• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dthomp

Would have been nice to finish the raid once this week :( Almost had it and during final DPS I had a teammate get infront of my Gjally and it did not end well for me and most likely cost us the kill. I am truly sorry Aksys and Co.

BLCKATK

Would have been nice to finish the raid once this week :( Almost had it and during final DPS I had a teammate get infront of my Gjally and it did not end well for me and most likely cost us the kill. I am truly sorry Aksys and Co.

Azys_ here,

Dthomp, you were on it all night teaching Luna and I the raid. It was truly a pleasure running with you man. I was getting too tired and making too many mistakes. I still had a blast, I still feel like the raid is awesome and it's totally going to go down. Just not tonight for me.

Raven117

Who else is old enough to remember when the best weapon in this game was the Galahad C, Cydonia and and the Shingen E
Yeah, than shingen e rocked some sheet back in early vanilla

Got a skeleton key, thought, yay! My artifact woes are over! Got a cloak. Feels bad.

MrDaravon

Who else is old enough to remember when the best weapon in this game was the Galahad C, Cydonia and and the Shingen E

Oh my gooooooood I had forgotten about those. Goddamn.

Also I think I'm already in maintenance mode with this game; the last week in the game has kind of highlighted a weird problem where a chunk of players are already at super endgame, 380+ and literally farming the raid already (I just looked and I now already have 3 people on my list at 20+ fucking completions) and I haven't been able to get in with any of the folks I've asked because they've already formed hard 6-man/woman parties for farming the raid which is crazy. Then most casual players are still stuck in the ~350ish treadmill, with another small chunk in the middle like me and others here in the 360s struggling to get groups or to clear the raid at all. It's a weird problem because other than smoothing out the LL grind in a few small ways I don't think it's too terrible really, and if they had NOT released the raid this past week a ton of people would have complained. I also do think it's a good idea that you can reach max LL without needing to do the Raid, but on the other hand that's resulting in people being 385+ before even touching the Raid.

It's not the game's fault or anything, but part of why I haven't messed with the game much the last several months is my work schedule is fucked, I work all nights including pretty much mandatory Friday through Sunday; I had to request this past weekend off months ago, and it was the first time I had any Friday, Saturday, OR Sunday day off in several months. So since I was unable to clear the raid this past weekend that was kind of my best shot barring trying to get a GAF or LFG group together at like 3am on a Wednesday or some crazy shit, so it's pretty much completely killed my motivation to play the raid or even complete it (got to the next to last checkpoint). On the other hand as I've mentioned on here before my #1 favorite thing in this game is just running around on Patrol doing missions and grabbing chests and whatnot, so another patrol area with new bounties along with the public events being significantly more profitable now will probably keep me playing in terms of hopping on regularly to do that stuff, but I have zero interest in just about anything else now. Got all of my characters to a solid 367/368, so I can just kind of cruise through doing the daily stuff and I'm not even going to worry about NF/CoE/Raiding at this point just because of time and scheduling considerations but it doesn't really matter either since I could (in theory) reach 400 LL doing other stuff and from faction packages. I'll probably just wind up doing the same thing I did when I switched from 360 to PS4 Destiny after a long absence and get carried through the raid months from now lol. I still never completed any of the full armor and weapon sets from any of the past raids, and trying to find a group to do say Normal VoG/CE for a chance at the normal-only ship drop has been impossible, and I'm still missing a ton of the King's Fall armor (I had absurdly bad luck with that) so at this point I'm not even worried about trying to get full Raid drops obtained either.

I do really hope they do something about Archon's Forge though; it's a total blast with a bunch of people, but I've only gotten that experience twice with a significant amount more time spent finding no one in the zone. With a bunch of players that thing is a total blast, crazy horde type stuff like that is where the game really shines.

I hope they do something about Iron Banner this time around. Just under 300 to 320 wasn't too bad, but 340-365 compared to people that are quickly approaching 390-400? It's going to be a bloodbath.

Ghazi

Oh my gooooooood I had forgotten about those. Goddamn.

Also I think I'm already in maintenance mode with this game; the last week in the game has kind of highlighted a weird problem where a chunk of players are already at super endgame, 380+ and literally farming the raid already (I just looked and I now already have 3 people on my list at 20+ fucking completions) and I haven't been able to get in with any of the folks I've asked because they've already formed hard 6-man/woman parties for farming the raid which is crazy. Then most casual players are still stuck in the ~350ish treadmill, with another small chunk in the middle like me and others here in the 360s struggling to get groups or to clear the raid at all. It's a weird problem because other than smoothing out the LL grind in a few small ways I don't think it's too terrible really, and if they had NOT released the raid this past week a ton of people would have complained. I also do think it's a good idea that you can reach max LL without needing to do the Raid, but on the other hand that's resulting in people being 385+ before even touching the Raid.

It's not the game's fault or anything, but part of why I haven't messed with the game much the last several months is my work schedule is fucked, I work all nights including pretty much mandatory Friday through Sunday; I had to request this past weekend off months ago, and it was the first time I had any Friday, Saturday, OR Sunday day off in several months. So since I was unable to clear the raid this past weekend that was kind of my best shot barring trying to get a GAF or LFG group together at like 3am on a Wednesday or some crazy shit, so it's pretty much completely killed my motivation to play the raid or even complete it (got to the next to last checkpoint). On the other hand as I've mentioned on here before my #1 favorite thing in this game is just running around on Patrol doing missions and grabbing chests and whatnot, so another patrol area with new bounties along with the public events being significantly more profitable now will probably keep me playing in terms of hopping on regularly to do that stuff, but I have zero interest in just about anything else now. Got all of my characters to a solid 367/368, so I can just kind of cruise through doing the daily stuff and I'm not even going to worry about NF/CoE/Raiding at this point just because of time and scheduling considerations but it doesn't really matter either since I could (in theory) reach 400 LL doing other stuff and from faction packages. I'll probably just wind up doing the same thing I did when I switched from 360 to PS4 Destiny after a long absence and get carried through the raid months from now lol. I still never completed any of the full armor and weapon sets from any of the past raids, and trying to find a group to do say Normal VoG/CE for a chance at the normal-only ship drop has been impossible, and I'm still missing a ton of the King's Fall armor (I had absurdly bad luck with that) so at this point I'm not even worried about trying to get full Raid drops obtained either.

I do really hope they do something about Archon's Forge though; it's a total blast with a bunch of people, but I've only gotten that experience twice with a significant amount more time spent finding no one in the zone. With a bunch of players that thing is a total blast, crazy horde type stuff like that is where the game really shines.
Posts this large are crimes against humanity.

molnizzle

I hope they do something about Iron Banner this time around. Just under 300 to 320 wasn't too bad, but 340-365 compared to people that are quickly approaching 390-400? It's going to be a bloodbath.

How are people ranking up that high anyway? My raid drops are always about the same light as I currently am. I've been stuck in the 365 range since Friday, I don't understand how to break past it.

Ran the raid with my warlock for a second time to get the chests and fragments I missed the first time. Solid group - we beat it under an hour and a half. Could be shorter than that, but we spent a chunk of time getting all the secret stuff.

I love this raid.

How are people ranking up that high anyway? My raid drops are always about the same light as I currently am. I've been stuck in the 365 range since Friday, I don't understand how to break past it.
If you've been hoarding motes and strange coins since launch, (some people had 7k+ stashed) you can easily power through faction packages.

molnizzle

If you've been hoarding motes and strange coins since launch, (some people had 7k+ stashed) you can easily power through faction packages.

Haven't, unfortunately.

What's the best method for grinding faction packages, just buy heavy ammo from Xur and turn it in? Any way to boost the rep gain or something?

vin-buc

Then most casual players are still stuck in the ~350ish treadmill, with another small chunk in the middle like me and others here in the 360s struggling to get groups or to clear the raid at all.

Lol - I'm a filthy casual at 356. I've been thinking about this issue as well. I'm putting in a lot of time into this game trying to really up the light for Iron Banner and ToO so I can thread beg to get a Ligthouse carry but still be the best I can. Come this Friday night the sweat will be so real in ToO. I'm afraid to look at my LL disadvantage in lobbies where I already have a hard time fighting off the rushing shotgunners - who will probably be LL's well above me. At least I have something to blame lol.

Kalamari

Debate was lame, they didn't even touch on the real important issues, like how OP Stormcallers are and how the majority of exotics are irrelevant.

Debate was lame, they didn't even touch on the real important issues, like how OP Stormcallers are and how the majority of exotics are irrelevant.

We need to build a wall around the last city and make the Fallen pay for it. After that we need to get the best and smartest people to make handcannons great again.

Wilde

Is my light level high enough for nightfall yet???

CtVdu2PUsAAbaFf.jpg

Finally got to 11 in the Yearbook. I was grinding Splicer keys and doors for about 45 minutes. I still have a few more non-raid milestones to fill out, but it's going to take some time. I have pretty bad luck finding people in Archon's Forge.

The Crucible stuff is all done, aside from the Trials and Iron Banner stuff. I can do the 5 Trials passages this weekend at least.

hydruxo

Finally beat
Aksis tonight! Got the Hunter helm and the auto rifle. I'm just glad Hunters finally got some good looking raid armor for once. Love the aesthetic of all the WotM armor. Plus the auto rifle is actually pretty damn good.

Top Bottom