• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

deafmedal

So DGAF, it is Labor Day weekend and we're going camping tonight through Sunday. I need the Golgoroth CM but will not be available till Monday. Will any of you that still need it want to wait and do it then? I also need a Hard Mode completion so maybe even a full raid? Let me know DGAF, and thanks in advance.

Hit me up, I'm sure we can get a group to help/run :)

shit, 2 in the first 25 pages?!

*insertgifoforyxstoppingcommsatbackboard*

Moments of Triumph left:
Also I guess since I finished The Mountaintop now more crucible bounties are open to me now? What's the difference??
You complete the five crucible bounties you can get from Shaxx and he'll give you a NF-tier reward.

Also, FWC and DO have spoiled me. New Monarchy style is oogly.

noomi

Have been slowly getting back into crucible, and I'm finally starting to feel a little bit more comfortable now.

Actually able to kill people again with TLW and sniping... or it just could be SBMM making think I'm better than I actually am :/

Either way, trying to get back to the level I was around HoW/TTK but it's going to take some serious practice.

Nicodemic

I've been thinking, the days following a Destiny expansion release are very special ingame and here on Gaf. It's really something not to be missed. So much to do and discover together, many funny/incredible/exciting posts, etc. Sharing the experience with Gaf is a big part of the release for me and for many of you I'm sure.

Damn I think I'm too hyped...

In other news, I realised the spring update came with 9 new armor sets for each class. That's awesome for a set collector like me!

deviant1

Great run guys! Took him down in just 2-3 tries!

Aziloth you were a great sherpa. Thanks for joining!

Glad you guys were able to get this done. Sorry I had to bail out but my kid comes first. I'm back at work functioning on maybe 2 hours of sleep.

I have no idea if I'll have time in the next few days to get the Golgi CM done so I may just give up on the MoT. I only have that CM calcified fragment left to get, finish a CoE sigil, and the PVP Mountaintop quest (I'm up to the Elimination step). I don't even want the stuff it awards, I just feel like completing stuff lol.

robo

EGX here I come!!

Want to get in there first? Register your details below and select the day you’ll be attending for a chance to win one of 1000 goody bags – and jump the queue to run the all-new strike before anyone else at the event. Your goody bag will include official Destiny Rise of Iron t-shirt and poster plus a selection of other great swag.

Best I win one now lol

CrQzfSFWEAEPJxx.jpg

phen0m24

huge thanks to Hawkian, Nooblet and Co. for carrying (and being patient) me through the entire KF raid. It was easy mode but it was fun.

Can't forget to give propers to Milkham, TheWorthyEdge, KC_Darkness and Co. who took me through War Priest and Golgo (on hard).

You guys were great and helped me get thru my first Raid. Thanks for being great community folk!

DGAF is best GAF! :)

Why would you DPS at the end?! As was mentioned in the last few pages that means you have cursed thrall to deal with. DPS first and you don't need to worry about exciting turquoise hugs.

I have always done dps at beginning. 1 takes gaze whilst everyone jumps in.
1 does countdown and 2 gets in position to take gaze.
3-6 then takes and alternates like normal.

Have been slowly getting back into crucible, and I'm finally starting to feel a little bit more comfortable now.

Actually able to kill people again with TLW and sniping... or it just could be SBMM making think I'm better than I actually am :/

Either way, trying to get back to the level I was around HoW/TTK but it's going to take some serious practice.

Shit noomi's better than me confirmed >_<

j/k it's good that you're finding your bearings. I know who to contat to carry me now :-D

noomi

Shit noomi's better than me confirmed >_<

j/k it's good that you're finding your bearings. I know who to contat to carry me now :-D

Hah, I've got a long way to go still.

I can't play nearly as much as I used to, but I feel pretty comfortable to be able to go at my own pace... when possible :p

Zakalwe

Banned
D-Gaf.

I've returned to the world of ps4 gaming. I no longer own a copy of Destiny on disk, but I do have access to both TDB and HoW on my main Destiny account.

Is the best way for me to return to the game to buy a copy of the original game disc, then buy TKK expansion, then upgrade to Iron if I want to when it's released?

rezn0r

So DGAF, it is Labor Day weekend and we're going camping tonight through Sunday. I need the Golgoroth CM but will not be available till Monday. Will any of you that still need it want to wait and do it then? I also need a Hard Mode completion so maybe even a full raid? Let me know DGAF, and thanks in advance.

Same boat, need a Golgy CM before Tuesday. Will probably be a blackout drunk asshole tomorrow night and Sunday, down for any other time if there are any groups forming. I'll be refreshing the thread the next few days & ori0n378e if you need a body & I'm not called in to work Monday night I'm down to help even if I manage to get it done by then!

D-Gaf.

I've returned to the world of ps4 gaming. I no longer own a copy of Destiny on disk, but I do have access to both TDB and HoW on my main Destiny account.

Is the best way for me to return to the game to buy a copy of the original game disc, then buy TKK expansion, then upgrade to Iron if I want to when it's released?

Hmm, there's a collectors edition available on the store which should have everything. Hmm try asking Noomi, he had a destiny dick but now he's digital only

noomi

D-Gaf.

Go all digital, but you have a few options....

I think this is the one you'll need.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTION001

Alternatively you could buy the vanilla game disc version used (if you can find it), then buy TTK Digital for $20, and Rise of Iron Digital for $29.99 which would most likely put you around the same price anyway if not a bit more expensive.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Glad you guys were able to get this done. Sorry I had to bail out but my kid comes first. I'm back at work functioning on maybe 2 hours of sleep.

I have no idea if I'll have time in the next few days to get the Golgi CM done so I may just give up on the MoT. I only have that CM calcified fragment left to get, finish a CoE sigil, and the PVP Mountaintop quest (I'm up to the Elimination step). I don't even want the stuff it awards, I just feel like completing stuff lol.
No I get it. i have a toddler myself.

I did get the checkpoint on another character. So at the very least you can grab that from me. If you are missing a person, just hit me up.

I need Oryx Hard mode and Oryx CM Clacified Fragment and I am done. Missing a couple of patrol fragments including that awful Scent chest one.

deviant1

No I get it. i have a toddler myself.

I did get the checkpoint on another character. So at the very least you can grab that from me. If you are missing a person, just hit me up.

I need Oryx Hard mode and Oryx CM Clacified Fragment and I am done. Missing a couple of patrol fragments including that awful Scent chest one.

Thanks, I may have to grab that checkpoint and try to get it done before reset.

Skele7on

Banned
D-Gaf.

good to see you back, destiny collection has upgrade path or if you want to send me your address I can post you a destiny disc I have an abundance of them then you'll just need ROI

Zakalwe

Banned
Ha, thanks for the offer Skele7on, but I think I may just go digital...

If I buy the collection, I'll have access to all the content currently released immediately right?

It's a pre-order, I take it the pre-order part only relates to the new content?

noomi

Ha, thanks for the offer Skele7on, but I think I may just go digital...

If I buy the collection, I'll have access to all the content currently released immediately right?

It's a pre-order, I take it the pre-order part only relates to the new content?

That should be the case, you might have to re-download everything though.

Zakalwe

Banned
OK, so I can either:

Buy the psychical disc now from my local CEX (£8), and download TKK for £15, then buy the upgrade for Iron (which will be around £20-25, right? - roughly £48).

Or buy the digital now for £49.99, which is almost exactly what the above will cost (it will mean I can stop faffing with discs, though).

The one benefit of the former is that I could ignore Iron if I decide to not continue playing, of course. Just want to be sure I'm not missing something obvious here.

Joined a hm raid group last night and this kid asks us if we're all 335. First guy to speak said he was 330 and got booted immediately. The 4 of us were like wtf? Kid said he doesn't want to waste his time. We all told him he's an ass and dropped out.

Been so busy :( . Any VoG runs happening this week? Xbox
No but I'd be into doing one for No Time to Explain

GreyWind

Joined a hm raid group last night and this kid asks us if we're all 335. First guy to speak said he was 330 and got booted immediately. The 4 of us were like wtf? Kid said he doesn't want to waste his time. We all told him he's an ass and dropped out.

No but I'd be into doing one for No Time to Explain

Damn, didn't know you had to be max level to do legacy stuff. What an asshat.

I'm doing VoG for the same thing, need to complete the No Time to Explain quest. I've tried Bungie.net recruiting but after five mins people leave the fireteam. :(

Damn, didn't know you had to be max level to do legacy stuff. What an asshat.

I'm doing VoG for the same thing, need to complete the No Tome to Explain quest. I've tried Bungie.net recruiting but after five mins people leave the fireteam. :(
It was King's Fall but still, the difference between 330 and 335 is very slim. Also you could run it on 310 if you know what you're doing.

I'll add you on XBL! Any other Xbrothers into running VoG this week?

GreyWind

It was King's Fall but still, the difference between 330 and 335 is very slim. Also you could run it on 310 if you know what you're doing.

I'll add you on XBL! Any other Xbrothers into running VoG this week?

Oh I thought it was VoG, my bad lol. And I already have you on Xbox :D

HigXx

Can anyone help me "boost" for these Headshots in the Imprecation quest?

Feel like im playing mw2 again boosting hahaha

Why would you DPS at the end?! As was mentioned in the last few pages that means you have cursed thrall to deal with. DPS first and you don't need to worry about exciting turquoise hugs.

I retract that link, our strategy is a bit different. We do the DPS as normal but then grab the gaze with players 1-6 very fast from the same point. I suppose it might be different if you can't damage the boss fast, it took us one iteration of passing the gaze to knock him out in hard mode

noomi

OK, so I can either:

Buy the psychical disc now from my local CEX (£8), and download TKK for £15, then buy the upgrade for Iron (which will be around £20-25, right? - roughly £48).

Or buy the digital now for £49.99, which is almost exactly what the above will cost (it will mean I can stop faffing with discs, though).

The one benefit of the former is that I could ignore Iron if I decide to not continue playing, of course. Just want to be sure I'm not missing something obvious here.

You got it, I would personally opt for the digital version.

OK, so I can either:

Game are selling TTK (online store) for £8 http://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-the-taken-king-legendary-edition-783316 Add RoI for £33 total

Anyone on Xbox One interested in farming CoE for end-game rewards? I'm looking/hoping for class items. Just killing bosses as quick as possible, probably only need one other player.

Anyone on Xbox One interested in farming CoE for end-game rewards? I'm looking/hoping for class items. Just killing bosses as quick as possible, probably only need one other player.

Yeah, I was planning to do that this week. I still need Dreg's Promise. I assume you're on PS4, though, while I'm on X1.

Is CoE pretty easy to solo this week, without the Primary damage increase?

It's easy enough. The bosses are pretty tame, so you really just have to worry about the random enemies. As long as you have a good supply of grenades and get precision shots, you should be able to complete it with a 30K+ score.

My grenades weren't recharging as fast as I'd like, but it went OK. It'd be much less of an issue if there were two others.

MrDaravon

Aww yeah finally got the last Crucible subclass quest/emblem done on my Hunter, down to only two quests in my quest log.

Gotta head out for lunch in a bit, but anyone down for Golg CM later? I still need all 3 CM's. Haven't touched the raid since before HM came out so might need a quick refresher but should be okay (I hope?). Would also be down for the NF (would need a hard carry on either of my other characters though), CoE, and I still need precision kills for the Imprection quest as well as an Aetheon kill for No Time to Explain quest. I'm off today and work all weekend so hoping to knock some stuff out today if I can.

Top Bottom