• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

No, but there isn't a dedicated page on my Bungie.net profile with an emblem checklist. There is for Moments of Triumph, which I assume will continue through future versions of the game. Not being able to get the one for year 2 fucking sucks.

I checked and saw that I needed a PoE and some calcified fragments. Figured that I wouldn't need more than a couple of weeks to handle that.

Hey I am just jumping in to the thread, so may have missed it..but have you allowed for the 8 hour gap between RoI reset and the MoT deadline? This means there will PROBABLY be an 8 hour window to get COO and CM fragments done. There are posts about it on reddit. We won't actually know until the day..but youll have to plan ahead and get something booked in as most players will want to do the new content.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Public Events
1st Daily Public Event Gold completion:
1x Legendary Engram(once level 40; upgrade engram before)
15x Destination Materials
15x Legendary Marks
5x Motes of Light
Very low chance of Exotic Shard
4k XP – core, subclass, gear
25x Vanguard Rep
Repeated Gold Public Events:
200x Glimmer
Chance of 2-5 Destination Materials
Chance of 1-2 Motes of Light
1.5k XP
Green/Blue Engram
25x Vanguard Rep
Repeated Silver Public Events:
100x Glimmer
Chance of 2-3 Destination Materials
750 XP
Repeated Bronze Public Events:
50x Glimmer
Chance of 1-2 Destination Materials
500 XP

lol wow! Marks, 4k XP, Legendary drop, chance of exotic drop, mats AND vanguard rep!

#MakePatrolsGreatAgain

I dont like this. Why so generous Bungie?

Public Events: :) :) :)

PvP: "Legendary Engrams have been removed from the Crucible PGCR, so Crucible Legendary Weapons will drop significantly more often"

molnizzle

Hey I am just jumping in to the thread, so may have missed it..but have you allowed for the 8 hour gap between RoI reset and the MoT deadline? This means there will PROBABLY be an 8 hour window to get COO and CM fragments done. There are posts about it on reddit. We won't actually know until the day..but youll have to plan ahead and get something booked in as most players will want to do the new content.

Hmm... didn't consider that. This was the case with PoE 35 when TTK dropped. I bet it'll work like that again.

What is the CM fragment that I (think I) need? All of Bungie API is down so I can't check anything. I love how after months of absence I finally borrow a PS4 and sit down to play on my one day off each week and the servers are down for like the longest maintenance of all time. fml lol

shermas

HYPE.

59% download. 4 pm is so, so far away, though.

Bungie getting generous with Public Events makes me nervous, though. Like we're going to need 200 silver mats or some other garbage to level up new weapons or something. What's the catch?

NeOak

Hmm... didn't consider that. This was the case with PoE 35 when TTK dropped. I bet it'll work like that again.

What is the CM fragment that I (think I) need? All of Bungie API is down so I can't check anything. I love how after months of absence I finally borrow a PS4 and sit down to play on my one day off each week and the servers are down for like the longest maintenance of all time. fml lol

Check https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com when the API comes up in 4 and a half hours.

I don't know ;) Google calcified fragment tracker and eait til the API's are up. Google and reddit can tell you the rotation of tier 3 coo and cm mode in the raid.

SpecX

Is there anyway to remote kickstart the update beside using a Vita? Hate to get home and have to wait "hours" at PSN speeds.

Feorax

Patch notes look pretty interesting. Will give it a look in a few hours.

I still (somehow) need the do a strike with a fireteam in your clan trophy. Which is the most active clan on GAF these days?

X-Frame

Going to be awesome to see so many people out in Patrol now. So 45 marks a day if you do Daily Public Event / Heroic Story / PvP mode. Not bad!

Can someone explain the point of having a central heavy ammo for elimination/trials. You're both going to be fighting for it so the likelihood is you'll wipe the other team or be wiped, thus never using it

Why not just get rid of it?

shermas

I could tell you a time when the best reward Public Events gave were 2 shards.

This guy knows.

I remember thinking that I'd never have enough ass shards/mats to level up my VoG gear. That walker....

Remember needing shards and getting mats? Or vice versa? Good times.

Edit: New music HYPE! Patch has finished downloading.

Kalamari

Can someone explain the point of having a central heavy ammo for elimination/trials. You're both going to be fighting for it so the likelihood is you'll wipe the other team or be wiped, thus never using it

It creates greater incentive and risk/reward for map movement. It also treats heavy more like the scarce commodity it should be.

NeOak

It creates greater incentive and risk/reward for map movement. It also treats heavy more like the scarce commodity it should be.

I like this, will create some very interesting moments, will also give one team a pretty big edge.

Blame Todd and his sword kills.

I didn't quote your private matches post, but there are some huge changes in the patch today.

Today, 10:10 AM:
I'm expecting a LOT of goodies tonight. This is patch 2.4 so it should include all the little quality-of-life updates we've been hearing about for a long time. 2.4.1 should unlock all of the new RoI content when it goes live, but I'm guessing today we'll get things like shaders affecting class armor :)

Macello, you're drunk.

It would if it was in Skirmish/Salvage but elimination you all start from the same point every time, plus half the maps will have an unbalanced "centre" point

void666

Banned
IMO, emblems are meant to convey things you did. While it isn't the best emblem, I like it because whoever recognizes it knows what it means.

Put blessing bubble in boss room
Shoot until shield is gone
Get blessing again
Shoot until shield is gone
Get blessing again

Rinse and repeat.

Really? I never felt like ToM was the better way to kill any boss. They die so quickly already.

I was literally using ToM last night on KF HM Oryx CM to manage Ogres, was using Defender with BoL and it's just the best.

bungo whyyyyyyyyyyyy???

ToM is even more situational now. What a shame.
Fuck KF HM.

Kalamari

It would if it was in Skirmish/Salvage but elimination you all start from the same point every time, plus half the maps will have an unbalanced "centre" point

Unbalanced maps were unbalanced before the change as well. It's not a solution to every problem, but it's a move in the right direction.

SpecX

I was literally using ToM last night on KF HM Oryx CM to manage Ogres, was using Defender with BoL and it's just the best.

bungo whyyyyyyyyyyyy???

Seriously, this was the only time I used it and the only reason I went out my way to get it. This makes KF even more stressful and frustrating, but fortunately they did this at the end of its run and not at the start.

I wonder if there will be some surprises waiting for us tonight ala treasure keys from House of wolves.
Most definitely. Probably in the Cosmodrome.

Remember the pre-DB swordbearers and how amazing it was to wield their swords for a minute after killing them? haha

Maybe we'll get to play around with axes tonight?

darthbob

Most definitely. Probably in the Cosmodrome.

Remember the pre-DB swordbearers and how amazing it was to wield their swords for a minute after killing them? haha

Maybe we'll get to play around with axes tonight?

Still never got Husk of the Pit lol

In a way, I'm glad because I never had an impetus to go for the Crux. :p

And PSA: Last armsday before ROI is next wednesday, so you need that for the exotic sword if you haven't done it.

I need to farm materials for two swords, mine and my friend's. FML

Wait, will we be unable to get the necessary mats after RoI goes live?

FyreWulff

There is something ultra rare as fuck: The emblem from having the highest user level in the old Bungie.net forums. There are like 1000 people that have it iirc, and not all play Destiny.

The "rare' emblem I use is the one they gave if you had 4 Halo games registered before 343 took over. I had the 5 you could register.

I just barely missed the Mythic but I was an ass to my cousin and just linked them to my Legendary after they bragged about getting a Union of Light off a streamer. Buy that, buddy! lol

3912Vqi.png

Man, I had to actually delete some stuff off my PS4 to make room for the patch. Time to think about upgrading the HDD.

Top Bottom