• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Iorv3th

FUCK MY INTERNET. Just got it figured iut got the monitor and chest and got disconnected right when I was
looking at the loot and emblem

kidko

Well, after griping about the grind i actually had a good night. Just a couple hours but ended up at 355 from 353, and with a bunch of new legendaries, including an AF cloak that looks all shredded and punk. Yay. Creeping up there.

how the hell you get the thorn quest?

I got it earlier today, it only appears in your quests randomly when you turn in a Iron Lord bounty quest to Shiro - he offers 4 per week, they are stuff like do 10 patrols in plaguelands, kill stuff in archon forge, etc and each gives 500 Vanguard rep. You'll know you have it when you have a quest that has you go talk to Eris Morn, then you have to do the new ROI strike in 320 mode, then kill a bunch of fallen, etc.

Zocano

I think it's kind of a bummer that the solution was "given" through an arg and not just cryptic bullshit in the game. Like if it was Oryx's b-ball court but actually leading to somewhere.

Well that was an awesome round of the ol destiny. Did some archion forge with randoms, netted 2 LL worth of upgrades, and finally scored an MIDA Multitool.

lt519

Man progress is slow after 365, especially if you have an Artifact holding you back. Ooh well, 368 will have to be raid ready enough for now. Can't wait to try it out Friday.

Man Dattos really stressing out.

The
answers
probably inside the raid itself, or atleast a better
clue.

This rush for getting world first isn't healthy datto, Kappa

soultron

Banned
It's pretty clear they need to all be on the correct answer first, I don't know why datto keeps trying stuff on his own.

Someone make a spreadsheet. They would have saved so much time by running this through a spreadsheet, honestly.

So I've been playing crucible - mostly Rift. I've popped 4 3ofC's and got 3 exotics: Helmet, Chest, Special.

That's a pretty good ratio. The Helmet decrypted to 359 (arachnid). My current light is 356. Haven't decrypted the chest, special yet. Just mentioning this in case anyone wanna give it a shot.
I wouldn't be decrypting those right now...once you get to 365 you'll hit a wall where you can't get higher via blue drops. Exotics will go beyond that though. So best to wait and use them after you get to 365 through blues.

Can somebody explain this Datto stuff?

They found something utilizing the monitors found in the raid
Did something with Hunter/Warlock/Titan
Get a Siva Engine that's charged
and are now trying to find out the correct number combination for the engine. The catch is you have to do it with 5 other people at the same time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's pretty clear they need to all be on the correct answer first, I don't know why datto keeps trying stuff on his own.

Someone make a spreadsheet. They would have saved so much time by running this through a spreadsheet, honestly.

They should really have the other two people share their stuff too, this would be so much easier to code :lol

Smiley90

I think the other people have different numbers in the first node? Meaning it would be a different solution for each engine.

Yeah but if we had everyone's info it'd be easier to get to everyone's answers. We only see 1/3 of the puzzle on Datto's stream

Smiley90

you should probably start spoiler tagging

yeah I'm watching the stream too

I guess the game kind of was wacky, they had the answer like 15mins ago but it somehow didn't activate for everyone? weird :lol

HYPE NEXT STEP HYPE

Rezbit

So I feel like my LL progression has fallen off a cliff. I'm level 355, most of my gear is 357, but I'm being screwed by my 350 ghost and 351 titan artifact. It's making most of my gear pop up at 355 :\

Any tips for getting ghosts/artifacts, or hope my RNG improves?

Smiley90

So I feel like my LL progression has fallen off a cliff. I'm level 355, most of my gear is 357, but I'm being screwed by my 350 ghost and 351 titan artifact. It's making most of my gear pop up at 355 :\

Raid drops artifact at 365, same for gear&weapons. So...... raid. then the only thing to hold you back will be ghost...

Ghost will kind of hold you back...

you should probably start spoiler tagging

yeah I'm watching the stream too

I guess the game kind of was wacky, they had the answer like 15mins ago but it somehow didn't activate for everyone? weird :lol

HYPE NEXT STEP HYPE

It feels there's a number of combinations, but the whole fireteams total has to be 0? Or 80. One or the other, not really paying attention to what they're saying.

So I feel like my LL progression has fallen off a cliff. I'm level 355, most of my gear is 357, but I'm being screwed by my 350 ghost and 351 titan artifact. It's making most of my gear pop up at 355 :

Ghost will be random drop. Hit the sepsis perfected strike on hard (320 one) from yhe editor, and pray for RGN. Artifact, best way is to farm CoO and raise your rep with Eris. She will give you an artifact on rank up

Rezbit

Raid drops artifact at 365, same for gear&weapons. So...... raid. then the only thing to hold you back will be ghost...

Ghost will kind of hold you back...

Yeah keen to do the raid, worried that I'll be a liability with this LL though haha.

Ghost will be random drop. Hit the sepsis perfected strike on hard (320 one) from yhe editor, and pray for RGN. Artifact, best way is to farm CoO and raise your rep with Eris. She will give you an artifact on rank up

Thanks for the tips, sucks about the ghost haha.

I just realized

The reason Bungie brought back Thorn and Gjallahorn for this expansion is because they're finally leaving them(And everything else behind) for destiny 2.

Smiley90

Yeah keen to do the raid, worried that I'll be a liability with this LL though haha.

Thanks for the tips, sucks about the ghost haha.

you'll be fine up to the last boss. Good gear drops before that already so you can just run that if you want.

Why is Nightstalker in PvE so much fun?

Rolling around with a sword slicing and dicing fools and then launching an arc storm across the room, then rolling back into cover with just a sliver of health remaining like a fucking boss.

Throwing down vanish in smoke to stealthily pop a heavy synth and then go behind enemy lines to revive a fallen comrade

Rolling into a room and launching a brilliant arrow of void light to tether a wave of adds and then throwing a grenade and watching them all go up into the air like a synchronized swimming team. And then your fireteam compliments you for the nice tether while they collect all the orbs you've created.

Wearing the sexiest Hunter exotic and matching with just about anything.

qVfupd0.gif

I fucking love my Nightstalker.

Why is Nightstalker in PvE so much fun?

Rolling into a room and launching a brilliant arrow of void light to tether a wave of adds and then throwing a grenade and watching them all go up into the air like a synchronized swimming team. And then your fireteam compliments you for the nice tether while they collect all the orbs you've created.

Oh yeah, related

Hunters in WoW now have a Void Arrow that tethers, too.

It's pretty great.

I want a Destiny game that takes place on Azeroth..

janoDX

I just realized

The reason Bungie brought back Thorn and Gjallahorn for this expansion is because they're finally leaving them(And everything else behind) for destiny 2.

Why not Ice Breaker? They could just add more time to the bullet recovery and it would balance itself out.

Smiley90

so there are still 12k people watching Datto complete the quest

at midnight/3am NA time.

on a Tuesday.

Top Bottom