• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there a clear "best" sword to go for?

I know the exotic variants have different special abilities, is there one that;s clearly better/worse?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered:

Played Destiny at launch and bailed after the first raid.

Is the game easy to get back into now?
More/better content?
Can I go back and run previous content (strikes, raids, missions, etc.) even if I level boost to 40?
Will I be at a significant disadvantage if I level boost as I won't have the best gear?
Am I going to get slaughtered in PvP?

I appreciate any replies.

Kalamari

Me and two friends are doing CoE and could do with some pointers:

- Is it worth using a ToC on every boss or the last boss? I've never had an exotic drop from the two times we did it. Where does the loot come from in CoE, just the sigil?

- Any tips for getting the High Score, can't really manage more than 23k at the moment so any tips here would be greatly appreciated. We're a Warlock, Hunter and Titan.

I recently heard from an interview that there is no inherent cool-down for ToC, so I would pop one for every boss. ToC loot will drop as an engram, sigil loot will come when you speak to variks, and other loot such as Exotics and ghosts will drop when you reach orbit. So loot can come in a variety of ways.

For high score, the modifiers this week give more points for grenade kills. So, your team should spec for maximum grenades. Warlock can go Sunsinger with Heart of the Praxic Fire, Titan should were Armamentarium, and Hunter can wear whatever gives them the most grenades. Also headshots count more than bodyshot kills, Shanks give more score when meleed, and the boss can give a hefty bonus if killed with grenades.

demonkaze

I recently heard from an interview that there is no inherent cool-down for ToC, so I would pop one for every boss. ToC loot will drop as an engram, sigil loot will come when you speak to variks, and other loot such as Exotics and ghosts will drop when you reach orbit. So loot can come in a variety of ways.

For high score, the modifiers this week give more points for grenade kills. So, your team should spec for maximum grenades. Warlock can go Sunsinger with Heart of the Praxic Fire, Titan should were Armamentarium, and Hunter can wear whatever gives them the most grenades. Also headshots count more than bodyshot kills, Shanks give more score when meleed, and the boss can give a hefty bonus if killed with grenades.

What does it affect when Variks judges you for taking too long to kill it? Is it better to prioritize killing the boss quicker or taking out all the adds at first?

rezn0r

What does it affect when Variks judges you for taking too long to kill it? Is it better to prioritize killing the boss quicker or taking out all the adds at first?

It's literally taking away points from your score when you get that message. Avoid hanging around in the hangar between rounds, the clock is ticking. Try to take out tons of adds as fast as you can while also steadily hurting the boss (which then brings more adds). It can be a balancing act depending on the week's modifiers. Have everyone try to get as many assists as possible - everyone should try to damage every enemy, but have the main modifier be what kills them.

PS when the bonus is for grenade kills a Voidwalker Warlock with jacked discipline & either Nothing Manacles+Scatter Grenades or Voidfang Vestments+Axion Bolts and the right perks is a complete beast

demonkaze

It's literally taking away points from your score when you get that message. Avoid hanging around in the hangar between rounds, the clock is ticking. Try to take out tons of adds as fast as you can while also steadily hurting the boss (which then brings more adds). It can be a balancing act depending on the week's modifiers. Have everyone try to get as many assists as possible - everyone should try to damage every enemy, but have the main modifier be what kills them.

PS when the bonus is for grenade kills a Voidwalker Warlock with jacked discipline & either Nothing Manacles+Scatter Grenades or Voidfang Vestments+Axion Bolts and the right perks is a complete beast

Any idea for the complete setup there? My Voidwalker is leveled but I've not used it in a long time so no idea what perks would be best for it. Also which is the better setup, Voidfang or Nothing Manacles?

Kalamari

Your score will slowly decay over time. Don't let it get to you however, it's important to only dps the boss until he launches a wave of reinforcements, kill the wave, then go back to dpsing the boss for the next wave. Killing all the reinforcements is where you will receive the majority of your points.

After running close to 20 vanguard strikes over the past few days to get the last few emblems and shaders i need i finally had a shader drop.

The drop rate on these is ridiculous. I got all the crucible ones way quicker than this.

rezn0r

Any idea for the complete setup there? My Voidwalker is leveled but I've not used it in a long time so no idea what perks would be best for it. Also which is the better setup, Voidfang or Nothing Manacles?

May depend more on which grenades you like better, play around with both. I go for Scatter + Nothing Manacles

For perks check out Soul Rip, The Hunger, and Embrace the Void

There's probably better setups and I'm going off of memory, but go play around with it and see if you like it. Once in a rhythm it's basically endless grenades...

Syinn

Neo Member
Me and two friends are doing CoE and could do with some pointers:

- Is it worth using a ToC on every boss or the last boss? I've never had an exotic drop from the two times we did it. Where does the loot come from in CoE, just the sigil?

It only happened to me once but I did get an exotic engram from every boss in one game of CoE. So I'd recommend doing a 3oC every time.

Arrrammis

Yo, does anyone need to do the strike for the exotic sword? I just need it for the void one, any help would be appreciated!
PSN: Arrrammis

Sorry for anyone who didn't get to join us but big thanks to AEREC, Lord Helmet and Mejilan, for coming along and doing VoG with me and my friends. As well as sticking around to try and do flawless for my other friend on Crota! (That damn beginning falling glitch lol)

Hey would anyone be willing to help me and join ng around the world clan and run a strike and raid with me and the missed. Trying to get her platinum and she's only those 2 trophies away.

Clunker

If anyone's around tonight for KF Normal, still looking for 2 more for labor day weekend fun! I'm still fairly new to the raid but know all mechanics and have completed once.

Doing KF Normal tonight, midnight EST on XB1:

1) Clunker (Holden Cawffle)
2) Clunker's +1
3) Clunker's other +1
4) WizzNard
5) filled
6) filled

Edit: filled, thanks!

If anyone's around tonight for KF Normal, still looking for 2 more for labor day weekend fun! I'm still fairly new to the raid but know all mechanics and have completed once.

Doing KF Normal tonight, midnight EST on XB1:

1) Clunker (Holden Cawffle)
2) Clunker's +1
3) Clunker's other +1
4) WizzNard
5)
6)

What time?

Think everyone can join the clan for the trophy?

Edit Xbox. Nvm

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Please teach me to jump like you taught Daigo to play Street Fighter.

This is funny and sad at the same time.

nG02yhK.jpg

Good games everyone. Train comes to a stop. Will go again later tonight.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Hey would anyone be willing to help me and join ng around the world clan and run a strike and raid with me and the missed. Trying to get her platinum and she's only those 2 trophies away.
Rats! I'm a member, but I'm at work for another 8 hrs or so. I can help tomorrow morning (MST) or Monday though if you haven't got anyone else yet.

This is funny and sad at the same time.

nG02yhK.jpg

Good games everyone. Train comes to a stop. Will go again later tonight.
I love your choice of armor. The chatterwhite looks nice with the magenta chroma and SRL mark.

Now I have to figure out how to get up there!

Shiv47

Anyone want to kill Crota x3 later for a chance at the ever-elusive Crux? Bloodthirsty killers who just enjoy Crota assassination welcome as well. Anytime after 9:30 EST works for me if so...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think it's about time I make a sniping montage. Long overdue. Going to take some time converting gifs into video.

Ballistic

Anyone want to kill Crota x3 later for a chance at the ever-elusive Crux? Bloodthirsty killers who just enjoy Crota assassination welcome as well. Anytime after 9:30 EST works for me if so...

I'll be down. Just message me and I'll jump on.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Thanks for the VoG guys. Bit of a blast from the past. Had fun, though.
I'm sorry we couldn't quite pull off a flawless Crota. We'll get it done next time, though.

Top Bottom