• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

This is probably not going to get much exposure since it is a long ass video and everyone is freaking out about other stuff, but i'd like to share my first trials run with Drizzay back in November. It's 5 hours long so pull up a seat, make some popcorn and enjoy the show. If you need extra encouragement, Dan Miller from Bungie guest stars at the end and we do a Q and A session with him. I posted this here a while ago but I think it is a bit more relevant now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqINAFbpzs

Coxy100

Banned
Not played Destiny since early 2015 and only the base game. Tempted to get 'The Collection'.

I'm level 30 with a light level of 133. (PS4)

Questions...

1) Good player base still?
2) Will it take me a long time to catch up I guess?
3) I have the legendary gjallarhorn - but I remember reading 'year 1' weapons wouldn't come across - will I lose that then? (151 attack)

Not played Destiny since early 2015 and only the base game. Tempted to get 'The Collection'.

Questions...

3) I have the legendary gjallarhorn - but I remember reading 'year 1' weapons wouldn't come across - will I lose that then? (151 attack)

1. Yes
2. Depends on how much time you're willing to invest. But direct answer: no
3. As you progress you'll find higher light guns. Vault your Gally.

raindoc

Questions...

1) yes
2) no, you'll get a boost to lvl 40 if you get RoI
3) you won't loose the G'horn, but it will be underpowered. However, everyone who has RoI can complete a imo relatively short quest line to get a year 3 G'Horn.

JJShadow

Failed twice with Perfect Offering. Why do I get shitty randoms who keep dying. The dunno how to hide at all. What a waste of time.

I'd save the Perfected Offerings and use them only when you're in a fireteam with people you know are good AND there are like 6-7 players in total doing AF. Perfected ones are no joke, and even with a group of 6 people using supers like hell it took us quite a long team to down the final boss

Zakalwe

Banned
Failed twice with Perfect Offering. Why do I get shitty randoms who keep dying. The dunno how to hide at all. What a waste of time.

Put a group together here at peak time. Every time I have we've blitzed the perfects. Just make sure at least half the team is high 60s and you'll be fine.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I knew that thing before final room had to do something. They wouldn't put something like that in for nothing. It looks like the raid artifact too.

Fresh raid 374 titan and a 370 Titan, have cleared the raid before looking for some hunters if possible and of course the pulse rifle anyone down?

Deku Tree

Sucks that you have to find a Hunter, a Warlock, and a Titan to do that quest together. It's an arbitrary restriction that makes the quest too hard to complete IMHO. Dunno if I'll be able to do it.

oSoLucky

Sucks that you have to find a Hunter, a Warlock, and a Titan to do that quest together. It's an arbitrary restriction that makes the quest too hard to complete IMHO. Dunno if I'll be able to do it.

Do all 3 have to have the quest? I'm thinking about forming a group to go for it in a bit.

Is getting 11 three of coins rewards still a thing for completing the Nightfall? :mad:

I got 10 and a blue engram yesterday.

Hzoltan69

I'd like to put together a raid for the Siva Engine quest 8-10 hours from now (7pm gmt or later).

In order for this to be painless, I'd like to team up with people who have already completed the raid and are 371 LL or higher.

1. Hzoltan969 (376, any class)

oSoLucky

I'd like to put together a raid for the Siva Engine quest 8-10 hours from now (7pm gmt or later).

In order for this to be painless, I'd like to team up with people who have already completed the raid and are 371 LL or higher.

Count me in as always. 375 on Warlock, 374 on others.

neoism

soo whats going on i start destiny it gets stuck on the connecting

then says some error ynable to connect to psn but i can see my friends list and can go to the storeE.??

anyone else????

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to do the raid pulse rifle quest if you don't finish the raid in a single sitting? The monitor/laser state seems like that kind of thing that might not be persisted if you leave and come back to it.

Born2Live

I have a 370 Warlock I can bring. Come close to killing second form of final boss but our group didn't have enough DPS so I know the mechanics of the fight if that's okay.

Ty

Damn the Destiny hunger is real...

Anyone want to set up an Outbreak Prime Pulse rifle run today that's willing to take some raid 1st timers through? 365ish Hunter and would love to make my first run as meaningful as possible.

raindoc

Still looking for someone to raid with. or do a nightfall.

Damn the Destiny hunger is real...

Anyone want to set up an Outbreak Prime Pulse rifle run today that's willing to take some raid 1st timers through? 365ish Hunter and would love to make my first run as meaningful as possible.

I feel you

I'm down.
We cleared it together the other day.
Outlaw_Omega 373 hunter.

soo whats going on i start destiny it gets stuck on the connecting

then says some error ynable to connect to psn but i can see my friends list and can go to the storeE.??

anyone else????

I had a similar thing, where it connected but gave me a weasel error as soon as I picked my character. Over and over again. Restarting the PS4 fixed it for me.

371. I beat th raid three twice now. I can be a Titan or Warlock.

Still looking for someone to raid with. or do a nightfall.

I feel you

Right!? So much of the community is blowing through the RoI content so fast it's hard to play catch up lol. I was waiting wanting to do a blind raid run but this.... i need this type of challenge in my life stat! I almost wish it was part of the normal raid.

Whelp, regardless... i'll jump in anywhere for a raid and pulse rifle run lol!

LiK

I'd save the Perfected Offerings and use them only when you're in a fireteam with people you know are good AND there are like 6-7 players in total doing AF. Perfected ones are no joke, and even with a group of 6 people using supers like hell it took us quite a long team to down the final boss

Put a group together here at peak time. Every time I have we've blitzed the perfects. Just make sure at least half the team is high 60s and you'll be fine.

yea, i'll save them for Gaffers now. I was checking the randoms' LL and they were all above 360 so I expected them to be able to do okay. I'm only 350 and I didn't even die until I was trying to revive them. Ah well, next time. I wanna complete the Archon Forge Bounty soon. I completed a Perfect Offering previously as a lowly 345 with Zoba and 5 other randoms before. That was fun.

Shito

Yeah, really not a fan of this restriction, especially since that part only asks for mundane and boring tasks out of such a precise fireteam...
Not really motivated to get that gun, this ain't no Black Spindle fun!

No shit. Watch them bring back the old raids and raid weapons in April.
Yes please. Please, yes, please.
But we were saying the exact same thing last year, so I'm not too hopeful...

Zakalwe

Banned
yea, i'll save them for Gaffers now. I was checking the randoms' LL and they were all above 360 so I expected them to be able to do okay. I'm only 350 and I didn't even die until I was trying to revive them. Ah well, next time. I wanna complete the Archon Forge Bounty soon. I completed a Perfect Offering previously as a lowly 345 with Zoba and 5 other randoms before. That was fun.

If you're around tomorrow evening (7pm gmt), my friend and I will be chaining offerings. You're more than welcome to join us.

I had arms and a primary below 380 infuse to 382 when using a 381 item. Wat.

It seems to do that every couple of light levels for me too. It's always just a 1 extra light jump in my experience though. Must be some weird rounding thing that finally rolls over after a few infusions or something?

Namikaze1

We need two more for a Pulse Quest raid run on PS4. I would prefer WotM vets since I only have less than 3 hours to do this. PSN is namikaze1.

Born2Live

Count me in as always. 375 on Warlock, 374 on others.

I have a 370 Warlock I can bring. Come close to killing second form of final boss but our group didn't have enough DPS so I know the mechanics of the fight if that's okay.

Ty

I'm down.
We cleared it together the other day.
Outlaw_Omega 373 hunter.

371. I beat th raid three twice now. I can be a Titan or Warlock.

LiffeyNinja, 377 warlock, 375 titan or 373 hunter.

I make that 6.

LiK

If you're around tomorrow evening (7pm gmt), my friend and I will be chaining offerings. You're more than welcome to join us.

cool, i think i'll need to add you back to my list. i did a major purge a few months ago and a lot of Destiny guys got deleted since it's been a year and i was adding people for Overwatch.

Zakalwe

Banned
cool, i think i'll need to add you back to my list. i did a major purge a few months ago and a lot of Destiny guys got deleted since it's been a year and i was adding people for Overwatch.

I wasn't active for twice that, useless having me there anyway. Do it!

Top Bottom