• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Thinking about the changes to flinch:

Assuming the aim deflection processes per hit, my Lyudmila getting a buff to rate of fire may bump it back to the god-tier status it deserves.

In its heyday, it was a cross-map, headshot, two burst laser; which these changes it may once again be able to challenge snipers, even with the three burst requirement.

If subsequent shots maintain the 100% aim deflection, then continued bursts will force the sniper to either disengage or be really good at re-centering his reticle.

Fast firing scouts will also benefit from this buff but the multi-hit of pulse rifles may be more effective.

Dez_

These weapon tweaks are pretty fascinating to read. I'm actually happy that high ROF pulses are still in, but I was bracing for that nerf. Interested in bringing out NTTE and see how that fairs with the damage buff and headseeker perk added. Honestly had no idea some sidearms weren't hitscan either.

I'm curious to see what will be the new op weapons that will be used, but I'll embrace the change and the not knowing because I still have a good time playing this game. Ready for Rise. Bring it on.

darthbob

I just barely missed the Mythic but I was an ass to my cousin and just linked them to my Legendary after they bragged about getting a Union of Light off a streamer. Buy that, buddy! lol

3912Vqi.png

Same, had Exalted Mythic Member title on the old Bungie.net but the snapshot of the database that Achronos made was at a time where my title was Exalted Legendary >_<

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
With the mailce nerf you could probably go 3/4 shots into the self damage then dip back into the bubble to reload and regen health

The nerf cancels exactly that, I thought.

I'm assuming what happens is that as soon as you take a shot when you're down to the last bullet, the ToM perk kicks in, and you won't be able to use the blessing until the perk "turns off".

bitsurugi

Initially bummed about the ToM nerf since I used it so much to melt strike/PoE bosses. That said, I remember hearing a dev talk about how the new raid was one where the mechanics of it wouldn't prevent you from overpowering it like KF did, so I presume it's a necessary change. So long, ToM. It was fun while it lasted.

Regarding PvP: Can't definitively say anything without having played in the new sandbox, but sniper rifle nerfs seem good overall. Shotgun changes seem bad. That said, I don't know about the damage decrease to mid-high impact snipers. In my mind, supers should be able to be shutdown if you get too close to a shotgun or get sniped in the head. In addition, if the affected shotgun classes are viable, shotgun rushing is going to be ubiquitous. I didn't miss those days and will not welcome them back.

I've said it in Discord chat, will repeat here: they shoudl have left ToM as is and let it not be infusable in Y3. Voila', problem solved (at 335 should NOT be doing as much dmg as a 400 LL) and you still keep the old strats intact.

But yeah, ToM as is, would have been the strat to go with 2 bubbles in ANY 6-man team activity. In strikes it ain't a problem, since... who cares about strikes.

As it is after the patch.. well, why would i ever use a ToM on Oryx now? Killing ogre is better with sniper/Sleeper, staggering Oryx is super easy with Sleeper/GG/pretty much anything.

Well, for doughters will still be a good choice but that's that. It definitellly killed it's usage for Warpriest. RIP ToM, was nice having you in Y2.

NeOak

Wait, will we be unable to get the necessary mats after RoI goes live?

When you get the mats, you gotta wait until armsday for the next step. That's the part I meant.

I just barely missed the Mythic but I was an ass to my cousin and just linked them to my Legendary after they bragged about getting a Union of Light off a streamer. Buy that, buddy! lol

3912Vqi.png

Man, I had to actually delete some stuff off my PS4 to make room for the patch. Time to think about upgrading the HDD.

Nice!

I've said it in Discord chat, will repeat here: they shoudl have left ToM as is and let it not be infusable in Y3. Voila', problem solved (at 335 should NOT be doing as much dmg as a 400 LL) and you still keep the old strats intact.

But yeah, ToM as is, would have been the strat to go with 2 bubbles in ANY 6-man team activity. In strikes it ain't a problem, since... who cares about strikes.

As it is after the patch.. well, why would i ever use a ToM on Oryx now? Killing ogre is better with sniper/Sleeper, staggering Oryx is super easy with Sleeper/GG/pretty much anything.

Well, for doughters will still be a good choice but that's that. It definitellly killed it's usage for Warpriest. RIP ToM, was nice having you in Y2.
I think the ToM nerf is pretty clear evidence the new raid has dps bosses.

Your solution would have been fine, unless they plan on updating King's Fall. They would have to upgrade ToM as well (for its intended use) and the 'problem' would be back.

We're probably lucky they didn't nerf it before now. Bungie does not like unintended consequences.

spyder_ur

Probably would have been an elegant solution, though people still would've bitched. My guess was there was some ROI/raid boss that was trivialized by the strategy and they wanted to get out ahead of it.

I have no problem with them nerfing ToM. I'm not a fan of ToM, I don't think it's fun to shoot or use (with the exception of killing yourself), getting it is a miserable quest, and I don't really like how they clearly designed the last raid room with ToM in mind, or vice versa.

FyreWulff

Same, had Exalted Mythic Member title on the old Bungie.net but the snapshot of the database that Achronos made was at a time where my title was Exalted Legendary >_<

Yep. Same thing happened to me. Was Exalted Mythic for a while but the Bungie.net snapshot is Legendary because of the timing of the snapshot.

There was also some weird system, from what I remember people that researched it, where there was some sort of limit on how many Mythic members there could be in the first place.

It's still splitting hairs to me, though. Have a usable but neutered ToM for RoI activities or have a ToM that melts in an outdated raid but is completely useless in RoI. I prefer the former, and I was someone who used ToM outside the raid a ton. As for KF, WoL plus snipers still crush, and old strats will give way to brute force when people are near 400 light, anyway.

How are you typing and working on your legs at the same time, btw?

Kalamari

There could be another raid exotic similar to ToM and maybe they wants players to chase that instead of relying on ToM.

NeOak

I have no problem with them nerfing ToM. I'm not a fan of ToM, I don't think it's fun to shoot or use (with the exception of killing yourself), getting it is a miserable quest, and I don't really like how they clearly designed the last raid room with ToM in mind, or vice versa.
to be fair, Golgy was designed around HoW shotguns

Deku Tree

I think ToM was nerfed because it was trivializing a lot of strike bosses. For too many of them there was a Blessing Bubble ToM DPS health melt strategy. Popping in and out of the bubble trivialized the main trade off of ToM. They didn't nerf it during TTK because they didn't want to face the backlash of ruining the go to strategy for KF HM Oryx.

Possibly the raid bosses in Wrath of The Machine are somewhat bullet spongey, and so the Blessing + ToM strategy would have trivialized them more than Bungie wanted. Hence they nerfed the strategy.

It's not going to be an issue for doing KF Oryx when everyone is 380-400 LL.

Dez_

Hmm... Now I want to save up for that FWC pulse rifle that has headseeker and glass half full and see how that fairs with the slight damage buff.

LTWood12

It's still splitting hairs to me, though. Have a usable but neutered ToM for RoI activities or have a ToM that melts in an outdated raid but is completely useless in RoI. I prefer the former, and I was someone who used ToM outside the raid a ton. As for KF, WoL plus snipers still crush, and old strats will give way to brute force when people are near 400 light, anyway.

main beef is they should've held the change until 9/20 for those here who are trying to get their triumphs done at least.

there was some sort of limit on how many Mythic members there could be in the first place.

Sounds like the player rankings in Myth: The Fallen Lords.

I'm not a fan of ToM, I don't think it's fun to shoot or use (with the exception of killing yourself), getting it is a miserable quest, and I don't really like how they clearly designed the last raid room with ToM in mind, or vice versa.

Yeah, I didn't find it fun to shoot and dreaded equipping it. I didn't mind the quest, much. IIRC it was designed after the raid and was specifically built to be powerful in the raid but not outside of it, especially not PvP.

PSN + wi-fi = agonizingly slow downloads.

At this rate, I won't get to play until tomorrow night.

I need to run a cable to my game room but unfortunately that is not an easy task.

main beef is they should've held the change until 9/20 for those here who are trying to get their triumphs done at least.

Gotta be honest, I pushed to get my triumphs finished last night before the patch. Been around long enough to know that patches bring a certain amount of uncertainty.

BTW...Thanks Bags and KC for grinding out CoE at 2am!

FyreWulff

I need to run a cable to my game room but unfortunately that is not an easy task.

Yeah, Sony wireless is seriously bad. like 2MB/sec wireless versus 99MB/sec wired (actual speed from PSN varies) from the same router.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Thats okay servers still down at the minute so your not missing anything.

Vets here are usually good about picking people up. People worried about not getting the CM completed this week just need to post that they need it on the board or send a message to people who might be inclined to help. Bungie's nerfs won't save Oryx this week.

Comms

Neo Member
I honestly don't know how these changes are going to go. In a way it's nice because we have a better footing when RoI hits. But I see the annoying side of it in terms of MoT.

That ToM Nerf though...something is fishy.&#128533;

Guess bubble titans will still be around, being the safest method of floating add-control for both them and the rest of the team.

But, shouldn't be too much of an issue to go to other methods like NTTE or Black Spindle for constant, no-reload damage.

Cheers, Darthbob, for being in the center with me for the last ToM-Bubble Titan-Add Control run.

MrDaravon

Reign is right in regards to the ToM nerf being make or break for the Oryx CM this week if you haven't already gotten it done. It's kind of annoying but isn't going to really stop a group from completing it or anything.

I doubt Bungie was concerned at this point about ToM making Oryx or Strikes too easy, nerf probably occurred to prevent any potential cheese in RoI content, especially in the Raid.

Obligatory post for all new KinderGuardians.

https://youtu.be/8Ibh3SLqwHc

Edit: Nailed it.

I'd totally forgotten about the queens chest zone thing, good times. Video is kind of oddly uplifting though lol

bitsurugi

Yeah, maybe they could tune it as doing less self dmg? KF is not an issue at all, since we can do it w/o ToM, the main issue i have with ToM now is... what's the point of this weapon? It's not usable even in KF (let's be honest, who had an issue staggering Oryx since september last year?), let alone outside KF.

It's mechanic makes it fully useful only on Daughters.. that REALLY sux for a raid exotic reward. At least with the Vex and Necrochasm i can still do the daily vanguard bounties ''get X arc/solar weapon kills'' :(

PS: finished my leg day just in time :)

GreyWind

Joined Bungie.net in 2001 and during Halo 3 Beta my account got deleted due to inactivity. Was close to getting Mythic around Feb 2013 and then the Bungie.net Beta update rolled and couldn't get it. :'(

darthbob

Yep. Same thing happened to me. Was Exalted Mythic for a while but the Bungie.net snapshot is Legendary because of the timing of the snapshot.

There was also some weird system, from what I remember people that researched it, where there was some sort of limit on how many Mythic members there could be in the first place.

I thought it was tuned to posting activity, as the time when my account was 'Mythic' was around when I posted more on B.net, but then as I transitioned to GAF and just got busier, my posting went down and so did the title.

Damn you bungie webmaster!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah it's going to affect lower skill people much more. See the problem with Bungie is they look at things from one perspective.

Top Bottom