• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Me and a friend still looking to raid on PS4. He's never done it and I've only gotten to the boss but not beat him, so I guess we're basically new. We're both 370.
PSN is Vincentgrey

I think it's funny peope talking about not buying it if the characters don't carry over. Do they even play Destiny? I'd almost prefer it really. Though either way is fine with me.

Edit: GOTY 2017. It's going to be huuuuuuge. Like CoD/GTA huge I think. As long as they keep it addicting and have the same great gameplay.

I'd be fine with it as well. I'd rather have fresh new material than still be bound to old habits (which I know I would do).

Hopefully that means they will overhaul the entire class and loot system. I feel like the way the classes are now , e.g. all the same with a different super, really puts constraints on what they can do with raids.

Yeah...I feel the classes could be done better. Give them a better path to make each one unique. "Oh I want to play a Defender Titan for various reasons, not just a bubble".

3 characters through the raid in under 4hrs lol. Almost have a full set of raid armor for my titan and hunter- missing one piece on each.

If you have good communication, and people don't die needlessly, the raid is pretty much a walk in the park. Not to mention a ton of fun.

Shinobi posting stuff that he knows and opinions of that(He's kinda insider? He knows people) in the other thread

Yea, it's coming to PC. From what I'm told the decision to restructure was made thanks to a major memory ceiling being reached on last gen with regard to the Rise of Iron expansion, which was set to launch in the spring, not fall. Bungie decided to push out D2 since it was behind and needed much more iteration, and took advantage of the Rise of Iron delays to use that as the content stop gap for the fall of this year.

Destiny 2 is being overhauled so that they can build upon it in the future without having to work within the frame work limitations that D1 setup. Right now, the way things play out, we have to introduce playspaces so that players can engage in systems or activities, but it creates a huge barrier that must be overcome on both the networking & design side so, they're going to do more open playspaces that incorporate towns, outposts, etc into more common areas. This means fewer hardlines for areas and having them be gated by menus. Goal is to have players conducting things & making activity decisions while still in control of their character, instead of having to exit out into an activity hub. Think of how in WoW, you hit a button and queue into activities you want to do all while still playing your character.

Major narrative changes are on board for D2. Both in terms of plot direction, pacing & structure. Major focus is going to be on the Cabal & Saturn. Saturn is a playspace is set to be bigger than all of the playspaces currently implemented in the game combined. This is in large part of the scale of playspaces being redesigned, so it'll be both bigger & denser with activities. There's a reason Guardians take the fight to Saturn.

Major changes to the engine are occurring. Their render tech has gone through some major iteration thanks in large part to getting to approach it without having last-gen as a limit. Because of this, they are still undecided what, if any, of Destiny's old content, both in terms of playspace, areas, Strikes & raids, will be available through D2. There is talk in possibly allowing D1 remain as its own client, which flies against how Destiny currently operates, where as the new content renders the old client & content obsolete.

Live team has been going through some iteration so that they may continue to support Destiny with content after a major content drop, but they are stuck between a rock & a hard place. The live team is trying to support a game running on an old engine with its older tools, whereas the bulk of development is on the engine framework & enjoying new tools. Because of this, the Live team is largely handcuffed, so don't really expect a whole lot of post-launch content for D1 in the next year.

However, starting with the launch of D2, we will see far more substantial content dropping in the time between yearly releases, as the game & engine & live team have all been planned to support that going forward. Team is aware that they need more substantial content throughout the year, not just at the end of it.

If they do drop D1 content, it likely won't be permanent - they might reintroduce areas in a more 'D2' fleshed out way. So we might lose temporary access to these places, then regain it or have to fight back for control of it at a later point in the plot. This means we'll get to see older areas or activities through the perspective of the newer content, which also means the older areas might expand considerably by the time we get back to them, since the design goal for playspaces is to now make them both way bigger & way denser with activities.

Bullet points:
New rendering tech
Because of this, old content is in the air on whether it will go forward
Able to access Strikes/PvP from being in game, not having to go through a menu(Think WoW and how they queue up)
Having towns that are stopgaps for networking
Major narrative changes in pacing and structure
The playspace will be much, much larger thanks to the tech they're working on
Live team is stuck 'between a rock and a hard place' with supporting Destiny, and working with the newer tech for D2
Content will be able to drop faster thanks to the new tools they have

Came back to this for the first time since House Of Wolves. Spent forever getting my character up from 26 to lvl 40 for ROI only to find I still need to get to light level 280!

So annoying. Got myself to 236 but still quite a way off. Any quick ways to level?

Some more info from shinobi.

Yea, it's coming to PC. From what I'm told the decision to restructure was made thanks to a major memory ceiling being reached on last gen with regard to the Rise of Iron expansion, which was set to launch in the spring, not fall. Bungie decided to push out D2 since it was behind and needed much more iteration, and took advantage of the Rise of Iron delays to use that as the content stop gap for the fall of this year.

Destiny 2 is being overhauled so that they can build upon it in the future without having to work within the frame work limitations that D1 setup. Right now, the way things play out, we have to introduce playspaces so that players can engage in systems or activities, but it creates a huge barrier that must be overcome on both the networking & design side so, they're going to do more open playspaces that incorporate towns, outposts, etc into more common areas. This means fewer hardlines for areas and having them be gated by menus. Goal is to have players conducting things & making activity decisions while still in control of their character, instead of having to exit out into an activity hub. Think of how in WoW, you hit a button and queue into activities you want to do all while still playing your character.

Major narrative changes are on board for D2. Both in terms of plot direction, pacing & structure. Major focus is going to be on the Cabal & Saturn. Saturn is a playspace is set to be bigger than all of the playspaces currently implemented in the game combined. This is in large part of the scale of playspaces being redesigned, so it'll be both bigger & denser with activities. There's a reason Guardians take the fight to Saturn.

Major changes to the engine are occurring. Their render tech has gone through some major iteration thanks in large part to getting to approach it without having last-gen as a limit. Because of this, they are still undecided what, if any, of Destiny's old content, both in terms of playspace, areas, Strikes & raids, will be available through D2. There is talk in possibly allowing D1 remain as its own client, which flies against how Destiny currently operates, where as the new content renders the old client & content obsolete.

Live team has been going through some iteration so that they may continue to support Destiny with content after a major content drop, but they are stuck between a rock & a hard place. The live team is trying to support a game running on an old engine with its older tools, whereas the bulk of development is on the engine framework & enjoying new tools. Because of this, the Live team is largely handcuffed, so don't really expect a whole lot of post-launch content for D1 in the next year.

However, starting with the launch of D2, we will see far more substantial content dropping in the time between yearly releases, as the game & engine & live team have all been planned to support that going forward. Team is aware that they need more substantial content throughout the year, not just at the end of it.

If they do drop D1 content, it likely won't be permanent - they might reintroduce areas in a more 'D2' fleshed out way. So we might lose temporary access to these places, then regain it or have to fight back for control of it at a later point in the plot. This means we'll get to see older areas or activities through the perspective of the newer content, which also means the older areas might expand considerably by the time we get back to them, since the design goal for playspaces is to now make them both way bigger & way denser with activities.

New races & factions are planned. No idea on whats happening with regards to classes however.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=218333036#post218333036

soultron

Banned
I think I got a "The Continental" (ROI Vanguard AR) that is essentially a god roll.
It has 2 perks that add stability, and the last perk makes the gun more accurate the longer it is fired. With a mag of 37 rounds, it's a crucible beast. Will post a screen later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What Bungie could do is since they have a normal and hard versions of raids they could have an easy one and have that one being match making. It should have less enemies, no enraging, bosses with much less hit points, etc.

I just want to give a shout out to Hawkian for all he does to help out the new and non-hardore Destiny players, like posting that progression guide. Running through Crota's End for the first time with him a couple of months ago is one of the best experiences I've had with this game.

Also whats the deal with Discord? Do you guys all use the app on your phone and use it to find fireteams or what?

I am brand new to Destiny. 2 of my other buddies just recently bought it for 8 bucks vanilla. Just gonna play that for awhile and then maybe hop into the bigger expansions. I need to check out this guide!!

What Bungie could do is since they have a normal and hard versions of raids they could have an easy one and have that one being match making. It should have less enemies, no enraging, bosses with much less hit points, etc.

Right. They can do that. They can tune the difficulty to have an easier mode for matchmaking, with reduced rewards. This helps casuals experience what the game has to offer, and leads to 'That was fun! And it gets more challenging with better rewards? I want to do that.'

Dunlop

Started playing after a long absence for this expansion.

Is there a particular reason that every strike I join is all hunters? I might have seen a warlock but have yet to see a titan in a half dozen strikes since last week (my main character is a warlock).

I don't know what I have to do to get a ghost to drop as I've done Nightfalls, Vanguard/Crucible/Faction Rank-up Packages (50 or so), and the Raid to no avail.

I could have all three characters at 380+ with a ghost drop.

It just seems like they pick one piece of gear and weight it incredibly low in the loot pool.

I'm swimming in class items but not a single ghost.

Questions about the new Raid
Do you DPS during the first and Second teleportation or do you only DPS during the 3rd and final Teleportation ?

We are having issues in getting back into the right position after we are having our damn Empowered buff switched to another player. we tried DPSing on all 3 teleportations but we are thinking about just only focus on moving the buffed players into right position before we even consider doing any DPS during the 2 first teleportations

Is it suppose to just move to another player randomly? Sometimes we have had this Empowered buff and then when you are about to land on the damn boss the player loses his empowered buff to another player... this makes it impossible to stun the boss.

Top Bottom