• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol just my luck. Got my universal remote just a week ago from Xur. barely got a chance to use it since i was finishing my Last Word quest and now I will never use it again. Touch Of Malice as well. just got it last week. Though i would have never used it in the crucible so whatever.

I liked getting easy kills with the 1000 yard sniper, but i hated what it did to PvP in this game so this is probably for the best. I remember Clash Iron Banner being campy as fuck. Never again.

The Guerrilla Fighter perk is going to become the next Firefly an Outlast perk in terms of people dying for it. That is the only thing that jumped out as broken to me.

Good to see Auto rifles getting a buff.

Honestly, I can't remember the last MP game I played that just had so many nerfs. The ToM nerf was simply a crusade against fun, and snipers inability to kill supers is just petty.

Why is Bungie's team so in love with making weapons worse constantly? With Destiny 2 coming next year, just let us enjoy the final year of D1.

I get what you are saying. I hate the constant changes in PvP because if you nerf one thing you will make something else OP.

BUT

I have died way too many times at the hands of snipers barely a second after i activate my super. To be fair, i have done the same to quite a few people, but its never fun to just immediately get destroyed by a camper after you have spent half a game earning. I remember a game a couple of nights ago where i sneaked into the enemy spawn and waited for them to spawn with my super ready to activate. I was on a great super streak of like 8 kills so my last word quest was filling up fast. 2-4 kills would have earned me an extra 10-15%.

Guess what happened as soon as I stopped crouching, jumped and activated my super. I didnt even get the chance to throw my first hammer. There is no way that person had time to aim. it was all aim-assist.

Honestly, I can't remember the last MP game I played that just had so many nerfs. The ToM nerf was simply a crusade against fun, and snipers inability to kill supers is just petty.

Why is Bungie's team so in love with making weapons worse constantly? With Destiny 2 coming next year, just let us enjoy the final year of D1.

See if you nerf everything...then sooner or later you make all weapons equal.

Or something.

Ok DestinyGAF, tell me if I should love or hate the weapon balancing update. Although I don't understand why they are trying to re-work all of the useless perks (exhumed, guerrilla fighter) instead of just removing them.

lt519

ToM wasn't the only strategy for dealing with the Ogres. Black Spindle has worked fine in the past and will still work fine, just requires more skill.

I actually like all the balancing they've mentioned, will be fun to use Sidearms.

Ok DestinyGAF, tell me if I should love or hate the weapon balancing update. Although I don't understand why they are trying to re-work all of the useless perks (exhumed, guerrilla fighter) instead of just removing them.

Theres only so far you can go with perks before you stick to stat sticks(which they tried to avoid with those perks) or perks that might as well make them into exotics.

MrDaravon

Well fuck I need to get off my ass and get an Aetheon kill for the NTTE quest, that and the FWC rank 25 quest are the only two things I'm sitting on.

NeOak

I hope everyone enjoyed using their grasps and high ROF pulse rifles. Their time is probably coming to an end.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

3 burst kill is intended lol

EL CUCO

They're constantly trying to flip the meta...whatever meta that is. I'm sure the data was showing a higher % casuls
like me :(
getting domed out of their super.

E92 M3

lol just my luck. Got my universal remote just a week ago from Xur. barely got a chance to use it since i was finishing my Last Word quest and now I will never use it again. Touch Of Malice as well. just got it last week. Though i would have never used it in the crucible so whatever.

I liked getting easy kills with the 1000 yard sniper, but i hated what it did to PvP in this game so this is probably for the best. I remember Clash Iron Banner being campy as fuck. Never again.

The Guerrilla Fighter perk is going to become the next Firefly an Outlast perk in terms of people dying for it. That is the only thing that jumped out as broken to me.

Good to see Auto rifles getting a buff.

I get what you are saying. I hate the constant changes in PvP because if you nerf one thing you will make something else OP.

BUT

I have died way too many times at the hands of snipers barely a second after i activate my super. To be fair, i have done the same to quite a few people, but its never fun to just immediately get destroyed by a camper after you have spent half a game earning. I remember a game a couple of nights ago where i sneaked into the enemy spawn and waited for them to spawn with my super ready to activate. I was on a great super streak of like 8 kills so my last word quest was filling up fast. 2-4 kills would have earned me an extra 10-15%.

Guess what happened as soon as I stopped crouching, jumped and activated my super. I didnt even get the chance to throw my first hammer. There is no way that person had time to aim. it was all aim-assist.

See you're taking personality responsibility and diverting it to other players. You have to just be more aware if your surroundings when using supers.

See if you nerf everything...then sooner or later you make all weapons equal.

Or something.

Same can be said for buffing lol

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'm downloading it now but I can load the game up (nothing happens yet) New menu music and graphics. I'm in love already

I've downloaded it all only to be treated to...

...nothing. Servers are down too!!

Fuck my luck!!

molnizzle

halp, DGAF!

I recently acquired a temporary PS4 to knock out my year 2 moments of triumph while I still can. I haven't played the game in almost a year. When I last played HM Oryx was the highest endgame PvE content and challenge modes hadn't been introduced yet.

What's the deal with the multiple "levels" of the moments of triumphs this year? Once I finish everything on my list I won't have a new list of shit to do... right? From the looks of it I just need to do the new PoE shit and track down the last couple calcified fragments I missed. Unless that's just for "level 1" and there's more after that? That would suck. lol

Shiv47

I like the sniper flinch additions, but this won't matter too much to the people who use them like primaries. They're still gonna no-scope you from 10 feet away.

Like the sidearm buffs, and the Fabian Strategy buffs. Glad pulses made it out unscathed.

I also have a sniper rifle with Take a Knee and Quickdraw; I assume the buff will stack with Quickdraw?

NeOak

halp, DGAF!

I recently acquired a temporary PS4 to knock out my year 2 moments of triumph while I still can. I haven't played the game in almost a year. When I last played HM Oryx was the highest endgame PvE content and challenge modes hadn't been introduced yet.

What's the deal with the multiple "levels" of the moments of triumphs this year? Once I finish everything on my list I won't have a new list of shit to do... right? From the looks of it I just need to do the new PoE shit and track down the last couple calcified fragments I missed. Unless that's just for "level 1" and there's more after that? That would suck. lol

If you need the Golgoroth Challenge Mode calcified fragment or Kalgoor in CoO, you can give up on completing it now: It was last week's CM & CoO boss.

"Press A to Play"

AbsolutelyDisgusting.gif

halp, DGAF!

I'm pretty sure you are out of luck for your Moments of Triumph. Some of the things you need to do have already passed and won't come up in time.

molnizzle

If you need the Golgoroth Challenge Mode calcified fragment or Kalgoor in CoO, you can give up on completing it now: It was last week's CM & CoO boss.

uhh I'm not sure, I know I have the CoO one. Fairly sure challenge modes weren't a thing yet when I last played so I don't think I have Golgoroth. What was the "challenge?"

If I don't have it though, I'm just fucked from completing it now with nearly 2 weeks still left? What?

NeOak

uhh I'm not sure, I know I have the CoO one. Fairly sure challenge modes weren't a thing yet when I last played so I don't think I have Golgoroth. What was the "challenge?"

If I don't have it though, I'm just fucked from completing it now with nearly 2 weeks still left? What?

Welcome to weekly gated content.

I need one from the NF on the Dreadnaught, and if next week it isn't on the Dreadnaught, gg completing it on my friend's account D:

Kalamari

Most of the time the weapon patches are very targeted with their changes, but they changes with this patch seem to be all over the places. I believe the intent for more targeted and incremental changes is so that they don't create an imbalance in the process. Who knows what disaster all these changes will produce.

todd360

Dat title screen doe

Edit: NeOak is right as usual.

Also whats the point of playing this game if your not going to get the dlc?

MrDaravon

Whelp, fuck this game then. Guess I'm done until D2.

They announced the Triumphs 3 months ago with the end date, no surprises here. In shocking news the Triumphs are set up to reward hardcore/dedicated players for completing all of the endgame stuff, not playing the game for almost the entirety of Taken King and then getting mad you don't get the reward for essentially being a dedicated player when this was announced literally months ago is ridiculous to me.

MrDaravon

Oh yeah popped in to ask, I'm confused about the $40 Destiny bundle. I've seen several people mention that they're currently playing using the vanilla disc like I am and want to go fully digital, and were told you could just buy the $40 RoI bundle to get full digital across the board. I'm assuming they're referring to this:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rade/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTIONUPG

But that page refers to being an upgrade path for PS3 owners, so is that not correct, or does it just work anyway because it has no way of knowing or what? There's a separate PS4 listing for just The Destiny Collection but I can't buy it because it says I already have Taken King:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DSTCOLLECTION001

So I guess tl;dr - if I'm playing TTK right now but using a vanilla Destiny disc, will the first link at $40 actually work for me and give me digital everything immediately?

It's an emblem and a shader. No biggie

Also this; there's been emblems and other things that have already come and gone that are now impossible to get anyway, and if you haven't play in a year it's not like you care about 100% emblem kiosk completion obviously. And even if you did they generally do a good job of hiding emblems/shaders that are no longer possible to get in the kiosks if you don't have them, so even if you're OCD like me you won't even see in-game that you're missing it.

Unless you were really wanting to get the shirt I wouldn't worry about it. People got tired of using the Y1 emblem/shader super quick, I never see anyone with it and barely see people using the Y2 emblem either. Not a big deal really.

Top Bottom