• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Geist-

IvqFIY3.gif

Do you guys use any grip for the Vita?

I tend to change grips :/
Not at the moment. Only use the vita for patrol missions. I started to use it more during the kids summer hollidays so im considering getting some grips. Need to so some shopping around first

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Man I really wish they would have separated the sniper flinch charges from PvE. This is gonna be so annoying.

oSoLucky

Curious to see the context, do you have a source?

I've played many hours of PvP on both systems and Xbox has been a much better experience, in my experience.

PS has a much bigger player base but it's never been an issue for me, especially with (mostly) native LFG support coming to X1 soon.

Isn't the Xbox thing coming just a big community pool that you have to join/get invited to? Maybe I missed something but I thought that's how it worked. If so, PSN has had the exact same thing. I'm in a few for Destiny/The Division but nobody really uses them for MM. Everyone just posts on GAF anyway.

Also, PvP has felt the exact same to me and my one other friend on both systems. I also downloaded the update in <20 minutes on both and have good PSN speeds generally, so there may be a difference from those without good connections to PSN.

Comms

Neo Member
Listening to the music a second time through, hearing some halo reach, some skyrim, some Lord of the rings. Nice to hear.

rezn0r

Sitting here at the main menu with headphones on refreshing forums, twitter, and work email. The fuck am I doing with my life.

I haven't played in at least 6 months. Here's some random thoughts/questions after playing for a couple hours last week.

-Hi.

- I only play PvE. What weapons are people using these days?

- I want the Mida Multi Tool. I'm currently using Hung Jury. Is Mida still as awesome as it was in year 1??

- Are hand cannons still nerfed and crappy now or have they fixed that?

- Is there any reason at all to use sidearms yet?

- I'm like 308 light I think. I played level 41 PoE and damn that shit is hard. I couldn't beat like the 4th wave. I will eventually but eesh. It better be worth beating.

- When you infuse now it goes right to the light level of the infused equipment. That's fucking awesome.

- I tried to track a bounty and would like to say I think it's fucking dumb that when you "track" it, it still doesn't show up on the world map. For example it might say go kill oogabooga at blahblahblah. So I know the name of the dude and that it's one of the missions, but I have no idea what fucking mission it is exactly. Why it doesn't track it properly is baffling to me. It should show up just like a mission would so you know where the hell to go.

Midas

Why are Bungie so bad at keeping their maintenance within the timeframe they state? Maybe they should try the old trick and say "It'll take 9 hours" even though they plan for 8? :)

rezn0r

Buncha things

-Sup.

- All the weapons except sidearms. But... (see below)

- You sound like a scout fan. Yes the MIDA is still awesome, I love it.

- They got better than the time they were the worst they ever were, but not as good as they once were. Someone who PvPs way more than me will have a better answer. I like a couple of them in PvE still.

- See today's patch notes!

- Keep drinking your milk and it'll be a joke in no time.

- Yup.

- Everything you say makes sense to me, I think you're on to something.

Hey, you're checking work email, that's productive, isn't?

I suppose you're right, thank you for making me realize that I should start having a couple beers as a reward!

Why are Bungie so bad at keeping their maintenance within the timeframe they state? Maybe they should try the old trick and say "It'll take 9 hours" even though they plan for 8? :)

They had posted 'Maintenance is expected to conclude by 4:00 PM Pacific (11:00 PM UTC).' which is still another ~50m, unless they posted somewhere it's going to go longer?

Midas

-Sup.

- All the weapons except sidearms. But... (see below)

- You sound like a scout fan. Yes the MIDA is still awesome, I love it.

- They got better than the time they were the worst they ever were, but not as good as they once were. Someone who PvPs way more than me will have a better answer. I like a couple of them in PvE still.

- See today's patch notes!

- Keep drinking your milk and it'll be a joke in no time.

- Yup.

- Everything you say makes sense to me, I think you're on to something.

I suppose you're right, thank you for making me realize that I should start having a couple beers as a reward!

They had posted 'Maintenance is expected to conclude by 4:00 PM Pacific (11:00 PM UTC).' which is still another ~50m, unless they posted somewhere it's going to go longer?

Ah, shit. I can't count. Sorry Bungie!

I haven't played in at least 6 months. Here's some random thoughts/questions after playing for a couple hours last week.

-Hi.

- I only play PvE. What weapons are people using these days?

- I want the Mida Multi Tool. I'm currently using Hung Jury. Is Mida still as awesome as it was in year 1??

- Are hand cannons still nerfed and crappy now or have they fixed that?

- Is there any reason at all to use sidearms yet?

- I'm like 308 light I think. I played level 41 PoE and damn that shit is hard. I couldn't beat like the 4th wave. I will eventually but eesh. It better be worth beating.

- When you infuse now it goes right to the light level of the infused equipment. That's fucking awesome.

- I tried to track a bounty and would like to say I think it's fucking dumb that when you "track" it, it still doesn't show up on the world map. For example it might say go kill oogabooga at blahblahblah. So I know the name of the dude and that it's one of the missions, but I have no idea what fucking mission it is exactly. Why it doesn't track it properly is baffling to me. It should show up just like a mission would so you know where the hell to go.

Hi

Weapons depend on the activity mostly but.....

Mida is great but a year later hung Jury is still the goat primary catch all

Hand cannons for pve are hit and miss. If you get incredibly lucky with a good roll imago loop you'll have nothing to complain about. As a matter of fact you run it in everyone's face at every opportunity. See* wipedout

I havnt having been aware of a bounty that required you to kill X boss on X mission since ttk came out. Do not sure what your on about there

Poe 41 is a pain. Get some help with the 42 version. It's actually easier and the rewards will speed boost your level fairly quickly

shermas

Scheduled for another 45 minutes. They haven't missed their window quite yet.

todd360

Bungle! *Waves fist in a threatening fashion*

Are we expecting Siva fallen patrols or anything once the servers are back?

Dragula56

Neo Member
"Maintenance has been extended by 2 hours. Expected completion and Update 2.4.0 availability is now 6PM PDT. Thank you for your patience!"

Sorry to break it to you. From the bungie help Twitter.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bungle! *Waves fist in a threatening fashion*

Are we expecting Siva fallen patrols or anything once the servers are back?
Bungie did say during their GI Skype interview that they had something planned for pre-RoI stuffs. I'd assume there'd be some form of Patrol activity, a la House of Wolves and The Dark Below.

Now we just need PSN to go on maitenance to make life even more miserable.

Kidding, kidding. (Dear traveller, may your light guides against Sony dire download speeds)

Top Bottom