• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So I got my titan up to 374 without doing the raid, would love to do the raid tonight before reset.

Any groups forming that have 2 spots? Graffgor and I would like to do the raid together if possible.

If you guys start up a group I'd be down to join as my first attempt at the raid. 369 Hunter/367 Titan PSN: j2theizzay

Bold One

FnNhl0O.jpg

If you guys start up a group I'd be down to join as my first attempt at the raid. 369 Hunter/367 Titan PSN: j2theizzay

I would like to start around 6 PM Central. It would be a fresh raid, somewhat blind, as I understand some of the early mechanics. I guess 365+ is preferred, but not necessary.

1. RunningRiot (TKRunningRiot)
2. Graffgor (Dr_Boris_Goltz)
3. j2theizzay
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

SpecX

Sorry! Siva questions

Not sure if I need to spoiler tag this but want to make sure I don't ruin anything for others. I read through all the Siva clusters and still don't know what it truly is or what happened to make it the enemy. From what I read, it was developed and ready to be activated in the replicator chamber and that ends the pre-collapse story.

The Iron Lord story show how they tried to reach out to Rasputin for help and how they planned to use it to advance the collapse era to only have Rasputin attack them to protect them unknowingly.

The Fallen have started advancing themselves with it and feel it has ascended them to a Machine/God level, but at the end of the day what the hell caused Siva to go bad?

How did the Fallen find it and not the Cabal even though they have a strong hold on Mars. This is taking me back to vanilla days of bad story telling unfortunately.

TheFlow

Banned
Not sure if I need to spoiler tag this but want to make sure I don't ruin anything for others. I read through all the Siva clusters and still don't know what it truly is or what happened to make it the enemy. From what I read, it was developed and ready to be activated in the replicator chamber and that ends the pre-collapse story.

The Iron Lord story show how they tried to reach out to Rasputin for help and how they planned to use it to advance the collapse era to only have Rasputin attack them to protect them unknowingly.

The Fallen have started advancing themselves with it and feel it has ascended them to a Machine/God level, but at the end of the day what the hell caused Siva to go bad?

How did the Fallen find it and not the Cabal even though they have a strong hold on Mars. This is taking me back to vanilla days of bad story telling unfortunately.
You are spoiling everyone because we don't know what you are tagging. Context at least ty

Any groups looking to run the raid on alts or final boss on ps4 and need another body?

I've cleared it 2.8 times now, but missed some chests and the final boss on my warlock on my groups first attempt. 371.

Gamer_at_Heart on psn

Destiny 2.

but i want my hood to be a different color now :(

So how do you guys think Destiny 2 is going to go? Think they'll keep all of the locations in this game and then just add more? Or will it be completely brand new? Or perhaps they'll redesign all of these areas from the ground up on top of new locations?

It's hard to think of an "mmo like" game where you can no longer go to old areas.

XenoRaven

I would like to start around 6 PM Central. It would be a fresh raid, somewhat blind, as I understand some of the early mechanics. I guess 365+ is preferred, but not necessary.

1. RunningRiot (TKRunningRiot)
2. Graffgor (Dr_Boris_Goltz)
3. j2theizzay
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???
Do you plan on doing the final boss?

Any groups looking to run the raid on alts or final boss on ps4 and need another body?

I've cleared it 2.8 times now, but missed some chests and the final boss on my warlock on my groups first attempt. 371.

Gamer_at_Heart on psn

I'm starting one at 6pm est. You'd be our third, and it's final boss only.

LiK

but i want my hood to be a different color now :(

So how do you guys think Destiny 2 is going to go? Think they'll keep all of the locations in this game and then just add more? Or will it be completely brand new? Or perhaps they'll redesign all of these areas from the ground up on top of new locations?

It's hard to think of an "mmo like" game where you can no longer go to old areas.

Bet you there will be a major event that destroys or transforms some of the locations. Or they'll just ignore them and make brand new ones.

Deku Tree

Bet you there will be a major event that destroys or transforms some of the locations. Or they'll just ignore them and make brand new ones.

I thought it was pretty clear what would happen from the GRIMOIRE. Traveller is gonna find a way to leave our solar system and humanity defenseless. We gonna have to go somewhere else. Actually I only read other people's summarily of the GRIMOIRE. (Not sure why my phone keeps auto capitalizing GRIMOIRE.)

gspec

Sorry! Siva questions

I am sure there will be more to the story in the spring update.

gspec

I thought it was pretty clear what would happen from the GRIMOIRE. Traveller is gonna find a way to leave our solar system and humanity defenseless. We gonna have to go somewhere else. Actually I only read other people's summarily of the GRIMOIRE. (Not sure why my phone keeps auto capitalizing GRIMOIRE.)

There are still locations on Earth, Venus, and Mars we need to explore like chicago before we set off to another solar system.

EL CUCO

How do I do the archon arena?
Its located in Archon's Keep. Once you spawn, hop on your sparrow and ride passed Giant's Husk. I think there's one more area after that. Just keep going until you eventually run into it. Its located in the biggest structure.

Edit: sorry, I might have misread your question. You need SIVA offerings which drop randomly from NPC's. Can only carry 1 at a time per character tho. Once you have an offering in your inventory, you activate the encounter by presenting to the computer looking thing you see when you first walked in.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Posting for new page.

Blind Raid Tonight 7PM EST.

I understand that the debate is tonight so this will mostly be a trial run for next week. We will stop at 9PM.

We need just one more. Requirements:

- Be Around Light Level 360.
- Not have done this raid before.
- Not have funded any white supremacist groups
- If you are light level 370+, we are willing to waive the previous requirement

Quote and add your name please.

1) SlimySnake (PSN: TheNegativeDude)
2) _Dez (PSN: rcmdez)
3) MiamiWesker (PSN: dvader654)
4)Whoyouare (PSN: manicstreet)
5) Shiv47 (PSN shiv2099)
6)

I expect a build off the current game.

Right now I'm hoping for:

• 3 New Destinations - EDZ, Mercury, and Titan
    • EDZ will have your Fallen(Kings) and Hive standard Earth Combo.
    • Mercury will be a Vex Primary with pockets of Cabal.
    • Titan will be a new Front for the Cabal forces. A New Fallen house will be littered in certain areas.
  • 5 New Strikes
  • 8 New PvP Maps
  • Approx 30 New Missions
  • 4 New Exotic Armors per Class (12 Total)
  • 15 New Exotic Weapons
  • 1 New Raid
  • 1 to 2 New unit "Types" per enemy species.
  • 1 Brand new guardian playable class (with 3 subclasses)
  • New 8v8 PvP game modes
  • New 3v3v3 PvP game modes

molnizzle

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN.
Should still have my CP from Saturday.

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
Gamer_at_Heart 2

Be forewarned I have not beaten him yet, but I understand the process.

Bump

I'm in the same boat as you, can run with either hunter or warlock at 366/367.

PSN: molnizzle

I have a second who is 274 and has cleared it with me twice. Can I tell him he is in or are you full now?

Is it Nowai, if so I added him as your plus 1

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN. --- We are full now, if you want I can add you as an alt

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
sunvsthemoon
DonutTurtle Friend
Subtervotion

Alts: molnizzle

Toki767

I expect a build off the current game.

Their coding sounds pretty screwed up. I imagine they don't have time for a completely new foundation, but if Destiny 2 ends up lacking as much as Destiny 1 did on release, that will really sting. Even if we're going to play it anyway.

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN.

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
Gamer_at_Heart 2
DonutTurtle Friend
Subtervotion

Yeah it is

Their coding sounds pretty screwed up. I imagine they don't have time for a completely new foundation, but if Destiny 2 ends up lacking as much as Destiny 1 did on release, that will really sting. Even if we're going to play it anyway.

I just hope with them leaving last gen behind, they can expand upon the current spaces. Maybe we can finally "go there"

While I only expect 3 new destinations, I expect them to be larger and/or much more expansive than what we've currently got.

Think like Cosmo+Plaguelands.

SnakeEyes

Banned
How do I do the archon arena?
It's like Court of Oryx - you get a SIVA offering to drop by killing Splicers (and they drop at random difficulties, indicated by the rarity of the offering), you go into the Archon's Forge area on the Plaguelands Patrol map, and when you're inside there's a terminal you put your offering into to start it up.

Ideally you'd have a team to do them, depending on difficulty, but if your Patrol lobby is full you'll find people will rush to help pretty quickly.
Archon's Forge is essentially a timed Horde mode - you have 5mins complete the event, which is to kill a certain number of Adds before a boss spawns, and then kill it/them too.

LTWood12

Archon Forge location is pretty crappy. Gotta be real lucky to find anyone there.

it's both fun, and utter garbage at the same time. Take your time getting to it when you spawn into patrol, especially when you get to the area just outside the building, take your time making your way in. It'll give the game time to 'matchmake' you into an instance w/ other people.

nowai

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN. --- We are full now, if you want I can add you as an alt

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
Gamer_at_Heart 2
DonutTurtle Friend
Subtervotion

Yep, PSN is sunvsthemoon. Gamer is my clan mate. We know what we're doing and we have beat it twice and my alt Warlock I'm bringing is 375.

SpecX

Traveler is going to attempt to leave, Rasputin will react and trigger a full scale attack, guardians and ghosts on Earth will all fall to this super weapon which kills off our Destiny 1 character, critically damaging the Traveler who does barely escape and kicks off Destiny 2. The Traveler will seek asylum with the Agents of the Nine which will then trigger the Traveler to create a new ghost in a new system to find new guardians for protection while it tries to restore itself. This will offer new class characters and abilities. Meanwhile, Rasputin will align with the Darkness to seek revenge on the Traveler for the blood on his hands and we will work our way back into the solar system to try and uncover what has caused Rasputin to despise the Traveler so much.

Top Bottom