, where I can purchase some items, If I buy 200 worth with there be any more need for them? Are they purely micro transaction stuff?

Deku Tree

your Guardian is supposed to carry over altho who knows what that means. i don't really mind a wipe. i assume a bunch of cosmetics will carry over. dunno about the gear.

Recent posts from Jason and others on GAF have claimed that D2 is going to be a new game, and that very little will go with you into D2. Subclasses will be all different etc. Maybe you only get an emblem saying D1 player or something like that? Who knows...

LiK

Recent posts from Jason and others on GAF have claimed that D2 is going to be a new game, and that very little will go with you into D2. Subclasses will be all different etc. Maybe you only get an emblem saying D1 player or something like that? Who knows...

Yea, I assume it's just some emblems or shaders for D1 players. I can't imagine they would carry over all the gear.

Can anyone tell me what the silver coins are for? I have 200 of them and the only place I can see where I can use them is in the tower, where I can purchase some items, If I buy 200 worth with there be any more need for them? Are they purely micro transaction stuff?

Buy stuff from Eververse. You got free 200 Silver from Bungie. The rest you need to buy with real money.

Interesting! Have they said anything about the release window? I'm guessing late summer early fall 2017?

Ruze789

I'm really debating getting back into Destiny with the release of RoI. I stopped playing after The Dark Below, got all 3 characters to lvl 31 and was done, got tired of replaying the same small areas of patrols or missions for those TDB bounties every day. I loved the PvP and shooting mechanics though, and IB was one of my favorite things in modern gaming.

If I get back into it now having missed HoW and TTK, do I have a fair amount of gameplay before I hit that 'grinding for light' wall? Or am I going to be replaying those same strikes 50 times a week pretty quickly?

nOoblet16

I'm really debating getting back into Destiny with the release of RoI. I stopped playing after The Dark Below, got all 3 characters to lvl 31 and was done, got tired of replaying the same small areas of patrols or missions for those TDB bounties every day. I loved the PvP and shooting mechanics though, and IB was one of my favorite things in modern gaming.

If I get back into it now having missed HoW and TTK, do I have a fair amount of gameplay before I hit that 'grinding for light' wall? Or am I going to be replaying those same strikes 50 times a week pretty quickly?
Between the new missions, Prison of Elders, the two raids, strikes, quests, new maps and game modes and Trials of osiris.... there is a lot of stuff for you to do if you stopped after TDB.

LiK

HoW is short but TTK is pretty massive. you have plenty to do there.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly I wish D2 would implement something very similar to Guild Wars 2 where each activity or achievement or action contributed to the Hall of Monuments where it unlocked certain tier of skins and stuff. would be very neat.

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST.
Should still have my CP from Saturday.

Pandora012 - Hunter 366

Be forewarned I have not beaten him yet, but I understand the process.

Jinjo

This is what I´m looking forward to the most actually.

Destiny is such a mess at this point - can´t wait for a wipe.

The core gameplay and design of the game are almost certainly not going to change very much, For instance, the grindy light/progression system.. So if you consider that a mess now, Destiny 2 will probably be a mess for you too.

Ambitious

Looks like I won't finish the raid this week. I just need the boss, but I don't have much time this afternoon and I'll be out in the evening. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

GlamFM

Banned
The core gameplay and design of the game are almost certainly not going to change very much, For instance, the grindy light/progression system.. So if you consider that a mess now, Destiny 2 will probably be a mess for you too.

That´s cool - I just want them to settle on ONE system and just go with it.

I'm a bit scared of continuing if Destiny 2 is going to wipe everything.

Why do I keep hearing this? That Destiny 2 will wipe everything?
If anything, I can see a totally new solar system to explore but.. wiping all characters and their weapons/gear? Theres no way - no one would buy it lol

GlamFM

Banned
If anything, I can see a totally new solar system to explore but.. wiping all characters and their weapons/gear? Theres no way - no one would buy it lol

99% sure all gear will be wiped.

It´s gonna be a sequel, not an expansion.

Destiny is must already be soooo restricting for designers right now - bet they cant wait to start over without all the baggage.

darkwing

yup i'm pretty sure it will be a wipe for stuff but carrying over the same character, much like some Y1 stuff can't really be used for Y3 anymore

LiK

No more legacy console restrictions. Destiny 2 will hopefully live up to the grand scale they're going for with the story and lore.

What I want is, 4-5 areas on each existing planet to explore, not just 1. Gimme Old Russia, Old Chicago, all that, multiple areas on each planet. Add Europa and 2-3 new planets with in depth areas and lots to do. Keep the core gameplay the same. Keep the awesome weapon designs for exotics and expand on legendaries to have more variation. Add more enemy variation, not just reskinned knights for bosses. Have 2-3 raids at launch that are tied to progression, eg at 200 light, X raid becomes available and it varied between 200-240 light between normal and hard, then when you get to Y amount of light, another raid becomes available etc.

Those are my hopes and dreams for what they do with the second one.

nOoblet16

99% sure all gear will be wiped.

It´s gonna be a sequel, not an expansion.

Destiny is must already be soooo restricting for designers right now - bet they cant wait to start over without al the baggage.
How is it restrictive exactly?
It can be a sequel and expansion at the same time...call it a game sized expansion like how some MMOs do it.

It will be a bit shit that just in order to appeal to the new players and be more accessible at the start they will have to make everyone start fresh..even the people who have put hundreds of hours into it since the game came out.

I mean you can't aim for MMO like game design but then choose a non MMO philosophy of designing a sequel.

The other MMOs that did indeed do sequels (FF, Guild Wars) don't because the original had become so old that it was better to just start fresh. WoW on the other hand hasn't had a sequel but only large expansions since launch and despite the fact that it looks like a 10 year old game still.

Top Bottom