• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dante316

Just leveled my Titan up to 362 using infusion from warlock, thank God they made using 2nd and 3rd characters easier. My warlock did most.of the work,

Anyway I'm up for the nightfall, anybody up for it?

Jabronium

I really like the forge when there are people around. I wish there were harder forge fights.

The perfected fights were pretty difficult on the few that I've done, but I'm still a lowly 351. I'm not sure what the point of having different difficulties is since the loot and chance for it is identical regardless.

On another note--do you get one skeleton key per campaign completion, or is it just the first time through?

Trakan

I expect a build off the current game.

Right now I'm hoping for:

• 3 New Destinations - EDZ, Mercury, and Titan
    • EDZ will have your Fallen(Kings) and Hive standard Earth Combo.
    • Mercury will be a Vex Primary with pockets of Cabal.
    • Titan will be a new Front for the Cabal forces. A New Fallen house will be littered in certain areas.
  • 5 New Strikes
  • 8 New PvP Maps
  • Approx 30 New Missions
  • 4 New Exotic Armors per Class (12 Total)
  • 15 New Exotic Weapons
  • 1 New Raid
  • 1 to 2 New unit "Types" per enemy species.
  • 1 Brand new guardian playable class (with 3 subclasses)
  • New 8v8 PvP game modes
  • New 3v3v3 PvP game modes

Full on sequel or bust. New game. New engine. All new subclasses. A new guardian class. New planets. I'd like it to look better graphically.

I'm fine with some stuff returning like exotics but I'll have been playing this game for 3 years by the time D2 comes out. I'm not interested in playing on the same maps or doing the same strikes anymore. I don't want to play old missions that are gone though backwards and claim to be new.

I want a Halo: CE to Halo 2 quality jump.

WeTeHa

I really like the forge when there are people around. I wish there were harder forge fights.

yeah it's a lot of fun with 6+ people IF you have offerings. Ran a perfected captain offering yesterday with 6 people, amazing chaos. Supers going off all the time and so on.

Also: bungie, please remove the guaranteed legendary engram you get for the first completion of a heroic strike and replace it with a guaranteed chest key. thanks.

Bold One

If they are starting from scratch they will have to use Unreal Engine 4 or something.

There is no time to rework everything from D1 and build a new engine and build a worthy sequel

The perfected fights were pretty difficult on the few that I've done, but I'm still a lowly 351. I'm not sure what the point of having different difficulties is since the loot and chance for it is identical regardless.

On another note--do you get one skeleton key per campaign completion, or is it just the first time through?

The loot drops suck but the craziness of the perfected really are amazing.

Zakalwe

Banned
DeeJ has said a million times in his role playing mode that "Our little Guardians are going to be going on this 10 year journey with us."

Whether all of our gear will carry over remains to be seen, but we're definitely not going to have to start from scratch in the next game.

They've said a lot of things that have never panned out as we fully expected/hoped to, though.

Deku Tree

Full on sequel or bust. New game. New engine. All new subclasses. A new guardian class. New planets. I'd like it to look better graphically.

I'm fine with some stuff returning like exotics but I'll have been playing this game for 3 years by the time D2 comes out. I'm not interested in playing on the same maps or doing the same strikes anymore. I don't want to play old missions that are gone though backwards and claim to be new.

I want a Halo 3 type quality jump.

Got a sniper to drop in crucible. "20/20 AMR7" is it any good? The scopes on it are Longview and ambush, perks are underdog, perfect balance and hidden hand. Thoughts?

You know what I really want? Weapon mods and kit bashing.

I'm not talking about attaching grenade launchers to our auto rifles. No, none of that nonsense.

But when this game was first announced, Bungie mentioned that the weapons were "modular" and I imagined that we would be able to make our own guns. Every weapon in the game has a distinct silhouette, so I think we could get away with mixing and matching different pieces to make something unique to us. Hell, they should let us name the guns ourselves as well. I think that will give the game the fantasy they want unlike now where all we can really do is "tell stories" of how we got blessed by RNGesus after grinding Omnigul for 3 hours. That's not really worth telling your friends about, but having different pieces drop from different bosses to create a gun that you then give your own name would be truly legendary. Like imagine grinding a Raid boss for an enchanted stone that mixes with the properties of the other items in your gun to give it a completely unique appearance and stat makeup. So when you get killed by "Santa's Right Hand" in the Crucible, you know somebody actually put time into that gun. It wont be difficult to prevent people from just making god-roll weapons either. That can still be tied to RNG somewhat.

Of course I think the Raid and Exotic system should remain the same, but everything below that just ends up being noise anyway. Why not expand on it? I want a high impact sniper that doesn't look like Pinocchio's nose, but all the good looking sniper chassis are low impact snipers.

Zakalwe

Banned
That's a very basic part of the game though - continuing our progress in some fashion.

Right, but this could easily be:

Unique emblem and shader and Armour set for all Guaridans who played D1! Display your legacy!

As much as some kind of actual character transition.

I'd hope for the latter, but sadly the former seems more likely.

If there's one thing Destiny has taught me about Bungie, it's: temper your expectations.

Posting for new page.

Blind Raid Tonight 7PM EST.

I understand that the debate is tonight so this will mostly be a trial run for next week. We will stop at 9PM.

We need just one person. Requirements:

- Be Around Light Level 355 or above
- Not have done this raid before.

Quote and add your name please.

1) SlimySnake (PSN: TheNegativeDude)
2) _Dez (PSN: rcmdez)
3) MiamiWesker (PSN: dvader654)
4)Whoyouare (PSN: manicstreet)
5) Shiv47 (PSN shiv2099)
6)j2theizzay (PSN j2theizzay)

If you still need 1 can join. PSN: j2theizzay

Reposting for new page:

FYI, I don't think we need to go full blind, if someone knows mechanics we're struggling with along the way, feel free to educate. Finishing the raid will be the priority.

Gonna try and join SlimySnake's group. I need to stop around 9PM est too.

Right, but this could easily be:

Unique emblem and shader and Armour set for all Guaridans who played D1! Display your legacy!

As much as some kind of actual character transition.

I'd hope for the latter, but sadly the former seems more likely.

If there's one thing Destiny has taught me about Bungie, it's: temper your expectations.

And pepper your angus for when the loot system screws you over.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fuck, if I could get off work early enough, I would so be there. Catch you guys after the reset and hopefully I'll reach 360 tonight.
It doesn't look like we will get the last person tonight. But on the bright side we have six people who want to do the raid blind. Shiv, whoareyou if we can't get it going tonight what time are you guys available this week?

Jinjo

Is 3 Night Stalkers too many for the end boss? Would having one of them be a Gunslinger with Celestial Nighthawk help out more?

Our team only ran 1 out of 3 Hunters as a Night Stalker as you only really need one tether at the final stun. The other two were Nighthawks to burn down the captains.

MrDaravon

Okay, I still need one more CoE run (if possible, not super important), 2 more NF's, and I'd really like to finish the Raid if possible before reset. I've got a a ~367 Hunter at the next to last checkpoint; I'm pretty sure we understood the mechanics and made it to the last phase but just couldn't quite pull it off. Seems like most groups are either doing the last boss or fresh/blind runs though; maybe an experienced group doing just the last boss would be willing to run the next to last part with me or something then do the last boss? Carries pls lol.

In the meantime hoping to finish the story stuff with my Titan tonight and get the last Iron Lord artifact so I have all 3 unlocked this week at least.

Edit: Jesus I have people on my list who have 10+ completions already. Well FML for having to work last week :(

NastyBook

Posting for new page.

Blind Raid Tonight 7PM EST.

I understand that the debate is tonight so this will mostly be a trial run for next week. We will stop at 9PM.

We need just one person. Requirements:

- Be Around Light Level 355 or above
- Not have done this raid before.

Quote and add your name please.

1) SlimySnake (PSN: TheNegativeDude)
2) _Dez (PSN: rcmdez)
3) MiamiWesker (PSN: dvader654)
4)Whoyouare (PSN: manicstreet)
5) Shiv47 (PSN shiv2099)
6)
PSN: GibbShift

Skele7on

Banned
Xbox started, got to level 14, light level 78 and gained 20 new twitch followers tonight.

Pretty rad stream, can't wait to get to the dark below etc!

Dynasty8

100% agree.

I want only a handful of things transfered over...and I've invested over a thousand hours into Destiny. Focus a lot more on end game. Much bigger world with full of things to discover.

Something cool to add as a throwback would be to have new pink or red colored engrams called "Vintage" items. These will be decoded into classic Destiny 1 weapons and armor that are just as rare as exotics (only one equip allowed).

Bold One

You know what I really want? Weapon mods and kit bashing.

I'm not talking about attaching grenade launchers to our auto rifles. No, none of that nonsense.

But when this game was first announced, Bungie mentioned that the weapons were "modular" and I imagined that we would be able to make our own guns. Every weapon in the game has a distinct silhouette, so I think we could get away with mixing and matching different pieces to make something unique to us. Hell, they should let us name the guns ourselves as well. I think that will give the game the fantasy they want unlike now where all we can really do is "tell stories" of how we got blessed by RNGesus after grinding Omnigul for 3 hours. That's not really worth telling your friends about, but having different pieces drop from different bosses to create a gun that you then give your own name would be truly legendary. Like imagine grinding a Raid boss for an enchanted stone that mixes with the properties of the other items in your gun to give it a completely unique appearance and stat makeup. So when you get killed by "Santa's Right Hand" in the Crucible, you know somebody actually put time into that gun. It wont be difficult to prevent people from just making god-roll weapons either. That can still be tied to RNG somewhat.

Of course I think the Raid and Exotic system should remain the same, but everything below that just ends up being noise anyway. Why not expand on it? I want a high impact sniper that doesn't look like Pinocchio's nose, but all the good looking sniper chassis are low impact snipers.

Creating and naming your own weapon is not a bad idea, I would also like it if you were able to upload it into the server (Like NMS) so it becomes droppable, I want everyone to be able to get their hands on "Bold's Bulge"

They've said a lot of things that have never panned out as we fully expected/hoped to, though.

You realize how trollish you come off when you say stuff like this?

You're basically saying, "I'm disregarding the evidence against my point of view, who can even tell the quality of that evidence. My own speculative evidence fits my needs, and therefore comes from much more reliable sources."

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to take the same character/model over, with something that shows that I played D1. I'd also love to keep the same emblem and ship. I'm still rocking:

QFwvted.jpg

and

Outrageous_fortune2.jpg

I do have the new PS exclusive ship and was using it until I got into a Crucible match where all six of us had it. :-(

I'm with you!

Honestly just assumed a sequel would be a whole new game basically, not a continuation of this one.

Creating and naming your own weapon is not a bad idea, I would also like it if you were able to upload it into the server (Like NMS) so it becomes droppable, I want everyone to be able to get their hands on "Bold's Bulge"

That would make it a lot more interesting too. But I don't think I'm going to share my Baby Blue sniper ;)

We all know Bungie doesn't want to game to have a player economy though.

Alfebit

Banned
So without spoiling anything, what is everyone's impressions of the raid?

My friends and I are slowly making our way up to the recommended light level and I was just wondering if it was worth it.

Okay, I still need one more CoE run (if possible, not super important), 2 more NF's, and I'd really like to finish the Raid if possible before reset. I've got a a ~367 Hunter at the next to last checkpoint; I'm pretty sure we understood the mechanics and made it to the last phase but just couldn't quite pull it off. Seems like most groups are either doing the last boss or fresh/blind runs though; maybe an experienced group doing just the last boss would be willing to run the next to last part with me or something then do the last boss? Carries pls lol.

In the meantime hoping to finish the story stuff with my Titan tonight and get the last Iron Lord artifact so I have all 3 unlocked this week at least.

Edit: Jesus I have people on my list who have 10+ completions already. Well FML for having to work last week :(

This is FOX-AIV3E, I can be on around 845 pm EST and on the same part we left of from the blind raid on Saturday. Work comes first. Lol. I leveled up to 368/369. We should be able to get a group of six on gaf. I''l check for updates. Im down.

Zocano

My friends and I are slowly making our way up to the recommended light level and I was just wondering if it was worth it.

Quite good. Has its own feel which is the best thing about it.

Jinjo

Best raid since VoG, just maybe even better.

Top Bottom