• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

oSoLucky

reposting
will do golgoroth cm tonight at 11pm eastern. I only have the normal checkpoint.
if you just need the calcified fragment normal should be fine

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ruthless probably

Sign me up breh. KC_Darkness. Also, do you want to try to finish that run at Daughters this weekend?

We MLG now, I wish I could change my PSN to xXmLg36oN05cOpEzAllDaYXx
420 no scopes > 360 no scopes

Well they nerfed TLW. TLW has 8 range. 8. I have been trying to get the Chapperone quest done for a week now and am still stuck at 0% lol. I never had these weapons in year 1 and now they are all shit. Well, i still go positive with TLW so its not that bad but its not good enough to go on streaks.

The way I got through that step of the Chaperone quest was to have TLW equipped, and just roll in Mayhem Crucible playlists over and over and wreck as much as possible with my Super and whatever Heavy drops I could get my hands on. What class are you?

darthbob

Destiny Update 2.4.0 Coming Soon™
Destiny Update 2.4.0 will become available for download to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on September 8th, 2016. Server Maintenance and Downtime will also occur on this date, from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM PDT. Once maintenance has concluded, players may proceed to download Destiny Update 2.4.0.

Along with this extended downtime, Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App functionality will be limited. The conclusion of maintenance will be announced through @BungieHelp, followed by the publication of Update 2.4.0 patch notes to the Game Updates page.

In preparation for Destiny Update 2.4.0, please see the following:
Please ensure that you have the proper amount of space available to accept Update 2.4.0.
Interrupting downloads may force all previous content to be re-downloaded on some consoles.
Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading Update 2.4.0. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more.

This is the download to prepare for Rise of Iron, it has to be. The 8AM to 4PM downtime seems excessive for hot-fixes. ;)

I've got a friend that claims he wants to get the moments of triumph done before the launch of rise of iron. We'll see how committed he really is, but I'm going to try to help him do it. I believe he still needs to finish collecting all of the calcified fragments, which puts a few bigger time sensitive activities on the list. All 3 raid challenge modes need to be completed as well as a hard mode oryx kill, among other things.

So basically I'm looking to see if the DestinyGAF xboners are still playing from time to time, and would have any interest jumping into a few of these activities if they go down. Let me know, you know who you are.

robo

I've got a friend that claims he wants to get the moments of triumph done before the launch of rise of iron. We'll see how committed he really is, but I'm going to try to help him do it. I believe he still needs to finish collecting all of the calcified fragments, which puts a few bigger time sensitive activities on the list. All 3 raid challenge modes need to be completed as well as a hard mode oryx kill, among other things.

So basically I'm looking to see if the DestinyGAF xboners are still playing from time to time, and would have any interest jumping into a few of these activities if they go down. Let me know, you know who you are.

He needs to do the golgaroth one before Tuesday otherwise he will not get it again before roi drops

I'd be up for anything really, though i don't have much experience with the raid, i do want the challenges as well. especially since xbone people seem rare round here.

GT: DangerByrnes

MrDaravon

Ha, I came across a group right as they were spawning into the start of VoG and I helped them with the plates; totally unnecessary I'm sure, but it's always hilarious doing that.

Also yeah multiple reports of PSN being fucked, seems to be the usual thing where if you're already on you seem to be okay, but anyone trying to get on now is screwed :/

deafmedal

TL;DR:

I'm looking to do the King's Fall raid this Saturday evening anywhere from 5pm - 12am (I'm in Pacific Time Zone) and was hoping to find 5 other chill guardians to run it with. I'm sick of playing with complete jerks on LFG and want a solid, patient group to do weekly events with and just have fun with the game.

I'm on PS4 / Warlock / LL 317 / ToM, Spindle, SleeperSim

-----------------------
I can be a bit gruff, I curse a lot, have been known to be sarcastic and love complaining about/making fun of the game but it's usually in jest. That word may slip out occasionally from folks I've played with but not often. With that said, if my pseudo-jerkness isn't too off-putting feel free to add me, Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays are when the majority of my game time comes in. I love running raids, especially with folks who haven't ran 'em yet. Shoot me an invite, just say you are from GAF and mention this post and we'll get a chill group together... might just run all 3 raids!

420 no scopes > 360 no scopes
Thank you :mad:

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I can be a bit gruff, I curse a lot, have been known to be sarcastic and love complaining about/making fun of the game but it's usually in jest. That word may slip out occasionally from folks I've played with but not often. With that said, if my pseudo-jerkness isn't too off-putting feel free to add me, Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays are when the majority of my game time comes in. I love running raids, especially with folks who haven't ran 'em yet. Shoot me an invite, just say you are from GAF and mention this post and we'll get a chill group together... might just run all 3 raids!

His singing is... something. When that starts happening in the raid...

So basically I'm looking to see if the DestinyGAF xboners are still playing from time to time, and would have any interest jumping into a few of these activities if they go down.

GT: DangerByrnes

Down for anything. Ran NM golgy challange with three other Xbox DGAFers last night, but didn't save a check point. Two of the six were raid virgins, and am happy to guide anyone else willing to listen through it.

Get a sniper rifle.

GT is same as GAF

MrDaravon

Hmm, so as a returning player should I be spending Strange Coins on 3oC at this point? I left long ago enough that there are a chunk of Y2 exotics I'm missing, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending Strange Coins on exotics Xur is selling that I already have the Y1 version of since I can spend Marks to get them, but alternatively not sure if I should if I should be buying 3oC either to get exotics at this point since I have like 70% of them and the rest I'm missing are Y1's I can upgrade or have specific drops (Queens Y2 stuff from CoE etc).

Or I guess to put it another way do we have any idea what kind of value Strange Coins and/or 3oC are going to have come RoI?

deafmedal

Hmm, so as a returning player should I be spending Strange Coins on 3oC at this point? I left long ago enough that there are a chunk of Y2 exotics I'm missing, but I'm not sure if it's worth spending Strange Coins on exotics Xur is selling that I already have the Y1 version of since I can spend Marks to get them, but alternatively not sure if I should if I should be buying 3oC either to get exotics at this point since I have like 70% of them and the rest I'm missing are Y1's I can upgrade or have specific drops (Queens Y2 stuff from CoE etc).

Or I guess to put it another way do we have any idea what kind of value Strange Coins and/or 3oC are going to have come RoI?
Not sure if SC will have extra value for ROI but 3oC have plenty of value now, especially for us who aren't 335, good source of infusion fodder to inch that LL up. I'll be spending all muh SC on 3oC tomorrow (I have around 30 but long wknd...)

Ruthless and Jaf..

Sorry for dragging you into that raid, I feel bad but at the very least some guardians made progress.

You guys are good sports, thanks again

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The way I got through that step of the Chaperone quest was to have TLW equipped, and just roll in Mayhem Crucible playlists over and over and wreck as much as possible with my Super and whatever Heavy drops I could get my hands on. What class are you?
Yeah i heard about that and tried it on Tuesday but it's a fucking mad house. Everyone runs away from my hammers and keeps sniping me with golden guns. I only have this quest on my titan and warlock.

Xur wishlist:

1. Alchemist's Raiment
2. The Hereafter
3. Skull of Dire Ahamkara
4. Thumb Skill

I'm assuming he'll never sell stuff like Mythoclast or Jade Rabbit.

MrDaravon

Not sure if SC will have extra value for ROI but 3oC have plenty of value now, especially for us who aren't 335, good source of infusion fodder to inch that LL up. I'll be spending all muh SC on 3oC tomorrow (I have around 30 but long wknd...)

Sure, but like any expansion to these type of games being 335 at RoI launch is going to probably be made pointless pretty quickly with upgrades going through the story stuff in RoI; LL is about the last thing I'm concerned with right now.

Also I'm seriously THIS close to just trashing almost everything in my vault that's not an exotic; currently keeping one of all the raid stuff and a handful of other things but I'm tired of keeping track of it, I don't have quite full sets of most stuff anyway, Vault space isn't increasing with RoI and it's not like I'm ever going to actually equip anything from say VoG outside of some weird edge case in Crucible or for nostalgia or something.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Is it me or are Gunslinger grenades just bad? I tried using them in COE with my hunter, who I'm still getting used to, but they just don't seem to do any damage.

All Hunter grenades now feel impotent and ineffectual to me. They're heavily "balanced" towards being extremely situational tools. It can be really frustrating when all you want is a quick AoE ability.

Xur wishlist:

1. Alchemist's Raiment
2. The Hereafter
3. Skull of Dire Ahamkara
4. Thumb Skill

I'm assuming he'll never sell stuff like Mythoclast or Jade Rabbit.
Well yeah. Jade Rabbit is a PS exclusive, so Xur won't sell that until it's not exclusive.

Also, Mythoclast is only obtainable through VoG. It will never be sold. Just like Nechrocasm.

Trace

Banned
All Hunter grenades now feel impotent and ineffectual to me. They're heavily "balanced" towards being extremely situational tools. It can be really frustrating when all you want is a quick AoE ability.

Nerfing tripmine was kind of disgusting given how good every damn Titan grenade is.

deafmedal

Sure, but like any expansion to these type of games being 335 at RoI launch is going to probably be made pointless pretty quickly with upgrades going through the story stuff in RoI; LL is about the last thing I'm concerned with right now.

Also I'm seriously THIS close to just trashing almost everything in my vault that's not an exotic; currently keeping one of all the raid stuff and a handful of other things but I'm tired of keeping track of it, I don't have quite full sets of most stuff anyway, Vault space isn't increasing with RoI and it's not like I'm ever going to actually equip anything from say VoG outside of some weird edge case in Crucible or for nostalgia or something.
I can see that but what else is there to do right now save finishing MoT? I'd argue that keeping exotics that you don't use is pointless as they are easily obtainable now and easily upgraded. It's going to be a mad rush to get raid ready, no less three times so, assuming LL system stays basically the same then being as high as possible before ROI hits will be beneficial in that regard.

Also, VoG gear stays. Forever :) Next VoG I'm gonna run VoG guns I didn't use a lot- AE,PT/PF,PR/HV. And I'll be damn good lookin doing it. But I'm a weirdo who loves running Vault😝

I can see that but what else is there to do right now save finishing MoT? I'd argue that keeping exotics that you don't use is pointless as they are easily obtainable now and easily upgraded. It's going to be a mad rush to get raid ready, no less three times so, assuming LL system stays basically the same then being as high as possible before ROI hits will be beneficial in that regard.

Also, VoG gear stays. Forever :) Next VoG I'm gonna run VoG guns I didn't use a lot- AE,PT/PF,PR/HV. And I'll be damn good lookin doing it. But I'm a weirdo who loves running Vault😝

Planning a VoG run this weekend? I'm down to join, I wanna stock up on armor sets for my fashion corner

reposting
will do golgoroth cm tonight at 11pm eastern. I only have the normal checkpoint.

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ruthless probably

Hey I have a friend (a gaffer) who would also like to go.

So Dr_Boris_Goltz and TKRunningRiot if you have the spots.

Edit: We're still able to get all three fragments as long as we start this week, right?

We are gonna try to do a marathon though no set time so when we run Vault you could tag along. When's good for you?

My best times are Monday nights-Wednesday nights(I can also do Thursday all day), as I can do all-nighters then. I can do weekend nights sometimes, but not marathon style on those days(Unless we start earlyish and end not too lateish)~

I'd be down for it though, though.

todd360

I somehow deleted destiny? Wtf. I was trying to log in during the down time and then I gave up and turned off my ps4. I don't remember clicking delete anywhere. They should make it harder to delete games...

phen0m24

I somehow deleted destiny? Wtf. I was trying to log in during the down time and then I gave up and turned off my ps4. I don't remember clicking delete anywhere. They should make it harder to delete games...

Hahaha come on Todd admit you were like "This darn game!" Hahaha

SnakeEyes

Banned
No worries, happy to help.

Next time invite ji66a for some crispy sighs, especially at jumping puzzles :p
ji66a's sighs are evil.

Go home Todd, you were obviously drunk.

deafmedal

Planning a VoG run this weekend?
Asks about this wknd...

My best times are Monday nights-Wednesday nights(I can also do Thursday all day), as I can do all-nighters then. I can do weekend nights sometimes, but not marathon style on those days(Unless we start earlyish and end not too lateish)~

I'd be down for it though, though.
Says can't be on that much for wknd :p

Looking like 5-6 pm CST on Sat... cool?

milkham

reposting

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ruthless probably
4. rodslayer
5. kc_darkness
6. Dr_Boris_Goltz

doc are you cool to go without your buddy?
this week is the last chance to get golgoroth fragment for the moments of triumph

shermas

I'm about to trash all the exotics in my vault that I don't use bc I can just re-buy them at the kiosk.

With the purples, I don't WANT to trash them yet, because I already have 200 marks and a ton of planetary mats. If I have every spot full of useless purples, I can turn them into 3, 4 or 5 marks per breakdown after ROI hits. Then I can use those marks to buy vendor gear.

I'm just using strange coins for heavy ammo right now so I can rank up vendors.

I don't know if that's the best strategy or not, but I'm not sure what to do... I have about 800 strange coins, 2500 motes, 100 3oC, 4000 weapon parts, mats for days, etc.

Edit: And like 60 or 70 exotic engrams.

HYPE.

Top Bottom