• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Toki767

guess i have better luck. i got 2 keys from 10 Strikes. that's all i did total.

didn't know they were rare. i just splurged them on the first chests i came across. :(

I unknowingly wasted my first Skeleton Key on the Omnigul chest. It did finally get me a Grasp of Malok though.

EL CUCO

Bungie lets you infuse your weapons up to max light.

Let me know when the division stops invalidating your gear every expansion.
lol Yeah, it only took 6 months before you could...

They've only released one expansion but they actually just did that with 1.4. They removed level 34/35 NPC's and brought endgame gear to 229. The PTS is live on PC if you wanna see the changes.

Shiv47

Posting for new page.

Blind Raid Tonight 7PM EST.

I understand that the debate is tonight so this will mostly be a trial run for next week. We will stop at 9PM.

We need two people. Requirements:

- Be Around Light Level 360.
- Not have done this raid before.
- Not have funded any white supremacist groups
- If you are light level 370+, we are willing to waive the previous requirement

Quote and add your name please.

1) SlimySnake (PSN: TheNegativeDude)
2) _Dez (PSN: rcmdez)
3) MiamiWesker (PSN: dvader654)
4)Whoyouare (PSN: manicstreet)
5) Shiv47 (PSN shiv2099)
6)
I'd like to give it a shot. 360 Titan barring any last minute light additions.

Deku Tree

lol Yeah, it only took 6 months before you could...

They've only released one expansion but they actually just did that with 1.4. They removed level 34/35 NPC's and brought endgame gear to 229. The PTS is live on PC if you wanna see the changes.

They released free expansions which invalidates your gear too. Anyway good to know they are learning from their mistakes. Next they need to get rid of the no checkpoint end game "incursion" and give me something fun to grind.

WotM is a really fun raid.

They released free expansions which invalidates your gear too. Anyway good to know they are learning from their mistakes. Next they need to get rid of the no checkpoint end game "incursion" and give me something fun to grind.

It is an extremely fun raid. Something I'd be willing to run even if I had already gotten my loot. Kings Fall always left me feeling exhausted, and I wouldn't even want to think about it for a week.

EL CUCO

They did that too :p checkpoint after ever bomb wave.

Yeah WOTM looks like it might top VOG. Looking forward to getting my first run at it tonight.

Marvel

could never
Raid complete!

FnNhl0O.jpg

XenoRaven

Hope Bungie go back to the drawing board regarding ship designs, 99% of the current crop are just varying degrees of triangles
It seems like they just came up with a bunch of different hulls, noses, and engines and they randomly mix them together unless they design specifically for a certain piece of content like the King's Fall ship.

Trying to get myself raid ready but I hit that ~350 wall. All I'm getting from strike are usually 350-354 items

Nearly every rare engram I decrypt has been exactly 340 light(glitch?)

LiK

Hope Bungie go back to the drawing board regarding ship designs, 99% of the current crop are just varying degrees of triangles

yea, they should also throw away tan and brown from the color palette when designing them. the hell with their obsession with that shitty color for so many ships.

lt519

You can get to the final boss easy and get 3 loot drops on the way. We ran all 350s people with one 360 and did fine. It's really fun too. Def hit it up for the loot.

Thanks! We're a pretty solid team that has done all the previous raids together so sounds like we should be fine. No warlocks either, whew.

Trying to get myself raid ready but I hit that ~350 wall. All I'm getting from strike are usually 350-354 items

Blue engrams cut off at 340 so not a glitch. You have to get dropped engrams from strike bosses that will drop 2-3 light levels above the level you were at when the boss was killed. That or legendary engrams will continue to decrypt 2-3 light levels above your current level.

Nope rare stops at 340. The fastest way to get higher is to use rank up packages. Strikes will get you to 365. So that will take a bit. You could farm the strikes like omni to level faster, though.

Toki767

yea, they should also throw away tan and brown from the color palette when designing them. the hell with their obsession with that shitty color for so many ships.
It's a shame shaders don't work on ships.

I wonder how much of Destiny 2 they're building from the ground up vs reusing Destiny 1 code.

They have to at least do something to help them churn content and make changes faster right?

So I got my titan up to 374 without doing the raid, would love to do the raid tonight before reset.

Any groups forming that have 2 spots? Graffgor and I would like to do the raid together if possible.

rezn0r

I seem to hv hit a brick wall at 351...

Do I really need to farm omnigul if I want to improve? Wtf bungie...

I didn't farm Omnigul or Sepiks or any other thing besides just ranking up & the heroic playlist and I quickly cruised through 350 and hit 361 so far. The only possible snags are if you get unlucky with ghosts and artifacts.

raindoc

Dear god, why can't I just grind SIVA heroic strikes to get the record book achievement AND a chance for decent loot considering everything else but LL?

And why is there still no MM for Nightfall strikes? Bungie wants their raids to be something special no matter what, I get that. But NF?

ch4fx_

Run Sepiks Perfected over & over. You can get to it by selecting "The Devils Lair" strike from Earth & changing the difficulty to hard.

Killing the boss will get you 2-3 drops that are a little higher than your current LL. It's certainly a grind, but if you run that (or any strike) over & over, you'll start to see your LL going up.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yep. It just got more and more painful as I threw myself at that game mode.

"I spent money on this thing"
2nd place
"I spent money on this thing"
2nd place

I'd tank matches over and over to get an easier crowd. Would get way ahead and then on lap 3, I'd hit some small pebble and fall back only to lose by 2 seconds.

"I spent money on this thing."
2nd place

All the GAF trains exchanging wins were gone towards the end.

"I spent money on this thing."
2nd place.

It's the only thing in Destiny I regret.

I was so much better at SLR than regular crucible :lol

for comparison:

TOP PLAYLIST ELO
Elo Division Platinum I
Sparrow Racing League
Platinum I - Top 5%

Elo
Elo Division Gold II
Trials of Osiris
Gold II - Top 25%

:lol

MrDaravon

Me and Pnnn looking for a 3rd for a CoE card. After that I'll still be looking for two more for two NF's and a last CoE. PSN: MrDaravon

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN.
Should still have my CP from Saturday.

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
Gamer_at_Heart 2

Be forewarned I have not beaten him yet, but I understand the process.

Bump

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is supposed to last a year. It barely lasted a week for the hardcore unless you want all the reskins and stuff that isn't good as stuff already available.

Deku Tree

lol Luke is gonna go after that
Aksis
kill tonight instead of watching the presidential debate. Somebody around here on Xbox needs to help a game designer and Scarab overlord out! Ghazz?

Thanks guys! That'll be the team. Looking forward to it!

Hey Omni thanks for extending a hand to help. Filled up right before your post. We'll have to do the raid soon for sure.

Omni can have my spot... work emergency. I want to run but my project deadline is midnight tonight and some idiot broke it.

Sorry guys.

MrDaravon

This is supposed to last a year. It barely lasted a week for the hardcore unless you want all the reskins and stuff that isn't good as stuff already available.

Realistically I don't think anyone expected the hardcore to not blow through everything in quick order.

Unrelated, but I've got a ~367 Hunter at the next to last part of the Raid, any chance I can hop in with a group today for that or even a full raid? Understand the mechanics of the next to last part, no idea what the last part is but I don't care about being told what it is or what to do.

Toki767

I'd like to think they are clearly just holding back content such as HM and challenges and whatever the last exotic quest is, but I can also believe that this took them a year to make.

Top Bottom