• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

wasn't No Time to Explain already pretty good?

edit: I'm REALLY happy about the sniper flinch increase. Maybe I will get to the Lighthouse in year 3 after all

XenoRaven

RE: Touch of Malice nerf

2iars4.jpg

Don't really see any issues otherwise.

ToM nerf is so people won't use the same strats for the new raid.

But unless there are new auras it's pretty much useless moving forward.

kidko

“You get the drop on an enemy sniper, reducing him down to a pixel of his life. Right before you pull the trigger for the last bullet to exit your scout rifle’s chamber, you see the glint and hear the sound of your head turning to mush. You raise your fist in the air and release a silent scream so as not to wake the baby.”

You know me too well

You read it wrong. The Malice was supposed to be used in KF under the runners shield - and that´s where it "shines" - NOT in a blessing bubble.

They wont change the rules for a gun inside and outside of a raid.

It really isn't that big of deal especially when there is a new Raid on the horizon and players will be mostly focused on it weekly.

Those who do still run King's Fall for whatever reason will just have to learn to be more efficient/effective in taking out the Ogres (combination of Blessing/Weapons bubbles, snipers, rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, Sleeper Stimulant) with the help of players on the platforms. This is how it should have been done in the first place instead of the easy mode introduced w/ Blessing and ToM.

Oryx can already be such a nightmare for groups that don't all bring their A-game...I'm just glad I already got everything I needed out of King's Fall.

Just a few more years until we can put them to work leveling our alts
Screw that, I'm making her do my other chores so I have more time for Destiny!

GlamFM

Banned
It really isn't that big of deal especially when there is a new Raid on the horizon and players will be mostly focused on it weekly.

Those who do still run King's Fall for whatever reason will just have to learn to be more efficient/effective in taking out the Ogres (combination of Blessing/Weapons bubbles, snipers, rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, Sleeper Stimulant) with the help of players on the platforms. This is how it should have been done in the first place instead of the easy mode introduced w/ Blessing and ToM.

As I said, the LL increase will make this fight trivial. Will will take down ogres with our sidearms.

123rl

I'm downloading it now but I can load the game up (nothing happens yet) New menu music and graphics. I'm in love already

Actually laughed out loud at: "starting with everyone’s favorite Titan class weapon" and "Fusion Rifles: Again, only small bug fixes. You can stop making that joke now."

Excited by most of the changes. Glad I got HM out of the way; I guess I'd now run Quilim's Terminus/Thunderlord/Supergood Advice on middle Titans with Ruin Wings or rotate platform holders in for heavy ammo.

Confused by "Unified damage for all Sidearm types"— so why use a lower RoF Havoc Pigeon over a Jabberhäkke? What I'm missing? Also, when I multiply the PvP damage (60/48 and 55/44) by their multipliers (1.03 / 1.07) they don't end up the same. All the sidearms are now 4 headshot/5 bodyshot kills. RIP Queen's Choice

"Possible fix for crash related to special effects triggered by the Firefly perk"

Guess I'll take the game breaking hand cannon for a spin...

Shows 12.64gb on X1

Sometimes it goes much faster than what I expect tho so who knows

Yep, it's 12GB on Xbox One. I had to restart console to trigger the update.

I guess it's a good time to continue to progress through Deus Ex: MD or return to and try and get through Quantum Break.

Up on X1 as well 12.64 gb.

Middle titans will be fine with black spindle get your weapons of light and 2 people will still melt ogres quickly 2 with the heavy machine gun will as well. Toss grenades from platforms mid titans toss em to and np. Even when max light was 320 could still get ogres down quick enough that they wouldn't have time to leave spot they spawned.

I don't understand what's so bad about snipers taking supers out?
If I use a super and get domed then I'm to blame for my bad, reckless super use.
Stormcallers and Sunbreakers have ionic blink/hammer charge which let you move more unpredictably to avoid fire...

Defuser

Wait...so if the fast firing sidearm got a 7% dmg,stability and the falloff range buff................................

That means the Iron Banner vendor Ironwreath-D with zen moment, hot swap,reinforced barrel is gonna be a fucking monster holy shit,

ToM nerf means I'll probably never run Oryx again. Using Blessing made the encounter so much better. It is going to be way too unforgiving again. Platform holders

Oh well. No loss really.

Back to the patch notes...

Initially bummed about the ToM nerf since I used it so much to melt strike/PoE bosses. That said, I remember hearing a dev talk about how the new raid was one where the mechanics of it wouldn't prevent you from overpowering it like KF did, so I presume it's a necessary change. So long, ToM. It was fun while it lasted.

Regarding PvP: Can't definitively say anything without having played in the new sandbox, but sniper rifle nerfs seem good overall. Shotgun changes seem bad. That said, I don't know about the damage decrease to mid-high impact snipers. In my mind, supers should be able to be shutdown if you get too close to a shotgun or get sniped in the head. In addition, if the affected shotgun classes are viable, shotgun rushing is going to be ubiquitous. I didn't miss those days and will not welcome them back.

E92 M3

Honestly, I can't remember the last MP game I played that just had so many nerfs. The ToM nerf was simply a crusade against fun, and snipers inability to kill supers is just petty.

Why is Bungie's team so in love with making weapons worse constantly? With Destiny 2 coming next year, just let us enjoy the final year of D1.

Top Bottom