• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dthomp

Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone would be around to join Luna_Wolfey and I (Azys_) on a fresh run of the raid. CthulhuSars said he'd help out, so we need 3 more people. Luna and I will be going in blind, I've only seen bits and pieces of the setpieces no concrete mechanics or boss fights and she hasn't seen any of it. Just trying to see how far we can get!

Fresh Wrath of the Machine Raid (Starting at 5:30 EST)

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars

Put me in (Dthomp)

Reflected on the raid run I was involved with, reminded me of why I hate using LFG for anything.

We were five GAFers, needed one more and no one on GAF/Discord wanted in. We went to the various LFG channels and found someone. Let him know we were attempting a mostly blind run (one of us had seen streams, but was keeping quiet about solutions so we could have our fun) and that we would appreciate the opportunity to solve the encounters. The random joins and immediately tells us what to do for the first boss. Great. All subsequent encounters were the same.

Some of it is on me. I should have kicked the guy immediately, but one of our fireteam was already pushing 4am in his time zone (Scottish Sin, you remain awesome!), so in consideration for time, I let it slide.

Haven't had a chance to do a blind raid yet. Don't know if I will. Blows my mind that people not only don't care about novel experiences of their own, but actively spoil it for others, even when told otherwise.

My solution is to run a blind drunk raid. Same concept, right?

Born2Live

Hey guys. Was wondering if anyone would be around to join Luna_Wolfey and I (Azys_) on a fresh run of the raid. CthulhuSars said he'd help out, so we need 3 more people. Luna and I will be going in blind, I've only seen bits and pieces of the setpieces no concrete mechanics or boss fights and she hasn't seen any of it. Just trying to see how far we can get!

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars

I'm in. PSN is Ty_84.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Posting for new page.

Blind Raid Tonight 7PM EST.

I understand that the debate is tonight so this will mostly be a trial run for next week. We will stop at 9PM.

We need two people. Requirements:

- Be Around Light Level 360.
- Not have done this raid before.
- Not have funded any white supremacist groups
- If you are light level 370+, we are willing to waive the previous requirement

Quote and add your name please.

1) SlimySnake (PSN: TheNegativeDude)
2) _Dez (PSN: rcmdez)
3) MiamiWesker (PSN: dvader654)
4)Whoyouare (PSN: manicstreet)
5)
6)

hypernima

Banned

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars

I'll help.

Clunker

So I'm about LL 353 and hitting that first real pull in light boosts. Should I focus on CoE or Archon's Forge (i have four Siva offerings saved up), or should I save those and just work on blues from Sepiks and Omnigul? I'm not trying to grind up as fast as possible but if those offerings will help more later I don't mind holding on a little while.

Reflected on the raid run I was involved with, reminded me of why I hate using LFG for anything.
Sucks, man. :( I would have joined but was busy all weekend. If you need a completely blind dude and need a bud I might be able to help but I'm fairly low level still. I won't be able to run a full raid proper for a few weeks, though - busy schedules and students wanting their grades and everything. :p

NeOak

A guy who barely plays with DGAF has pretended to be a Bungie insider feeding us scoops which naturally never came to pass. He occasionally comes to share his thoughts on things he understands poorly and adds a dash of name-calling just to make his stay memorable.

The more things change etc.

Ayyyyy lmao

edukate

So what's the consensus on the best way to farm skeleton keys? I know strikes drop them- does anyone know at what frequency? Do I have to run >4 consecutive strikes for 1 key?

LiK

We were five GAFers, needed one more and no one on GAF/Discord wanted in. We went to the various LFG channels and found someone. Let him know we were attempting a mostly blind run (one of us had seen streams, but was keeping quiet about solutions so we could have our fun) and that we would appreciate the opportunity to solve the encounters. The random joins and immediately tells us what to do for the first boss. Great. All subsequent encounters were the same.

Some of it is on me. I should have kicked the guy immediately, but one of our fireteam was already pushing 4am in his time zone (Scottish Sin, you remain awesome!), so in consideration for time, I let it slide.

Haven't had a chance to do a blind raid yet. Don't know if I will. Blows my mind that people not only don't care about novel experiences of their own, but actively spoil it for others, even when told otherwise.

My solution is to run a blind drunk raid. Same concept, right?

LFG is used by people who just wanna finish stuff asap. Not surprised that guy decided to just spoil everything to complete it. Sucks that he ignored your request to keep it blind. Maybe he's too stupid to understand that concept.

Mikey Jr.

Well I'm out of Destiny. The constant grind to just go up 1 light level is insanity. I'm wasting countless hours and I'm not sure what for.
Having said that, coming back into this game and playing all the expansions I missed was fucking fun. Destiny is a God damn amazing game.
But gating a huge part of your expansion to high light levels is bullshit. I get it for a hard mode or whatever. But not for the base. Dunno, maybe you can do it with 350ll.

Anyways, I'll see you guys in destiny 2! I'm off to play deus ex.

BLCKATK

That would be perfect for my Hunter. Didn't see any other new adds so throwing my name @4.

Put me in (Dthomp)

I'm in. PSN is Ty_84.

Thanks guys! That'll be the team. Looking forward to it!

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. CthulhuSars
4. Mindlog
5. Dthomp
6. Ty_84

I'll help.

Hey Omni thanks for extending a hand to help. Filled up right before your post. We'll have to do the raid soon for sure.

NastyBook

Anybody in their 350s looking to farm Sepiks? Or possibly Omnigul? (not a fan after some false starts yesterday)

PSN: GibbShift

If not, I've got two characters that need to run through the story, if anybody wants to do that with me as well.

LiK

guess i have better luck. i got 2 keys from 10 Strikes. that's all i did total.

didn't know they were rare. i just splurged them on the first chests i came across. :(

I ran about 50 strikes this weekend and got 4 keys.

I'm. Not the only I one?

All keys went to undying mind for Ima go. Got the class item each time

Actually I only got 2 keys. Becuase they give you a free one.

Fuck.

I'd like to point out I ran the 20 normal strikes for the book and shit ton of heroic for leveling

EL CUCO

It would be nice if Skeleton chests could be looted by the entire fireteam after it's been opened. Kind of like Dark Zone chests in The Division. Why u not nice to us bungle?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Running heroic strikes with the vanguard booster will also net you 280-300 vanguard rep every 20 minutes. thats 1800 rep every two hours. plus a chance to get exotics and skeleton keys.

thats pretty much how i leveled up after the april update. then again back then we were running strikes in 5-10 minutes lol. they are much harder now.

Zakalwe

Banned
We're going to run a NF, I'm 364, my friend is 350. Preferably someone closer to me so we can burn through it, but lower levels are welcome too.

We'll start, feel free to drop in.

PSN: astropoff

I'm. Not the only I one?

All keys went to undying mind for Ima go. Got the class item each time

Actually I only got 2 keys. Becuase they give you a free one.

Fuck.

I'd like to point out I ran the 20 normal strikes for the book and shit ton of heroic for leveling

Is Loop still dropping? Can i finally get one using a key on the mind strike!?!?

I totally forgot about that gun!

Deku Tree

It would be nice if Skeleton chests could be looted by the entire fireteam after it's been opened. Kind of like Dark Zone chests in The Division. Why u not nice to us bungle?

Bungie lets you infuse your weapons up to max light.

Let me know when the division stops invalidating your gear every expansion.

ch4fx_

So I'm about LL 353 and hitting that first real pull in light boosts. Should I focus on CoE or Archon's Forge (i have four Siva offerings saved up), or should I save those and just work on blues from Sepiks and Omnigul? I'm not trying to grind up as fast as possible but if those offerings will help more later I don't mind holding on a little while.

Sepiks is pretty damn efficiet, as it nets you blues up to 365, along with vanguard/faction rep each time. You can complete the strike in roughly 10 minutes.

Also, imo, CoE takes too long to complete for what it pays out. You will get 1 piece of armor & 1 piece of gear from CoE, which you can get from a single Sepkis run.

Top Bottom