• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

reposting
will do golgoroth cm tonight at 11pm eastern. I only have the normal checkpoint.
if you just need the calcified fragment normal should be fine

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ruthless probably
4. rodslayer
5. kc_darkness
6. Dr_Boris_Goltz

doc are you cool to go without your buddy?
this week is the last chance to get golgoroth fragment for the moments of triumph

Hey sorry my spot is free if I can't get in with RunningRiot as well. We'll find another group down the line.

Edit:

rodslayer said he was a maybe so maybe?

Ah cool let us know!

deafmedal

6 PM cst is good for me :p I get off at 6 CST....

I have a peculiar schedule >_> But I'd be able to run for a good....7 hours on saturday after that time

OK! Stick around as long as you can stomach :p I think HaRyu and comms and I are gonna shoot for Sunday for our marathon so probably just be VoG and KF Sat night.

KERNAL! you marathoning with us?

shermas

I can see that but what else is there to do right now save finishing MoT? I'd argue that keeping exotics that you don't use is pointless as they are easily obtainable now and easily upgraded. It's going to be a mad rush to get raid ready, no less three times so, assuming LL system stays basically the same then being as high as possible before ROI hits will be beneficial in that regard.

Also, VoG gear stays. Forever :) Next VoG I'm gonna run VoG guns I didn't use a lot- AE,PT/PF,PR/HV. And I'll be damn good lookin doing it. But I'm a weirdo who loves running Vault😝

Rushing through the story will help you rank up faster than storing a bunch of exotics, won't it? Bungie is being coy about what'll happen to the exotics we already have in our vault. At least purples will give you marks, so you can buy new gear. If exotics roll out at 335 or whatever, they won't be of much use, at all, except for ranking up the cryptarch. And Rahool is terrible, so who even wants to stand there with him?

phen0m24

OK! Stick around as long as you can stomach :p I think HaRyu and comms and I are gonna shoot for Sunday for our marathon so probably just be VoG and KF Sat night.

KERNAL! you marathoning with us?

Sunday I might be around. Sunday is tough for me as I spend time with my parents and stuff but I'll try.

deafmedal

Rushing through the story will help you rank up faster than storing a bunch of exotics, won't it? Bungie is being coy about what'll happen to the exotics we already have in our vault. At least purples will give you marks, so you can buy new gear. If exotics roll out at 335 or whatever, they won't be of much use, at all, except for ranking up the cryptarch. And Rahool is terrible, so who even wants to stand there with him?

You misunderstand. I ain't storing shit :p I open 'em right away and if it's not useful I immediately dump it into something that is. But I've been gone for a while so I have some catching up to do. I reckon your purple idea is sound what with the LM cap but who knows, maybe new stuffs can be yet another exciting form of currency!

oSoLucky

Anyone have tips for the Imprecation part of First Curse besides cheese? I want to do it legit before I fall back on cheesing.

Ugh, first Rumble got 6 in the first 5 minutes then a looooong death streak.

Is there enough interest for a Hard Golgoroth CM? Would have 2 or 3 spots. Experience not necessary and LL not important. You can message me on PSN (ReignofSparrows) if interested.

reposting
will do golgoroth cm tonight at 11pm eastern. I only have the normal checkpoint.

this week is the last chance to get golgoroth fragment for the moments of triumph

if someone needs it i'll hop out..

I FUCKJNG LOVE GETTING WEASEL IN THE MIDDLE OF A RUMBLE MATCH

also fuck anyone who uses gom and pc+1

swear all people do is bounce around with pc+1 in rumble nowadays its fucking annoying

oSoLucky

Damn. In 3 Rumble matches I've seen 2 total people not running with their shotgun like it's a primary. They were both Last Wording. What is going on.

literally if bungie just nerfed the pc+1 and gom rumble would be so much better

I've been saying for a couple of pages now that shotguns are getting out of hand, but what's wrong with Grasp? It's not easy to get, it's not as easy to land a whole burst of head shots as other pulses, and it has other competition that's as good or better in the same category in Hawksaw & PDX. It's definitely a strong weapon, but I don't see it as OP in any way. Not when MIDA/Eyasluna/Finala's/Monte Carlo etc. are out there doing work too.

XenoRaven

I somehow deleted destiny? Wtf. I was trying to log in during the down time and then I gave up and turned off my ps4. I don't remember clicking delete anywhere. They should make it harder to delete games...
I didn't think our Trials run was THAT bad

reposting

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ruthless probably
4. rodslayer
5. kc_darkness
6. Dr_Boris_Goltz

Thanks for the run!

UberLevi

Hey, gang.

I was wanting to get the Dawncaller shader in the Moments of Triumph before the deadline, but I need 4 more challenges. I was wondering if you guys could recommend them according to difficulty. I've already got two, The Play's The Thing for completing TTK's questline, and The Third Element for maxing out Sunbreaker.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the help Fig and Wicked! That was shockingly quick and painless. Got two small upgrades and the exotic that dropped from him with my 3oC dropped the only exotic Hunter helm I was still missing from Y2 (the Archlyophage) which rolled pretty well and is also a LL upgrade :D

Still need to do the NF and CoE this week but at least that's done.

Sky Walker

Am I the only one who teabags
the ultras if I "and the random team" melted them too fast in Vanguard Heroic Strikes
?

rezn0r

Thanks for the help Fig and Wicked! That was shockingly quick and painless. Got two small upgrades and the exotic that dropped from him with my 3oC dropped the only exotic Hunter helm I was still missing from Y2 (the Archlyophage) which rolled pretty well and is also a LL upgrade :D

Still need to do the NF and CoE this week but at least that's done.

THANK YOU GUYS! GAF rocks. 1 last fragment next week to go for me!

ReignofSparrows, figadapaura, JustGotWicked, MrDaravon, PrivateWHudson = the MVPs

I'm probably going to be MIA until Monday, but I'll be checking back to hand out Golg checkpoints in case anyone needs them around then. I'll watch the thread too in case I can jump on before then.

Hey, gang.

I was wanting to get the Dawncaller shader in the Moments of Triumph before the deadline, but I need 4 more challenges. I was wondering if you guys could recommend them according to difficulty. I've already got two, The Play's The Thing for completing TTK's questline, and The Third Element for maxing out Sunbreaker.

Remaining Moments of Triumph, from easiest to hardest:

Challenge of the Elders - People run this every week, it's pretty fun and one of the best ways to get high level gear. Just get a partner or two who know how to juice that week's setup, run the challenge 3 times, and you're done.

Return to the Reef - I don't even remember checking this one off so it can't be that tough.

This Is Amazing - I'm a total PvP scrub and I was able to grind this out. It's just a matter of keeping going at it until you've checked off all the boxes.

A Blade Reborn - This is a grind-athon, and involves waiting a week in the middle of it, but aside from two tricky but not impossible boss fights, this is achievable. I got the grindy part in the middle of the quest done in ~4 hours.

The Sword Logic - You'll need a good group to run with, a LL ~320, a reliable exotic and an ability to keep your cool. This is the biggest PvE challenge the game has to throw at you, but it's doable if you're with someone who knows what to do.

Eris Morn's Revenge - Literally the hardest achievement in the game, it takes dozens of hours and tons of coordination with other players along the way. For hopeless Destiny addicts only.

Lunar FC

Haven't played the game in awhile or visited this thread. Just saw the OT and learned the news about Boguester. So bummed. Dude helped me beat Skolas, probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a game. Great guy, will be missed.

Top Bottom