• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Shiv47

Download was halfway through, came back to check on it, it had cancelled due to a DNS error. So it apparently has to start from scratch. <sighs>

Hey guys! I have the Taken King on disc, but I'm wanting to just buy the whole shebang digitally. When I try to buy the new $60 collection that includes everything through Rise of Iron, it says I can't buy it because I already own The Taken King. I've tried deleting it all from my library and everything but I guess it's locked to my account.

Is there any way I can "wipe" it completely so that I can just buy the package without getting that error? Thanks.

Bungie did say during their GI Skype interview that they had something planned for pre-RoI stuffs. I'd assume there'd be some form of Patrol activity, a la House of Wolves and The Dark Below.

Did they announce the pre-dlc stuff ahead of the update? Or steath update it? Like is there a chance of a bonus patrol activity up today?

Hey guys! I have the Taken King on disc, but I'm wanting to just buy the whole shebang digitally. When I try to buy the new $60 collection that includes everything through Rise of Iron, it says I can't buy it because I already own The Taken King. I've tried deleting it all from my library and everything but I guess it's locked to my account.

Is there any way I can "wipe" it completely so that I can just buy the package without getting that error? Thanks.

Everything following vanilla Destiny (Dark Below, House of Wolves, The Taken King, Rise of Iron) is digital download only. The only thing on that disc you have is the original Destiny.

You'll need to buy vanilla Destiny (not sure what this goes for today) digitally to play without the disc and then the RoI expansion ($30).

Hah, I'm at work and reading this thread. Now I can revel in all of your suffering :D
I am at work also. This download will make my early morning Destiny session a no go. It will take forever to download. It could have done it overnight, but i think i dont have enough space on the hard drive.

E92 M3

There is something ultra rare as fuck: The emblem from having the highest user level in the old Bungie.net forums. There are like 1000 people that have it iirc, and not all play Destiny.

The "rare' emblem I use is the one they gave if you had 4 Halo games registered before 343 took over. I had the 5 you could register.

Signed up.

I was a mythic member until I got banned for something stupid. Have other 2, but sucks missing out on the final one.

Everything following vanilla Destiny (Dark Below, House of Wolves, The Taken King, Rise of Iron) is digital download only. The only thing on that disc you have is the original Destiny.

You'll need to buy vanilla Destiny (not sure what this goes for today) digitally to play without the disc and then the RoI expansion ($30).

Ohhh okay. I thank ye sir.

Ohhh okay. I thank ye sir.

I should have also said that since you bought The Taken King you already own Dark Below and House of Wolves as well but like I said you'll need vanilla Destiny digitally to play without the disc and then you can just buy Rise of Iron separately for $30. That should be cheaper or essentially the same cost as buying "The Destiny Collection."

I should have also said that since you bought The Taken King you already own Dark Below and House of Wolves as well but like I said you'll need vanilla Destiny digitally to play without the disc and then you can just buy Rise of Iron separately for $30. That should be cheaper or essentially the same cost as buying "The Destiny Collection."

Looks like the vanilla isn't on the store separately. All I'm seeing is the full collection and an upgrade thing with everything except Iron and that's $40. So all of it would be $70 I guess.

chur

Looks like the vanilla isn't on the store separately. All I'm seeing is the full collection and an upgrade thing with everything except Iron and that's $40. So all of it would be $70 I guess.
The collection should have ROI. A lot of people who bought physical copies of vanilla Destiny are buying the $40 Collection to go all digital.

Well then, how important is it to play without the disc? You could just buy RoI for $30.

Just to make sure, I'm assuming you bought the physical version of The Taken King that included Destiny and all expansions from Year 1?

Isn't the Xbox thing coming just a big community pool that you have to join/get invited to? Maybe I missed something but I thought that's how it worked. If so, PSN has had the exact same thing. I'm in a few for Destiny/The Division but nobody really uses them for MM. Everyone just posts on GAF anyway.
No, you're talking about communities, which are called clubs on Xbox. Xbox is also getting a fully fleshed LFG system called LFG that works similar to the LFG.net app but with even more features. It's gonna be awesome.

The $40 collection includes rise of iron. You just get everything else up front to play now, and a roi preorder for later with that bundle.

(Just bought it myself today to ditch my vanilla destiny disk)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Did they announce the pre-dlc stuff ahead of the update? Or steath update it? Like is there a chance of a bonus patrol activity up today?
No specifics were mentioned, but here's the GI interview that was done if you wanna watch it.

I am at work also. This download will make my early morning Destiny session a no go. It will take forever to download. It could have done it overnight, but i think i dont have enough space on the hard drive.
That EuroTrash internet, huh? Can't you get one of your kids to turn your console on and delete stuff to free up space?

Did anyone see Tripple Wrecks new video about Ghost Bullets?! This needs to be fixed and I'm shocked it's not in this update!

https://youtu.be/bZ24eDTg_s4

He's using low-range weapons at mid-to-high range. Couple that with reticle bloom and it's no surprise this happens. I use an Eyasluna so I know the feeling, but I also know to close the distance for more reliable shots.
Regardless, the patch notes mention a new high range/low rate of fire Hand Cannon archetype that should fit the bill of what some people want from an HC.

The $40 collection includes rise of iron. You just get everything else up front to play now, and a roi preorder for later with that bundle.

(Just bought it myself today to ditch my vanilla destiny disk)

Oh? Huh. It doesn't say so in the store description so... that's good to know!

edit: it does, it's just further down.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Oh i meant did they announce it as part of the pre-dlc updates the other times they did it, not about this time.
Oh, back with HoW and TDB? Fuck, that was 2 years ago, I can't remember back that far :p

I don't think so, because I remember everyone being surprised by Hive Knights coming out of caves in the Cosmodrome.

rezn0r

Since we're talking versions to purchase. If I wanted to be an asshat and pay money for the exotic class items, shaders, and emotes that came with the TTK Collector's Edition, is that possible digitally? Of course physical versions are stupid prices....

He's using low-range weapons at mid-to-high range. Couple that with reticle bloom and it's no surprise this happens. I use an Eyasluna so I know the feeling, but I also know to close the distance for more reliable shots.
Regardless, the patch notes mention a new high range/low rate of fire Hand Cannon archetype that should fit the bill of what some people want from an HC.

His eyasaluna has rangefinder and he's not even that far away.

I don't think they are introducing a new archetype but rather rolling weapons in the First Curse class with higher base ranges.

As for your first point, I have a couple issues. Firstly the ranges tested were short range, not mid to long range. Any shorter would have been broaching shotgun range. In the past too Bungie has said they want hand cannons to he effective at mid range and be more effective than fast firing pulse rifles at medium range. However pulses don't seem to suffer from phantom bullets. The biggest issue is the idea that bloom could even come into play firing that slowly. It is completely unreasonable to expect anyone to fire that slow and still miss shots on target or have them register wrong. Bloom has got to go.

nowai

Could not disagree more. That is NOT mid-to-high range. The range is he shooting at is right in line with where hand cannons are effective. You would not see him headshot crit for 82 damage if he was outside the damage range.

His crit damage would be between 60-70 if he was outside the range. Top it off, he is using a Luna with Rifled Barrel, resulting in a 62 range stat. Add on top of that, it has Rangefinder giving him the the best possible range with a hand cannon outside of an Imago Loop.

Range should lower the damage, not make it fire like a paintball gun. Not landing shots when you think you're on target makes you second guess and adjust where you're aiming and then you land even less.

Did anyone see Tripple Wrecks new video about Ghost Bullets?! This needs to be fixed and I'm shocked it's not in this update!

https://youtu.be/bZ24eDTg_s4

I thought this has been know for a long time. its sucks and has killed my enjoyment of the game. i used to run The Last word a lot and was pretty good at it but having to rng decide if my bullet is going to hit or not is fucking BS Bungie and a very lazy way of dealing with weapon balance.

Fix this shit now

Mengetsu

I thought this has been know for a long time. its sucks and has killed my enjoyment of the game. i used to run The Last word a lot and was pretty good at it but having to rng decide if my bullet is going to hit or not is fucking BS Bungie and a very lazy way of dealing with weapon balance.

Fix this shit now

Reading more on this it seems he's posted it on Reddit and the forums to get Bungie to notice and see if they can get Cozmo to relay this to the team. I hope this does get fixed and soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/51ty7d/ghost_bullets_tested/
The current top post atm.

If we want this problem fixed, we need to tweet the shit out of it to Bungie. They aren't getting the fucking hint that PRIMARY weapons need to be functional in the engagement range presented in the video.
What we're seeing here isn't a design philosophy, or balance. Any number of things could be changed in the sandbox that wouldn't look this broken. What we're seeing is that even the range stat, any amount of player skill, and paced shots (all mechanics which supposedly make-or-break handcannons) cannot overcome the RNG added to a really fucking common engagement range that all PRIMARY weapons need to be able to handle.
What we're seeing is a broken game mechanic, and it needs to be fixed ASAP. We're currently being drowned out by the fucking Bungie forums who just want the next set of weapons to be nerfed.
Balancing Squad:
https://twitter.com/_mantis_
https://twitter.com/gregcpeng
https://twitter.com/sharkeatsman
.#Allbulletsarelitc

/u/deej_bng
/u/cozmo23

oSoLucky

No, you're talking about communities, which are called clubs on Xbox. Xbox is also getting a fully fleshed LFG system called LFG that works similar to the LFG.net app but with even more features. It's gonna be awesome.

Just read about it. That's cool. Developers should still have tools in their games though. Having it in the Xbox OS isn't much removed from having to go to an external site. I'm interested to see if more people use the Xbox version or LFG sites though in the future.

As a Chiefs fan born and raised in Kansas City, I support this.
raw

EloquentM

aka Mannny
starting destiny all over again, played last since it came out.
Should I start this...is it worth it.

Sorry no one answered it's an exciting time today.

the game is very much worth it at this point if you're starting over (it'll be a long trek to the top unless you use level boosters though). we have a great community here with a vast amount of knowledge and a readiness to help newbies in need. if you decide you want to play again you're in for a treat

Top Bottom