• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I can walk you the whole raid just the 2 of us including killing crota :p I used to solo it 3 times a week with my alts for shards to exchange them for glimmers and mots .unfortunately I might be going to Chicago after 10 hours.

That would be awesome, if not today maybe some other time :]
I tried to run it blind and solo a couple of times but failed at the Thrall part... I'll definitely try it again after I finish it in a normal run with people.

Anybody around for some CoE?
I would if on PSN and you don't mind a newbie. ID is pnnn.

Most of the time I would be worried about talk of a weapon rebalance, but I can't think of too much that feels OP or is used too predominantly in PvP. I have been switching guns for different maps and different modes and never seem to be killed by any one weapon or even any one type of weapon way more than others. Maybe just nerf shoulder charge? :p

Why would you want to take the last bastion of fun in destiny crucible away from us, WHY?

SpecX

Most of the time I would be worried about talk of a weapon rebalance, but I can't think of too much that feels OP or is used too predominantly in PvP. I have been switching guns for different maps and different modes and never seem to be killed by any one weapon or even any one type of weapon way more than others. Maybe just nerf shoulder charge? :p
Fuck that, I would perm quick of they did that as that's how I get my kills in a good match. Seriously if shoulder charge gets nerfed before warlock melees then I will be pissed.

UberLevi

Remaining Moments of Triumph, from easiest to hardest:

Challenge of the Elders - People run this every week, it's pretty fun and one of the best ways to get high level gear. Just get a partner or two who know how to juice that week's setup, run the challenge 3 times, and you're done.

Return to the Reef - I don't even remember checking this one off so it can't be that tough.

This Is Amazing - I'm a total PvP scrub and I was able to grind this out. It's just a matter of keeping going at it until you've checked off all the boxes.

A Blade Reborn - This is a grind-athon, and involves waiting a week in the middle of it, but aside from two tricky but not impossible boss fights, this is achievable. I got the grindy part in the middle of the quest done in ~4 hours.

The Sword Logic - You'll need a good group to run with, a LL ~320, a reliable exotic and an ability to keep your cool. This is the biggest PvE challenge the game has to throw at you, but it's doable if you're with someone who knows what to do.

Eris Morn's Revenge - Literally the hardest achievement in the game, it takes dozens of hours and tons of coordination with other players along the way. For hopeless Destiny addicts only.

Thanks. So Eris Morn's Revenge isn't as simple as watching a walkthrough for the fragment locations and just running around collecting them one by one?

maomaoIYP

If this is how crucible is going to be for year 3 too, well fuck....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvj5yHdhCXg

Load in with 12 players, ends up 2v4 out of nowhere. Players taking no damage, warping through the geometry. No hit markers, lag everywhere.

Never forget.
CahCMTLVAAEWran.jpg:large

hitlerat

Hey, Back to play destiny since january...

Got a Hand cannon called Imago Loop with Firefly and Partial Refund...
Is it a good HC for pve? Im stll using a Hungry Jury...

Thanks

Homeboyd

Hey, Back to play destiny this since since january...

Got a Hand cannon called Imago Loop with Firefly and Partial Refund...
Is it a good HC for pve? Im stll using a Hungry Jury...

Thanks
Asked wipedout. He's the local imago poop expert.

Yeah it sounds pretty nice but what are the other perks/sights?

Homeboyd

TrueSight IS, SureShot IS, QuickDraw IS
Extended Mag, Feather Mag, Demotion
Hand cannons are kind of in a bad place right now for pve compared to scouts. You got the best sight options you could get (sureshot/truesight), but no range perk which you need (rifled/reinforced barrel ideally). Even with a god rolled HC, scouts are still better in most encounters. Prob keep using HJ imo if it's the old vendor roll.

hitlerat

Hand cannons are kind of in a bad place right now for pve compared to scouts. You got the best sight options you could get (sureshot/truesight), but no range perk which you need (rifled/reinforced barrel ideally). Even with a god rolled HC, scouts are still better in most encounters. Prob keep using HJ imo if it's the old vendor roll.

Thanks,,,
And what you think about Tlaloc?

Geist-

Thanks,,,
And what you think about Tlaloc?

I'm no expert, but to me it's the best thing in the world for a Sunsinger Warlock. If I'm doing a raid or something and don't need to rez too often, I can keep my super up almost the entire time and that increased damage output is so useful.

But, I've been a fan of it since TTK came out, so I might be biased.

Dez_

If this is how crucible is going to be for year 3 too, well fuck....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvj5yHdhCXg

Load in with 12 players, ends up 2v4 out of nowhere. Players taking no damage, warping through the geometry. No hit markers, lag everywhere.
Lol, good god that was infuriating to watch. Having Shaxx tell you that you're better than this after not being able to kill the invincible Hunter is an extra kick in the teeth. Also, I don't understand why red bar players make it so difficult for you to pick up special/heavy ammo.

Anyone heading to PAX and doesn't mind picking up a fellow gaurdian that pin set? I can PayPal, Cash app, or Chase mobile pay you the funds. PM please.

robo

My obnoxious little one keeps asking why I don't play PVP in destiny,

Deaths Video just answered his question.

Why would you even stay in the game, I would have been gone ages before then.

its just sad that this shit is still a thing

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol, good god that was infuriating to watch. Having Shaxx tell you that you're better than this after not being able to kill the invincible Hunter is an extra kick in the teeth. Also, I don't understand why red bar players make it so difficult for you to pick up special/heavy ammo.

Something similar happened to me last night. I picked up heavy ammo, sat down and saw a blade dancer zig zagging my way from quite some distance away. this heavy machine gun is still a 4 shot kill so i stayed there and took him on. he ate the entire magazine. he was definitely taking damage but my last ten bullets didnt register as he got close and killed me with just a tiny bit of health left.

i think the game has trouble keeping track of people blinking and zig zagging.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Why would you want to take the last bastion of fun in destiny crucible away from us, WHY?
It's the only thing I could think of. I didn't mention Storm caller melee because I enjoy it too much to see it nerfed. I'm still annoyed by the tripmine weakening. I hope the next balance isn't that arbitrary.

Lee

Did you see the markup on the last pins they released? Some ass bought like 90% of the stock and started selling at 100% profit. It's fucked up.

I bought one of each from the Bungie store, and they got lost in shipment, but they were able to replace them a few weeks later. So they have more around, maybe only enough for replacements. Although they are giving folks the Tricorn pin in that tournament at PAX, so they might have more on hand for the future.

Yeah, scalpers ruin everything. I never bought TTK collectors edition, and I look from time to time, and it's still like $150-200... I get supply and demand, but it's just abusive pricing.

JJShadow

I just made a list of all the quests/stuff/gear I'd like to complete or obtain before RoI hits and it's almost two pages long, I'd need to take two weeks off work to get it done lol

Would you focus on reaching 335 LL before RoI or it is more advisable to focus on getting specific pieces of gear such as the exotic sword, black spindle, touch of malice...?

I just made a list of all the quests/stuff/gear I'd like to complete or obtain before RoI hits and it's almost two pages long, I'd need to take two weeks off work to get it done lol

Would you focus on reaching 335 LL before RoI or it is more advisable to focus on getting specific pieces of gear such as the exotic sword, black spindle, touch of malice...?

The latter, easily. You'll need to be like 280-290 for RoI quests, and once you get started on those quests, much higher LL gear will start dropping like candy.

spyder_ur

Definitely the second. Being 335 doesn't even matter right now for anything, and it'll mean even less the day ROI hits.

specdot

Dunno why, but this image made me burst out laughing.
Same. Lmao. Whenever it happens to me (usually during Iron Banner against pub stomps because some guardians are to scared to go up against a team of 6) I go for the first blood, preceed to tea bag furiously and then leave. I usually get a friendly lol from the opposition.

todd360

Definitely the second. Being 335 doesn't even matter right now for anything, and it'll mean even less the day ROI hits.

The light level increase in april was pretty much meaningless. They probably only put it in so people would grind for stuff and feel like they were making progress again. I don't have a single character at 335 light because there was no reason to try for it. Once the dlc comes out I will blow past that number within an hour anyways.

Thanks. So Eris Morn's Revenge isn't as simple as watching a walkthrough for the fragment locations and just running around collecting them one by one?

The six from Challenge mode and T3 Court of Oryx are timed so you can only do 2 per week— and given the time, you must do this week's two. Here's a checklist website.

You need to get them all on the same character.

ocean

Banned

Most of the fragments are just exploration. A few require solving puzzles or reaching hard-to-reach spots (DAMN YOU SMELL CHEST).

There's a few which require killing specific bosses in the Court of Oryx.

But I'm guessing he means it's the hardest because getting all 50 fragments will ultimately require you to do all 3 King's Fall Challenges. These aren't particularly difficult, but I'd be lying if I said they were trivial. You'll need a decent team with at least a few people knowing the encounters well enough to identify and correct any problems your team might be facing.

Silk04

Finally got all characters to 335 before my vacation. Probably going to try to edge out the reps on them after I get back bit until then see u guys sept 20.

Top Bottom