• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

JJShadow

Any good place to farm ghost shell engrams? I'm stuck with the same one since weeks ago (275 LL) and it's really holding back my light level as most of my gear is already between 300-320 LL

Any good place to farm ghost shell engrams? I'm stuck with the same one since weeks ago (275 LL) and it's really holding back my light level as most of my gear is already between 300-320 LL

CoE will randomly drop up to 335 (depending on your LL) ghost shells at the end of the match.

It finally happened 350 days after TTK launched, a rifled eyasluna dropped

Sureshot, relentless tracker (better than I thought), rifled and HH. I don't think I can give up my filthy LiTC peril though

I have the exact same roll on my luna :p

Court of oryx.

NeOak

i'm so tired. I apologize in advance to my newbie raiders tonight. If I tell you to go stand on the "pillow" or grab the "blanket" to be able to damage the boss please fill in the appropriate word mentally.

Speaking of which, I had one dropout so there is an open spot. Anyone is welcome (280+ Light), whether newbie or helper. 8:00PM EST.
Hawkian, I'm going to have to bail on today's newbie raid. My flight was delayed and I have yet to arrive to the place I'm going to stay, so no TV nor Internet.

:(

T.O.P

Banned
I only got "desolate" gear from the sterling thingies

Full set actually and the ship, are those good for endgame? (I have no idea of how to check the stats for these) They look cool af anyway

And where can I start upgrading them? They require Legendary marks but I guess those are level locked? Have yet to see one (lvl33)

It may not be convenient, but King's Fall is all but guaranteed to give you one or two. I think normal mode tops out at 320, but hard can get you all the way to 335.

A slightly more convenient choice, but with a lower drop rate, is Challenge of the Elders. I got my 333 ghost from there.

DeathJr said:
Court of oryx.

I don't think I've ever had a meaningful ghost drop from there, are you perhaps thinking of artifacts/class items? Court is great for those.

JJShadow

It may not be convenient, but King's Fall is all but guaranteed to give you one or two. I think normal mode tops out at 320, but hard can get you all the way to 335.

A slightly more convenient choice, but with a lower drop rate, is Challenge of the Elders. I got my 333 ghost from there.

I don't think I've ever had a meaningful ghost drop from there, are you perhaps thinking of artifacts/class items? Court is great for those.

Thanks, I'd like to give CoE a try but maybe I'm still a bit underleveled? (Sitting at 307 LL atm) Or should I be fine as long as someone carries me?

Going to get the braced-frame Arminius to see how it is without counterbalance (terrible, I imagine), but he's selling it again, so science!

PSA: Braced frame alone is fine. AA keeps the bullets on people's heads. Wish it had a better perk than surrounded, but I guess it will be fine for PvE. Rangefinder and optical scope push the range out nicely.

Mikey Jr.

So I have 25k glimmer and I'm struggling to offload it. I have like 8 items that needed to be cashed in for more glimmer.

What do you do with this stuff? What's worth buying?

Arrrammis

So I have 25k glimmer and I'm struggling to offload it. I have like 8 items that needed to be cashed in for more glimmer.

Heavy ammo is the best IMO. You can use it the obvious way (refill heavy ammo) or give it to factions to get easy rep.

deviant1

I just finished giving my son a bath and now he's screaming and running a fever so I'm gonna have to bail out on this tonight. Sorry guys.

Golgoroth Challenge Mode - 9:30PM EST - PS4
2. Kyored
3. Slimy Snake (PSN?)
4. Rehsa
5. Ferny - ThatGuyFern (PSN)
6. Shinogu126 (PSN)

I thought glimmer was useless for so long. If I'd only known! You buy weapons parts from the gunsmith, then donate them to your faction of choice. Instant levels!

Also, you find a kickass exotic heavy that chews through ammo like The Truth or Sleeper Simulant, then buy heavy ammo synths so you don't run out and you crumple bosses and everyone you play with is happy.

Can someone on PSN explain how the fuck you manage to do things on LFG? What's proper etiquette? On Xbox it's simple. You click the mail icon, it take you to Xbox.com and you send a message. I'm here sending friend requests and nothing about that seems correct. No one actually reads onsite chat for LFG so that's useless.

Anyone want to run CoE42?

So I'm giving the TTK soundtrack a proper listen to

It's decent heard by itself

Yes it is. Both albums are brilliant. I love music in general so when the stand alone albums were put on sale I jumped and was pleasantly surprised.

I still raid with my own playlists but the game music is great.

Yes it is. Both albums are brilliant. I love music in general so when the stand alone albums were put on sale I jumped and was pleasantly surprised.

I still raid with my own playlists but the game music is great.

Yeah, there's some great stuff in there. Like the song that's dedicated to the Loot cave, Remembrance, is purty good.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Golgoroth Challenge Mode - 9:30PM EST - PS4
1. Agent_of_Atlas
2. Kyored
3. Slimy Snake / TheNegativeDude
4. Rehsa
5. Ferny - ThatGuyFern (PSN)
6. Shinogu126 (PSN)

Alright which one of you fine gentlemen have done this before? can we even do it without a sherpa explaining the CM strategy?

Alright which one of you fine gentlemen have done this before? can we even do it without a sherpa explaining the CM strategy?

I tried it earlier today, but we weren't quite able to get all the way there.

The basic concept is simple, as long as you already understand the Golgoroth fight. It's just a matter of sticking the landing.

Everyone should take a look at a guide or two first:

How to beat Golgoroth

How to beat Golgoroth Challenge Mode

Datto Youtube video: Golgoroth Challenge Mode

Rehsa

I just finished giving my son a bath and now he's screaming and running a fever so I'm gonna have to bail out on this tonight. Sorry guys.
That the worst, hope he feels better soon
I still need the fragment, I can grab that slot.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas
Thanks for jumping in :)
nice. here is the easiest approach i found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFrp4bcpLU

Basically, we take the gaze right at the start and drop down after the sixth guy takes it. then rinse and repeat.
Sounds good. I'm on my way home and will need to get the kids to bed but I should be right on time

Basically, we take the gaze right at the start and drop down after the sixth guy takes it. then rinse and repeat.

This looks really good. Let's roll with this strategy.

That the worst, hope he feels better soon

Thanks for jumping in :)

Sounds good. I'm on my way home and will need to get the kids to bed but I should be right on time

No worries. I'm 2 fragments away from Y2 complete, happy to have the slot.

Ji66a-Man

Lemme stop you right there. The reason you don't want to do damage on the 6th gaze is because everyone else has to clear the pit of cursed thralls before the DPS cycle. Do damage on the 1st gaze, then #2 gaze holder gets out at 10 seconds to get in position, everyone else gets in position after gaze #2 is pulled. Doing it this way lets you ignore the cursed thrall during the DPS cycle.

Top Bottom