• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Titans are weird man

l0MYGUXEfREswom5O.gif

Edit: vid because the gif is stuttery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9IHp5l8HpU

Eusis

Yay, light level at 300.

Dunno what I can do on my own with only matchmaking, so I'll probably try on Friday to arrange something and if that doesn't work try some PoE and Heroic Strikes before shelving until Rise of Iron (or a convenient time to play it anyway.)

Hmm...

So, sometime before Taken King, I'd erased my two alts and consolidated everything over to my main Guardian. I soon realized that this was a mistake when the Year 1 Exotic unlock records were contingent on them still being in my inventory, so I've learned my lesson on that score.

So I guess I'm spending the time between Rise of Iron's release and now completing my two new alts' subclass completions.

... I even had some weird headcanon fanfic stuff where I rationalized my deleting my first two alts as them falling to the Darkness and these two new alts being new recruits assigned to my main and she's the disgruntled/disillusioned vet having to watch these two newcomers.

Feorax

Took a bit of a break from Destiny, the quest I had left to do either didn't give a decent enough reward for the effort or just plain weren't fun. I'm not that bothered about the book this year, I haven't particularly enjoyed y2 that much and I never really used the emblem from last year.

That said, I'm looking forward ROI and to my friends list being a bit more active on Destiny again. I'm just pretty much levelling up my remaining subclasses and gathering materials for y3 at this point. Finding it surprisingly liberating not needing to give a shit about old quest lines.

Got 2 trophies left to get which would be nice if the opportunity arose, but we'll see.

Human resource says no grabbing balls which is why I never pick up the spark.

If I'm on my Hunter, I usually run for it. Much better at that with someone covering me.

And I have jack shit to do. A lot of exotic engrams, a bunch of bounties for first IB, all characters tier 5, no weapons needed...I tried playing Deus Ex and uh, yea, the gunplay is from 2011.

Also, preordered the Pro. Dont care about Blurays because I'll have a better player for it.

Dibbs

If I'm on my Hunter, I usually run for it. Much better at that with someone covering me.

And I have jack shit to do. A lot of exotic engrams, a bunch of bounties for first IB, all characters tier 5, no weapons needed...I tried playing Deus Ex and uh, yea, the gunplay is from 2011.

Also, preordered the Pro. Dont care about Blurays because I'll have a better player for it.

Are there tiers?

glaurung

Are there tiers?
There is the stat metagame that currently peaks at Tier 12.

Tier 12 means that you have a total of 12 full bars between Intellect, Discipline and Strength. Most players go for 5/5/2, some do 4/4/4. Also depends how lucky you get with good item rolls. Getting all armor with rolls above 96% is time-consuming.

Getting a set that you actually like to wear with those rolls is very time-consuming.

Dibbs

There is the stat metagame that currently peaks at Tier 12.

Tier 12 means that you have a total of 12 full bars between Intellect, Discipline and Strength. Most players go for 5/5/2, some do 4/4/4. Also depends how lucky you get with good item rolls. Getting all armor with rolls above 96% is time-consuming.

Getting a set that you actually like to wear with those rolls is very time-consuming.

In other words, you can play Destiny and you can play Destiny.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Human resource says no grabbing balls which is why I never pick up the spark.

lol i dont mind grabbing the spark because it builds my super faster but man the amount of times i died barely a foot away from the Rift was frustrating as hell. one time i actually slid in but some guy had a nova bomb ready for me.

Apologies to everyone on the train last night. My last word quest got stuck on 95% despite multiple super kills and i had to hide in the corner to try and get the final 5% for the last two wins. i dont know if i regret it but i do feel some shame lol.

Yeah, agreed! It's tough. I never wanna take the ball for fear of wasting it

Always take the ball. Even if you waste it, you get 300 points for your team if you walk a few yards. Just look at the minimap for enemies and go around them. I always flank and get to at least two bars before dying. Most of the times i get taken out right before reaching the rift which means 900 points for the team.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, I'm back after a few months away from Destiny. A story that I'm sure you've heard before. What have I missed? Should I jump back into the game?

Have you guys watched this preview video of the next big Xbox One update that shows off the new Club and LFG social features?

Lots of little Destiny references: https://youtu.be/uc4qPKSf60c "King's Raid" lol

Anyway, I'm so pumped to (sort of) have native LFG support for Destiny. It's so cool that the LFG system imports your achievement progress so you can search for groups for specific achievements.

Hopefully PS4 implements something similar soon for the rest of you.

AEREC

Hmm...

So, sometime before Taken King, I'd erased my two alts and consolidated everything over to my main Guardian. I soon realized that this was a mistake when the Year 1 Exotic unlock records were contingent on them still being in my inventory, so I've learned my lesson on that score.

So I guess I'm spending the time between Rise of Iron's release and now completing my two new alts' subclass completions.

... I even had some weird headcanon fanfic stuff where I rationalized my deleting my first two alts as them falling to the Darkness and these two new alts being new recruits assigned to my main and she's the disgruntled/disillusioned vet having to watch these two newcomers.

Haha at the fanfic part...I usually don't use character boosters in games at all, but I may use the one that comes with RoI to roll an Exo Warlock (already have a male Human Titan and Female Awoken Hunter). I'm just telling myself he's a robot so he can skip levels 1-39 because he can be reprogrammed. I wouldn't use the booster on a human or awoken character.

I'm expecting a LOT of goodies tonight. This is patch 2.4 so it should include all the little quality-of-life updates we've been hearing about for a long time. 2.4.1 should unlock all of the new RoI content when it goes live, but I'm guessing today we'll get things like shaders affecting class armor :)

Haha at the fanfic part...I usually don't use character boosters in games at all, but I may use the one that comes with RoI to roll an Exo Warlock (already have a male Human Titan and Female Awoken Hunter). I'm just telling myself he's a robot so he can skip levels 1-39 because he can be reprogrammed. I wouldn't use the booster on a human or awoken character.

I can't be the only one who conjures up a headcanon for their Guardian(s), right? ;;>_>

I main a Human Warlock, and in Year 1 my alts were a Hunter and Titan, both Awoken. My alts now are Awoken Hunter and Exo Titan. Only the Exo is male, because I didn't like the face choices for Human or Awoken males. >_>

Dez_

Have you guys watched this preview video of the next big Xbox One update that shows off the new Club and LFG social features?

Lots of little Destiny references: https://youtu.be/uc4qPKSf60c "King's Raid" lol

Anyway, I'm so pumped to (sort of) have native LFG support for Destiny. It's so cool that the LFG system imports your achievement progress so you can search for groups for specific achievements.

Hopefully PS4 implements something similar soon for the rest of you.
I wonder if this is the same as the communities thing on psn. Pretty sure there are LFG activities there. For some reason, I thought Xbox already had that functionality. Nice to see it in effect.

Dez_

I hope everyone enjoyed using their grasps and high ROF pulse rifles. Their time is probably coming to an end.

darknil

Do destiny patches download in rest mode on ps4? I'm pretty sure they don't on xbox

Not always but generally yes.

Why? There are theories, I think the PS4 has a time to fetch the server to see if there are updates pending to be downloaded. Also, the game should be at least in the main menu (being played recently) in order to be checked.

Touch of Malice
It is intended that Touch of Malice still shine best in King’s Fall, but outside of the Raid, clever players figured out how to avoid Touch of Malice’s single drawback by imbuing themselves with the Blessing of Light - but the Darkness has been boiling stronger within the gun...
Touch of Malice’s self-damage infliction now removes Blessing of Light

samanddeanwhat9fk4j.gif

Whoa... Middle Titans... ;_;

Zakalwe

Banned
Snipers taking a hit. Unflinching down and effectiveness of flinch up. Also my new 1000YS no longer kills supers. ;_;

-

If you go to the version of RoI you purchased from PSN store, it allows you to select a version and choose to download. It doesn't appear to do anything though, not adding to queue...

kidko

lol i dont mind grabbing the spark because it builds my super faster but man the amount of times i died barely a foot away from the Rift was frustrating as hell. one time i actually slid in but some guy had a nova bomb ready for me.

Apologies to everyone on the train last night. My last word quest got stuck on 95% despite multiple super kills and i had to hide in the corner to try and get the final 5% for the last two wins. i dont know if i regret it but i do feel some shame lol.

Always take the ball. Even if you waste it, you get 300 points for your team if you walk a few yards. Just look at the minimap for enemies and go around them. I always flank and get to at least two bars before dying. Most of the times i get taken out right before reaching the rift which means 900 points for the team.

Great points. It's far better than 3 of us standing timidly next to the spark only to die by some spammy super

JJShadow

Touch of Malice
It is intended that Touch of Malice still shine best in King’s Fall, but outside of the Raid, clever players figured out how to avoid Touch of Malice’s single drawback by imbuing themselves with the Blessing of Light - but the Darkness has been boiling stronger within the gun...

Awww shit, just when I was this close to getting it to do KF HM using my defender. Is it going to become useless after the patch?

GlamFM

Banned
Relax about the Malice nerf. (Actually they killed it...)

After the LL increase no one, not even the middle Titans, will need a malice in KF.

robo

so they have tried to buff weapons nobody uses and still won't, and nerfed the ones they do and still will.

ok lol

robo

The way this is worded, I think this change only applies outside of the raid.

Otherwise this is really dumb.

thats how I read it

GlamFM

Banned
thats how I read it

You read it wrong. The Malice was supposed to be used in KF under the runners shield - and that´s where it "shines" - NOT in a blessing bubble.

They wont change the rules for a gun inside and outside of a raid.

Top Bottom