• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Can't thank the awesome CrudeDiatribe enough for all the help he's given me the last couple weeks that I've relapsed into Destiny. His guidance made sure our team absolutely smoked the Golgoroth challenge tonight. Now to challenge the king next week and best heroic KF!

Arrrammis

Long time no see Destiny Gaf.

With the new expansion coming out Sep 20, what should I be doing to get caught up and ready? My light level is ~315 I think, last I played I had a ~half complete set of HM raid gear on 3 chars.

If you haven't completed the year 2 triumphs and still want to, you'll have to start those before reset. One of the triumphs is to collect all 50 calcified fragments, and since t3 court of Oryx bosses rotate along with the raid challenge modes, this week is the last week that the current t3 boss and the current challenge mode will be available before RoI. The other notable triumph that has a time requirement is to get an exotic sword, which requires you to complete a part of the quest and wait until the next reset.

Otherwise, I can't think of much. Pick up whatever y2 vendor gear or trials gear you want to have, since everything is changing. Also, gear drops a lot more generously from pretty much everything, check out the Challenge of Elders and all of that stuff to get your light up to 330 pretty easily.

GorillaJu

If you haven't completed the year 2 triumphs and still want to, you'll have to start those before reset. One of the triumphs is to collect all 50 calcified fragments, and since t3 court of Oryx bosses rotate along with the raid challenge modes, this week is the last week that the current t3 boss and the current challenge mode will be available before RoI. The other notable triumph that has a time requirement is to get an exotic sword, which requires you to complete a part of the quest and wait until the next reset.

Otherwise, I can't think of much. Pick up whatever y2 vendor gear or trials gear you want to have, since everything is changing. Also, gear drops a lot more generously from pretty much everything, check out the Challenge of Elders and all of that stuff to get your light up to 330 pretty easily.

Thanks. I got the three exotic swords and I thought I had 50 calcified fragments already (you need 50 for touch of malice right?). Challenge of Elders is new to me though.

MrDaravon

Thanks. I got the three exotic swords and I thought I had 50 calcified fragments already (you need 50 for touch of malice right?). Challenge of Elders is new to me though.

It's 45 fragments for ToM IIRC; I have ToM and I'm at 47/50 fragments (missing the 3 CM ones).

Thank you for the newbie kings fall raid guys. hawkian and Gutz are awesome for guiding us through and having the patience to deal with my sleepy playing at 5am in the morning :]

Fig, what's "Storm Posse"? Totally caught me off guard, clan name hasn't changed for a whole year. RIP Ladies of Strong Back!

You probably don't want to know :p

cool-cat.gif

Can't thank the awesome CrudeDiatribe enough for all the help he's given me the last couple weeks that I've relapsed into Destiny.

D'aww! Thanks to you and Oblivion for helping the two newbies through.

Oryx CM should be straight forward.

No newbies for a HM run, please. :p

Tried titanfall 2 and battlefield 1. Meh experiences both of them. I guess i'll stick to destiny.

Titanfall 2 tech demo felt like I was running a new game on old hardware with all the negatives of the graphics turned up and down– it was both ugly and jerky. Gameplay was not nearly as fun as the first game either.

Golgoroth CM turned into a full run of King's Fall...good stuff, guys. Got the second to last fragment that I needed, and completed the raid set, which bumped up my legs with a 334. Got a pair of Sunbreakers, which were the #1 class exotic I was looking for (still want alchemist's raiment though), and maybe best of all a 335 artifact, so scratch that off the list. LL is now sitting pretty at 334. All in all, a great haul.

Golgoroth CM turned into a full run of King's Fall...good stuff, guys. Got the second to last fragment that I needed, and completed the raid set, which bumped up my legs with a 334. Got a pair of Sunbreakers, which were the #1 class exotic I was looking for (still want alchemist's raiment though), and maybe best of all a 335 artifact, so scratch that off the list. LL is now sitting pretty at 334. All in all, a great haul.

Nice. Very nice.

That was real dumb.
I was doing CoE solo earlier. I was at the last boss, with one or two more hits to go. I died.

I had to quit. I'll do the cards this weekend.

lt519

Bought the Y2 shirt, spent so much time playing the game over the past two years figured it'd be nice to have a memento of it. Couldn't bring myself to put my PSN name on it though :/

zoodoo

Can't thank the awesome CrudeDiatribe enough for all the help he's given me the last couple weeks that I've relapsed into Destiny. His guidance made sure our team absolutely smoked the Golgoroth challenge tonight. Now to challenge the king next week and best heroic KF!

Thanks hippo and CrudeDiatribe for holding my hand through the challenge. It was fun.
Let me know when you guys are playing again.

vin-buc

huge thanks to Hawkian, Nooblet and Co. for carrying (and being patient) me through the entire KF raid. It was easy mode but it was fun.

Can't forget to give propers to Milkham, TheWorthyEdge, KC_Darkness and Co. who took me through War Priest and Golgo (on hard).

You guys were great and helped me get thru my first Raid. Thanks for being great community folk!

Three 334's.

This is retribution for the Gjallarhorn and Crux drop.

Still, legendary emote hype. Woo-hoo!

Edit: Anyone want to run CoE? Need to finish a card.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Golgoroth Challenge Mode - 9:30PM EST - PS4
1. Agent_of_Atlas
2. Mcarkus
3. Slimy Snake / TheNegativeDude
4. Rehsa
5. Aziloth
6. Shinogu126 (PSN)

I'm in orbit waiting for Agent to finish the sword strike. Everyone else about ready? My PSN is Moridhin

Great run guys! Took him down in just 2-3 tries!

Aziloth you were a great sherpa. Thanks for joining!

Dez_

Three 334's.

This is retribution for the Gjallarhorn and Crux drop.

Still, legendary emote hype. Woo-hoo!

Edit: Anyone want to run CoE? Need to finish a card.

So you can get a legendary emote from NF. I'd still like to get that as a drop one of these days. I wonder if you can get that from the weekly crucible bounty rewards.

robo

What strategy did you use for the challenge?

Bridge strategy, as taught by Aziloth.

Best strategy for sure if it is the strategy if you are referring to https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3vylur/the_easiest_challenge_mode_strategy_for_golgoroth/

Also, PSN late night guardians

Anyone up for a nightfall, CoE or PoE, even Skolas… I still need the grimoire for Skolas and the ghost in PoE.

I'll join in with some crucible or heroic strikes if anyone wants some company. I still have a couple of the Shaxx weeklies to complete.

robo

its the one thaennon sent over last night, remember now.

WIll have another bash tonight then.

1. gulfy
2. gulfs rather obnoxious litttle one
3. thaennon

We have the checkpoint so hopefully a run for ammo and supers and then getting it done.

ori0n378e

So DGAF, it is Labor Day weekend and we're going camping tonight through Sunday. I need the Golgoroth CM but will not be available till Monday. Will any of you that still need it want to wait and do it then? I also need a Hard Mode completion so maybe even a full raid? Let me know DGAF, and thanks in advance.

robo

So DGAF, it is Labor Day weekend and we're going camping tonight through Sunday. I need the Golgoroth CM but will not be available till Monday. Will any of you that still need it want to wait and do it then? I also need a Hard Mode completion so maybe even a full raid? Let me know DGAF, and thanks in advance.

I have the checkpoint if you want it

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgaroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete.

So close...

Also I guess since I finished The Mountaintop now more crucible bounties are open to me now? What's the difference??

robo

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgaroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete.

So close...

Also I guess since I finished The Mountaintop now more crucible bounties are open to me now? What's the difference??

you only need to kill oryx on hard mode, not the whole raid I believe, may be quicker if someone has the checkpoint

Top Bottom