• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I think it's already been confirmed that there's no point stockpiling Engrams, since they'll only drop pre-RoI gear. Edging your Rank however is a good idea.
Might help a bit with LL though, since it will drop pre-RoI gear but at a higher LL

What's the latest source of information with this? In the Game Informer video podcast skype interview the two main RoI dudes slyly refused to give a definitive answer regarding hoarding engrams.

Deku Tree

So, I haven't been paying close attention to the RoI information, really. Been busy with other things and haven't played Destiny but twice since the April update.

I saw this week's BWU:

Sterling Treasure boxes were one of the things that pushed me away from the game. Are they moving away from doling out free loot and selling more? Or altering chroma to not be a consumable? The F2P hooks sent me running for the hills and I'm really hoping RoI reverses them.

Any word on sandbox updates? The sniper rifle nerfs and adjustments were so awful in PvE.

No. They are doubling down on the F2P sales structures unfortunately.

With RoI you will get one free "radiant treasure" box per week. It can get you an RNG ornament that makes one piece of your armor look cooler. Dismantling the ornament gives you silver dust. Silver dust can be used to buy ornaments from Xur. Xurs stock rotates every week. You can probably buy an unlimited amount of radiant treasure boxes per week.

This new structure seems like it will make Bungie more money than ever.

No. They are doubling down on the F2P sales structures unfortunately.

With RoI you will get one free "radiant treasure" box per week. It can get you an RNG ornament that makes one piece of your armor look cooler. Dismantling the ornament gives you silver dust. Silver dust can be used to buy ornaments from Xur. Xurs stock rotates every week. You can probably buy an unlimited amount of radiant treasure boxes per week.

This new structure seems like it will make Bungie more money than ever.
Bungie said:
Sterling Treasures
Destiny Update 2.4.0, will also change the ways in which players acquire Sterling Treasures. Starting September 8th 2016, Players may only acquire one Sterling Treasure per week, through the Level 41 Prison of Elders playlist.

On September 20th 2016, with the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron, the Eververse Trading Co. will no longer sell Sterling Treasure for Silver. Sterling Treasure will be replaced with Radiant Treasures, which contain Silver Dust, and all new Ornaments.

Additional information concerning Radiant Treasures, Dust, and Ornaments will become available upon the launch of Destiny: Rise of Iron on help.bungie.net.

noomi

Mornin' DGAF,

So whats the best way to farm glimmer these days? I'm a little short and want to cap out.

I remember once farming Hard Mode Gatekeeper Ultras in VoG...

Deku Tree

Yeah I know that's different. What's your point?

Mornin' DGAF,

So whats the best way to farm glimmer these days? I'm a little short and want to cap out.

If you grab three varicks packages per week then you'll get like 3k+ Glimmer each week without doing anything. Otherwise put on the right glimmer ghost and just play the game.

Trakan

Mornin' DGAF,

Doing patrol. It gives you 250-500 glimmer per mission/quest. Head from the starting point on Cosmodrome to the Rocketyards doing all the easy ones (kill enemies, VIP) and then go to orbit and repeat.

Mornin' DGAF,

Appropriate glimmer ghost
Alchemist's Raiment, if you're a warlock
Appropriate glimmer booster

Now go into PoE or the Dreadnaught & go nuts.

Fizarf

Neo Member
I'm around, not doing anything right now. I have a HM Warpriest CP and would like to do Trials bounties but I'm down to help with whatever...

Right I'm like really behind on my leveling and quests, I've yet to do anything from the April update and I need to do HM KF and a VoG run for that Exotic pulse rifle. Also need to do the last part of the Exotic sword quest. Anyone up for any of that?

raindoc

Reposting for new page & day:

Anyone interested in raiding (KF NM) later today (UTC+1)?

1) raindoc, LL311, 1 clear, no clue (and a shitty mic)
2) throwawayname
3)
4)
5)
6)

noomi

YIf you grab three varicks packages per week then you'll get like 3k+ Glimmer each week without doing anything. Otherwise put on the right glimmer ghost and just play the game.

Doing patrol. It gives you 250-500 glimmer per mission/quest. Head from the starting point on Cosmodrome to the Rocketyards doing all the easy ones (kill enemies, VIP) and then go to orbit and repeat.

Appropriate glimmer ghost
Alchemist's Raiment, if you're a warlock
Appropriate glimmer booster

Now go into PoE or the Dreadnaught & go nuts.

Got it, thanks fellas ;)

todd360

Colonel found boatsnhoes at the reef. Good luck out there in trials boatsnhoes. I hope your third doesn't abandon you this time.

Fizarf

Neo Member
Anyone looking to do a card? I'd love to go flawless, but really trying to just finish the gold package. No stress - Fizarf on PSN

todd360

God speed boatsnhoes our times will not be forgotten. I still need to know the ratio of boats to hoes though.
LnceQth.jpg

5 hoes per boat it would seem. Boats is plural so we can assume their is at least two boats.

shingi70

Banned
A couple of questions.

1. A what do you guys think of all the edging strategies to prepare for rise of Iron. On one hand it seems cheap, but on other it seems like an easy way to get new toys to play with.

2. Anyone up for running Vault of Glass and Crota's End on Xbox sometime before Rise of Iron. I'm playing with my girlfriend and would like her to try out the past raids, to get a feel for the endgame.

3. Was there going to be a ROI OT?

TP-DK

A couple of questions.

1. A what do you guys think of all the edging strategies to prepare for rise of Iron. On one hand it seems cheap, but on other it seems like an easy way to get new toys to play with.

2. Anyone up for running Vault of Glass and Crota's End on Xbox sometime before Rise of Iron. I'm playing with my girlfriend and would like her to try out the past raids, to get a feel for the endgame.

What are the edging strategies?

phen0m24

5 hoes per boat it would seem. Boats is plural so we can assume their is at least two boats.

Todd did you see my message on PSN? I think I saw that guy in the reef today

Edging isn't really a strategy. it's just leveling your vanguard, crucible, and factions really close to rolling over and then doing so once RoI drops. (that way you are guaranteed the new drops instead of old ones - people used to hoard packages)

Fizarf

Neo Member

You level a faction to JUST before gaining a rank and then leave it until DLC comes out. Turn something in and level up for new gear.

It's a good strat for those of us who have just about everything and would rather get new gear on day 1 of the expansion.

It may seem "cheap" but if you're looking to be ready for the raid in 3 days you do all you can...

Clunker

A couple of questions.

I'd be up for doing either older raid, as I really like them. Unsure if my schedule will work as I play sporadically but feel free to add me (Holden Cawffle) and msg if you're getting a raid group together. Only thing I don't remember now is the Gorgon labyrinth path. :(

And when you get to CE, make sure you show her the legit bridge method, as I always found so much more enjoyable (and honestly easier) than the cheese way.

shingi70

Banned

Not really strategies per say, but the idea that you want to get all your reps on the edge of the tip, so once rise of Iron starts you can collect a few faction packages with some of the new loot. That and making sure to stock on a ton engrams, heavy ammo, Coins, and materials for the new content. Most seem.to be doing it to hit Raid ready light levels by Friday.

MrDaravon

Ugh, my work schedule is so fucked I'm probably going to have barely any time at all to even touch RoI when it comes out :(. Still going to finish up the Triumphs for sure, but kind of depressing.

TP-DK

Todd did you see my message on PSN? I think I saw that guy in the reef today

Edging isn't really a strategy. it's just leveling your vanguard, crucible, and factions really close to rolling over and then doing so once RoI drops. (that way you are guaranteed the new drops instead of old ones - people used to hoard packages)

You level a faction to JUST before gaining a rank and then leave it until DLC comes out. Turn something in and level up for new gear.

It's a good strat for those of us who have just about everything and would rather get new gear on day 1 of the expansion.

It may seem "cheap" but if you're looking to be ready for the raid in 3 days you do all you can...

Oh yeah I did that for the Taken dlc, but this time it seems much better to me to hoard heavy ammo, and use that to level up the factions, when the dlc has hit.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just ran into a public event on the dreadnaught. A portal where you summon a selection of yellow health bar enemies. Kill them, and you get a chest (that automatically opens it seems). Gives an 'essence of darkness', but I can't find them in my inventory.

What's this about? Can't find anything on google.

Just ran into a public event on the dreadnaught. A portal where you summon a selection of yellow health bar enemies. Kill them, and you get a chest (that automatically opens it seems). Gives an 'essence of darkness', but I can't find them in my inventory.

Is there a quest you have that needs an essence of darkness? Try looking through those for one. Usually, quest items don't appear in your inventory.

Ohhhhh. You're inadvertently doing the part of one of the Reef quests where you need to fight enemies in the Court of Oryx, which is the portal you were at. You get an Essence of Darkness for each Tier 1 kill, and harder fights in the Court give more Essence.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ohhhhh. You're inadvertently doing the part of one of the Reef quests where you need to fight enemies in the Court of Oryx, which is the portal you were at. You get an Essence of Darkness for each Tier 1 kill, and harder fights in the Court give more Essence.

It seems to be a public event, is it a PE that's triggered when you access a part of a quest chain?

So while I don't have it active, I take it the EoD won't do anything?

It seems to be a public event, is it a PE that's triggered when you access a part of a quest chain?

So while I don't have it active, I take it the EoD won't do anything?

Court of Oryx fights count as public events, whether you trigger one or walk into the arena while another player's started a fight. They aren't only restricted to quests.

The EoD is not an item in the sense that it appears in your inventory. It's like a Patrol mission where you're fighting enemies for their drops to fill up a bar. In this case, that bar should be in your Quest's descriptor box when you highlight it, and it'll say something like Essences of Darkness collected 1/6 or something like that.

GhaleonEB

When rise of Iron comes out there will be Radiant Treasures that give out Ornaments. Ornaments can be dismantled into silver dust to buy things at tess eververse.

So now they'll have sterling treasures, chromas, radiant treasures, ornaments, and silver dust! :p

This actually has me considering not buying Rise of Iron. :\

Top Bottom