• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kalamari

Why is it that Hand Cannons have Icarus, Auto Rifles have Icarus, and Scout Rifles have Icarus, but Pulse Rifles do not?

So with Rise of Iron getting closer and the thought of the next "thing" after it being what I assume is Destiny "2" next fall (Could just be a subtitle but with a price of 60 like a new game) What do you guys think we can realistically expect from it in terms of areas?

I don't think we'll see much more than what Destiny currently has/will have in RoI with Patrol zones but I hope they do more areas akin to the Phobos mission, it's an area not available in patrol and completely separate from mars. I wouldn't be upset about there only being one Patrol zone on Earth again if Bungie decided to just have other Missions/Strikes ect set in completely different areas.

Ghazi

there will be a weapon patch with RoI

[–]Cozmo23 1 point an hour ago
Wanted to clarify this as there was some confusion over the question and Scott misspoke. There will be weapon tuning changes with Rise of Iron.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...firmed_there_will_not_be_an_immediate/d76ejc9

HC nerf incoming

That's nice of him to stop by and clear that up, I can see how "Will we be getting weapon and class tuning?" is a confusing question that needed to be readdressed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone

If Rise doesn't fix lag issues might have to look into the netduma. If Max says it's good it's good. Sends info to cops if people DDS you.

I care way more about connection issues than weapon balance. Get the first fixed and worry about the second later.

JonnyKong

Hey Destiny gaffers,

I've been thinking of getting back into this game as I do miss it, I haven't played it in about a year and a half so I'll have all the dlc and Taken King stuff to go through.

The only issue is, when I stopped playing ages ago I did the whole press options then delete the game thing on my ps4.

Is my character still going to be there? And will it still have my save game progress? Can't really be bothered to play through the main campaign again.

Thankyou :)

Hey Destiny gaffers,

I've been thinking of getting back into this game as I do miss it, I haven't played it in about a year and a half so I'll have all the dlc and Taken King stuff to go through.

The only issue is, when I stopped playing ages ago I did the whole press options then delete the game thing on my ps4.

Is my character still going to be there? And will it still have my save game progress? Can't really be bothered to play through the main campaign again.

Yep, all your character data is held Bungie side

Eusis

Hey Destiny gaffers,

Did you delete the data locally? Because the game saved the character data to the cloud, as the beta demonstrated to me and they notably just broke in August by having you agree to segregate your PS3/PS4 data as the PS3/360 would no longer be supported from Rise of Iron onwards.

JonnyKong

Did you delete the data locally? Because the game saved the character data to the cloud, as the beta demonstrated to me and they notably just broke in August by having you agree to segregate your PS3/PS4 data as the PS3/360 would no longer be supported from Rise of Iron onwards.

I deleted it locally on my ps4.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm looking forward to getting back into the looting.

Eusis

I deleted it locally on my ps4.

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm looking forward to getting back into the looting.
Ohh, I realized a potential way to check is to log into Bungie with your PSN. If it shows your char data then yeah you're probably OK.

But you're probably OK anyway!

JonnyKong

Ohh, I realized a potential way to check is to log into Bungie with your PSN. If it shows your char data then yeah you're probably OK.

But you're probably OK anyway!

I've just had a look and he's still on there :) my little level 28 Warlock. I'm sorry I've deserted you for so long friend!

GorillaJu

I've not played the game for quite a while here and just logged back in for the first time, I guess the quickest way to increase light level is Challenge of Elders and/or Nightfall?

Anyone care to run one of these? I'm LL 313.

robo

got the golgaroth normal checkpoint on my Titan in case anyone else needed it, completed my Y2 last night with Warlock.

Will hopefully do it again this weekend as I want to get all three guardians completed before ROI drops, just to clear the quest markers.

Also if anyone has a Sisters checkpoint, i need them and oryx for my hunter to clear the two associated quests.

Also need 2x VOG runs for titan and Hunter for the no time to explain quests.

Cleptomania OCD is the worst!!

Kudo

Slowly getting back into Destiny for Rise of Iron and kind of want that Year 2 completion too.
Are the challenge modes on weekly rotation so basically if I don't get Golgoroth before next wednesday I cannot obtain all the 50 fragments? Also how hard are the quest lines for Y2, need to do those too.

GorillaJu

Slowly getting back into Destiny for Rise of Iron and kind of want that Year 2 completion too.
Are the challenge modes on weekly rotation so basically if I don't get Golgoroth before next wednesday I cannot obtain all the 50 fragments? Also how hard are the quest lines for Y2, need to do those too.

I just learned it's mostly retroactive, so if you did stuff already, it's already completed on your book.

However, I'm not getting exp/level ups in my book, despite having half the thing already completed. (?)

Xur in the tower hanger:

Eternal Warrior (lol)
Knucklehead Radar
Obsidian mind
The Last Word
Legacy Heavy engram

I've not played the game for quite a while here and just logged back in for the first time, I guess the quickest way to increase light level is Challenge of Elders and/or Nightfall?

Anyone care to run one of these? I'm LL 313.

Quickest would be doing the King's Fall raid, but yes, both nightfall and CoE can drop highest light items.

Doing a CoE card with a friend, join if you like.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Also if anyone has a Sisters checkpoint, i need them and oryx for my hunter to clear the two associated quests.

I have HM daughters checkpoint on my titan.

You have to get Gologorpth CM this week, before the tuesday reset.

Dibbs

Looking at the list of Y2 Triumphs, with LL 294 and limited game time thanks to life, will I be able to complete any of them? Where should I start? /heartbroken

Good games everyone

If Rise doesn't fix lag issues might have to look into the netduma. If Max says it's good it's good. Sends info to cops if people DDS you.

I care way more about connection issues than weapon balance. Get the first fixed and worry about the second later.

Check your pm

Anyone up for Crota normal mode at around 22 CEST (10 hours from now) on PSN?
It will be my first run in that raid so guidance would be nice.
My PSN is pnnn.

1. throwawayname

Sky Walker

Anyone up for Crota normal mode at around 22 CEST (10 hours from now) on PSN?
It will be my first run in that raid so guidance would be nice.
My PSN is pnnn.

1. throwawayname
I can walk you the whole raid just the 2 of us including killing crota :p I used to solo it 3 times a week with my alts for shards to exchange them for glimmers and mots .unfortunately I might be going to Chicago after 10 hours.

MrDaravon

Do Warlock or Titans ever spec for Strength really? Now that Xur's back I'm buying some glass needles to re-roll some of my exotics that rolled crap and/or with default Strength rolls because I never really use the melee stuff at all, or not enough for cooldown to be a factor (not that pretty much all of the Hunter grenades don't also suck).

Do Warlock or Titans ever spec for Strength really? Now that Xur's back I'm buying some glass needles to re-roll some of my exotics that rolled crap and/or with default Strength rolls because fuck pretty much all of the hunter greandes (outside of Tripmine for PvP).

Stormcaller melee is best melee in the game. Best spec for stormcaller is max intellect and max strength.

Defender titans as well, force barrier is OP esp if you use shotguns and no backup plans.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Most of the time I would be worried about talk of a weapon rebalance, but I can't think of too much that feels OP or is used too predominantly in PvP. I have been switching guns for different maps and different modes and never seem to be killed by any one weapon or even any one type of weapon way more than others. Maybe just nerf shoulder charge? :p

Top Bottom