• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hold the phone, Ruthles changed his GAF name? End of an era.

Anywho, Anyone up for doing Nightfalls, Challenge of Elders, or just some Strikes?

So I have 44/45 CFs, and I can either do CoO or Challenge mode soooo obviously I'm doing CoO, am I literally just doing Rare and Legendary Runes until I get lucky and do the bosses that I haven't done in CoO to get a 45th?

Rahvar

So I have 44/45 CFs, and I can either do CoO or Challenge mode soooo obviously I'm doing CoO, am I literally just doing Rare and Legendary Runes until I get lucky and do the bosses that I haven't done in CoO to get a 45th?

The Tier 3 bossessin CoO is on a weekly rotation. You can only get one of them each week.

You can check on bungie.net which fragments from CoO you are missing. This week is Kagoor is the tier 3 boss.

You can check on bungie.net which fragments from CoO you are missing. This week is Kagoor is the tier 3 boss.

I have Kagoor, so I can either wait till next week or get lucky and get the tier 2 ones I don't have (Unless they are summoned or weekly? idk) If I get one I've gotten before can I run out and stop the match and save my rune? or does the rune go away the second you use it to activate the match

I have Kagoor, so I can either wait till next week or get lucky and get the tier 2 ones I don't have (Unless they are summoned or weekly? idk) If I get one I've gotten before can I run out and stop the match and save my rune? or does the rune go away the second you use it to activate the match

Yes, if you don't get the tier 2 boss combo you need, you can back out and save the rune for another try.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You don't need a melee because you have a tiger knee.
TIGER~!
sagat_tiger_knee.gif

oSoLucky

Just got supered 1v1 12 times in 2 matches. 2 Nova Bombs, 2 Shadowshots, 1 Golden Gun and 7 Fists if Havoc. 4 Shoulder Charges around corners on top of that. Might be time to give Rainbow 6 Siege a try.

I'll never understand how being able to change direction and still pull it off is legit.

What do I have to be wearing to survive a Shoulder Charge? Max Armor + The Ram or a shield?

NastyBook

Why the fuck are people playing Salvage as 3on3 TDM? Had some shitlord message me to stop grabbing the probe. I told him to PTFO. Was I in the wrong?

GhaleonEB

So, I haven't been paying close attention to the RoI information, really. Been busy with other things and haven't played Destiny but twice since the April update.

I saw this week's BWU:

Destiny Update 2.4.0, will also change the ways in which players acquire Sterling Treasures. Starting September 8th 2016, Players may only acquire one Sterling Treasure per week, through the Level 41 Prison of Elders playlist.
Sterling Treasure boxes were one of the things that pushed me away from the game. Are they moving away from doling out free loot and selling more? Or altering chroma to not be a consumable? The F2P hooks sent me running for the hills and I'm really hoping RoI reverses them.

Any word on sandbox updates? The sniper rifle nerfs and adjustments were so awful in PvE.

deadduck

Why the fuck are people playing Salvage as 3on3 TDM? Had some shitlord message me to stop grabbing the probe. I told him to PTFO. Was I in the wrong?

No, alot of people want to play it as TDM and will expect others too.

If they are really good, they can force you to play TDM. If not they send you salty messages.

GunnerZ

People play TDM in salvage because say your team captures the probe, the other team just needs to wipe your team and disable the probe getting them the most points to win. It's easier to disable the probe then capturing and defending it.

People play TDM in salvage because say your team captures the probe, the other team just needs to wipe your team and disable the probe getting them the most points to win. It's easier to disable the probe then capturing and defending it.

Yeah, it's this. The scoring is broken so the best strategy is to just let the other team have the probe, unless you're super confident you can defend it.

That said, the guy who messaged you is still being a dick for expecting you to play the game wrong and exploit this.

NastyBook

The worst part was that the guy didn't even finish top after the match. I did. And Salvage has just been garbage this morning. I knew there was a reason I didn't play this mode.

EDIT: Finally got my second win on my Hunter. leaving me at about 2-8. :D

So, I haven't been paying close attention to the RoI information, really. Been busy with other things and haven't played Destiny but twice since the April update.

I saw this week's BWU:

Sterling Treasure boxes were one of the things that pushed me away from the game. Are they moving away from doling out free loot and selling more? Or altering chroma to not be a consumable? The F2P hooks sent me running for the hills and I'm really hoping RoI reverses them.

Any word on sandbox updates? The sniper rifle nerfs and adjustments were so awful in PvE.

When rise of Iron comes out there will be Radiant Treasures that give out Ornaments. Ornaments can be dismantled into silver dust to buy things at tess eververse.

So now they'll have sterling treasures, chromas, radiant treasures, ornaments, and silver dust! :p

More F2P stuff unfortunately, and there will be a weapon balancing patch before RoI, we don't have any news about the changes yet.

#1 shard regret: right after I gave up the Hawksaw for the Grasp of Malok, I got a roll from a crucible package that gave me full stability. I was like "I don't even use this weapon anymore and I already have one and I've had 3 drop lately and I really need the marks." Never got a roll like that again.

Now I've been going back to Hawksaw lately and thinking, I bet that thing would have been a laser.

any tips for shindig in the crucible?

after playing daily for a month trying to get this quest, consistently in 2nd or 1st place on my team, my quest is at 0%.

I finally finished this entire quest line today.

For the Shindig part I ended up doing the trick where you only equip The Last Word when you're sure your team is going to win. You get 3% for every win.

It went faster than expected.

I finally finished this entire quest line today.

For the Shindig part I ended up doing the trick where you only equip The Last Word when you're sure your team is going to win. You get 3% for every win.

It went faster than expected.

Or wait until SRL comes around. Every race counts as a win for the quest and people got it done very easily (including me;)

black stig

Neo Member
Hey DGAF.

Any tips on prep for RoI? I have 3x335 characters and Y2 MoT.

Planning to edge rep across factions etc., and have bounties ready to turn-in on the 20th. Any benefit in stockpiling engrams and packages?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey DGAF.

Any tips on prep for RoI? I have 3x335 characters and Y2 MoT.

Planning to edge rep across factions etc., and have bounties ready to turn-in on the 20th. Any benefit in stockpiling engrams and packages?
I think it's already been confirmed that there's no point stockpiling Engrams, since they'll only drop pre-RoI gear. Edging your Rank however is a good idea.

Top Bottom