• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Number45

Do any of the raid encounters require (or at least heavily favour) a particular class or subclass? I have all three but up to now I've only been levelling my titan.

Trying to stay spoiler free, so if you could be non-specific in response I'd appreciate it!

they were OP though
That wasn't because of the elements, it was because the weapons were just good.

Let's be real here. Did you use Fatebringer for arc, or did you use it for outlaw and firefly?

Pretty sure most people I've heard talk about this said they used it because of the stats and perks, not the element.

Hell, people would farm Imago Loop for the exact roll Fatebringer had because it felt like Fatebringer.

I used VoC because it had insane stability and was a damn good gun. I would use it just as much if it didn't have solar on it.

Ambitious

If you're around tomorrow evening (7pm gmt), my friend and I will be chaining offerings. You're more than welcome to join us.

cool, i think i'll need to add you back to my list. i did a major purge a few months ago and a lot of Destiny guys got deleted since it's been a year and i was adding people for Overwatch.

I still have a few Archon Forge bounties to do, and I haven't even started playing RoI stuff with my Titan yet. So if you're down for AF, feel free to send me a message/invite. I'm usually playing in the evening (GMT).

Marvel

could never
Shit is moving way too fast in this game. At this rate we'll find and go through all the content in a month.
9MoRir2.jpg

Hzoltan69

It seems we are full.

So, fresh raid for the Siva Engine quest starting after 7pm gmt.

1. Hzoltan969 (376, any class)
2. oSoLucky (374-375, any class)
3. Ty_84 (370 Warlock)
4. Outlaw_Omega (373 hunter)
5. Darryl M R (371 Titan or Warlock)
6. LiffeyNinja (377 warlock, 375 titan or 373 hunter)

I will create a group on PSN shortly for further discussion.

Kensuke

Got a small group ready for a fresh WotM raid. Mainly to get the monitors and get the exotic quest. We're looking to start in about an hour, earlier if we get some people. We're all 370+.

1. PSN: Wretched_Walrus
2. Buddy 1
3. Buddy 2

This is probably not going to get much exposure since it is a long ass video and everyone is freaking out about other stuff, but i'd like to share my first trials run with Drizzay back in November. It's 5 hours long so pull up a seat, make some popcorn and enjoy the show. If you need extra encouragement, Dan Miller from Bungie guest stars at the end and we do a Q and A session with him. I posted this here a while ago but I think it is a bit more relevant now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjqINAFbpzs

Will watch this. I just thought that I'd reply now, because there's a good chance I'll forget by the time I'm finished.

oSoLucky

Got a small group ready for a fresh WotM raid. Mainly to get the monitors and get the exotic quest. We're looking to start in about an hour, earlier if we get some people. We're all 370+.

2. Buddy 1
3. Buddy 2

I can come. Will be home in 15 minutes. PSN is KC_Darkness. Either 375 or 374.

Blunoise

2. Buddy 1
3. Buddy 2
I want to do the quest as well. 370 warlock psn blunoise1

Bloodsent

2. Buddy 1
3. Buddy 2
I will join you.
PSN Bloodsent

LiK

i feel like i can't join any groups here unless i spoil myself for the raid. i don't mind knowing strats beforehand. just don't wanna spoil the visuals, tbh.

i feel like i can't join any groups here unless i spoil myself for the raid. i don't mind knowing strats beforhand. just don't wanna spoil the visuals, tbh.

It seems like most people want you to already know everything. Which is weird because it only takes a short explanation and a few tries to understand it. It's not a very complicated raid.
Not to mention that everyone has their own strategies, so you're going to have to explain things anyways.

It's only been out a week. People need to relax.

LiK

It seems like most people want you to already know everything. Which is weird because it only takes a short explanation and a few tries to understand it. It's not a very complicated raid.
Not to mention that everyone has their own strategies, so you're going to have to explain things anyways.

yea, i'm a quick learner. i played every raid underleveled with my old raid crew. altho i don't believe they play together anymore or i'm too behind to join up. i keep hearing this new one is easy and quick.

So what is left to discover in this expansion? Have all the clusters been found? All the exotic quests? Is there anything the community is still exploring?

It's only been out a week. People need to relax.

Same issues for me as well. Raid veteran here but wanted to go into WotM blind initially... saw that the exotic quest is actually "in the raid" and thought it all being my first experience with WotM would make it much more meaningful and interesting. But, everyone on every LFG or message board wants 370+ people who have previous experience.

I feel like you could have a 370 player who knows the raid perform a lot worse that a potential 360+ player who doesnt etc.

Would love to prove that theory to a group :)

i feel like i can't join any groups here unless i spoil myself for the raid. i don't mind knowing strats beforehand. just don't wanna spoil the visuals, tbh.

You should be fine, just let the group know it's your first time. Most PUG's will be fine doing a dry run at each phase anyway. Both times I've gone through there was at least one n00b. We let them run ahead and everyone was kind of quite. After the first wipe the mechanics were explained and it didn't take up too much time.

I'm doing a raid on Saturday, with 2 other gaffers. If you want you can join. I don't think they'll mind explaining thing either.

But in general, I don't most will mind unless they want a quick raid. Just let them know, it's your first time.

LiK

You should be fine, just let the group know it's your first time. Most PUG's will be fine doing a dry run at each phase anyway. Both times I've gone through there was at least one n00b. We let them run ahead and everyone was kind of quite. After the first wipe the mechanics were explained and it didn't take up too much time.

i'm good with people telling me exactly what to do before we start so we can get it done quickly. i just wanna experience the visuals and locations fresh.

I'm doing a raid on Saturday, with 2 other gaffers. If you want you can join. I don't think they'll mind explaining thing either.

But in general, I don't most will mind unless they want a quick raid. Just let them know, it's your first time.

i'm only 350 atm so might be while if my drops continue to be shit.

Top Bottom