• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

spyder_ur

Starting fresh WotM raid as soon as we can find 3 more.

1. Dontbrickmebro
2. Quint
3. v1br4t1ons

Add yourself and msg Dontbrickmebro on PSN. Please be at least around 365.

Psn spyder_ur. Hunter ~373. I'm free until 430-5ish, if that's OK. So if it's not, you can ignore.

BLCKATK

Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone would be around to join Luna_Wolfey and I (Azys_) on a fresh run of the raid. CthulhuSars said he'd help out, so we need 3 more people. Luna and I will be going in blind, I've only seen bits and pieces of the setpieces no concrete mechanics or boss fights and she hasn't seen any of it. Just trying to see how far we can get!

Fresh Wrath of the Machine Raid (Starting at 5:30 EST)

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars

Bringing this over for the new page!

Nice man - I have about 9 left and while getting all those goodies was fun, using them now would maybe get me over 370.

#Destinylifelessons

I kind of learned how this all seemed to work with the april update. It was good history to draw on. There was always the possibility that Bungie would have made those engrams that I saved cap at 335. I was hoping they didn't...and I guessed right and got lucky.

But yeah, popping 3oC for about six weeks prior to RoI is what did it. It wasn't really any extra 'work' to just save them. :)

Zakalwe

Banned
I said once that the crota was comming back, it didnt, I apologized, that dude just kept going at me every time I post... I am getting tired of this

A guy who barely plays with DGAF has pretended to be a Bungie insider feeding us scoops which naturally never came to pass. He occasionally comes to share his thoughts on things he understands poorly and adds a dash of name-calling just to make his stay memorable.

The more things change etc.

michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

ocean

Banned
Now that we're here (been so long! what even is an OT), let's return to the age-old philosophical quandaries that defined and made us love this place.

How many cycles does the Aksis fight have?

noomi

A little over 50% done with my book, raids entries will take a few tries, everything else should be pretty easy.

Although the 10 supremacy wins were a damn nightmare, I don't like that game mode too much.

Now that we're here (been so long! what even is an OT), let's return to the age-old philosophical quandaries that defined and made us love this place.

How many cycles does the
Aksis
(final boss) fight have?

Use spoiler tags, please.

Up to 4 phases, 4 pillars
Additional allowed final damage phase, after all 4 pillars are used
Last stand

You can kill him in less.

LTWood12

I said once that the crota was comming back, it didnt, I apologized, that dude just kept going at me every time I post... I am getting tired of this

Sorry man. It's more just a joke. No one is mad at you about the Crota thing. It's just a gaf meme. If anything, you should wear it proudly.

Also, i had no idea you felt that way about me. I'm sorry.

A little over 50% done with my book, raids entries will take a few tries, everything else should be pretty easy.

Although the 10 supremacy wins were a damn nightmare, I don't like that game mode too much.

Speaking of the book and the raid,
are there two entries still unknown to others who have beaten it?

Using tags just to be safe.

zewone

Forge not having enemies with unique attributes like CoO makes it pretty boring.

Just cannon fodder with varying levels of HP.

Only being able to hold one offering is ass and I've yet to see a Captain offering.

I kind of learned how this all seemed to work with the april update. It was good history to draw on. There was always the possibility that Bungie would have made those engrams that I saved cap at 335. I was hoping they didn't...and I guessed right and got lucky.

But yeah, popping 3oC for about six weeks prior to RoI is what did it. It wasn't really any extra 'work' to just save them. :)

If engrams didn't carry over this time, only the hardest of the hardcore would have been raid ready. It's pretty much the way to get past 365. With faction pakages.

Zakalwe

Banned
Keystone 01 with
-Extend MAG/Full Auto
-Hammer forged/ unflinching
-Firefly

Yes or no? (Im using original hungry jury)

Low stability will make full auto unruly.

It's much nicer to use as a single shot SR for picking off adds. It has a very crisp feel to each individual shot.

Extended ma - unflinching - firefly could be pretty nice for instances with tonnes of adds.

Really, you need to be trying these weapons out for yourself instead of asking people. We can't tell you if you're going to enjoy the way it fires.

What's "The crota coming back" even mean? The raid? It's still around. The character in the storyline? As in, coming back to life?

The community is desperate for old raids to be either a) brought up to current light levels and rewards or b) remixed. Polygon ran a story based on one sentence from the Rise of Iron director saying they're "absolutely considering it."

There have been a few rumors about it happening on and off since House of Wolves in Year 1.

But we should move on.

Ruze789

Between the new missions, Prison of Elders, the two raids, strikes, quests, new maps and game modes and Trials of osiris.... there is a lot of stuff for you to do if you stopped after TDB.

HoW is short but TTK is pretty massive. you have plenty to do there.

Thanks! Pretty sure I'll be picking up the Collection this week then. I have missed Destiny's shooting quite a lot, nothing else I've played since has been nearly as satisfying.

LMAO at you dude... now I know you are a bad person inside. So many grudges... you should learn some forgiveness and be more considerate you know? How long its been? You will be a better person althogether. Now I know the real you :=) Please be a better person... you and the one close by will live better...
Don't talk to LT like that. He is the #2 Vita player on GAF.

Mindlog

Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone would be around to join Luna_Wolfey and I (Azys_) on a fresh run of the raid. CthulhuSars said he'd help out, so we need 3 more people. Luna and I will be going in blind, I've only seen bits and pieces of the setpieces no concrete mechanics or boss fights and she hasn't seen any of it. Just trying to see how far we can get!

Fresh Wrath of the Machine Raid (Starting at 5:30 EST)

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars
4. Mindlog
That would be perfect for my Hunter. Didn't see any other new adds so throwing my name @4.

It really bugs me that I didn't get the SRL book last December and now there's this glaring hole in my book section.

Yes, but it would bug you more if you shelled out $10 for it and couldn't even finish it because they implemented skill-based match making in secret and made it impossible to get first place wins and it's always there on your Progress screen mocking you and you thought you had hidden it in the vault out of sight but no, it's always there in game, in the app.

"87% Incomplete."

darthbob

Yes, but it would bug you more if you shelled out $10 for it and couldn't even finish it because they implemented skill-based match making in secret and made it impossible to get first place wins and it's always there on your Progress screen mocking you and you thought you had hidden it in the vault out of sight but no, it's always there in game, in the app.

"87% Incomplete."

The only fun days of SRL were the first 2 or 3, when I could actually win races. :/

The final boss is complex due to random role switching and short window of opportunity..more so than Oryx. The rest of the raid is kind of like VoG like complexity so pretty simple solution but still very fun and not Crota level easy where it's basically a strike.

The best thing about this raid is that you are constantly on the move every single second, straight from the first minute.

This is really what I like about the raid. Everyone has a role, everyone has a chance to do something heroic, do something clutch to save the run if things start to go sideways.

No one finishes the raid and when asked what they did, says "I stood on a ledge and waited for someone to say 'rockets', then I fired my Gjallarhorn once."

The only fun days of SRL were the first 2 or 3, when I could actually win races. :/

Yep. It just got more and more painful as I threw myself at that game mode.

"I spent money on this thing"
2nd place
"I spent money on this thing"
2nd place

I'd tank matches over and over to get an easier crowd. Would get way ahead and then on lap 3, I'd hit some small pebble and fall back only to lose by 2 seconds.

"I spent money on this thing."
2nd place

All the GAF trains exchanging wins were gone towards the end.

"I spent money on this thing."
2nd place.

It's the only thing in Destiny I regret.

Hedgey

So what's the consensus on the raid for LL requirement? How far can we get if we have three at 365 and everyone else at or around 360? No spoilers please. Just want to know if we are jumping in too early.

365 is possible, 370 is secure.
This is for the entire thing. You might be able to make progress, but not complete with your current roster.

LTWood12

Don't talk to LT like that. He is the #2 Vita player on GAF.

140668-impressive-very-nice-gif-Imgur-jRdr.gif

WeTeHa

Yeah, I tried change that (requested to a mod) but it did not work :(

Haha no worries. I was just scrolling through the page and that name kind of stood out :p

Anybody here willing to help me with the raid boss? Got to the final boss twice but couldn't finish him. Can bring a 37x hunter or 37x warlock.

Edit: Manny I could join for a final boss group.

So I'm currently sitting at 358 light. All of my equipment is 359 or better and I can't seem to get a better artifact. My artifact is sitting at 351. I've played countless Sive Crisis Heroics. Anybody have any recommendations?

Note: I've already leveled up my standing with Eris Morn.

LTWood12

This is really what I like about the raid. Everyone has a role, everyone has a chance to do something heroic, do something clutch to save the run if things start to go sideways.

No one finishes the raid and when asked what they did, says "I stood on a ledge and waited for someone to say 'rockets', then I fired my Gjallarhorn once."

Perfectly put. Playing a raid on normal again really makes me wish Bungie could find a way to do a Hard Mode, but keep revives in. Clutch revives make the best big plays.

Top Bottom