• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Wait theyre from the fifth element? I thought it was from the Hitchhikers Guide movie..
http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mondoshawan

mondoshawans.jpg

these guys totally inspired the cabal

todd360

Did you guys still want to record a new podcast episode about the dlc? I can do it whenever as long as we can get everyone together.

LTWood12

Did you guys still want to record a new podcast episode about the dlc? I can do it whenever as long as we can get everyone together.

I recommend keeping it small. You, Fig, Hawk. Maybe one more. Igor maybe?

edit: Because it's more pleasant to listen to a few people talk. not because cliques or anything.

DocSeuss

Finally got an Eyasluna. Now the only drops I want but don't have are Jade Rabbit, Zen Meteor, the three Y2 PoE guns, and Hebridean Thoughtcrime.

:( Sorry to hear that. Get well mate!

There's no such thing as 'getting well' from this. It's chronic. I'm stuck with it. I don't think I'm ever going back to Mercury, and I doubt Bungie's ever going to be kind enough to get me that exotic emblem (apparently, having a full inventory meant the exotic emblem went nowhere in Y1, but they patched it; I haven't made it back since).

Their matchmaking really hurts.

shermas

THREE WEEKS. Get HYPE.

I spent about 30 minutes just junking stuff in my Vault this morning. Delicate balance of sharding stuff I'm never going to use, but not just tossing away marks that I'll want when ROI hits.

I'm just hoarding mats/coins/engrams, really. Keeping all exotic engrams (up to almost 70 now) and trying to stockpile all purples that I can cash in for marks when the new vendor gear hits.

Been gathering clips from the Sons, ended up with a 15 minute compilation:
Part 1/2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7d3KD3MUek
Part 2/2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9R7xrF-JQ

So many laughs....awesome stuff pew :)

Hey Nooblet if all six hold gaze once but then you kill him before the last person holds gaze in a subsequent phase it counts.

We've had it where gaze holder 1 takes gaze on phase 3 and we finish him. As long as there is no failure to take gaze message you're good.

(Looks for ruthless to confirm)

Yes that is correct. Colonel knows his mechanics :)

Woooooot!!!! Re-got my Lord of Wolves last night....Didn't know why bungie wouldn't just let us buy a year 2 version like the rest of the weapon exotics

Deku Tree

Just going to leave this here

https://twitter.com/DestinyNews_net/status/771071789573214208?s=09

One comment says you can dismantle treasure for said currency

Does Silver Dust cost real money?

New GameInformer interview says no new balance changes until after RoI launches -- very strange.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/50iwsc/bungie_answers_destiny_rise_of_irons_lingering/?st=ISJCBIKW&sh=bba4081f

Budget release.

Deku Tree

I guess it doesn't exactly state that..buut my guess would be yes you can buy it with IRL money

Oh I got it now.

Radiant Treasure boxes are the new Sterling Treasure boxes. You probably get a few free ones each week somehow. Then you buy them with real money in unlimited quantities.

You can get RNG ornaments from Radiant Treasure boxes. Dismantling Ornaments gets you "silver dust". Then you can buy an assortment of ornaments from Xur each week using Silver dust.

I wonder if you can buy Silver dust directly or only from dismantling the ornaments that you get from your radiant treasure boxes.

Rehsa

Oh I got it now.

Radiant Treasure boxes are the new Sterling Treasure boxes. You probably get a few free ones each week somehow. Then you buy them with real money in unlimited quantities.

You can get RNG ornaments from Radiant Treasure boxes. Dismantling Ornaments gets you "silver dust". Then you can buy an assortment of ornaments from Xur each week using Silver dust.

I wonder if you can buy Silver dust directly or only from dismantling the ornaments that you get from your radiant treasure boxes.
Ahh OK well that is a good way to get rid of dupes. I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy it also

LTWood12

They said year 1 IB armor will be available again, so why leave out the ToO stuff?

I see where you're coming from. But it's not like anyone could go and get a Scholar or Tomorrow's Answer in year 2. Just going by precedent, I was just curious why you found this surprising.

Would be cool for them to add a vendor for old Trials stuff down the line.

I see where you're coming from. But it's not like anyone could go and get a Scholar or Tomorrow's Answer in year 2. Just going by precedent, I was just curious why you found this surprising.

Would be cool for them to add a vendor for old Trials stuff down the line.
I didn't say I was surprised, just bummed to hear it confirmed.

I was hoping they'd do something like they did with the first batch of emotes at Eververse. It'd be nice to have a shot at the Y1 faction gear as well. Why not celebrate the variety in this game instead of gating it out?

I'm still waiting for the expansion that brings everything back and updated/balanced in-line with current stats. Was hoping RoI would be it.

Looks like I have one more chore to do before Y2 is over. :-/
It's a bummer because each Trials weekend allows for 4 gold packages per character. That's the only guarantee. If you don't get what you want after that, you're screwed unless someone carries you to the lighthouse.

It's a bummer because each Trials weekend allows for 4 gold packages per character. That's the only guarantee. If you don't get what you want after that, you're screwed unless someone carries you to the lighthouse.
tbh, I don't mind too much. I'm sick of seeing the same Trials set for 1 1/2 years straight. It will be nice to see something new.

I just don't want to see that set anymore for awhile, period.

Yup. Both sets of Trials gear in Y2 were reskins of Y1 gear.
Wait there have been 2 Y2 sets? I did not remember that. Thought there was only one Y2 set. Don't remember them changing it again in Y2. When was that?

So we've gotten 3 different color schemes for one set of armor? Yeah, I'm ok with it being gone.

LNBL

Phew borrowed a taken king copy from the local library, havent played since july 2015 -_- i have a LVL 28 character but i have forgotten everything about this game.

Any way to get up to speed again with a good guide or video you guys recommend? Thanks!

Phew borrowed a taken king copy from the local library, havent played since july 2015 -_- i have a LVL 28 character but i have forgotten everything about this game. Any way to get up to speed again with a good guide or video you guys recommend? Thanks!
Use vanguard/crucible rep boosters you got in your sterling treasure packs while you run strike/crucible playlists. The faction packages you get for leveling up will help you advance your level. Make sure to always equip your highest light level gear during the process. Also test gunsmith weapons and start running Prison of Elders (level 41 version) when you hit level 40. Once you hit 290-300 run the raid, and when you hit 320 run the nightfalls, heroic raids and level 42 Challenge of Elders.

Also of course do all the quests you have.

Lee

Phew borrowed a taken king copy from the local library, havent played since july 2015 -_- i have a LVL 28 character but i have forgotten everything about this game.

Any way to get up to speed again with a good guide or video you guys recommend? Thanks!

TTK is all digital though, right?

Mega RNG, one to actually get it to drop then it being useable. It took 4 drops until I got any sort of range perk (smallbore), then on the day of the April update I got a god roll

Yesterday 2 dropped for me, both were shit. I know people who have played way more crucible than me this year and still haven't had an agg/rifled one to drop. I still haven't had an Eyasluna to drop with rifled/reinforced

It finally happened 350 days after TTK launched, a rifled eyasluna dropped

PS_Messages_20160831_185030.jpg

Sureshot, relentless tracker (better than I thought), rifled and HH. I don't think I can give up my filthy LiTC peril though

Top Bottom