• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems like Nightfall yields the highest% of the getting the highest light item. Rank up packages next, raid and lastly the Forge.

Toki767

Destiny 2 is sounding nice, but Destiny 1 sounded amazing before the game came out too lol.

I wonder if Saturn will be the only area at launch.

Is hoarding legendary engrams the right move until one hits 365?

As far as I know, legendary engrams don't decrypt above 365.

Deku Tree

Destiny 2 on PC will be BAD.

Way too many aimbots and God snipers that I will not deal with in PvP.

PS4 Pro all the way.

FTFY

Yeah I am not convinced that Bungie knows how to handle the PC audience, and they have shown that they have no desire to throw down massive ban hammers like say Overwatch does.

Legendary engrams cap at 365 so that is about the worst move that you could make. Hoard them until you hit 350. Then use all of them one at a time.

Legendary and blues can decrypt into Exotics with higher than 365 light ;)... Its a long shot to get them to drop but it happens hihi

Toki767

I had a legendary engram decrpyt into an 387 exotic.

When Bungie patches the cap, are all items above 385 light going to drop down to 385?

It'd would be pretty crappy since you know they're probably planning to raise the cap to 400 or so in a few months anyway.

FTFY

Yeah I am not convinced that Bungie knows how to handle the PC audience, and they have shown that they have no desire to throw down massive ban hammers like say Overwatch does.

They should though. Man it's great that Blizzard banned thousands of hackers with no remorse when it came to Overwatch. You had people saying 'But..isn't that a bit too harsh?'.

Bungie should do the same. 1 strike rule.

HMD

When Bungie patches the cap, are all items above 385 light going to drop down to 385?

It'd would be pretty crappy since you know they're probably planning to raise the cap to 400 or so in a few months anyway.

My friend has some 389 gear, why do we have a cap again?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Destiny 2 is sounding nice, but Destiny 1 sounded amazing before the game came out too lol.

I wonder if Saturn will be the only area at launch.

As far as I know, legendary engrams don't decrypt above 365.

They cap off at 365.

Legendary engrams cap at 365 so that is about the worst move that you could make. Hoard them until you hit 350. Then use all of them one at a time.

Ah ok. Off to the tower I go. Thanks guys.

Deku Tree

My friend has some 389 gear, why do we have a cap again?

There is no 385 cap for NF rewards, exotic engrams, or Faction rank ups. The cap seems to be 400. If you have 6000 strange coins and want to spend three days of your life sitting in the tower donating heavy synth to a faction after buying it from Xur then you can get yourself three 400 LL characters right now (once you upgrade your artifact).

Jblanks

Shinobi posting stuff that he knows and opinions of that(He's kinda insider? He knows people) in the other thread

Bullet points:
New rendering tech
Because of this, old content is in the air on whether it will go forward
Able to access Strikes/PvP from being in game, not having to go through a menu(Think WoW and how they queue up)
Having towns that are stopgaps for networking
Major narrative changes in pacing and structure
The playspace will be much, much larger thanks to the tech they're working on
Live team is stuck 'between a rock and a hard place' with supporting Destiny, and working with the newer tech for D2
Content will be able to drop faster thanks to the new tools they have

Good stuff.
For the better.

HMD

There is no 385 cap for NF rewards, exotic engrams, or Faction rank ups. The cap seems to be 400. If you have 6000 strange coins and want to spend three days of your life sitting in the tower donating heavy synth to a faction after buying it from Xur then you can get yourself three 400 LL characters right now (once you upgrade your artifact).

Considering this is the last expansion and Bungie is considering dropping our characters current progress for Destiny 2. It would be stupid not to use your strange coins now. If only I hadn't wasted all my coins in TTK's launch.

Deku Tree

Considering this is the last expansion and Bungie is considering dropping our characters current progress for Destiny 2. It would be stupid not to use your strange coins now. If only I hadn't wasted all my coins in TTK's launch.

Well I have 3x 370 characters and that seems fine for the NM Raid and I have no interest in sitting in the tower holding square for forever.

Honestly just think about the mess if you could bring stuff like Strange Coins forward.

It just isn't healthy to a game to immediately be able to 'purchase' gear or guns locked behind currency systems like Strange Coins, the second Xur has them. There's a reason why WoW has historically reset currency(Aside from Gold) each expansion, to prevent this from happening.

I'm all for leaving Y1 behind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well I have 3x 370 characters and that seems fine for the NM Raid and I have no interest in sitting in the tower holding square for forever.

Holding square does nothing. You have to hold x.

Where is my buddy Xur!? I put his kids through college last week. I'll put his grand kids through college this week.

Frostburn

Need to do the Nightfall, then grind out some Heroic Strikes (Sitting at 359LL) I'd really love to run the raid this week, looks fun!

PSN: US-Frostburn

Why do people like this scout? I got one and it still didn't feel as good as my Cocytus with firefly

I got a Keystone from a faction package and without leveling it at all...I think it's pretty damn good. It has higher impact (and range) than the OG Hung Jury. It's awesome for using as basically a sniper rifle so far. I'm actually using it in favor of hung jury at the moment but I sure am missing Firefly.

Counterbalance + Braced Frame - ORS1 sights (as in anything but ORS1 sights)

what is your roll?

Danger Close and Grenadier :( Took me 3 skeleton keys to get too.

Btw, anyone have any idea why the weekly crucible quest from Shaxx isnt showing up? Did the Glory and the taking of it and got a Matador @320, what else do I need to trigger it?

vin-buc

Danger Close and Grenadier :( Took me 3 skeleton keys to get too.

Btw, anyone have any idea why the weekly crucible quest from Shaxx isnt showing up? Did the Glory and the taking of it and got a Matador @320, what else do I need to trigger it?

I got a Grasp of Malok when I was playing Omnigul on Saturday. After a few farms - we finished up the strike and I used a skeleton key. I found it in the postmaster. It has Perfect Balance, Counter Balance and Glass half full (more damage in bottom of clip). I can't stop using it - very happy. Feel like that's a beast roll.

LiK

I got a Grasp of Malok when I was playing Omnigul on Saturday. After a few farms - we finished up the strike and I used a skeleton key. I found it in the postmaster. It has Perfect Balance, Counter Balance and Glass half full (more damage in bottom of clip). I can't stop using it - very happy. Feel like that's a beast roll.

all i got was a Warlock Bond from the chest. such BS. no gun.

My interpretation of our character moving forward is possibly our looks and grimoire would go forward. Not any items or armor.

And the story would reflect that we did all that epic stuff we have done so far.

vin-buc

all i got was a Warlock Bond from the chest. such BS. no gun.

Sorry man - kinda sucks. I don't have a lot of good things.

Except for the exotic quests in RoI - 99% of my exotics I bought when Xur sold them. It makes me feel cheap and a lesser guardian (I know that probably sounds weird).

LiK

Sorry man - kinda sucks. I don't have a lot of good things.

Except for the exotic quests in RoI - 99% of my exotics I bought when Xur sold them. It makes me feel cheap and a lesser guardian (I know that probably sounds weird).

i'm just salty cuz people kept getting it from the chest so easily from what i read. i was expecting it. lol

Top Bottom