• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

milkham

Damn, was really hoping for Oryx tonight. If PSN comes back online tonight I'm here for it. Can't necessarily do tomorrow evening or Friday, Thursday would be the next definitely available time for me.

Yeah, I can't get online either. PSN may be making King's Fall tonight a no go. I'll be around the rest of the week though.

Yea same here, I'm on but can't load the friend's list. Everything else seems to work though strangely enough. Anyway, keep me in mind for whenever you get this going. I'll hunt for a cp as well whenever things are fully back up.

@milkham, not having any improvements here as far as signing on goes. I'll keep trying for a bit but if it gets much later than 10 and we don't even have a CP (was planning on hunting for one for your group too) i may have to bail. Tuesday's typically the worst night for me to be up real late. If it doesn't work out I'll be Oryx hunting the rest of the week too.

looks like friends list is up, jafku i think will be hooking me up with the cp once he's done with his crucible match

2real4tv

It took 350 days for my first Eyasluna to drop with either Rifled/Reinforced

Today I got this

PS_Messages_20160906_144052.jpg

Then 4 games later this

PS_Messages_20160906_144059.jpg

Still got the worlds most annoying set of shaxxfall to do for a shot at 3 for the day as well
Been looking for that

Yeah, good luck getting that to happen.

So that everyone runs around with shotguns instead? Neither is really that appealing.

SnakeEyes said:
Oh no, Snipers are still worse. Sniper AA needs to be nerfed at bare minimum, and also dump SBMM.

Uh, I don't know what timeline you guys inhabit, but everybody is running around with shotguns. Check the leaderboards for like every mode on guardian.gg. And they're such an equalizer for scrubs that they dominate lower tier matches too. Sniping at least requires you to know lanes, ADS & aim.

Uh, I don't know what timeline you guys inhabit, but everybody is running around with shotguns. Check the leaderboards for like every mode on guardian.gg. And they're such an equalizer for scrubs that they dominate lower tier matches too. Sniping at least requires you to know lanes, ADS & aim.
Shotgunning requires almost as much skill though, if not the same amount. You need:
-great map knowledge
-know sniper lanes(pretty much the same as the first point)
-Have good movement skills
-have Rifled Barrel :p
-know when to engage

X-Frame

Shotgunning requires almost as much skill though, if not the same amount. You need:
-great map knowledge
-know when to engage

You also have to take into account always-on enemy radar that gives away your approach from a significant distance.

Snipers can hold down an area and just un-scope for a quick second to get a complete 360-degree threat update for which direction to start aiming so they can kill from any distance on the map.

I saw a suggestion for the radar to be disabled completely while holding anything but a Primary weapon. It would make things very interesting IMO.

I saw a suggestion for the radar to be disabled completely while holding anything but a Primary weapon. It would make things very interesting IMO.
Tbh, I think it would be best to keep this with special weapons and not heavy, which has already been nerfed hard for PvP. Not only did they nerf how much ammo you get, but it only appears once per match. I don't think Heavy needs any more nerfs.

But I like that idea for special weapons. Although I don't know if Bungie wants inconsistencies like that, but who knows.

Griffith

Banned
Need help with this, or checkpoint?

Another Aussie? Our ranks are stretched thin and we're letting the Kiwis take over :p

Well shit, we can't let that happen now can we :p

I only need one last fragment to complete Moments of Triumph. Anybody want to go kill Thalnok with me? I've got a Antiquated Rune with his name on it.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas

I'll help if you're still looking. PSN Azolith

eggydoo

I think radar should only blip of someone is shooting, jumping or running.

Or make it a weapon/armor perk to even have radar.

I'd love to see trials be inferno as well.

I'm about at my wits' end here. The randoms I'm playing with have messed up Thalnok four times in a row now...if I don't grab the relic right away, they take it and don't know what to do. If I do take it, they keep shooting Thalnok and ignoring the wizards.

Anybody able to give me a hand with this final fragment?

-great map knowledge
-know when to engage

I wish that were the case. I see Twitch streamers & Youtube players with ridiculous K/D getting ganked by random Universal Remotes, Party Crashers & Conspiracy Theories constantly. Some of them, like Mill & Mr. Fruit even make running gags out of it. Sure, you're not going to become great without the things you listed, but it's way easier to grind out kills by shotgun rushing than any other weapon in the game, by far.

I'm about at my wits' end here. The randoms I'm playing with have messed up Thalnok four times in a row now...if I don't grab the relic right away, they take it and don't know what to do. If I do take it, they keep shooting Thalnok and ignoring the wizards.

Anybody able to give me a hand with this final fragment?

Thalnok with blueberries is rage inducing :p

Add me, psn: ruthlesbarbarian, i'll help.

kakashi08

17gb file downloading, estimate time more than 10 hours. Great.

Was about to get back into Destiny after since it came out, played it for couple weeks and put it away. Gonna give it another try this weekend, looks like won't b playing tonight, slow update. So annoying.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to run a HM KF raid? We've got 4 ready to go.

1. HaRyu
2. PrivateWHudson
3. Taffy_003
4. lostsupper

EDIT: Doh, we're on PS4.

Does anyone have an antiquated rune they can use for me? I have a few hours left to get Kagoor down for the year 2 triumph. Completely forgot it.

Variks really doesn't want me to have this scout rifle or a good roll on the auto rifle.

I'm not grinding CoE for the pleasure of it.

Lethe Noblesse is the one thing I want from him too (well, that and the black & gold ship), and I've never seen it once in all this time. Saterienne Rapier is my favourite legendary scout, and that seems like a souped up stylish version of it. Like, I've literally seen it in my dreams.

Lethe Noblesse is the one thing I want from him too (well, that and the black & gold ship), and I've never seen it once in all this time. Saterienne Rapier is my favourite legendary scout, and that seems like a souped up stylish version of it. Like, I've literally seen it in my dreams.

I actually have Lethe Noblesse and it's really good. It's really the only scout rifle I can comfortably use in PvP. I really want Her Fury, the sniper rifle. It's very good, and I'm tired of using the 1000 Yard.

I'm looking for the Hand of Judgement rifle, which seems just as good.

Jinjo

I just hate all special, lol. I want PvP to be more about primaries not called Last Word.

Basically everyone is running around with a power weapon in Destiny, which is kinda silly. Instead of giving special ammo to everyone it should grant the special only to the one (1!) person that picks up the box. If he dies, he loses the special (and maybe the person that kills him gets an ammo box granting half the special or however much was left). That way there should be a more controlled flow of special usage in a a game and you have these high and low waves of high damaging weapons coming into play.

Same for heavy ammo.

GorillaJu

Basically everyone is running around with a power weapon in Destiny, which is kinda silly. Instead of giving special ammo to everyone it should grant the special only to the one (1!) person that picks up the box. If he dies, he loses the special (and maybe the person that kills him gets an ammo box granting half the special or however much was left). That way there should be a more controlled flow of special usage in a a game and you have these high and low waves of high damaging weapons coming into play.

That's a big trade off there, and I don't think many people would be happy about almost never getting to use their special weapons in crucible. I think if they make any change to nerf special weapons as a whole, they should just lower the amount of ammo you get.

But anything you do to nerf special weapons makes the UR that much nastier.

Been looking for that

Honestly I think the Peril is way better, it has vertical recoil which helps no end with this bloom nonsense (Lunas is R/L), better AA (even with the Lunas HH) and equip speed

The whole hype over the Luna is just because of Hawkmoon nostalgia, its a near on impossible drop rates and a few streamers naming it meta, imo

Edit this suggests that sureshot is actually the worst sight for recoil patterns and why my steadyhand Peril is so crispy
rjQPbDS.jpg

Mind blown, will try again with Quickdraw and TrueSight

Zen Mu

Milkham, lijeu, Rock_Mu, Lordsirsama, Shinogu126

THANK YOU!

Year 2 100%

Thank you all, a grand weight is off all our shoulders now. Now I can sit back and wait for Rise of Iron to hit!

Phew...

yup thanks for helping everyone

I would also like to thank balls-mcballs for helping us with mini crota

Yea thanks all & thanks for putting it together Milkham. I'd done it before but never on the week that the challenge was actually live lol.

On a side note: You guys really had a dude named Balls-Mcballs helping you with that antiquated rune? Haha. Man I feel like I missed out now.

milkham

Yea thanks all & thanks for putting it together Milkham. I'd done it before but never on the week that the challenge was actually live lol.

On a side note: You guys really had a dude named Balls-Mcballs helping you with that antiquated rune? Haha. Man I feel like I missed out now.

bZQzTJ8.jpg

never forget

Top Bottom