• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kalamari

Who else needs grimoire for the Kaliks Reborn kill? I'll be doing it if anyone wants to join for easy grimoire. Don't be caught with a small grimoire! PSN: EvilKalamari

MrDaravon

Ugggggh just logged onto my Titan for the first time in 10 months, so many unfinished quests and things on here. I know I could abandon them but man :/.

vin-buc

DGAF - I made a complete newb move. Hawkien took me through the newbie KF raid and we got it done. I started the quest line for Touch of Malice and (as im sure you're all aware) the next step in the quest is DO THE KF RAID. I was so happy/so heartbroken last night. I couldn't go to sleep - not kidding lol.

If someone is doing an easy KF raid please bring me along. Any time starting 9:45pm EST. tonight. Not to expose myself but I'm not good at jumping platform on the daughters. :) and it's random - so if it's me we might wipe. Advanced notice to not let anyone down.

Thanks!

DGAF - I made a complete newb move. Hawkien took me through the newbie KF raid and we got it done. I started the quest line for Touch of Malice and (as im sure you're all aware) the next step in the quest is DO THE KF RAID. I was so happy/so heartbroken last night. I couldn't go to sleep - not kidding lol.

If someone is doing an easy KF raid please bring me along. Any time starting 9:45pm EST. tonight. Not to expose myself but I'm not good at jumping platform on the daughters. :) and it's random - so if it's me we might wipe. Advanced notice to not let anyone down.

Thanks!

I am sorry. Yeah if you find a group and need an extra let me know. We will get it done.

milkham

its the one thaennon sent over last night, remember now.

WIll have another bash tonight then.

1. gulfy
2. gulfs rather obnoxious litttle one
3. thaennon

We have the checkpoint so hopefully a run for ammo and supers and then getting it done.

7 eastern?

robo

its the one thaennon sent over last night, remember now.

WIll have another bash tonight then.

1. gulfy
2. gulfs rather obnoxious litttle one
3. thaennon
4. Ninja night

We have the checkpoint so hopefully a run for ammo and supers and then getting it done.

In orbit join when ready, think ninja is on as well. Atlus got it done this morning so 1 free slot, maybe two if saurs doesn't turn up.

TL;DR:

I'm looking to do the King's Fall raid this Saturday evening anywhere from 5pm - 12am (I'm in Pacific Time Zone) and was hoping to find 5 other chill guardians to run it with. I'm sick of playing with complete jerks on LFG and want a solid, patient group to do weekly events with and just have fun with the game.

I'm on PS4 / Warlock / LL 317 / ToM, Spindle, SleeperSim

-----------------------

So not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've been having issues finding decent people to play with. And I don't mean decent in terms of being good at the game but rather people who don't use racial, homophobic slurs while playing.

To recount an experience I had this weekend:

Went onto LFG looking for a group to do the King's Fall raid. I usually don't do raids except VoG because I don't have too much experience with them plus I can get pretty quiet on mic, but anyway ... I decided I had some time to kill, plus I still had a quest to finish up.

Found a group, got invited to the party. I am about to turn on my mic but I spawn in first and I see the group so I give them my Dark Soul's 'Praise the Light' emote and immediately get three replies saying, "ewww that was pretty gay!" "that was so gay!" "does this guy even have a mic?!"

I nope'd outta there right away. Quit the party. Exited the game. Turned off the PS4. It literally killed my enjoyment of the game for a good few days. I know it was super petty for me to get so upset so fast but just being hit with such negativity right off the bat was just disheartening. I've had some good experiences online before but this was just cream of the crop the worst despite it lasting only a few seconds.

TL;DR:

I'm looking to do the King's Fall raid this Saturday evening anywhere from 5pm - 12am (I'm in Pacific Time Zone) and was hoping to find 5 other chill guardians to run it with. I'm sick of playing with complete jerks on LFG and want a solid, patient group to do weekly events with and just have fun with the game.

-----------------------

So not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've been having issues finding decent people to play with. And I don't mean decent in terms of being good at the game but rather people who don't use racial, homophobic slurs while playing.

To recount an experience I had this weekend:

Went onto LFG looking for a group to do the King's Fall raid. I usually don't do raids except VoG because I don't have too much experience with them plus I can get pretty quiet on mic, but anyway ... I decided I had some time to kill, plus I still had a quest to finish up.

Found a group, got invited to the party. I am about to turn on my mic but I spawn in first and I see the group so I give them my Dark Soul's 'Praise the Light' emote and immediately get three replies saying, "ewww that was pretty gay!" "that was so gay!" "does this guy even have a mic?!"

I nope'd outta there right away. Quit the party. Exited the game. Turned off the PS4. It literally killed my enjoyment of the game for a good few days. I know it was super petty for me to get so upset so fast but just being hit with such negativity right off the bat was just disheartening. I've had some good experiences online before but this was just cream of the crop the worst despite it lasting only a few seconds.

I don't find that petty at all. I can't stand people that use that word as a negative thing. Major props to you. It sucks that a lot of people on line are like that. I have the same thing happen to me when I use LFG.

guys remember sharing the gorgon checkpoint with each other every week

i-have-no-memory-of-this-place.jpg

milkham

heyo trying to put a golgy normal cm run together for tonight around 8 pacific 11 eastern on playstation

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend

I don't find that petty at all. I can't stand people that use that word as a negative thing. Major props to you. It sucks that a lot of people on line are like that. I have the same thing happen to me when I use LFG.

Oddly enough, this is why I usually join LFG groups that post strict requirements and "No kids" for raids. Although I don't ever make listings, I tend to have the cleanest and quickest runs with those kinds of groups. We still get laughs and no one rages over petty mistakes, but everyone on reddit always shuns it while they are my kind of groups.

robo

heyo trying to put a golgy cm run together for tonight around 8 pacific 11 eastern on playstation

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend

I've only got warpriest and daughter's checkpoints so we can run from there or maybe i can get a golgy cp between now and then

I have the cp if your online

Eidelon

TL;DR:

I can't make it this Saturday, but I'm Pacific Time as well and would be glad to help out in the future. PSN name = Eidelon

Ferny

TL;DR:

I'm in! I would love to have a chill crew to just run stuff with on a weekly basis.

PSN: ThatGuyFern
LL 310 Titan.

So im on xbone, just got back into the game 6 days ago after dropping vanilla destiny, and i want to do this golgaroth challenge because it's the last week to get the fragment for year 2 triumphs.

i managed to get to Light level 307 warlock, got an OK sniper, and that's it. should i even bother trying to get the challenge? also, are any xbox dudes even doing this anytime soon?

Fig, what's "Storm Posse"? Totally caught me off guard, clan name hasn't changed for a whole year. RIP Ladies of Strong Back!

Um. It came from an in-joke on discord that spawned from my username. Nothing special really, just felt the right time for a change. 👀

And I don't do much carrying these days anyway. You can join a new clan if you like.

vin-buc

I'm in! I would love to have a chill crew to just run stuff with on a weekly basis.

PSN: ThatGuyFern
LL 310 Titan.

You can add me for standby as well. I'm EST though and probably could roll around 10pm EST. I'm definitely not a shepherd.

PSN: VIN-BUC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
huge thanks to Hawkian, Nooblet and Co. for carrying (and being patient) me through the entire KF raid. It was easy mode but it was fun.
Was an awesome run start to finish. Thanks again for bearing with me. Everybody did great :)

Thanks!
Ahh yeah that happens. There will be another KF next week if you haven't been able to get it done by then.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this popped up on my youtube feed. Ali A (biggest CoD youtuber 8 million subs) playing Destiny PvP shortly after launch.

No Shotguns, no snipers. Good medium range battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLd8lvkVRNA

Back when Destiny PvP used to be somewhat balanced.
haha. In this particular era of the Crucible the SUROS Regime was competitive at sniper ranges and Found Verdict was nigh-unstoppable in close quarters maps. The current meta is not at all my favorite but let's not go overboard romanticizing the launch days.

Top Bottom