• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

milkham

Looking to do a oryx challenge mode tonight to help my friend finish up her triumphs.
Hopefully we can grab a checkpoint. normal or hard doesn't matter

10pm Eastern

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend

still looking?

I'm 49/50 and I am on a mission this week!!!!!

edit: WTF AGAIN WITH THE MAINTENANCE. Happened while Golgy hunting last week too!
Can't find the original post, but if slots are open I'm down. If not going down I'll see about the 10 eastern run. All I need to complete the book at this point is Oryx Challenge and HM King's Fall. PSN is Lordsirsama

Looking to do a oryx challenge mode tonight to help my friend finish up her triumphs.

10pm Eastern

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3.ShinoguTakeruKoeru (PSName is Shinogu126)
4.Axelhortsemchi (PSN is Lordsirsama)
I'm in too. I'd like to do hard for book completion, but if the group wants normal that's fine with me too

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So last night I am hiding in a corner with my Last Word to make sure I get some easy 3% percentage points for the win until the other team goes on a tear and gets within just 1 kill from the win and I found myself in a 1v1 with a crazed warlock just nova bombing and meleeing people left and right

https://youtu.be/BZItzTa2nR4

The funny thing is that there is no way I should have won that matchup. On slow mo, you see the last shot didnt hit him at all. Thanks Bungie!

rezn0r

10pm Eastern

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3.ShinoguTakeruKoeru (PSName is Shinogu126)
4.Axelhortsemchi (PSN is Lordsirsama)
5. rezn0r (PSN reznuh)

Alright sign me up! Even if PSN comes up I'll probably be hiding offline. I'll start refreshing the thread in a bit. Thanks

GorillaJu

I don't understand the complaints with SBMM. Why wouldn't you want better players against better players?

Is it the system prioritizing skill over latency that's the problem? Even with how it is now, I almost exclusively play against other local people when I do Trials and regular Crucible.

Someone give me the quick and dirty on why it sucks.

Zen Mu

10pm Eastern

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ShinoguTakeruKoeru (PSName is Shinogu126)
4. Axelhortsemchi (PSN is Lordsirsama)
5. rezn0r (PSN reznuh)
6. zen mu (PSN: Rock_Mu)

I'm in for this, if there is still room.

MrDaravon

It's kind of incredible how almost everyone left playing Crucible is either complete garbage or ridiculous. From match to match it's insane swings; dominate one game, next match it puts us 6 random solo people against a team of 6 in the weekly playlist who obviously go on to beat us like 15k to 5k. Next match no one has ever fired a gun before, match after that is people running around with perfectly rolled Elysuna's (sp), Grasps, Party Crashers etc sliding around and shotgunning and teabagging constantly. I mean to be fair some of it is just the age of the game and what kind of people would still be playing Crucible at this point for the most part in the cycle (pre RoI release), but the shitty netcode and matchmaking don't help. Outside of GAF Trains I have no idea how anyone actually enjoys this.

I continue to pray that for Destiny 2 they finally fully separate PvE and PvP so they can fairly balance both on their own merits and also invest in some servers or netcode. None of that will happen :(

milkham

Oryx CM
10pm Eastern

1. milkham
2. milkham's friend
3. ShinoguTakeruKoeru (PSName is Shinogu126)
4. Axelhortsemchi (PSN is Lordsirsama)
5. rezn0r (PSN reznuh)
6. zen mu (PSN: Rock_Mu)

ok looks good, now psn has to come back up so i can try to track down a checkpoint

I don't understand the complaints with SBMM. Why wouldn't you want better players against better players?

Is it the system prioritizing skill over latency that's the problem? Even with how it is now, I almost exclusively play against other local people when I do Trials and regular Crucible.

Someone give me the quick and dirty on why it sucks.

There are a couple issues imo.

First and foremost: Too often skill is prioritized over connection. Laggy games against sweaty players are miserable. I've played skirmish in different continents despite living in the most populated state in the U.S.

The other issue is that it feels bad. Beyond the lag it feels like Bungie is far too heavy handed in pushing you towards their desired 50% win rate. Every match you have to put on a 110% performance to have a chance at winning. It also exacerbates everything bad in the crucible. Because it's so hard to get wins players camp, use scummy tactics, use op y1 weapons, and so on. It makes following the meta mandatory and sucks the fun out of it. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a specific ranked playlist where there was SBMM, but as it is now if you want to just do bounties you better be prepared for sweats.

Fathead

First and foremost: Too often skill is prioritized over connection. Laggy games against sweaty players are miserable. I've played skirmish in different continents despite living in the most populated state in the U.S.

The other issue is that it feels bad. Beyond the lag it feels like Bungie is far too heavy handed in pushing you towards their desired 50% win rate. Every match you have to put on a 110% performance to have a chance at winning. It also exacerbates everything bad in the crucible. Because it's so hard to get wins players camp, use scummy tactics, use op y1 weapons, and so on. It makes following the meta mandatory and sucks the fun out of it. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a specific ranked playlist where there was SBMM, but as it is now if you want to just do bounties you better be prepared for sweats.

I completely agree with this. I feel like the only way I can be semi competitive is to run with a pulse rifle, despite not liking them. If I try to mix it up, I get destroyed.

That and the goddammed snipers.

I only need one last fragment to complete Moments of Triumph. Anybody want to go kill Thalnok with me? I've got a Antiquated Rune with his name on it.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

Dez_

Here's to hoping Bungie pulls a Bungie and nerfs them to the point where they become unusable.
The last time people were calling for sniper nerfs, they reduced the amount special ammo you could hold. Be careful what you wish for.

MrDaravon

Welp, PSN being fucked has killed any Oryx CM dreams for tonight. Hoping PSN is stable tomorrow night, tomorrow night is the only reliable night I'll have to get it done before reset :(

rezn0r

@milkham, not having any improvements here as far as signing on goes. I'll keep trying for a bit but if it gets much later than 10 and we don't even have a CP (was planning on hunting for one for your group too) i may have to bail. Tuesday's typically the worst night for me to be up real late. If it doesn't work out I'll be Oryx hunting the rest of the week too.

milkham

@milkham, not having any improvements here as far as signing on goes. I'll keep trying for a bit but if it gets much later than 10 and we don't even have a CP (was planning on hunting for one for your group too) i may have to bail. Tuesday's typically the worst night for me to be up real late. If it doesn't work out I'll be Oryx hunting the rest of the week too.

that's cool i mean i managed to get on but can't add any of you either or see my friends list, just happened to load into the same tower as kalamari (who has abandoned me)

GorillaJu

Fair enough. I haven't played it enough to really notice a difference, but it's probably also my trench tier skill bracket that makes every game seem casual.

NastyBook

Damn, was gonna download Star Trek Online while I ate. Not doing shit now with the network still being down. Still, it could've been down on Monday, and people would've been really pissed at that.

Zen Mu

that's cool i mean i managed to get on but can't add any of you either or see my friends list, just happened to load into the same tower as kalamari (who has abandoned me)

Yea same here, I'm on but can't load the friend's list. Everything else seems to work though strangely enough. Anyway, keep me in mind for whenever you get this going. I'll hunt for a cp as well whenever things are fully back up.

KingV

I just got taken King on PS4 in prep for Rise of Iron after not playing since last year... What's the best way to rock from 24 to 40?

I was a 40 on Xbox but switched over to PS4 because that seems to be where more people are playing

rezn0r

I just got taken King on PS4 in prep for Rise of Iron after not playing since last year... What's the best way to rock from 24 to 40?

I was a 40 on Xbox but switched over to PS4 because that seems to be where more people are playing

Grab bounties anytime you can and play the story missions, you'll probably land pretty close to 40. From there grind out strikes & rank up anything you can - this will all get you to 330. For 330-335: exotics (3 of Coins when Xur shows up), Challenge of Elders, Iron Banner when it shows up, King's Fall raid.

edit: I didn't mean to wait until 330 to do those things in the second list

This will all be outdated in 2 weeks but it's something to do until then!

KingV

Grab bounties anytime you can and play the story missions, you'll probably land pretty close to 40. From there grind out strikes & rank up anything you can - this will all get you to 330. For 330-335: exotics (3 of Coins when Xur shows up), Challenge of Elders, Iron Banner when it shows up, King's Fall raid.

edit: I didn't mean to wait until 330 to do those things in the second list

This will all be outdated in 2 weeks but it's something to do until then!

Cool thanks. I think I'm just going to aim for 40 and get as many marks and strange coins as I can to get a head start on year three gear

Not really looking forward to those story missions again... But I'll persevere.

Damn, was really hoping for Oryx tonight. If PSN comes back online tonight I'm here for it. Can't necessarily do tomorrow evening or Friday, Thursday would be the next definitely available time for me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, good luck getting that to happen.

So that everyone runs around with shotguns instead? Neither is really that appealing.
... Especially with the prevelance of Sprint-Shield Titans, both the Party Crasher +1 and the Universal Remote, and the new upcoming RoI Artifact that cancels Sprint cooldown. The first few weeks of PvP in RoI will be FUN.

Top Bottom