• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Morning all.

Is anyone able to help me run Sealing the Blade please? I'm LL 291, so just below the recommended. Final step for my Raze-Lighter.

I think this might be a nightmare attempting via matchmaking, if anyone who knows the run could help it would be awesome.

Morning all.

Is anyone able to help me run Sealing the Blade please? I'm LL 291, so just below the recommended. Final step for my Raze-Lighter.

I think this might be a nightmare attempting via matchmaking, if anyone who knows the run could help it would be awesome.

Give me 10 mins, i'll hop on and help you.

Zakalwe

Banned
Give me 10 mins, i'll hop on and help you.

Thanks RB <3

Haha, I'm doing almost no damage again... what a noob.

If anyone can jump in and give us a hand to speed it up, be really appreciated.

PSN: astropoff.

-

EDIT: Thanks Inapplicable and RB! You guys rocked that. Can't wait till I'm levelled and can actually start making an impact with these things. :3

Rahvar

So tomorrow's the start of the pre-event right? I got a friend visiting from tomorrow to Sunday. I'll have to try get some Destiny played in the mornings before she wakes up -_-

So tomorrow's the start of the pre-event right? I got a friend visiting from tomorrow to Sunday. I'll have to try get some Destiny played in the mornings before she wakes up -_-

Tomorrow is epic maintenance and patch download. I doubt pre roi stuff will start until reset on tue

Hzoltan69

I'd really love to finish the Oryx CM today (bit worried that the patch tomorrow will mess things up).
Does anybody want to join 7-8 hours from now (after 8pm CET)?

robo

I'd really love to finish the Oryx CM today (bit worried that the patch tomorrow will mess things up).

Thats close to the playstation meeting event, i willbe watching that so may others from the UK/EU zone

oSoLucky

I'm in the same boat. I would prefer earlier if possible, but if not then I'll definitely run. My PSN is KC_Darkness. I'll probably try to get a run sooner, but I'd be down to help even if I get it done beforehand.

Zakalwe

Banned
Are there any normal mode beginner friendly raid groups running today?

I'd like to take my first shot at TTK raid if anyone's going.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
bZQzTJ8.jpg

never forget
Milkhaaaaamneee what about my year 2 100%? Betrayalton.

I'm looking for the Hand of Judgement rifle, which seems just as good.

It's pretty fantastic. I like it more than Colovance's Duty.

this suggests that sureshot is actually the worst sight for recoil patterns and why my steadyhand Peril is so crispy
That hand cannon ballistics image with the recoil patterns is wrinkling my brain.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the effect of recoil patterns is overstated given aim-assist. Shooting at people/aliens feels different than shooting at walls.

Using a non-CB Arminius (but with braced frame) in the crucible last week wasn't noticeably harder than the CB/BF ones&#8212; when spraying walls suggests it ought to be ridiculous. More experimenting required.

It's pretty fantastic. I like it more than Colovance's Duty.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the effect of recoil patterns is overstated given aim-assist. Shooting at people/aliens feels different than shooting at walls.

Using a non-CB Arminius (but with braced frame) in the crucible last week wasn't noticeably harder than the CB/BF ones— when spraying walls suggests it ought to be ridiculous. More experimenting required.

I'm going to solely use my Luna tonight with different sights but using sureshot I definetly noticed the wild recoil pattern

soultron

Banned
Here's a dumb question: is it still technically possible to complete the calcified shards quest for the Y2 Moments of Triumph?

I am cranking away at the other quests (Mountaintop, Exotic Sword, and CM KF) but if there are CSs locked away in certain NF strikes, I don't think it's possible for me to get them before 20 September. :(

Did I get a god roll Appellant III? It has hidden hand and rangefinder, plus hand loaded option.

The sights are just okay though, with TrueSight/FastDraw/QuickDraw. Any recommendations on the sights? I've been using TrueSight.

Here's a dumb question: is it still technically possible to complete the calcified shards quest for the Y2 Moments of Triumph?

Depends which ones you're missing. There are now two that you can't possibly get (Kagoor in the Court of Oryx and the Golgoroth challenge in the raid).

There is also one for doing a nightfall on the dreadnaught— and this week's is on Mars.

SonComet

I'm going to solely use my Luna tonight with different sights but using sureshot I definetly noticed the wild recoil pattern
Based on that chart it looks like fast draw is also very good. Mind blown. I have a "her revenge" with the same roll as the vendor Peril except with truesight. It feels a million times worse. Can't hit a thing with it. Now I guess it makes sense. I have poor recoil control skills :p.

soultron

Banned
Depends which ones you're missing. There are now two that you can't possibly get (Kagoor in the Court of Oryx and the Golgoroth challenge in the raid).

There is also one for doing a nightfall on the dreadnaught— and this week's is on Mars.
Aw, man. I guess I'll stop doing all of the other stuff for MOT if the CF part is impossible. :(

Here's my CF progress. I don't think I have any of the ones you mentioned because I only recently started playing again. Maybe 2-3 weeks ago.

shanafan

Confused about preorder bonuses between PSN and GameStop with Rise of Iron.

GameStop has this on their website..

Pre-Order Destiny: Rise of Iron and receive the Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow Only at GameStop!

But then PSN says this..

Ride in Style. Forged for beauty. Tempered for speed. An iron steed for all your adventures. Pre-order Destiny: Rise of Iron and receive a uniquely themed black and silver Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow.

*Access to Iron Gjallarhorn & Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow starts 09.20.16.

Are they different colors, or are the same? GameStop says "Only at GameStop" but appears that could be untrue.

Confused about preorder bonuses between PSN and GameStop with Rise of Iron.

GameStop has this on their website..

But then PSN says this..

Are they different colors, or are the same? GameStop says "Only at GameStop" but appears that could be untrue.
I was thrown off by this too, several weeks ago. GameStop is lying and it boggles my mind that it's still up.

Definitely preorder RoI from your console's OS.

eggydoo

Using a non-CB Arminius (but with braced frame) in the crucible last week wasn't noticeably harder than the CB/BF ones— when spraying walls suggests it ought to be ridiculous. More experimenting required.

is it even worth getting the Arminus with CB at this point? I feel that the bullet hose ARs are worthless now. I can't compete against TLW and Eyasluna users with it unless I get the jump on them. I tried with Doctrines and Necrochasm. Necrochasm use to be boss, now i'll lose my 1v1 about 90% of the time.

Aw, man. I guess I'll stop doing all of the other stuff for MOT if the CF part is impossible. :(

You can still get two shaders and one emblem; it's just the final emblem and the t-shirt code that the last two MoTs unlock.

is it even worth getting the Arminus with CB at this point? I feel that the bullet hose ARs are worthless now. I can't compete against TLW and Eyasluna users with it unless I get the jump on them.

Wasn't TLW always better than anything but a shotgun inside its ideal range?

It feels like I frequently get killed by 900rpm ARs when I use hand cannons but also vice versa. I should probably feel terrible about my scrubbiness instead of blaming my guns.

Medium ROF HCs have the same ideal TTK as the high ROF ARs, so if you engage at the right range and keep the bullets on target it should probably be 50/50 in a fair fight. I think it's easier to hit ideal TTK with the hand cannon, but the AR wins in body-shots.

eggydoo

You can still get two shaders and one emblem; it's just the final emblem and the t-shirt code that the last two MoTs unlock.

Wasn't TLW always better than anything but a shotgun inside its ideal range?

It feels like I frequently get killed by 900rpm ARs when I use hand cannons but also vice versa. I should probably feel terrible about my scrubbiness instead of blaming my guns.

Medium ROF HCs have the same ideal TTK as the high ROF ARs, so if you engage at the right range and keep the bullets on target it should probably be 50/50 in a fair fight. I think it's easier to hit ideal TTK with the hand cannon, but the AR wins in body-shots.

I do fine in 6v6 modes, it's in rumble and 3v3 where you notice the ARs just don't do the same job as they use to.

Frenden

Banned
Honestly I think the Peril is way better, it has vertical recoil which helps no end with this bloom nonsense (Lunas is R/L), better AA (even with the Lunas HH) and equip speed

The whole hype over the Luna is just because of Hawkmoon nostalgia, its a near on impossible drop rates and a few streamers naming it meta, imo

Edit this suggests that sureshot is actually the worst sight for recoil patterns and why my steadyhand Peril is so crispy
rjQPbDS.jpg

Mind blown, will try again with Quickdraw and TrueSight

I started using Fastdraw after consulting that chart about a month ago and haven't looked back. Recoil beats +5 AA IMO.

Testing weapons against a wall isn't = to testing w/ an enemy where target acquisition and hit scan come into play
Bingo.

From what I understand, Sureshot has more Aim Assist which helps way more on moving targets. Recoil control is not a huge issue for Eyasluna.

The most important thing is how the gun feels when you are in the Crucible. No stat number will tell you that. They can guide you,of course but don't tell the whole story.

Kalamari

Testing weapons against a wall isn't = to testing w/ an enemy where target acquisition and hit scan come into play

This and that the pattern of the first 3-4 shots are the most important, because those are the ones you want to hit your opponent. The pattern of later shots doesn't really matter that much.

Frenden

Banned
+5 AA or a vastly improved recoil pattern are muddier choices than y'all are making it out. We're not talkin' +25 AA here.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I wonder if they'll show anything at the Neo event for Destiny

gimme dat upgraded graphics
thorn

Gimme 60 fps or give me death.

I can only imagine the butthurt on this board if PvP turns into a 30 v 60 fps mess. I will probably have a good shot at completing the last word quest.

I wonder if they'll show anything at the Neo event for Destiny

gimme dat upgraded graphics
thorn
Not a lot of people talk about this, but it'd be great if Destiny took advantage of Neo/Scorpio's power and/or new features.

However, I'd say the chances are slim. Destiny still doesn't take advantage of PS4's touch pad or DS4 speaker, nor does it take advantage of rumble triggers on X1. Although now with last-gen out of the way, it's a whole new world
of probable disappointment.

Top Bottom