• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

molnizzle

You could have checked any time during the past 2 months to know what you had to do.

They announced the Triumphs 3 months ago with the end date, no surprises here. In shocking news the Triumphs are set up to reward hardcore/dedicated players for completing all of the endgame stuff, not playing the game for almost the entirety of Taken King and then getting mad you don't get the reward for essentially being a dedicated player when this was announced literally months ago is ridiculous to me.

My PS4 broke around the time Neo rumors started circulating, so I held off on replacing it while I waited for an announcement. That just happened yesterday. Since it won't launch in time I borrowed a friend's PS4 to knock this shit out while there's still time.

I was a dedicated player before, I have most of the shit done except for the PoE thing and the last couple calcified fragments. It's absolutely reasonable to expect that I could knock out a PoE and track down a handful of calcified fragments during the last 2 weeks.

It's an emblem and a shader. No biggie

In "Completionism: The Game" yes, it's a biggie to me.

Spoo

I mean, do you have every shader so far? Every emblem? OG Trials exotic emblem, scarab, hic jacet? Do you have every single emblem bungie gives away exclusively only to people who attend PAX? The ones you have to pay to get? Got the Valentines Day shaders and emblem for Crimson doubles?

If you answered "no" to any of those, then I wouldn't worry so much about completionism.

especially since the shaders and emblems are kinda ugly anyway

todd360

My PS4 broke around the time Neo rumors started circulating, so I held off on replacing it while I waited for an announcement. That just happened yesterday. Since it won't launch in time I borrowed a friend's PS4 to knock this shit out while there's still time.

I was a dedicated player before, I have most of the shit done except for the PoE thing and the last couple calcified fragments. It's absolutely reasonable to expect that I could knock out a PoE and track down a handful of calcified fragments during the last 2 weeks.

Are you also planning on getting a max grimoire score? I hope you don't have a job.

NeOak

I was a dedicated player before, I have most of the shit done except for the PoE thing and the last couple calcified fragments. It's absolutely reasonable to expect that I can knock out a PoE and track down a handful of calcified fragments during the last 2 weeks.

Again, you assumed something.

Sadly, you are wrong.

There were PSAs all over that it was the last week to get the fragments corresponding to the CM and CoO for that week. And again, you had a long time to plan for it. You didn't bother to check what you had to do at all.

I'm doing MoT Y2 for a friend who basically stopped playing after she got the Y1 MoT. Planned the whole thing to get it in a month except that I couldn't do the NF last week, so that may be the fragment I could miss if they don't do NF with Shield Brothers or Alak-hul again.

The rest? so far got everything, just missing Oryx CM and this week's CoO other than the NF.

molnizzle

I mean, do you have every shader so far? Every emblem? OG Trials exotic emblem, scarab, hic jacet? Do you have every single emblem bungie gives away exclusively only to people who attend PAX? The ones you have to pay to get? Got the Valentines Day shaders and emblem for Crimson doubles?

If you answered "no" to any of those, then I wouldn't worry so much about completionism.

especially since the shaders and emblems are kinda ugly anyway

No, but there isn't a dedicated page on my Bungie.net profile with an emblem checklist. There is for Moments of Triumph, which I assume will continue through future versions of the game. Not being able to get the one for year 2 fucking sucks.

There were PSAs all over that it was the last week to get the fragments corresponding to the CM and CoO for that week. And again, you had a long time to plan for it. You didn't bother to check what you had to do at all.

I checked and saw that I needed a PoE and some calcified fragments. Figured that I wouldn't need more than a couple of weeks to handle that.

Whelp, fuck this game then. Guess I'm done until D2.
To be fair, you could've started paying attention a LONG time ago. I came back for the Y2 Moments of Triumph when it launched in June(?) and have had plenty of time to get everything done.

even if you did care, they generally do a good job of hiding emblems/shaders that are no longer possible to get in the kiosks if you don't have them, so even if you're OCD like me you won't even see in-game that you're missing it.
...unless we're talking about PS exclusive exotics still showing as missing on the Xbox kiosks.

NeOak

And PSA: Last armsday before ROI is next wednesday, so you need that for the exotic sword if you haven't done it.

I need to farm materials for two swords, mine and my friend's. FML

MrDaravon

FT100 Rumble matches let's go noomi

I actually need the majority of the grimoire from Crucible activities so I probably wouldn't bother actually boosting it unless I got to the point where Rumble wins was the last or nearly last thing I had left.

...unless we're talking about PS exclusive exotics still showing as missing on the Xbox kiosks.

Do they really? Goddamn that is garbage haha. I said "generally" because I think there might be a couple of emblems/shaders that show in the kiosk that aren't obtainable at this point but I'm not 100% positive on that. I'm kind of waiting to see what the kiosks look like in their Y3 versions before passing final judgment on that, but man that sucks for Xbox users.

shermas

HYPE.

Where are the rest of the patch notes?? BUNGIE, pls

Edit: I accidentally rolled over my Vanguard last night (helping someone with the ToM Undying Mind strike) and got a Hakke/Haake sidearm with zen moment, some stability perk and another range perk. New meta OP sidearm glory days here I come.

But...
I still hate them and won't use them.

EL CUCO

The Grimoire part was in the Game Informer interview you listened to last week

0__0
Hmm...I remember them talking daily bounties. I guess I missed the grimoire stuff. So did they say private matches would be available today?
No, of course not. See my post on the previous page.

We're likely to get the small quality-of-life changes like shaders affecting class armor.

Major RoI features will not be live until RoI.
Its not really a ROI feature tho. Private matches will be available to everyone.

Sofa King

Man, this is how people get sucked into paying 80-100 bucks for the PAX emblem. Gave 2 friends those and then heard people were paying that for them. Crazy stuff. If I could sell my Chasing Infinity ship I bet I could get a couple hundred for it at least.

NeOak

Man, this is how people get sucked into paying 80-100 bucks for the PAX emblem. Gave 2 friends those and then heard people were paying that for them. Crazy stuff. If I could sell my Chasing Infinity ship I bet I could get a couple hundred for it at least.

There is something ultra rare as fuck: The emblem from having the highest user level in the old Bungie.net forums. There are like 1000 people that have it iirc, and not all play Destiny.

The "rare' emblem I use is the one they gave if you had 4 Halo games registered before 343 took over. I had the 5 you could register.

Newbie King's Fall this Saturday (9/10) at 3:00PM EST.
Sign Up Here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Iu8AG8XtSc2gCnCjvGCoGg/viewform?usp=send_form

2 spots remaining.

Signed up.

Its not really a ROI feature tho. Private matches will be available to everyone.
That's a good point, but private matches are a primary bullet point on the back of the RoI box. It's not coming today. I guarantee it!

The "rare' emblem I use is the one they gave if you had 4 Halo games registered before 343 took over. I had the 5 you could register.
Hey, I probably have this emblem. Which one is it?

Sofa King

There is something ultra rare as fuck: The emblem from having the highest user level in the old Bungie.net forums. There are like 1000 people that have it iirc, and not all play Destiny.

Yep, I've seen those. Someone on my friends list has the Forum badge. The other one was in Reach I think. Was like a Halo watermark on the emblem right?

Zakalwe

Banned

The Union of Light emblem isn't even that nice.

NeOak

That's a good point, but private matches are a primary bullet point on the back of the RoI box. It's not coming today. I guarantee it!

Hey, I probably have this emblem. Which one is it?

Inner Chamber
inner_chamber.png

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12096

Full up on da newbie raid. Hey Neo do you have ToM on ObsceneHaze yet? ;P

What's ToM?
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

i'll finish that tomorrow lol

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Finally TTK music is gone!! The old splash screen is gone!! The real Destiny starts now!
Well, as soon as servers are back up.

NeOak

Thanks, I do have that. Too bad it's really ugly haha

Man, I want that Mythic emblem :(

IMO, emblems are meant to convey things you did. While it isn't the best emblem, I like it because whoever recognizes it knows what it means.

Why nerf ToM? I don't get it. It was never useful outside of KF.

Put blessing bubble in boss room
Shoot until shield is gone
Get blessing again
Shoot until shield is gone
Get blessing again

Rinse and repeat.

oSoLucky

The only emblem I'm really hurting for is the R-A-F one. Hopefully there is a big influx of players with RoI so I can try to creep on someone in the tower to get it.

NeOak

Public Events
1st Daily Public Event Gold completion:
1x Legendary Engram(once level 40; upgrade engram before)
15x Destination Materials
15x Legendary Marks
5x Motes of Light
Very low chance of Exotic Shard
4k XP – core, subclass, gear
25x Vanguard Rep

Repeated Gold Public Events:
200x Glimmer
Chance of 2-5 Destination Materials
Chance of 1-2 Motes of Light
1.5k XP
Green/Blue Engram