• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Yeah, maybe they could tune it as doing less self dmg? KF is not an issue at all, since we can do it w/o ToM, the main issue i have with ToM now is... what's the point of this weapon? It's not usable even in KF (let's be honest, who had an issue staggering Oryx since september last year?), let alone outside KF.

It's mechanic makes it fully useful only on Daughters.. that REALLY sux for a raid exotic reward. At least with the Vex and Necrochasm i can still do the daily vanguard bounties ''get X arc/solar weapon kills'' :(

PS: finished my leg day just in time :)

Bits, Bits. Did you forget that the ToM is still and will still be the best weapon for the most fun Destiny activity?

draksis.jpg

Let's not talk abut sucking with respect to The Great Draksis Killer, please.

FyreWulff

I thought it was tuned to posting activity, as the time when my account was 'Mythic' was around when I posted more on B.net, but then as I transitioned to GAF and just got busier, my posting went down and so did the title.

Damn you bungie webmaster!

Yeah, it was. You'd lose it from not being active, and obviously activity went down after the Reach transition cutoff date. New people becoming Mythic would also bump others out of Mythic, from what I remember reading back then.

Snipers really only needed the flinch update

Lowering the damage is rough. But again it only applies to supers soooo

Just plan your tactics around that. I mean the meta is changing completely with the introduction of the new weapons and artifacts anyways

Eusis

Huh, so this "patch" is basically preloading Rise of Iron?

Been adding a bit to the PSN account to justify grabbing ASAP, $30 all at once is a bit hard to swallow right now, but $10 per week? Sure.

GreyWind

I thought it was tuned to posting activity, as the time when my account was 'Mythic' was around when I posted more on B.net, but then as I transitioned to GAF and just got busier, my posting went down and so did the title.

Damn you bungie webmaster!

Ha Achrono's trust system worked in weird ways. Back in the Halo 2 days if you became inactive for certain amount of time, I think it was more than a year. You'd get the account deleted. That's how I lost mine, lucky when I came back I was able to keep my OG username.

stay gold

Not being able to 1 shot supers with high armor does not sound good whatsoever.

Lowering the skill gap yet again.

It's bizarre, one week they're banging on about MLG and shit, the next they're balancing the game around people who can't figure out that roaming supers should be popped behind cover.

NeOak

Heard mixed things about PowerLine. What is MoCA all about? Is it a WiFi standard?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J7O3X0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah it's going to affect lower skill people much more. See the problem with Bungie is they look at things from one perspective.
The almighty Excel

edit:
I've said this before, but nice to see it 'confirmed.'

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1275901

Sorry, PS4DGAF :p

Better network is the Xbox exclusive content for Destiny.
Lots of people to play with is the true PS exclusive content

spyder_ur

to be fair, Golgy was designed around HoW shotguns

I never understood why the most efficient way of killing Golgy from 5 feet away was with snipers. I mean, it undisputedly was, but it never made sense to me.

Bits, Bits. Did you forget that the ToM is still and will still be the best weapon for the most fun Destiny activity?

draksis.jpg

Let's not talk abut sucking with respect to The Great Draksis Killer, please.

I always used Rockets - was ToM more efficient?

I had been bitching about the lack of significant flinch while sniping for a long time.

Will make Trials 1000x better in RoI. I'm bringing an AR to the party.

I'm with you. I'd just like to trouble snipers when I get the jump on them, and it's clear Bungie had exactly that situation in mind with these changes. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill. Same with sniping Supers. I suspect those saying Bungie is 'reducing the skill gap', or whatever else, will be just fine. They'll still do great, and they'll have private matches now to really sweat it out.

By the way, I'm guessing the Elimination/Trials heavy change will be bad for losing teams. It'll be a superfest at the heavy point. Heavy round felt like a chance to turn the match around if you were losing. I guess in that case they're broadening the skill gap.

All the top Xbox players who switched to PS4 comment that the shot registration is much better on PS.
Curious to see the context, do you have a source?

I've played many hours of PvP on both systems and Xbox has been a much better experience, in my experience.

Lots of people to play with is the true PS exclusive content
PS has a much bigger player base but it's never been an issue for me, especially with (mostly) native LFG support coming to X1 soon.

It's bizarre, one week they're banging on about MLG and shit, the next they're balancing the game around people who can't figure out that roaming supers should be popped behind cover.

I wonder if they'll let MLG blanket ban most things like the current sweat rules, it hardly looks good to an outsider. Plus they confirmed this week that they don't like them as it kicks away the design pillars

I'm with you. I'd just like to trouble snipers when I get the jump on them, and it's clear Bungie had exactly that situation in mind with these changes. I'm not saying it doesn't take skill. Same with sniping Supers. I suspect those saying Bungie is 'reducing the skill gap', or whatever else, will be just fine. They'll still do great, and they'll have private matches now to really sweat it out.
I think this new solution is much better than the Halo descope mechanic. I'm excited to see the new flinch changes in action soon.

I've put a significant amount of time into XB1 destiny the last week or so and the lag is just as bad on XB1 as it is PS4.
I wouldn't even consider lag an issue on X1, at least for me. I have both consoles on wired connections FWIW

FyreWulff

Huh, so this "patch" is basically preloading Rise of Iron?

Been adding a bit to the PSN account to justify grabbing ASAP, $30 all at once is a bit hard to swallow right now, but $10 per week? Sure.

Yep. They did the same for the previous expansions. It gives everyone time to get all the data installed and then they just flip the switch on release time.

For Taken King they even did a "Crucible Preview" where the TTK maps and modes were free to everyone in the limbo week. No idea if they're doing that this time.

Wilde

Yes. Faster TTK and no ammo dry spells/synthing. It's a special kind of hell, though.

Is it tricky to time this to wipe right when you kill him? Never tried it with Touch of Malice, but I do want to farm some Ether Seeds/house banners, and this sounds like it would be a lot faster.

BLCKATK

I'm wondering if there will be a sniper in Rise of Iron in the high impact - slow fire rate category that people will enjoy. Personally I like that if you want to specialize yourself to be able to kill supers you have to bring the right gear for the job now. The change would feel a lot better if they introduced snipers that were fun to use in that category, I don't really see Black Spindle as a PvP sniper but I prefer snipers like Defiance of Yasim.

MrDaravon

Hmm, so do these work pretty well then? We tried the powerline adapter in our apartment and even via a direct ethernet hookup in the other room (not using it as a wifi extender or anhything) it worked but the internet would commonly drop briefly which made it a no-go for gaming and annoying trying to use a computer in there. Looking into it it seems like the quality of the electrical wiring has a lot to do with how those work, but I'm guessing maybe coax doesn't have that issue?

Dam. I forgot to clear space on the PS4 for the patch. It will be a special kind of hell tomorrow morning when i arrive from work to clear space and download all. Oh well...

NeOak

Hmm, so do these work pretty well then? We tried the powerline adapter in our apartment and even via a direct ethernet hookup in the other room (not using it as a wifi extender or anhything) it worked but the internet would commonly drop briefly which made it a no-go for gaming and annoying trying to use a computer in there. Looking into it it seems like the quality of the electrical wiring has a lot to do with how those work, but I'm guessing maybe coax doesn't have that issue?

I use it. Works great. Just make sure that if you use a Coax splitter, it can do up to 1675Mhz.

That box brings a 2 way splitter just in case.

Usually coax is better since there is less noise and is newer than the average electrical installation.

Eusis

After patch Destiny trophy list has "PS Vita" next to PS3/PS4.

Destiny Vita confirmed!
It'll be a somewhat strange time when a AAA game stops being supported on PS3 to focus on PS4, only to get ported to Vita instead.

Somewhat strange, because we've been seeing quite a few Vita/PS4 games that leave PS3 out of the loop, or the PS3 version gets left behind in Japan while Vita and PS4 versions come over.

NastyBook

Rift
Added an overshield on player spawn to cut down on spawn-camping
Extended runner damage resistance when picking up spark by a few seconds
Laggers are gonna grab the Spark and become invincible now.
Fabian Strategy
Kills with this weapon now automatically load a portion of the magazine
Increased base range by 16%
Increased base stability by 44%
Bout time the Titan's exotic primary got a buff. Was the only that I didn't use. Think I can count on my hands the number of times I got killed by it. Hope I didn't scrap mine, but I think I did.
No Time to Explain
Added intrinsic perk Headseeker
Ooh, la laaaa.

123rl

Will there be any new content in this update, similar to what we got for PoE and TTK? Also, it's meant to come back on in a few minutes, right?

Top Bottom