• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I applied to the Xbox Club DestinyGAF and sent a message to Lee on XBL but haven't been accepted in yet. Just thought I'd post in here, was going to try the LFG in that to find some groups to play with as well.

i'm good with people telling me exactly what to do before we start so we can get it done quickly. i just wanna experience the visuals and locations fresh.

Then you're solid. You can't miss the visuals, lol. It's pretty striking (unlike Crota and Oryx) IMHO. When people are running around looking for SIVA fragments and Exotic chests, just do your own thing without crossing into a new section. Area separations are pretty obvious.

Number45

Is it possible to do A Symbol of Honor on your own? It's hard as hell for me to do. I'm at LL 345.
Part of the Gally chain right? I did the whole line solo and I don't think I was much if any higher than that. I was using defender though, which probably helped in tight spaces.

I've charted my leveling with Sepkis strikes to about 2-4 total light levels per hour of strikes = 4-6 strikes.

I'm not even doing the Sepiks thing. I don't want to burn out on fresh content too quickly.

My wife, a friend, and I did the Crisis playlist for about an hour. Then we did the nightfall, then we did some Forge.

LiK

Then you're solid. You can't miss the visuals, lol. It's pretty striking (unlike Crota and Oryx) IMHO. When people are running around looking for SIVA fragments and Exotic chests, just do your own thing without crossing into a new section. Area separations are pretty obvious.

invite me if you need one. i prefer playing with guys i know here for my first time.

LiK

Is it possible to do A Symbol of Honor on your own? It's hard as hell for me to do. I'm at LL 345.

Part of the Gally chain right? I did the whole line solo and I don't think I was much if any higher than that. I was using defender though, which probably helped in tight spaces.

totally doable solo. i was 340 (or below iirc) and had no trouble with the entire questline. it was the first mission i did right after i finished the main campaign.

Tjamato88

totally doable solo. i was 340 (or below iirc) and had no trouble with the entire questline. it was the first mission i did right after i finished the main campaign.

I'll give it another shot tonight but it was kicking my ass. I just kept getting surrounded by all the enemies.

Kyne

It seems like most people want you to already know everything. Which is weird because it only takes a short explanation and a few tries to understand it. It's not a very complicated raid.
Not to mention that everyone has their own strategies, so you're going to have to explain things anyways.

It's only been out a week. People need to relax.

I think a lot of people are jaded about the 6-8 hour newbie raids in TTK.

This raid doesn't seem that hard. People do in fact need to relax.

I'll give it another shot tonight but it was kicking my ass. I just kept getting surrounded by all the enemies.

The circle you have to stay in is pretty big, and you can actually leave the circle,for a few seconds at least, without anything bad happening. That might give you enough time to circle the adds and recover health?

I had a stormcaller so that was useful to clear adds about 1/3rd through. The last half was quieter.

I think a lot of people are jaded about the 6-8 hour newbie raids in TTK.

This raid doesn't seem that hard. People do in fact need to relax.
This raid is far simpler than TTK but only if your team has good communication. I've been in a couple groups where people either can't communicate clearly or don't even speak at all! It's so frustrating. If you're going to raid, have and use your mic.

I've beaten the raid quite a few times so far and the groups that communicate the best are the ones that have finished fastest and with less issues, if any at all.

spyder_ur

Haven't done the new quest or anything yet, but just wanted to point out how freaking cool it is that this is a game with the best FPS gameplay on the market, yet it also features a crowdsourced puzzle which involved knowledge of binary and whatever else.

Glad the Raid Secret maniacs got some payoff with this one.

Glad the Raid Secret maniacs got some payoff with this one.
Ditto. They needed this haha

Edit: crap top of page. Panic screenshot.

N1DblMN.jpg

LiK

Think that's the one where you need to defend the A/B spawn points on Bannerfall. Definitely one of the tougher quests in the chain, but very possible solo.

oh, that part wasn't too bad. i cleared out all the enemies first and then initiate the Ghost scan. for the first bomb, i just stood on it and the exploding shanks never got to me. the second bomb was trickier cuz the shanks arrive from above as well as below. i had to move around but being a Defender Titan with Saint helm made it pretty easy.

If the community at large is okay with this, I will copyover the first post and link to the remainder of the tribute.

I did my best ;________;
Good idea. I doubt anyone here will object to continuing the tribute, especially considering how quickly this thread has progressed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Newbie raids for WotM are coming soon, guys, and will not require any prior knowledge at all nor particularly stringent LL requirements. Please bear this in mind and play at your own pace. Rushing because you feel like you have to keep up to get groups is a recipe for burnout, and there are clearly a substantial number of you who feel this way at the moment (lke they're getting "left behind"). Consider this- you'll be solid groupmates for one another down the line, if you just keep playing as much as you want, doing what you want.

There is plenty of time. You will not miss out.

Newbie raids for WotM are coming soon, guys, and will not require any prior knowledge at all nor particularly stringent LL requirements. Please bear this in mind and play at your own pace. Rushing because you feel like you have to keep up to get groups is a recipe for burnout, and there are clearly a substantial number of you who feel this way at the moment (lke they're getting "left behind"). Consider this- you'll be solid groupmates for one another down the line, if you just keep playing as much as you want, doing what you want.

What light level would you want us to be?

oSoLucky

yea, i'm a quick learner. i played every raid underleveled with my old raid crew. altho i don't believe they play together anymore or i'm too behind to join up. i keep hearing this new one is easy and quick.

LiK, add me. KC_Darkness. I just ran the raid up to the final boss with 3 guys who were in the 350s. I don't mind running with someone who's under level anytime.

LiK

LiK, add me. KC_Darkness. I just ran the raid up to the final boss with 3 guys who were in the 350s. I don't mind running with someone who's under level anytime.

cool, will do. i'm a Titan if anyone was wondering. haven't really invested in my other classes but i have found better gear for them with my Titan.

Can I RSVP 3 slots for the first one. :p

Myself, the wife, and JP on the forums here are trying to break our way in soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I gotta work on my alts tonight. Maybe I wont neglect my warlock so much this expansion.

Crazy thing is I haven't touched either of them and I know I can get them both to ~365 instantly. notbad.jpg

I gotta work on my alts tonight. Maybe I wont neglect my warlock so much this expansion.

Crazy thing is I haven't touched either of them and I know I can get them both to ~365 instantly. notbad.jpg
The exotic pulse + the Ophidian Aspect Warlock exotic gloves should have some stupidly silly reloading speeds.

I'd like to put together a chill group for the raid (Exotic Quest included) this evening at 7pm Irish Time (Three hours from now). LL 365 should be good enough to get it done, and it's totally fine if you haven't done it before.

1. Ninja_Kn1ght

Top Bottom