• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Is it Nowai, if so I added him as your plus 1

ROI Final Raid Boss. 6pm EST PSN. --- We are full now, if you want I can add you as an alt
Should still have my CP from Saturday.

Pandora012 - Hunter 366
XenoRaven
Gamer_at_Heart
Gamer_at_Heart 2
DonutTurtle Friend
Subtervotion

Alts: molnizzle

Be forewarned I have not beaten him yet, but I understand the process.

Sounds good. I'll probably rock Raze lighter and sniper. Can bring Gjally if needed.

We did it!

First time I completed a raid in the first week.

Its funny because this will be the first time I don't finish the raid the first week.

I did VoG, CE (Hard too!) and KF all in the first week.

But with all the great rewards from faction packages and exotic engrams from 3oC I am leveling up just as well if not better. Most of the raid gear I got from the parts I completed (didn't finish the last boss) didn't help me at all while these other drops have.

Feels good to not have to raid.

EL CUCO

It's like Court of Oryx - you get a SIVA offering to drop by killing Splicers (and they drop at random difficulties, indicated by the rarity of the offering), you go into the Archon's Forge area on the Plaguelands Patrol map, and when you're inside there's a terminal you put your offering into to start it up.

Ideally you'd have a team to do them, depending on difficulty, but if your Patrol lobby is full you'll find people will rush to help pretty quickly.
Archon's Forge is essentially a timed Horde mode - you have 5mins complete the event, which is to kill a certain number of Adds before a boss spawns, and then kill it/them too.
Do you know if failing the activity you started consumes your offering? I know CoO didnt.

I hate that everyone is like "farm omnigul" like it's easy or repeatable or consistent. I've done it both before and after RoI and it's always been a pain. I made this rough gif to show my disdain for it:

zU5na4r.gif

(Btw, I'm a Titan and none of the "optimal" strats use Titans, so lololol.)

Bold One

I expect a build off the current game.

Right now I'm hoping for:

• 3 New Destinations - EDZ, Mercury, and Titan
    • EDZ will have your Fallen(Kings) and Hive standard Earth Combo.
    • Mercury will be a Vex Primary with pockets of Cabal.
    • Titan will be a new Front for the Cabal forces. A New Fallen house will be littered in certain areas.
  • 5 New Strikes
  • 8 New PvP Maps
  • Approx 30 New Missions
  • 4 New Exotic Armors per Class (12 Total)
  • 15 New Exotic Weapons
  • 1 New Raid
  • 1 to 2 New unit "Types" per enemy species.
  • 1 Brand new guardian playable class (with 3 subclasses)
  • New 8v8 PvP game modes
  • New 3v3v3 PvP game modes

In addition to the current game world?

that would be nice

4AIvlwY.gif

Traveler is going to attempt to leave, Rasputin will react and trigger a full scale attack, guardians and ghosts on Earth will all fall to this super weapon which kills off our Destiny 1 character, critically damaging the Traveler who does barely escape and kicks off Destiny 2. The Traveler will seek asylum with the Agents of the Nine which will then trigger the Traveler to create a new ghost in a new system to find new guardians for protection while it tries to restore itself. This will offer new class characters and abilities. Meanwhile, Rasputin will align with the Darkness to seek revenge on the Traveler for the blood on his hands and we will work our way back into the solar system to try and uncover what has caused Rasputin to despise the Traveler so much.

Ehh.. I subscribe to the "Rasputin has already shot the Traveler" theory. That's why the Traveler didn't leave us the moment the Darkness crept into our system. That's why the Traveler is "dead" and why it made the ghosts. Ghosts seem to be unique to our system. The Fallen don't seem to have anything comparable and we know they had the Traveler with them in the past.

Something I did think was interesting was Ghost said something in a mission about Charlamagne, which we're pretty sure was another Warmind, right?

Let me see if I can find the video.

Xeroblade

I hate that everyone is like "farm omnigul" like it's easy or repeatable or consistent. I've done it both before and after RoI and it's always been a pain. I made this rough gif to show my disdain for it:

zU5na4r.gif

That gif is spot on. I had a good laugh.

I'm kinda hoping destiny 2 is a full reboot

Me too. i don't think anyone will mind if they see the same areas and weapons and shit all over again under better, more ambitious settings. I mean, do we realistically expect Bungie not to bring back all the Exotics? Legendaries are whatever - a rebrand and fresh coat of paint and they're the same thing. But I expect Bungie tol bring back most of the popular Exotic weapons and armor. Those are the "Halo" weapons that they always carry between games.

Anyone else hoping for a secret mission/quest to unlock at reset tomorrow?

It hasn't been long enough for these to start popping up but I hope they didn't cut back on these. TTK was awesome for this!

zU5na4r.gif

To get my alt Titan raid ready, I farmed for an hour and got her from 353-361 just off of blues.. I used WOL bubble with a nighstalker and gunslinger. Once you get going you get into a groove, its super easyand fast.

WeTeHa

Finally murdered that freaking raid boss.

Damn, the raid is a lot of fun. Love the final 2 encounters.
Death Zamboni
is completely different to everything else in destiny. Final boss requires great communication and awareness + quick decisions from everyone, yet has a lot of freedom. Good stuff, bungie.

To get my alt Titan raid ready, I farmed for an hour and got her from 353-361 just off of blues.. I used WOL bubble with a nighstalker and gunslinger. Once you get going you get into a groove, its super easyand fast.

Why would you farm with your alt? I got my hunter to 371. My titan and warlock were 368 out of the gate. No farm needed. All thanks to infusion fuel from the main.

SpecX

Ehh.. I subscribe to the "Rasputin has already shot the Traveler" theory. That's why the Traveler didn't leave us the moment the Darkness crept into our system. That's why the Traveler is "dead" and why it made the ghosts. Ghosts seem to be unique to our system. The Fallen don't seem to have anything comparable and we know they had the Traveler with them in the past.

Something I did think was interesting was Ghost said something in a mission about Charlamagne, which we're pretty sure was another Warmind, right?

Let me see if I can find the video.

Did a quick google search, shows him as the Mars Warmind. I too wonder how the Traveler got that damage on the bottom and was hoping to see a little bit of restoration with each expansion to show proof we actually did some good by destroying the heart in the black garden.

I highly doubt D2 will completely "wipe" D1. I can't see any way that they also won't build off of D1's areas. It would seem really wasteful in that regard, for various reasons, most of which have already been mentioned.

Zakalwe

Banned
I expect a build off the current game.

You'll almost certainly be disappointed then, it's going to be a brand new game. There's no way they'll keep building on the old engine when they could build something new to fully exploit the current gen.

I'd expect movement toward a more open world. Perhaps something akin to the way FF14 has a mix of open world layout and instanced areas. Not quite fully persistent, but more direct transitions without needing to orbit.

Multiple "patrol" type areas on each planet all linked together.

Maybe even some kind of limited manual space travel between areas instead of animated loading screens.

It'll likely be a very familiar game, just larger in scope and interactivity.

It absolutely /needs/ to be built as a separate thing though. You can really feel the last gem limitations with the current game. That's not a good place to start the foundation for the next few years.

I highly doubt D2 will completely "wipe" D1. I can't see any way that they also won't build off of D1's areas. It would seem really wasteful in that regard, for various reasons, most of which have already been mentioned.

Not wasteful, essential.

The cosmodrome will probably be old Chicago instead of Russia. It would be a lot of reskins if they just used the same old areas. That would suck TBH.

SpecX

You'll almost certainly be disappointed then, it's going to be a brand new game. There's no way they'll keep building on the old engine when they could build something new to fully exploit the current gen.

I'd expect movement toward a more open world. Perhaps something akin to the way FF14 has a mix of open world layout and instanced areas. Not quite fully persistent, but more direct transitions without needing to orbit.

Multiple "patrol" type areas on each planet all linked together.

Maybe even some kind of limited manual space travel between areas instead of animated loading screens.

It'll likely be a very familiar game, just larger in scope and interactivity.

It absolutely /needs/ to be built as a separate thing though. You can really feel the last gem limitations with the current game. That's not a good place to start the foundation for the next few years.

Not wasteful, essential.

I would love a NMS engagement to leave Earth and head to the Moon Patrol zone with 0 loading screens. Make it happen Bungie!

Sorry! Siva questions

The Fallen have started advancing themselves with it and feel it has ascended them to a Machine/God level, but at the end of the day what the hell caused Siva to go bad?

For what I understand, SIVA spreads like a disease: it will do anything its commander tells it to, but once it runs, it doesn't stop. The Fallen were using it at first to experiment with various Hive body parts to make into weapons, but what you're witnessing as well is SIVA growing out of control.

The Fallen apparently don't know it, and are just luring Hive to experiment on while all this is happening.

At the very least, I expect the players' Guardian progress to somehow be imported into the game. This is their "10 year plan" for players to "become legend". Unless they are hesitating on that premise, that's a no brainer.

Reposting for new page:

FYI, I don't think we need to go full blind, if someone knows mechanics we're struggling with along the way, feel free to educate. Finishing the raid will be the priority.

I would like to start around 6 PM Central. It would be a fresh raid, somewhat blind, as I understand some of the early mechanics. I guess 365+ is preferred, but not necessary.

1. RunningRiot (TKRunningRiot)
2. Graffgor (Dr_Boris_Goltz)
3. j2theizzay
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Zocano

Yah that's not how software dev works. Not at this scale and timeline.

I agree that it will look very different but it will also feel and function incredibly similarly. I expect patrol zones to be similar but matchmake larger zones so you actually run into more people. I think story missions will have more separate unique and dynamic environments exclusive to them rather than jury rigging on top of the patrol areas.

Past that, items and classes and enemies could be entirely different.

I have a feeling that D2 will revolve around the cabal. We haven't had any story revolve around them yet. Either that, or it will revolve around Rasputin. Those seem like the most likely stories for D2.

I remember when we used to epeen with grimoire score.

i haven't even looked at the number since they moved it off the nameplate.

I forget why, but was that the reason it was removed from the emblem display? Doesn't really matter to me, though. I've got the "Gotta catch 'em all" mentality with grimoire. It's the last thing I try to do after I've burned through all the content.

SpecX

For what I understand, SIVA spreads like a disease: it will do anything its commander tells it to, but once it runs, it doesn't stop. The Fallen were using it at first to experiment with various Hive body parts to make into weapons, but what you're witnessing as well is SIVA growing out of control.

The Fallen apparently don't know it, and are just luring Hive to experiment on while all this is happening.

Makes sense, but didn't they mention in the grimoire they added a fail safe at the last minute? It was questioned why this late to add and never really explained what the scientists thoughts were behind doing so. Couldn't this be used once they gained the level of advancement they wanted without destroying what had been gained or is it all or nothing?

Zakalwe

Banned
At the very least, I expect the players' Guardian progress to somehow be imported into the game. This is their "10 year plan" for players to "become legend". Unless they are hesitating on that premise, that's a no brainer.

The 10 year plan was something they vaguely spoke about and fans and media hyped.

We'll probably see emblems/shaders for MoT 1/2/3, Platinum, All exotics collected, etc...

If Bungie do much more than that I'll be very surprised. I really hope there is more too it though, don't get me wrong.

GhaleonEB

So, my new Hunter is up to The Taken King campaign. I've noticed two big changes since my last character went through the game when TTK came out: first, the drop rates are much higher in the early going. I'm getting new gear literally every mission (and there are a LOT of missions). To the point where I don't even bother leveling things up since I cycle through them so fast.

And second, the Taken War starts alongside the main campaign. So instead of starting Petra's line of quests after fighting Oryx, I'm collecting stuff from Fallen and Taken for her first quest during the opening mission. The grind is somewhat reduced as I can work them in tandem.

Also new, the TTK missions open up at the same time as the House of Wolves - which itself opened up before the main campaign concluded, since it starts with the mission on the Fallen ship from the original campaign. So at that point, the campaign forked into three directions: House of Wolves, original (Black Garden arc), and Taken King. Plus all the missions not tied into the main campaign arc (most of the Mars missions and The Archive). So there were 5-6 new missions popping up at once.

I did them in order, but it meant you can theoretically watch the Queen's ship get blown up at the opening of the Taken King, and then see it show up to capture Skolas at the end of House of Wolves. Probably should keep TTK under lock until House of Wolves is wrapped.....

I'll do a longer post on the new 1-40 experience when I get there (currently level 32). It's been interesting in a mostly good way, but definitely highlights some of the problems witht he leveling and loot design in a way I did not expect.

Hedgey

Trying to get some concrete methods going so I can make a checklist of stuff to do every week, please correct me if I am wrong (or missing anything):

Max 385 Drops

Faction Packages (No Artifacts)
Eris Morn Packages (Only Artifacts, 75% Chance)
Crucible Match Rewards (Weapons and Class Items)
Crucible Packages (No Artifacts)
Vanguard Packages (No Artifacts)
Queen's Wrath (Armor and Class Items)
House of Judgement Packages (No Artifacts)
Exotic Engrams
Skeleton Key Chests in SIVA Playlist/Nightfall
Archon's Forge (Only Class Items reach above 365)

Once a week per character:
Raid
Nightfall
Crucible Weekly Bounty

Whenever I search up different methods usually the list of activities is quite short. Hopefully this helps out people like me who are tired of grinding out the playlist hoping for a key.

Zocano

I have a feeling that D2 will revolve around the cabal. We haven't had any story revolve around them yet. Either that, or it will revolve around Rasputin. Those seem like the most likely stories for D2.

The Cabal, Rasputin, Osiris, and The Nine.

Maybe Charlemagne will show up.

Did a quick google search, shows him as the Mars Warmind. I too wonder how the Traveler got that damage on the bottom and was hoping to see a little bit of restoration with each expansion to show proof we actually did some good by destroying the heart in the black garden.

I can't find where Ghost says it in the new expansion though. I'm interested because I think he listed off two other names before Charlamange. I think Baron was one of them.

You'll almost certainly be disappointed then, it's going to be a brand new game.

I wouldn't be so certain.

I mean, both sides of the conversation have good points about this. But the Destiny engine can already do more with the drop of last gen.

We already have a larger object limit per zone. New Zones have way more vertical-ness to them as well.

Top Bottom