• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ok GAF, which is better for PvP?

dmRfXMR.jpg

Dez_

Both weapons can 3 burst kill, so Hawksaw is better since it has a faster rate of fire. That said, I still like to bring in my vendor Nirwen's into 6v6. I still find it to be a reliable and stable gun to use. Give both a try and feel them out.

but what stats are you seeing to tell you the Hawksaw's TTK is better?

edit: thanks Dez, I see now. I really want to hate Hawksaw because it's so ugly but I'm running it in Crucible right now and it does feel really good.

Dez_

but what stats are you seeing to tell you the Hawksaw's TTK is better?

edit: thanks Dez, I see now. I really want to hate Hawksaw because it's so ugly but I'm running it in Crucible right now and it does feel really good.

I like to run Nirwen's with the red dot sight that has increased target acquisition and braced frame. The increase in stability may be slight, but that's what drew me to the gun in the first place and was probably the first time I started to play okay in crucible games.

Vendor hawksaw is just better all around. I use the second sight, SPO-28 I believe for that increased aim assist as well. If you don't like the look (color) of the hawksaw, you can always buy a PD-X 45 and hope for some better rolls with the gunsmith. Still waiting for a perfect balance, counter balance, rifled barrel for a goder roll.

Zakalwe

Banned
Back in the game, and it seems that I've gone from content starved exotic hording raid spammer to overwhelmed rabbit eyed newbie.

-

Currently working through TTK story. Unlocking new subclass skills and leveling up.

I have some questions:

I've got tonnes of year 1 exotics. Am I right in thinking these are useless now? That I need to save marks to craft year two versions?

Is there no way to upgrade my Y1 items directly?

I also got a bunch of seemingly cosmetic Armour pieces in my Sterling Silver bags. How are these used (once I hit 40 of course).

Is the Eververse Trader the only place to spend silver?

Is there anything important I should know before I start looking at new exotic weapons/Armour/etc...

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Back in the game, and it seems that I've gone from content starved exotic hording raid spammer to overwhelmed rabbit eyed newbie.

-

Currently working through TTK story. Unlocking new subclass skills and leveling up.

I have some questions:

I've got tonnes of year 1 exotics. Am I right in thinking these are useless now? That I need to save marks to craft year two versions?

Is there no way to upgrade my Y1 items directly?

There should be a upgrade icon in the first column to bring it up to Y2, if there's a Y2 equivalent.

I also got a bunch of seemingly cosmetic Armour pieces in my Sterling Silver bags. How are these used (once I hit 40 of course).

If you have any armor pieces you arent using, you infuse those into the cosmetic pieces. Match up the stats of the stuff you're usin to infuse with the cosmetic one, since the cosmetic will acquire the stats of the infused item.

Is the Eververse Trader the only place to spend silver?

Yes.

Is there anything important I should know before I start looking at new exotic weapons/Armour/etc...

Some of the exotics thankfully can only be acquired by doing quests. (like the Black Spindle)

Buy loads of 3ofCoin if you're trying to farm exotics.

JJShadow

Someone down for some Nightfall/Court of Oryx/CoE? Got some quests involving them so I'd be really appreciated if someone could help me :)

EDIT: also need to do the Black Spindle mission if anyone is in for that one as well

Holiday

Banned
Hi thread,

I bought this for PS4 recently to play with friends (had it on XB1), and am loving it again. The grind is still real though, Taniks refuses to drop his cloak for me.

Is the best chance for strike legendaries the heroic playlust, or just running the default over and over?

Deku Tree

Hi thread,

I bought this for PS4 recently to play with friends (had it on XB1), and am loving it again. The grind is still real though, Taniks refuses to drop his cloak for me.

Is the best chance for strike legendaries the heroic playlust, or just running the default over and over?

The drop rate is trash unless it's the NF. During the NF the drop chance is quite high.

NeOak

If Rise doesn't fix lag issues might have to look into the netduma. If Max says it's good it's good. Sends info to cops if people DDS you.

Lol no, it doesn't do that. What it has is a easy to use confoguration screen for VPN to prevent DDOS when you're streaming.

Since this is the last weekend of Trials before RoI, I want to attempt to go flawless this weekend. I've never done it before but I have a 335 Hunter on the PS4. Anybody want to lend me a backpack to sit in? :p

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I'm on and ready for trials if anyone is looking to go. Ideally this would be a Metcury attempt, but I'd likely be the weakest link. My k/d is ~1.03 generally.

shermas

Has anyone played Borderlands? I was thinking about taking a break from Destiny for the next week (after I finish every active quest on all three toons)... Is it any good?

I haven't really played any other games for the last year or so. :). Might try something else before ROI hits and Borderlands is shoot and loot, soooooo.....

SpecX

I'm on and ready for trials if anyone is looking to go. Ideally this would be a Metcury attempt, but I'd likely be the weakest link. My k/d is ~1.03 generally.

Better than me. I think I'm sitting at mid .90's which is why I've always been ashamed to ask for help. I know I will hold the team back.

Top Bottom