• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Pop

Destiny pvp is a far cry from Bungie Halo days. Shotguns are way too op, the reach is insane. Unbalanced mess

Rehsa

If I show you guys some of the stuff I pulled off within the first 60 seconds of the game you'd all switch to shotguns.
IB is forcing me to be ok with my PC, I'm nowhere near any of you in kills and skill but with my bracket of scrubs I'm doing alright

It has nothing to do with the fast pace, it's just a clusterfuck.

it's exactly the same as it is in call of duty. it's just tdm that forces people out of their comfort zones. you want to win?

imo, the most annoying part of destiny pvp over the last year or so is people sniping long site lines. it's boring and cheap to me. you can't do that in supremacy if you want to win.

also i think a lot of people who haven't played this game type are not yet familiar with how important baiting is. everyone just immediately rushes towards the crests with no regard for their lives. that's what makes it seem chaotic.

Deku Tree

Wow no trains. All I get are L's in random MM. Last one was 150-40. MM pls. That's after they tried to find me a better match.

Oh great six random against another full team.

This has been true for every Iron Banner ever and I have no fucking idea why Bungie continues to allow it to happen. Unless I'm playing Trials I do not want to matchmake with other fireteams ever. Ever. If you tryhard with a fire team in regular Crucible then you should be matched against other tryhard teams, and if it takes forever to find a match then tough shit for you. UGH.

Honestly, how do you expect that to work? Teams just sit in orbit forever until the right number of players with the right mix of ELO & location/ping finally appear? How does that even work if you're a team of 5? It's a game based around community, and PvP really only reaches its strategic potential once you've got a team working in tandem. If it really bugs you that much, just join up with a group here. Like, the whole point of this game is to kick back with some friends & shoot stuff. Punishing those people is literally the worst thing they could do for the community.

Hey guys, IB Supremacy -- am I doing it right?

nNBgY4e.jpg

So much skill in his own mind, yet he can't come up with any counter to a guy running straight at him. ROFL.

part of the problem is that everyone thinks that you need to jump on an IB train for some reason. it's easy as hell to hit level 5 in IB, and wins don't even matter that much. i think this is also part of the reason why IB connections are always worse.

Zocano

part of the problem is that everyone thinks that you need to jump on an IB train for some reason. it's easy as hell to hit level 5 in IB, and wins don't even matter that much. i think this is also part of the reason why IB connections are always worse.

Wins do matter, though.

It's how you get the last 2 ranks of rep since the bounties only really cover the first 3. And some people get fucked. I had basically a 10+ loss streak and it was super frustrating. And that is from someone who has super high tolerance for this shit.

Mindlog

Meh. I prefer competitive matches.
Matching against 6 stacks rarely provides that.
Matching as a 6 stack rarely provides that.

It gets to the point where you just stop caring and dick around doing silly stuff. I pull stuff in IB/Destiny I would never dream of doing when solo queue in Paragon.
Wins do matter, though.

It's how you get the last 2 ranks of rep since the bounties only really cover the first 3. And some people get fucked. I had basically a 10+ loss streak and it was super frustrating. And that is from someone who has super high tolerance for this shit.
I was generally lucky, but consecutive joins into blatantly losing propositions needs to be addressed.

Wins do matter, though.

all you have to do is 1 out of 6 and it's not that important. it is more important now since they widened the gap between rep for a win and rep from a medallion, but it's still crazy easy to level up. there will be times when you go more than 6 games without a win, but it's pretty rare.

lt519

Hit rank 5 on second toon in about 2 hours. Up to 386 on my Titan and probably could push 386 on my Hunter as well. Done everything but the raids this week, will save those for Sunday. Not going to be much movement from here, have a staple of weapons at 386 or above to infuse into whatever I want.

Not too sure about keeping a third character going. I could insta level it to 385, but don't ever really enjoy playing as a Warlock. I did that up until TTK but the amount of activities to do now is almost too much to keep up with 3 classes.

Jblanks

That gun needs stability to be useful.

Not sure if it rolling counterbalance and braced frame is a possibility on it but that would give you optimal stability.

Gotcha; I've gotten 2 with perfect and counter, no braced yet.

3 wins in a row; 3-0 since I switched to Palindrome, all top 3 finishes. Not even mad.

What is going on with this matchmaking?!! At least 50-75% of I get placed on a team that just drools on their controllers while the other smears me with sweat. The amount of games that end with breaking up the teams is comical at this point.

Ryck

Hit rank 5 on second toon in about 2 hours. Up to 386 on my Titan and probably could push 386 on my Hunter as well. Done everything but the raids this week, will save those for Sunday. Not going to be much movement from here, have a staple of weapons at 386 or above to infuse into whatever I want.

Not too sure about keeping a third character going. I could insta level it to 385, but don't ever really enjoy playing as a Warlock. I did that up until TTK but the amount of activities to do now is almost too much to keep up with 3 classes.
I feel very similarly, id dare say you could probably just run one character and still have plenty to do all week.

Gotcha; I've gotten 2 with perfect and counter, no braced yet.

3 wins in a row; 3-0 since I switched to Palindrome, all top 3 finishes. Not even mad.
PB and CB together might be enough actually.

Yeah Palindrome is crazy good, all I ever use nowadays.

Top Bottom