• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

glaurung

whats the best way of doing the golly cm mode, two phases? should be enough no?
If you have enough DPS, two phases is very doable.
  1. Kill phase adds.
  2. Titan pops Weapons of Light down in a doorway.
  3. All players except for the gaze-taker gather in the bubble.
  4. Gaze-taker shoots down the ooze bubble and gets the gaze while standing on the left-hand crates.
  5. Second gaze-taker runs out when first gaze timer hits 10 seconds. The second gaze-taker takes the gaze from the right-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge when the time is about to elapse.
  6. The second gaze-taker jumps to the left-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge and runs to the entrance while shooting down the ogre's orbs.
  7. All other gaze-takers form an orderly queue on the right-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge and repeat what the second gaze-taker did.
  8. Last gaze-taker will need help shooting down ogre's orbs.
  9. Repeat.
  10. Done.
Agree of the gaze-taking order beforehand if you have to. Communication is key.

If all goes well, you'll have the ogre's health whittled down to less than 50% by the end of the first phase. Then you don't need to do the whole gaze-taking cycle again - just keep shooting the ogre and kill it. Two hunter tethers will help, one shooting the ogre as soon as the gaze is taken, the other hunter hitting the ogre when timer hits 10s.

robo

If you have enough DPS, two phases is very doable.
  1. Kill phase adds.
  2. Titan pops Weapons of Light down in a doorway.
  3. All players except for the gaze-taker gather in the bubble.
  4. Gaze-taker shoots down the ooze bubble and gets the gaze while standing on the left-hand crates.
  5. Second gaze-taker runs out when first gaze timer hits 10 seconds. The second gaze-taker takes the gaze from the right-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge when the time is about to elapse.
  6. The second gaze-taker jumps to the left-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge and runs to the entrance while shooting down the ogre's orbs.
  7. All other gaze-takers form an orderly queue on the right-hand Tablet of Ruin bridge and repeat what the second gaze-taker did.
  8. Last gaze-taker will need help shooting down ogre's orbs.
  9. Repeat.
  10. Done.
Agree of the gaze-taking order beforehand if you have to. Communication is key.

If all goes well, you'll have the ogre's health whittled down to less than 50% by the end of the first phase. Then you don't need to do the whole gaze-taking cycle again - just keep shooting the ogre and kill it. Two hunter tethers will help, one shooting the ogre as soon as the gaze is taken, the other hunter hitting the ogre when timer hits 10s.

This pattern repeats until each player has left the damage pool to hold the Gaze at least once. The last player to hold the Gaze can allow its timer to run down, and the process starts again for the next damage phase. The entire process of having each player hold the Gaze once must occur for each damage phase done to Golgoroth, unless Golgoroth dies within one of the phases.

Is the above not true, or do you just kill him mid cycle as normal??

In the exotic sword strike, in a Mexican standoff with two randoms. One needs void. One needs Arc. I need solar.

One of the guys messages me, we coordinate and somehow get all three swords at once. Thank you, Japanese internet people.

Only one more Moment of Triumph to go!

Destiny 2:

No shotguns. No snipers.

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

stay gold

Destiny 2:

No shotguns. No snipers.

That would be boring and not Destiny.

Shotguns aren't even in a good place right now, they could do with a minor buff. The problem is primaries are in an even worse place. Give us Vanilla AR's, HoW Hand Cannons/High Impact Pulses and 2.0 High RoF Pulses and special weapon complaints would vanish instantly.

WAT, they do not need a buff, there's a few still OP:

YR1 fellwinters
YR1 Matador64
Universal Remote

The two Yr1 shotguns you mentiob are OP because they were rerolled until they got a god roll. They are not viable in iron banner or trials and will become even less viable as max light increases.

Uni remote is an exotic. Using that means you make some sacrifices in your loadout and playstyle. Although it is trash it is countered easy enough.

stay gold

WAT, they do not need a buff, there's a few still OP:

YR1 fellwinters
YR1 Matador64
Universal Remote

2 of those are no longer available, and Uni is a joke weapon.

Regardless im not saying they need a range increase, but their shot registration is bad and needs fixing.

glaurung

If you manage to kill ogre with one gaze, the challenge is still considered a success. Same applies if you do one full rotation and then continue to kill him during the next phase without having the second gaze-taker leave the damage puddle.

noomi

Today, I woke up extra early just so I could play Destiny before work... it's happening again.

Someone please stop me.

I chose Destiny over sleep.... over sleep....

Clunker

Anyone on Xbox up for NF in about 3 hours? (9:30 EST) or sometime after? Hit me up, GT is Holden Cawffle.

Aside: I ran through KF NM for the first time ever yesterday - spent roughly 5 hours with two sherpas from Reddit and four complete blind newcomers (mr included) and I had a blast. It wasn't the most economical use of time but I had committed my morning & afternoon to it and everyone was so relaxed about it that I didn't mind at all. Made new friends and got to see the entire raid firsthand without spoiling much of it beforehand. Now I'll naturally firm up and learn how to optimize, but probably one of my favorite memories of all of Destiny, second only to a similar experience with my virgin run of Vault of Glass.

What vids do you recommend for learning the best KF run approaches? Or best Destiny videos creators in general?

Is this a quote said:
The entire process of having each player hold the Gaze once must occur for each damage phase done to Golgoroth, unless Golgoroth dies within one of the phases.

Uh. That's exactly what he wrote. You cycle gaze holders every damage phase until Golgy dies.

So it's not necessary that all 6 hold the gaze atleast once in the fight as long as you make sure that it's taken by a different player until he dies?

All 6 team members have to hold the gaze once in each full round.

Usually the way we do it is to do everything the same as the usual one-bubble strategy up until everyone gets out of the damage pool. Then people divide themselves up to the left and right sides of the arena and simply pass the gaze back and forth until everyone has had it. Repeat until Golgy's dead.

That would be boring and not Destiny.

Shotguns aren't even in a good place right now, they could do with a minor buff. The problem is primaries are in an even worse place. Give us Vanilla AR's, HoW Hand Cannons/High Impact Pulses and 2.0 High RoF Pulses and special weapon complaints would vanish instantly.

Dude. Look at the top 10 guys in Trials and the specials they have equipped:

#1: Party Crasher +1
#2: Party Crasher +1

#3: Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
#4: 1000-Yard-Stare
#5: Two To The Morgue
#6: Conspiracy Theory-D
#7: Party Crasher +1
#8: Matador 64
#9: Party Crasher +1

#10: Y-09 Longbow Synthesis

I think it's safe to say shotguns are in a good place. Props to those three lone guys slogging it out with snipers.

phen0m24

So it's not necessary that all 6 hold the gaze atleast once in the fight as long as you make sure that it's taken by a different player until he dies?

Hey Nooblet if all six hold gaze once but then you kill him before the last person holds gaze in a subsequent phase it counts.

We've had it where gaze holder 1 takes gaze on phase 3 and we finish him. As long as there is no failure to take gaze message you're good.

(Looks for ruthless to confirm)

noomi

I think it's safe to say shotguns are in a good place. Props to those three lone guys slogging it out with snipers.

Is getting the Party Crasher +1 completely up to RNG with crucible drops? Also.. getting them perfect rolls too I assume :/

I've been using the quest shotgun Conspiracy Theory D

Anyone on Xbox up for NF in about 3 hours? (9:30 EST) or sometime after? Hit me up, GT is Holden Cawffle.

Aside: I ran through KF NM for the first time ever yesterday - spent roughly 5 hours with two sherpas from Reddit and four complete blind newcomers (mr included) and I had a blast. It wasn't the most economical use of time but I had committed my morning & afternoon to it and everyone was so relaxed about it that I didn't mind at all. Made new friends and got to see the entire raid firsthand without spoiling much of it beforehand. Now I'll naturally firm up and learn how to optimize, but probably one of my favorite memories of all of Destiny, second only to a similar experience with my virgin run of Vault of Glass.

What vids do you recommend for learning the best KF run approaches? Or best Destiny videos creators in general?

Datto does useful information videos, as does "my name is byf" so try them out for size. I haven't seen a good "tutorial" video for the raids. You tend to get the blind run videos and then maybe one or two other, better runs. Most of the strats get consolidated/spread around LFG as randoms in each group have competing strats and then one is tested and found to work reliably.

Datto for example still does Golgoroth "properly" by everyone taking the gaze, however almost all LFG groups do the "one orb" strat.

Hey Nooblet if all six hold gaze once but then you kill him before the last person holds gaze in a subsequent phase it counts.

We've had it where gaze holder 1 takes gaze on phase 3 and we finish him. As long as there is no failure to take gaze message you're good.

(Looks for ruthless to confirm)

Yup. If you aren't confident, hand checkpoints off to alts at the beginning of the fight so you can revert if you fail to do it.

Challenge mode has everyone taking gaze...?

"Properly" would be using all 6 orbs.

Yeah, Datto drops a lot more than 1 orb (assume it's all of them).

1 orb strategy is boring as shit; can't convince my regular group to try to do more than 1 orb in a phase.

deviant1

Anybody want to help with a Golgoroth CM tonight at 9:30 PM EST? I'm just going for the calcified fragment so it can be normal or hard mode. I don't have a checkpoint so if someone has it that would be super.

Golgoroth Challenge Mode - 9:30PM EST - PS4
1. Ant78

Challenge mode has everyone taking gaze...?

"Properly" would be using all 6 orbs.

Sorry - sloppy language on my part. I think Datto's original method was to drop all 6 orbs but alternating between 2 gaze holders. For challenge mode I think they just organise themselves so that each person jumps out of the pit and takes gaze at each orb...I haven't watched anything recently so I don't know if they have defaulted to 2 gaze holders or 6.

kyored

Anybody want to help with a Golgoroth CM tonight at 9:30 PM EST? I'm just going for the calcified fragment so it can be normal or hard mode. I don't have a checkpoint so if someone has it that would be super.

Golgoroth Challenge Mode - 9:30PM EST - PS4
1. Ant78

You can put me down : Kyored.

Is getting the Party Crasher +1 completely up to RNG with crucible drops? Also.. getting them perfect rolls too I assume :/

I've been using the quest shotgun Conspiracy Theory D

Mega RNG, one to actually get it to drop then it being useable. It took 4 drops until I got any sort of range perk (smallbore), then on the day of the April update I got a god roll

Yesterday 2 dropped for me, both were shit. I know people who have played way more crucible than me this year and still haven't had an agg/rifled one to drop. I still haven't had an Eyasluna to drop with rifled/reinforced

stay gold

I don't think you understand how easy Trials is for top players. Due to no SBMM (only card wins) they mostly play people no where near their skill level, so yeah, of course they just rush spawn with a shotty. Snipers still account for the most kills in trials quite comfortably btw.

Im not even saying Shotguns are bad, in theory they have the range perfect, they just act inconsistently (due to either bad netcode or RNG pellet spread) which would be more apparent if Primaries didn't suck.

My point remains, nothing in this game needs nerfing, several things need buffing.

I don't think you understand how easy Trials is for top players. Due to no SBMM (only card wins) they mostly play people no where near their skill level, so yeah, of course they just rush spawn with a shotty. Snipers still account for the most kills in trials quite comfortably btw.

Im not even saying Shotguns are bad, in theory they have the range perfect, they just act inconsistently (due to either bad netcode or RNG pellet spread) which would be more apparent if Primaries didn't suck.

My point remains, nothing in this game needs nerfing, several things need buffing.

I am of the opinion that snipers need a blanket aim assist/reticle stickiness decrease and high impact shotguns need a range nerf.

Skele7on

Banned
In the exotic sword strike, in a Mexican standoff with two randoms. One needs void. One needs Arc. I need solar.

One of the guys messages me, we coordinate and somehow get all three swords at once. Thank you, Japanese internet people.

Only one more Moment of Triumph to go!

Destiny 2:

No shotguns. No snipers.

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

That thread about one thing to ruin a game contender right here....

"play strikes ;p"

Dez_

I got this perks:

Imago Loop
- Rescue Mag
- Hand-Loaded / Explosive Rounds / Will of Light
- Third Eye

Eyasluna
- Triple Tap
- Hammer forged / Reinforced barrel / High Caliber Rounds
- Life support

Have I been lucky? Which one should I pick between those three in the Tier 2?

Stick with Hand-Loaded for Imago, Reinforced barrel for Eyasluna. Extending the range stat is important, but I'm mostly thinking from a pvp perspective. Rifled barrel would have been preferred as it doesn't drop the stability. Try them both out and see how they feel for you.

Top Bottom